Frida Posted May 29, 2010 at 10:45 PM Posted May 29, 2010 at 10:45 PM I am surprised Greece got so many points. So was I But yea, her accent is really weird and the song has a feel to it that makes you feel a bit dizzy, just like the live version of Shadow of Love. I am surprised Israel didn't get higher. Why did so many boo against Israel, when they gave votes and so on? There were? I only noticed it when Russia got points... Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
Bralo20 Posted May 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM Posted May 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM ^ I quite like Germany/Lena (could be because she's so darn cute LOL) That was indeed the sole reason why she should have won, what she did anyway Oh well, it's over for another year now I did like Iceland's song and there was another cute song (or was it a cute girl?) which I liked, forgot the name allready, Ukraine is a possible? Quote ...
Frida Posted May 29, 2010 at 10:49 PM Posted May 29, 2010 at 10:49 PM ^ I quite like Germany/Lena (could be because she's so darn cute LOL)She reminds me of Amy Diamond. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know. /fred Haha, ouch, that's bad Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
ce-line Posted May 29, 2010 at 11:52 PM Posted May 29, 2010 at 11:52 PM ^ I quite like Germany/Lena (could be because she's so darn cute LOL)She reminds me of Amy Diamond. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know. /fred Haha, ouch, that's bad Why? Amy Diamond is sweet and has a great voice! Quote http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/celinetime/Wall_1-sig2-cut_zpsc3440219.jpg"Now hounds of love are hunting..." http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/celinetime/Mirasig_zps9c49e4c3.jpg"I'm so tired of this guessing game..."
ce-line Posted May 29, 2010 at 11:57 PM Posted May 29, 2010 at 11:57 PM Is it me, or the thing has become watchable again for the first time in 10 years?My vote goes to ALBANIA! Albania got my vote, too! Sad they didn't get so many points... Anyway... Was a great evening! Loooved the flash mob dance! Very cool to see all in the audience dance! Quote http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/celinetime/Wall_1-sig2-cut_zpsc3440219.jpg"Now hounds of love are hunting..." http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/celinetime/Mirasig_zps9c49e4c3.jpg"I'm so tired of this guessing game..."
destin139 Posted May 30, 2010 at 12:09 AM Posted May 30, 2010 at 12:09 AM Well I'm really not surprised UK did so terribly... it was what the song deserved really, although I'm gutted for Josh- he performed it well but it was just so boring! Although our song was better than Ukraine and Serbia... and yet they got more points?! I still dont think the voting system works, even with the jury (although that has undoubtedly made it better) Am really glad that Belgium did so well Although I wasnt overly enamoured with the German song that won... Ireland definitely deserved to do better; Niamh nailed the song after she had struggled with her voice. I'm glad Denmark did well - their performance was much better And I know that although Norway probably weren't going to win it again.... wow their singer was gorgeous Quote http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww171/destin139/Celine2.jpg
Brody-Celine Posted May 30, 2010 at 12:17 AM Posted May 30, 2010 at 12:17 AM Whats the Deal with Celine being on here? i got people telling me she was on or something sitting on a sofa im confused! Quote
disadiva Posted May 30, 2010 at 02:03 AM Posted May 30, 2010 at 02:03 AM ohhh wouldn't mind going to that Irish Eurovision party!! I am going to have a quiet party with a friend of mine, her newborn twins and her hubby. I can't drink Alcohol anymore (no not an alcoholic haha) so I'm going to the store disadiva is working at (well one of them, don't know the exact store she works at haha) because they have 50% off on Candy on saturdays and buy some chips as well. That will be my Eurovision party. Oh and I mentioned it in the Random topic but the composer for the Azerbaijan song is the same one that wrote Have You Ever Been In Love Hehehe' I work at Hagkaup Smáralind Angelil78' but i am on weekend off now.Work on monday' so next time you come there i am on casier 1 i havedarkbrown hair and eyeglasses, look me out.i work from 10-18 all week days. I am also sad for Iceland...19 place...it sucks... But these things happen you never knowand never trust the votebanks nor the judges...i wish Germany a happy victory it is really a good song. Quote http://i46.tinypic.com/2nvtcpl.jpg
