stevo Posted April 16, 2010 at 12:52 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 12:52 PM Loving this!!! Makes me want that DVD even more!! Of course it's auto-tuned, of course it's playback!!Still she can't win, imagine if we'd have had a DVD using the old playback. Everyone would complain!! The muscles required for a full belt vocal like this song makes it a very intense song, if it's not performed live properly with appropriate muscularsupport she could damage her vocal cords/folds irrepairably. We have to remember that we love her, she loves to give a show.If she was small fish and only performed 30 concerts a year then she would sing it live of course.A regime that is a world tour of that level would be impossible to sing live continually for 2 hours and then travel and thendo another 100 shows. It's a consequence of her success.She doesn't have to do it at all, certainly not for the money. And let's be honest, for 'Joe Public', they wouldn't know anyway!! If we are to make comparisons, look at whitney's performance of , she can't even hit the notes she sang 15 years ago, Celine has recorded a playback version true to all her previous live recordings, that's no mean feat.At least we have a consummate performer in Celine, one who looks after herself! As we get older our bodies change and the vocalcords/folds, pharyngeal areas and muscular support all change. This has an inevitable effect on her tonal qualities. I say go girl, do what you love! Ignore your detractors and be yourself. It's why you are who you are!! LoveP x x Couldn't have said it better, Paul Quote
mirage Posted April 16, 2010 at 01:51 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 01:51 PM Loving this!!! Makes me want that DVD even more!! Of course it's auto-tuned, of course it's playback!!Still she can't win, imagine if we'd have had a DVD using the old playback. Everyone would complain!! The muscles required for a full belt vocal like this song makes it a very intense song, if it's not performed live properly with appropriate muscularsupport she could damage her vocal cords/folds irrepairably. We have to remember that we love her, she loves to give a show.If she was small fish and only performed 30 concerts a year then she would sing it live of course.A regime that is a world tour of that level would be impossible to sing live continually for 2 hours and then travel and thendo another 100 shows. It's a consequence of her success.She doesn't have to do it at all, certainly not for the money. And let's be honest, for 'Joe Public', they wouldn't know anyway!! If we are to make comparisons, look at whitney's performance of , she can't even hit the notes she sang 15 years ago, Celine has recorded a playback version true to all her previous live recordings, that's no mean feat.At least we have a consummate performer in Celine, one who looks after herself! As we get older our bodies change and the vocalcords/folds, pharyngeal areas and muscular support all change. This has an inevitable effect on her tonal qualities. I say go girl, do what you love! Ignore your detractors and be yourself. It's why you are who you are!! LoveP x x lol so true... whatever they choose to do, it will never be the right one for some of us but me is soooo HAPPY with these new vocals Go Celine Quote
Raevaz Posted April 16, 2010 at 02:31 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 02:31 PM I LURVEE it!! I cannot wait until May 11th!! I am going to make my parents take me to Barnes and Noble on my way to school that day to get it! Haha Quote
PatrickDion22 Posted April 16, 2010 at 05:37 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 05:37 PM I think it's Boston oh my god I'm crying hearing this I can't wait to hear the movie and the other DVD's version !!!!!! Yeah, it is Boston. I was there on the first night (August 12th). The video doesn't do the concert justice, though. The electricity from the audience was absolutely amazing. I was in the third row, which was great as well. Quote Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/patjsully
ryba Posted April 16, 2010 at 05:40 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 05:40 PM some of you complain that Celine sounds pretty nasal in some songs but consider that it is not easy to sing perfect every single song when you are singing for almost 2 hours in a concert, especially a couples of times a week! I think the vocals are great! Quote
Nmj Posted April 16, 2010 at 05:47 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 05:47 PM I Wish they interviewer would have asked Celine about the baby-process I Wonder if they are still trying, given up or if she s pregnant Quote
zuv Posted April 16, 2010 at 06:10 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 06:10 PM (edited) SWEET!!! How long has it been since she performed this song live??? like 15 years?!?!? She's amazing!!! Whatever people say, i like to think that this song was truly live from the concert that night!! And IF this is just a new playback for the song... well we'll soon find out in future performances... Edited April 16, 2010 at 06:17 PM by pyb Quote
