Shamrock_1982 Posted February 9, 2010 at 07:57 PM Posted February 9, 2010 at 07:57 PM If Celine was to sing the theme tune to the next James Bond movie, theres a good possibility. ( I think anyway ) Darren. Quote
Leo Posted February 9, 2010 at 08:08 PM Posted February 9, 2010 at 08:08 PM See how (at least) this section of the O2 Arena reacted to "Shadow Of Love".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct6_gQDbSp0...feature=related The song wasn't a single and maybe they didn't have the album, but couldn't they at least clap their hands? Judging by this video, I think the general public aren't interested in this kind of sound from Celine. Quote
Javito Posted February 9, 2010 at 08:35 PM Posted February 9, 2010 at 08:35 PM See how (at least) this section of the O2 Arena reacted to "Shadow Of Love".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct6_gQDbSp0...feature=related The song wasn't a single and maybe they didn't have the album, but couldn't they at least clap their hands? Judging by this video, I think the general public aren't interested in this kind of sound from Celine. I have to disagree with you on this Leo. First, this song performed live has little to do with the power you can feel in the album studio version (same happened with That's The Way It Is in the past), and also, we know that the overall public that goes to Céline's concerts is composed of adults in its majority. So I'm not surprised if they don't move along with this song But send this song to the radios with a good promotion, make some dance remixes, and then send Céline to Top of the Pops (or another TV show addressed to young audiences). Things would be different then Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
browseceline Posted February 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM Posted February 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM See how (at least) this section of the O2 Arena reacted to "Shadow Of Love".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct6_gQDbSp0...feature=related The song wasn't a single and maybe they didn't have the album, but couldn't they at least clap their hands? Judging by this video, I think the general public aren't interested in this kind of sound from Celine. But I think this live performance could have been much better with better instrumental part, better mix, interesting vocals too.When I heard this song the first time.. I was like..YES! I let it hear to a friend of mine who hates Celine, and he even liked this song!just like Can't fight the feeling, that song rocks! But in the end, a new cd by Celine will be bought by all the fans/interested people, because of the label Celine Dion.A new album will certainly sell, but to win new fans she has to take it a little higher. Release that not expected songs. Even surprise surprise, it could have been a great song. but no... Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Charles Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:25 AM Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:25 AM let's wait for another "Titanic" Quote
ThisTime Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM if she teamed up with a current young artist she could get another #1 or it has to be a theme for a block buster movie, then its possible to get another #1. James Cameron should have asked her to do the theme for Avatar , same as he did Titanic . what a failed opportunity. I haven't heard that song once on the radio... So I am very happy they didn't!! a great movie doesn't equal a great movie soundtrack Exactly! The theme for Avatar charted nowhere! This song is a H-U-G-E commercial failure all over the world.I thought they weren't even going to release it as a single so... it's sort of not performing because it wasn't supposed to. Quote http://i.imgur.com/MfrTohK.gifMy Twitter || My Tumblr
Tyler1991 Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:45 AM Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:45 AM It hasn't exactly been promoted. Leona only performed it on one TV show that I'm aware of. For that matter, she hasn't done hardly any promotion compared to what she did for Spirit. But anyway, this is a Celine forum! lol Quote
celinesounds Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:49 AM Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:49 AM See how (at least) this section of the O2 Arena reacted to "Shadow Of Love".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct6_gQDbSp0...feature=related The song wasn't a single and maybe they didn't have the album, but couldn't they at least clap their hands? Judging by this video, I think the general public aren't interested in this kind of sound from Celine. But I think this live performance could have been much better with better instrumental part, better mix, interesting vocals too.When I heard this song the first time.. I was like..YES! I let it hear to a friend of mine who hates Celine, and he even liked this song!just like Can't fight the feeling, that song rocks! But in the end, a new cd by Celine will be bought by all the fans/interested people, because of the label Celine Dion.A new album will certainly sell, but to win new fans she has to take it a little higher. Release that not expected songs. Even surprise surprise, it could have been a great song. but no... There are great remixes to Shadow of Love. But the song doesn't work well live. Even This Time has been worked better. Quote #FREEJAVITO
Tyler1991 Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:56 AM Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:56 AM SOL could have bene great live, but the arrangement is so much different then the studio arrangement. It had potential in studio, but they had to screw it up and take that away.. Quote
Nando Férri Posted February 10, 2010 at 02:35 AM Posted February 10, 2010 at 02:35 AM See how (at least) this section of the O2 Arena reacted to "Shadow Of Love".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct6_gQDbSp0...feature=related The song wasn't a single and maybe they didn't have the album, but couldn't they at least clap their hands? Judging by this video, I think the general public aren't interested in this kind of sound from Celine.How can we compare? If I have never listen to the album version, I wouldn't be happy at all with this live version. Her voice sounds great but where is THAT beat from the original song? It just doesn't sound interesting at all... Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