Davey84 Posted May 30, 2010 at 12:27 PM Author Posted May 30, 2010 at 12:27 PM (edited) Germany gets so many points, but i really dont get why...It's terrible, the way she pronounce the words, i dont know why but it irritates me as hell...and her voice it's like she has a bad cold For me: Iceland, Israel (love the song) Romania, Greece, Ukraine, Georgie,lol i found Slovakia very funny, and Serbia hahah that's Eurovision... The once who are now in the top3 are just random songs who could easily be in a normal chart. They dont have the Eurovision touch for me... haha I agree Robin... I think it's nice that Germany won, but IMO this song aint the best of the night... and that girl, she's weird! I was very surprised that Iceland and Ireland did so bad! they were big favs! I also liked Albania a lot, but that didn't do well either, I think coz the performance lacked something... like dancers! Azerbeidzjan it ended high, but I didn't like it, and I really don't get why Armenia ended so high, the song was sooo bad and the act was stupid! My winner was Georgia, the girl sang with a lot of passion, she reminded me of Lara Fabian....though the chorography was unnecessary the UK had a good song... if it was 1998, but this was just stupid!! I really don't get it, so many hits and hit singers come from the UK, but the Eurovision they can't get right! all in all I think this was the best song contest in ages, and I do believe that's also due to the professional juries, though this year that didn't help the Netherlands! ooooooooooooh boyyyyyyyyyyyy I'm listening to all the songs again and now Ik Ben Verliefd Sha la li is now playing.... this song is for ever stuck in my head!! Edited May 30, 2010 at 12:37 PM by Davey84 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Snowhite Posted May 30, 2010 at 12:39 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 12:39 PM Next year i hope all th contestants to sing in their own language.Like Greece,Israel,Serbia etc did it.Eurovision is an ethnic 'product' Quote
Frida Posted May 30, 2010 at 12:59 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 12:59 PM ^ I don't think that's EVER going to happen Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
J-Man Posted May 30, 2010 at 02:04 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 02:04 PM (edited) Okay, WTF happened last night! I cannot understand how we (Ireland) came in 3rd last. We had a really good song, she did a great performance and deserved to get a good placing. It just doesn't make sense that tripe from Serbia, Turkey, Russia all get placed well above us. It is the same old ding dong, political voting. Because the UK, & Ireland are two island nations stuck off away from Europe we don't have any friends except for ourselves. boo hoo. It was obvious that some countries (especially in the Euro land) wanted to show Angela Merkel and the rest of Germany how much they love them, pah pathetic! Russia was clearly getting it's traditional political votes because those former soviet bloc countries cannot be seen to offend mother Russia, I mean that song was bizarre..."Hey man, what are you doing?I'm looking at her photo, what should I do with them?Drop them into the fire" (what the heck... ) The winning song, was boring, forgettable and could have been sung by anyone & her dog and will not be a Eurovision classic. The singer had a weird accent, a put on singing voice designed to copy English born Lily Allen, and was like a moany teenager after winning, not able to continue holding the heavy trophy and proclaiming "Do I have to sing now?!" when requested. Yes, you spoilt brat, you do! I really hate this winner, you can probably tell. Denmark was a brilliantly catchy chorus and should have won. It was proper Eurovision; cheesy, a bit 70's, and with a killer hook. I'm sorry but I feel they were cheated. I know everyone has their own opinions, but I have to express mine. They need to stop letting hetrosexual people vote in Eurovision, it should only be about the soaring divas, the novety nutters and the disco anthems. Edited May 30, 2010 at 02:08 PM by J-Man Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