Claudette Posted April 16, 2010 at 06:33 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 06:33 PM (edited) SWEET!!! How long has it been since she performed this song live??? like 15 years?!?!? She's amazing!!! Whatever people say, i like to think that this song was truly live from the concert that night!! And IF this is just a new playback for the song... well we'll soon find out in future performances... I agree with you. I'm gonna take it as a true live version, and I don't care what people say. By the way, does anyone else find it strange that Celine didn't mention the baby thing again in her answer about her wishes for the future. Usually that is the first thing she says. I wonder if that means she is pregnant or what? Edited April 16, 2010 at 06:51 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Nmj Posted April 16, 2010 at 06:48 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 06:48 PM I thought the same exact same Quote
Matias Posted April 16, 2010 at 07:21 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 07:21 PM Yeah, I want to believe that it is a LIVE version,not a pre recorded one, and even if it was, it is her real voice! people change, we have to accept that the 1996 Celine is 42 now....if you still wish that she pulls that high notes EVERY single time...well stay at home and only listen to FIY over and over and over, I like to see how Celine evolved as a person and artist during these years Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
maceta_biloxi Posted April 16, 2010 at 07:23 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 07:23 PM (edited) SWEET!!! How long has it been since she performed this song live??? like 15 years?!?!? She's amazing!!! Whatever people say, i like to think that this song was truly live from the concert that night!! And IF this is just a new playback for the song... well we'll soon find out in future performances... I agree with you. I'm gonna take it as a true live version, and I don't care what people say. By the way, does anyone else find it strange that Celine didn't mention the baby thing again in her answer about her wishes for the future. Usually that is the first thing she says. I wonder if that means she is pregnant or what? Let me ask you this: did Rene go by himself to the interviews in all those shows he's lately been on? I haven't seen or heard much about Celine lately only that she is doing interviews by phone (AOL, Home Shopping Network, etc), that to sounds a bit fishy, she might be pregnant... we don't know. Edited April 16, 2010 at 07:24 PM by maceta_biloxi Quote Do What You Want But Harm No One http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs939.snc4/73202_10150111343007542_831827541_7586213_4279368_n.jpg...Looking Alike!?
Matias Posted April 16, 2010 at 07:28 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 07:28 PM Well after the IVF treatments she really need to rest and not travelling a lot, so....so far she could be at home, with RC having some relax time Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
Claudette Posted April 16, 2010 at 08:23 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 08:23 PM (edited) SWEET!!! How long has it been since she performed this song live??? like 15 years?!?!? She's amazing!!! Whatever people say, i like to think that this song was truly live from the concert that night!! And IF this is just a new playback for the song... well we'll soon find out in future performances... I agree with you. I'm gonna take it as a true live version, and I don't care what people say. By the way, does anyone else find it strange that Celine didn't mention the baby thing again in her answer about her wishes for the future. Usually that is the first thing she says. I wonder if that means she is pregnant or what? Let me ask you this: did Rene go by himself to the interviews in all those shows he's lately been on? I haven't seen or heard much about Celine lately only that she is doing interviews by phone (AOL, Home Shopping Network, etc), that to sounds a bit fishy, she might be pregnant... we don't know. Well he did that interviews around the time she was in hospital going through the treatments, so I guess she couldn't travel with him. She is suppose to stay in bed and take it easy for a couple of days after the transfer. I'm not gonna assume anything. I'll wait for the announcement. I just thought that it was strange that she didn't mention her wish for another baby again. Usually that is the first thing she says she wants in the future. I don't know, I just think her answer is weird... sweet but weird... I didn't want to say this, but to me it sounds like she accepted things the way they are and that she is happy with what she has. I hope I'm wrong though... Maybe I'm reading to much into it. I guess only time will tell... Edited April 16, 2010 at 08:31 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Nmj Posted April 16, 2010 at 09:13 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 09:13 PM Exactly either she is pregnant and trying to lay low under the radar or she is not and has come to content about not going to ever have another child Quote
Céline's Blues Posted April 16, 2010 at 09:44 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 09:44 PM I say go girl, do what you love! Ignore your detractors and be yourself. It's why you are who you are!! Her detractors happen to know her potential better than herself. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Matias Posted April 16, 2010 at 10:01 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 10:01 PM Well...yeah right, other people know her better than her self or Rene..bla bla... Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