amelie Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:26 PM Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:26 PM If Celine was to sing the theme tune to the next James Bond movie, theres a good possibility. ( I think anyway ) Darren. same here and i'd so love to see this happen even if it doesn't chart! Quote
RLAAMJR. Posted February 10, 2010 at 01:18 PM Posted February 10, 2010 at 01:18 PM If Celine was chosen to sing the theme song for "AVatar", it still wouldn't get to the number 1 spot cos the song itself wasn't great. Quote
betterone Posted February 10, 2010 at 01:42 PM Posted February 10, 2010 at 01:42 PM I don't think Celine will have another #1 hit in US unless she really has got some good materals.I also don't think it is boring to hear her sing ballad again. Since she can sing ballad better than anyone, why not? Quote
Javito Posted February 10, 2010 at 02:40 PM Posted February 10, 2010 at 02:40 PM See how (at least) this section of the O2 Arena reacted to "Shadow Of Love".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct6_gQDbSp0...feature=related The song wasn't a single and maybe they didn't have the album, but couldn't they at least clap their hands? Judging by this video, I think the general public aren't interested in this kind of sound from Celine.How can we compare? If I have never listen to the album version, I wouldn't be happy at all with this live version. Her voice sounds great but where is THAT beat from the original song? It just doesn't sound interesting at all... Yeah, they completely failed to bring that song live. I think they fail with almost all of her uptempo songs when it comes to bring them live onstage . I guess her band is still not used to play those songs Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
stavdash Posted February 10, 2010 at 04:21 PM Posted February 10, 2010 at 04:21 PM (edited) Probably not with another ballad. It would have to be with something fun, contemporary and uptempo...ala "That's The Way It Is." Edited February 10, 2010 at 04:26 PM by stavdash Quote
smw Posted February 10, 2010 at 04:44 PM Posted February 10, 2010 at 04:44 PM SO many people have told me that the Taking Chances album did not suit Celine's voice. While I'm glad to have SOME of the songs on that album, I'd prefer another album closer to A New Day Has Come (with the exception of some AWFUL songs on that album such as Rain, Tax, etc.). In a nutshell, people want singles like A New Day Has Come and NOT Shadow of Love/Taking Chances. Quote
Nando Férri Posted February 10, 2010 at 05:39 PM Posted February 10, 2010 at 05:39 PM (edited) SO many people have told me that the Taking Chances album did not suit Celine's voice. While I'm glad to have SOME of the songs on that album, I'd prefer another album closer to A New Day Has Come (with the exception of some AWFUL songs on that album such as Rain, Tax, etc.). In a nutshell, people want singles like A New Day Has Come and NOT Shadow of Love/Taking Chances.Don't think so. ANDHC is too 2002 kind of pop. It doesn't sounds conteporary anymore. The kind of pop that she did in the past ("You and I", "One heart", "I'm alive") is the kind of pop that Hanna Montana would sing. She really needs to go for it! She is always doing things for the half. It's "half" pop, "half" rock, "half" dance, "half" R&B. Come on! Do it! Edited February 10, 2010 at 05:40 PM by Nando Férri Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
kermitdafrog Posted November 8, 2010 at 11:24 PM Posted November 8, 2010 at 11:24 PM I sure hope she will!! Quote It's not easy being green.
Tyler1991 Posted November 9, 2010 at 01:04 AM Posted November 9, 2010 at 01:04 AM AC maybe. Hot 100 never. Quote
CelineDionFan710 Posted November 9, 2010 at 01:42 AM Posted November 9, 2010 at 01:42 AM i hope that she does. Quote http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpgCeline is my idol
Nmj Posted November 9, 2010 at 02:00 AM Posted November 9, 2010 at 02:00 AM ??? the million dollar ??? Quote
Charles Posted November 9, 2010 at 03:33 AM Posted November 9, 2010 at 03:33 AM look at the past chart-toppers, the answer is...very unlikely Quote
bgcalde Posted November 9, 2010 at 03:44 AM Posted November 9, 2010 at 03:44 AM Only with a really good ballad for some big movie Quote
celinefanonline Posted November 9, 2010 at 04:13 AM Posted November 9, 2010 at 04:13 AM well i hope so sometime again but we'll see Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
NancyxxM Posted November 9, 2010 at 08:58 AM Posted November 9, 2010 at 08:58 AM She will Lets have faith in her! Quote http://www.socal.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/1987-jane_seymour6.jpg Jane Seymour. Celine Dion.
RLAAMJR. Posted November 9, 2010 at 09:47 AM Posted November 9, 2010 at 09:47 AM She will have another #1 single. quite certain about it. Quote
robert sadler Posted November 9, 2010 at 03:17 PM Posted November 9, 2010 at 03:17 PM (edited) Celine will always be number 1 to me what ever she sings CELINE RULES. Edited November 9, 2010 at 03:17 PM by robert sadler Quote CELINE HAS AND ALWAYS WILL WIN THE HEARTS OF MILLIONS,CELINE RULES
Sofie Posted November 9, 2010 at 03:26 PM Posted November 9, 2010 at 03:26 PM She will Lets have faith in her! Agree! Though the important part is not wether she's going to have another #1 hit, it's that she loves what she's doing and we love her. Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted November 9, 2010 at 04:09 PM Posted November 9, 2010 at 04:09 PM (edited) Singers (or I should say their record label) can buy airplay to score a #1 Hit or a Top10 Hit single on the Billboard Hot 100 by giving huge amount of cash to the major radio stations in the U.S. Basically this is the "Pay to get get airplay" practice aka Payola. Plenty of singers do that. That's why they can easily score a #1 Hit or a Top10 Hit on the Billboard Hot 100 despite having flop albums. Celine could easily do that but I highly doubt she would do such ''not-so-legal'' thing since her and René only care about albums sales and concerts revenues. Edited November 9, 2010 at 04:34 PM by Calypso Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.