angelil78 Posted May 30, 2010 at 02:10 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 02:10 PM ohhh wouldn't mind going to that Irish Eurovision party!! I am going to have a quiet party with a friend of mine, her newborn twins and her hubby. I can't drink Alcohol anymore (no not an alcoholic haha) so I'm going to the store disadiva is working at (well one of them, don't know the exact store she works at haha) because they have 50% off on Candy on saturdays and buy some chips as well. That will be my Eurovision party. Oh and I mentioned it in the Random topic but the composer for the Azerbaijan song is the same one that wrote Have You Ever Been In Love Hehehe' I work at Hagkaup Smáralind Angelil78' but i am on weekend off now.Work on monday' so next time you come there i am on casier 1 i havedarkbrown hair and eyeglasses, look me out.i work from 10-18 all week days. I am also sad for Iceland...19 place...it sucks... But these things happen you never knowand never trust the votebanks nor the judges...i wish Germany a happy victory it is really a good song. hehe then you have definetly served me at some point. Always buy the cosmetics there I didn't like the voting this year. Songs that I thought were good didn't get that many votes. And Lenas voice is so irritating. She's german but it's like she's trying to have Lily Allens accent or something, it's so fake. I didn't like them winning. The song was ok, so it deserved top 5, but not the top spot. I am dissapointed that Iceland was only in the 19th place. I expected 10-15 place. We didn't even get high points from the Nordic countries and that's something we have always got. Now some people think we didn't get votes because Europe hates us because of the volcano and the economic stuff. Dunno about that though. I did hear Russia being booed but never Israel. Love how political votes are getting less important, like Eastern Europe voting for Eastern Europe and Western for Western (like Iceland not getting good points from Scandinavia). It should be about the songs, not countries Quote
Davey84 Posted May 30, 2010 at 02:19 PM Author Posted May 30, 2010 at 02:19 PM Okay, WTF happened last night! I cannot understand how we (Ireland) came in 3rd last. We had a really good song, she did a great performance and deserved to get a good placing. It just doesn't make sense that tripe from Serbia, Turkey, Russia all get placed well above us. It is the same old ding dong, political voting. Because the UK, & Ireland are two island nations stuck off away from Europe we don't have any friends except for ourselves. boo hoo. or maybe it was cos the song was a cheap rip off from something out of the Little Mermaid! Denmark was a brilliantly catchy chorus and should have won. It was proper Eurovision; cheesy, a bit 70's, and with a killer hook. I'm sorry but I feel they were cheated. I know everyone has their own opinions, but I have to express mine. They need to stop letting hetrosexual people vote in Eurovision, it should only be about the soaring divas, the novety nutters and the disco anthems. Did we watch the same thing!? Denmark had no chemistry whatsoever and that guy was annoying and uninspiring... Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
J-Man Posted May 30, 2010 at 02:23 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 02:23 PM I know he wasn't great, I said that before, but it was a great catchy song. I loved it and I've decided it's the real winner! How dare you dis the red headed legends song. You Eurovision heathen! Sha la li, sha la la, sha la li sha la la.......... Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
ce-line Posted May 30, 2010 at 02:42 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 02:42 PM Germany wasn't my favourite, either. But I kinda like it. It stood out from the rest, I think.Very happy that Denmark got a 4th place! It's been some years since we've got a top position! I'm a little sad Albania didn't do better... I really liked that song!Well, anyway, congratulations to Germany! Quote http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/celinetime/Wall_1-sig2-cut_zpsc3440219.jpg"Now hounds of love are hunting..." http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/celinetime/Mirasig_zps9c49e4c3.jpg"I'm so tired of this guessing game..."