SuperLove4Celine Posted April 16, 2010 at 10:28 PM Posted April 16, 2010 at 10:28 PM SWEET!!! How long has it been since she performed this song live??? like 15 years?!?!? She's amazing!!! Whatever people say, i like to think that this song was truly live from the concert that night!! And IF this is just a new playback for the song... well we'll soon find out in future performances... I agree with you. I'm gonna take it as a true live version, and I don't care what people say. By the way, does anyone else find it strange that Celine didn't mention the baby thing again in her answer about her wishes for the future. Usually that is the first thing she says. I wonder if that means she is pregnant or what? Let me ask you this: did Rene go by himself to the interviews in all those shows he's lately been on? I haven't seen or heard much about Celine lately only that she is doing interviews by phone (AOL, Home Shopping Network, etc), that to sounds a bit fishy, she might be pregnant... we don't know. Well he did that interviews around the time she was in hospital going through the treatments, so I guess she couldn't travel with him. She is suppose to stay in bed and take it easy for a couple of days after the transfer. I'm not gonna assume anything. I'll wait for the announcement. I just thought that it was strange that she didn't mention her wish for another baby again. Usually that is the first thing she says she wants in the future. I don't know, I just think her answer is weird... sweet but weird... I didn't want to say this, but to me it sounds like she accepted things the way they are and that she is happy with what she has. I hope I'm wrong though... Maybe I'm reading to much into it. I guess only time will tell... I thought the same thing as I was reading the article. Quote
Sofie Posted April 17, 2010 at 05:52 PM Posted April 17, 2010 at 05:52 PM SWEET!!! How long has it been since she performed this song live??? like 15 years?!?!? She's amazing!!! Whatever people say, i like to think that this song was truly live from the concert that night!! And IF this is just a new playback for the song... well we'll soon find out in future performances... I agree with you. I'm gonna take it as a true live version, and I don't care what people say. By the way, does anyone else find it strange that Celine didn't mention the baby thing again in her answer about her wishes for the future. Usually that is the first thing she says. I wonder if that means she is pregnant or what? Let me ask you this: did Rene go by himself to the interviews in all those shows he's lately been on? I haven't seen or heard much about Celine lately only that she is doing interviews by phone (AOL, Home Shopping Network, etc), that to sounds a bit fishy, she might be pregnant... we don't know. Well he did that interviews around the time she was in hospital going through the treatments, so I guess she couldn't travel with him. She is suppose to stay in bed and take it easy for a couple of days after the transfer. I'm not gonna assume anything. I'll wait for the announcement. I just thought that it was strange that she didn't mention her wish for another baby again. Usually that is the first thing she says she wants in the future. I don't know, I just think her answer is weird... sweet but weird... I didn't want to say this, but to me it sounds like she accepted things the way they are and that she is happy with what she has. I hope I'm wrong though... Maybe I'm reading to much into it. I guess only time will tell... I thought the same thing as I was reading the article. Thought that too, especially at the last question Quote
xo1hrt4celineox Posted April 17, 2010 at 08:13 PM Posted April 17, 2010 at 08:13 PM omg, hearing TPOL again for real made me love it all over again... i was so surprised! once again she took my breath away and that's why shes the best!! Quote . . .Live to Love Celine Dion <3http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/java05.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/8839047.png
volleyceline Posted April 18, 2010 at 02:46 AM Posted April 18, 2010 at 02:46 AM http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/5390-Cli...ing-Mother.html What would you have done if she had, in fact stopped singing?... Indefinitely!! I'd probably go crazy, and have to listen to her old songs so much, until I couldn't listen anymore. I'm very glad, however that along with being a mother (and possibly future mother, again!) she was able to balance her wonderful, amazing career, then her show business too J'aime Celine! Quote http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥
nati Posted April 18, 2010 at 02:50 AM Posted April 18, 2010 at 02:50 AM I would have been happy for her and remembered all the good memories i have of her. And tried to find a new artist to fill that emptiness i would probably feel Quote Thanks Celine for the great memories. I will never forget you
miel_sourit Posted April 18, 2010 at 04:05 AM Posted April 18, 2010 at 04:05 AM i will be happy, if that's what she wants...but no other artist can ever replace her in my heart..i will listen to her songs as long as i live... :-) Quote http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2645/19/46/1353927048/n1353927048_30196013_7530441.jpg Visit My Website QUELLE BELLE ANGE, C'EST CELINE....JE T'AIME CELINE!!!
riobeard11 Posted April 18, 2010 at 04:32 AM Posted April 18, 2010 at 04:32 AM I would have walked up to her door, knocked...and then take her arm and drag her into Caesars and said ok GO. Quote
Céline's Blues Posted April 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM Posted April 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM I find it very scary when fans describe this ridiculously robotic and mechanical playback track as “amazing” or “fell in love all over again”. Are your standards that low? I don’t believe it. I refuse to believe it. Céline either lost her mind completely and authorized this mindless tinkering with her voice or she didn’t even hear the track proper herself. Either way it’s a clear confession of failure coming from the Dion enterprise. How can a serious singer like herself who once blocked the release of her Millenium DVD due to “vocal quality standards” go all the way with this kind of vocal sacrilege of one of her most significant songs!? I really urge anybody who remotely likes this track to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOJzGhenXD4 This is Céline Dion with all her little imperfections. That robot in the above thread and her new disgusting vocoder-vandalized version is some sub-par joke. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
yumeng Posted April 18, 2010 at 01:15 PM Posted April 18, 2010 at 01:15 PM Thank you for the news Quote
Nmj Posted April 18, 2010 at 03:35 PM Posted April 18, 2010 at 03:35 PM ^ You have to keep in mind that we will NEVER have a performance of TPOL like that from 1998 again, so with that new playback version we are happy with it, its fresh and more modern and more than likely recorded withing the last year! SO WE WILL TAKE IT!-Nmj Quote
Matias Posted April 18, 2010 at 04:26 PM Posted April 18, 2010 at 04:26 PM I find it very scary when fans describe this ridiculously robotic and mechanical playback track as “amazing” or “fell in love all over again”. Are your standards that low? I don’t believe it. I refuse to believe it. Céline either lost her mind completely and authorized this mindless tinkering with her voice or she didn’t even hear the track proper herself. Either way it’s a clear confession of failure coming from the Dion enterprise. How can a serious singer like herself who once blocked the release of her Millenium DVD due to “vocal quality standards” go all the way with this kind of vocal sacrilege of one of her most significant songs!? I really urge anybody who remotely likes this track to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOJzGhenXD4 This is Céline Dion with all her little imperfections. That robot in the above thread and her new disgusting vocoder-vandalized version is some sub-par joke. I think that you have to undertand that her voice changed! Celine changed and she is not in her 20's anymore, after performing for 5 years in Las Vegas is to expect that her voice chenged, and not for worst, it just changed! second of all, you have to keep in mind that that version is from the DVD, course she is going to create a more "teatrical" performance or more elaborated...pehaps that's where you see the "robot" in her ( I personally don't see it) And the Millenium concert WAS a disaster (the cameras were lost most of the times, the sound of the audience was SO loud, and her voice was terrible...just listen to SSD arghhhhh) not vocoder can arrange that. She didn't want people to see that her last performance for a coulple of years was so terrible. Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
Claudette Posted April 18, 2010 at 04:50 PM Posted April 18, 2010 at 04:50 PM (edited) Just ignore Celine's Blues. He has ''vocoder'' on the brain. There is nothing wrong with that performance and I personally don't get what people are complaining about. They just dubbed the audio over the video footage. It is called editing. Why do you guys think they film so many shows. To get the best shots, sound and whatever. It still sounds 100% live and I don't even know what autotuning people are talking about. How do people even hear it? I don't get it. I love that performance and I can't stop watching it. I say if you don't like it then don't buy the frigging DVD. As simple as that. But stop ruining it for those of us that actually like it. Edited April 18, 2010 at 05:31 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Matias Posted April 18, 2010 at 05:29 PM Posted April 18, 2010 at 05:29 PM Just ignore Celine's Blues. He has ''vocoder'' on the brain. There is nothing wrong with that performance and I personally don't get what people are complaining about. They just dubbed the audio over the video footage. It is call editing. Why do you guys think they film so many shows. To get the best shots, sound and whatever. It still sounds 100% live and I don't even know what autotuning people are talking about. How do people even hear it? I don't get it. I love that performance and I can't stop watching it. I say if you don't like it then don't buy the frigging DVD. As simple as that. But stop ruining it for those of us that actually like it. Amen girl! Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
Timster Posted April 18, 2010 at 06:14 PM Posted April 18, 2010 at 06:14 PM Just ignore Celine's Blues. He has ''vocoder'' on the brain. There is nothing wrong with that performance and I personally don't get what people are complaining about. They just dubbed the audio over the video footage. It is called editing. Why do you guys think they film so many shows. To get the best shots, sound and whatever. It still sounds 100% live and I don't even know what autotuning people are talking about. How do people even hear it? I don't get it. I love that performance and I can't stop watching it. I say if you don't like it then don't buy the frigging DVD. As simple as that. But stop ruining it for those of us that actually like it.I agree. It sounds 100% live cos when she recorded it she probably just sang it like she would on stgae, rather than spending lots of time practising to make her voice sound sound less nasal/more clear. I think this is great cos the transition to the chorus is perfect. But the vocals have been autotuned. I think most of the long and high notes have been. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.