celine4evauk Posted May 30, 2010 at 03:49 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 03:49 PM The whole of Europe and beyond hates the UK.Josh did ok with the song he had, but Pete Waterman and co were great in the 80's but not now. That song was bad for 2010. We need to either take a break from entering for a few years or we need to go back to getting proper singers/groups with decent songs to represent us. We only did well last year cos of Lord Lloyd Webber. I really hated Germany's song. She didn't sing very well, couldn't understand half the words. Think she was trying a bit too hard to be Lady Gaga!! Think there were a few other countries that were more deserving - but hey ho!! Quote
charmedceline Posted May 30, 2010 at 04:26 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 04:26 PM I think Denmark had the best song this year. Can't get it outta my head..... btw....Céline was mentioned twice during the show on the german channel Quote
Kaluss Posted May 30, 2010 at 05:21 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 05:21 PM Belgium was my favorite. But Lena is ok, can't get this song out of my head so it wasn't bad at all Quote Celine Dion Site --- GalleryFANLISTING - Let's count the number of Celine Dion fans!
browseceline Posted May 30, 2010 at 05:26 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 05:26 PM (edited) my review:Ireland should have been the winner, or Iceland, both great powersongs!Overall I must say this contest had some great songs. But Germany, with all respect for the German fans in here, was not my favorite. And it is like most of the people already said - she has a fake accent and I don't call it singing what she did..my favorites were; - iceland - with a punchy powerful eurodance- powerballadireland - i like women with powervoices ( that is why i like celine dion too)armenia - love this song although i don't understand why a apricotstone so important is? but i like the rhytm and the melodyBelgium - a laid back fragile song, love itdenmark - abba-like song, in the tradition of many ESC songsSweden - this is my life... this is just a fragile sad song, like it!Bulgary- a catchy dance song the worst:- holland - sorry although I am from Holland this is just plain crap! Sieneke could not help she had to sing such a childish song with the most rediculous lyrics i have ever heard. If they had thrown in some cheese, wooden shoes, tulips... who knows how far we would have come haha- greece - i don't get it why people like this song ( sorry Greece celine dion fans!)- maybe not the worst song ...Belarus.. but ooooooh soooo cheesy - the butterflieswings of the backgroundsingers... that was really rediculous! - Germany.. did not like the singing, did not like the melody.. it did nothing to me Edited May 30, 2010 at 05:31 PM by browseceline Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Sofie Posted May 30, 2010 at 06:23 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 06:23 PM I think Denmark had the best song this year. Can't get it outta my head..... btw....Céline was mentioned twice during the show on the german channel On the swedish too! Both when they said that she won with just one point in 1988, and before Georgia was up they said something about that "this song was sent to Celine Dion but she said no" on the swedish channel ---------------------------------------------------------------- I have to disagree with almost everyone of you and say that Germany was actually my favourite this yea! :D I know, she had a really weird accent, but man, I loved the song! And yeah maybe she seems a little weird to some of you but I thought she was very charming Well, no matter what we think or didn't think, it's over now and all we can say is: congratulations Germany! Quote
wunderbarCéline Posted May 30, 2010 at 07:19 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 07:19 PM Time for me to say a few words: First of all, I’m extremely proud and happy that we finally won this contest again after 28 years! Jippeeh!! Lena won because she was different, outstanding from the rest and she was totally herself when she was performing. Lena is a lovely, charming, sincere and authentic young girl and she’s just soooo cool!! And no, she was not trying to be Lady Gaga. What a crap!! “Satellite” has been a massive hit here in Germany for weeks and it’s very obvious that Scandinavia loves our Lena too! She’s actuallypopular wherever she goes! Yes, she does have a funny accent but that makes the song so special. What a catchy tune!! Like it or not, fact is that we got 12 points from 9 countries. Therefore a big THANK YOU goes to: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Slovakia, Latvia, Switzerland and Spain!! Germany won because we got by far the most points! And it’s not like people didn’t have a choice. But "Satellite" was obviouslytheir most favourite song! I personally liked Belgium, Denmark, Cyprus, Ireland and France from what I can remember right now. I think it was the bestEurovision Song Contest ever because this year almost all the songs were great and I don't have a bad word to say about any of the other contestants or their performances. Well, I don’t care about those people who don’t grudge us the success. They are in the minority anyway.We are having a huge party here in Germany and it’s feels wunderbar!! Quote http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3203/clinedionrl4.jpg
J-Man Posted May 30, 2010 at 09:34 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 09:34 PM I'm happy for you as a country to have won again, and I don't begrudge Germany the win (I loved Nicole in 82) I just found the song was unworthy compared to others. And I do feel that political voting had a partin it. Just don't want you thinking my comments earler were anti-German. It's the singer/song I didn't get. Enjoy your party. Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
Davey84 Posted May 30, 2010 at 09:41 PM Author Posted May 30, 2010 at 09:41 PM I actually feel sorry for Germany, first they have to pay 27.5 billion to the Greeks to keep the EU from falling apart... then they are paying 123 billion for another EU funds...and now they have to millions to pay for the Eurovision 2011! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Shaun Posted May 30, 2010 at 10:57 PM Posted May 30, 2010 at 10:57 PM (edited) I cannot stop listening to the Azerbaijan entry "Drip Drop" by Safura. Great song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54qYAw9qtRc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54qYAw9qtRc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object> Edited May 30, 2010 at 10:59 PM by Shaun Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Davey84 Posted May 31, 2010 at 08:10 AM Author Posted May 31, 2010 at 08:10 AM Anders Bagge who wrote the song, also wrote (and produced?) Have you ever been in love there were a lot of Céline links this year! like Anders Bagge and Robert Wells! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
J-Man Posted May 31, 2010 at 08:59 AM Posted May 31, 2010 at 08:59 AM Yeah, I was so excited to see Robert Wells, didn't know he was performing. I delighted in telling everyone about him and his composing "A Song For You" Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
wunderbarCéline Posted May 31, 2010 at 01:11 PM Posted May 31, 2010 at 01:11 PM I'm happy for you as a country to have won again, and I don't begrudge Germany the win (I loved Nicole in 82) I just found the song was unworthy compared to others. And I do feel that political voting had a partin it. Just don't want you thinking my comments earler were anti-German. It's the singer/song I didn't get. Enjoy your party. Well, it's all a matter of taste and opinion and it's ok if you don't like the song. It actually took me a while to get used to it but now I can't get it out of my head.Yes, Lena certainly isn't the best singer in the world and I'm not sure if it was the best song but she deserved to winbecause she got the most votes. But I admit that some other nations would also have deserved to win!However, I don't think it's fair to say that politics had something to do with it. It just doesn't make sense to me. I mean we only got 2 points from Greece!!! You know, I wasn't always happy with the votings and winner songs in the past years. It's so strange sometimes. I really thought that Lordi's "Hardrock Halleluja" was a terrible song and I actually didn't like last year's winner song "Fairytaile" from Norway either. But accepted it and I always felt happy for the contestants who had won, althoughI was very disappointed about the German results.And this year it was finally our turn. It was actually a big surprise because I had given up hope and didn't think that we would ever win this contest again. I was just soooo happy and then I came here and had to read all the negative comments....that changed my mood. But that's ok, I of course accept other opinions. No problem! Hey, forget about the contest! Céline is pregnant with twins and we are ALL happy about these wonderful news!! Quote http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3203/clinedionrl4.jpg
wunderbarCéline Posted May 31, 2010 at 01:16 PM Posted May 31, 2010 at 01:16 PM I actually feel sorry for Germany, first they have to pay 27.5 billion to the Greeks to keep the EU from falling apart... then they are paying 123 billion for another EU funds...and now they have to millions to pay for the Eurovision 2011! Oh, I don't even want to think about the money thing. But you can make a donation if you like Quote http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3203/clinedionrl4.jpg
Charlie92 Posted May 31, 2010 at 02:32 PM Posted May 31, 2010 at 02:32 PM Next year i hope all th contestants to sing in their own language.Like Greece,Israel,Serbia etc did it.Eurovision is an ethnic 'product' it should be like that Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.