Jump to content

Eurovision Song Contest 2010


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
Oh no! Have you see who's about to represent us

 

 

No, give us a youtube of it if you can. It can't be that bad.

 

(We had Dustin the Turkey two years ago, can it be worse than that?!)

Unless it's Mariah Carey.......

Edited by J-Man
http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png

Posted
Oh no! Have you see who's about to represent us

 

 

No, give us a youtube of it if you can. It can't be that bad.

 

(We had Dustin the Turkey two years ago, can it be worse than that?!)

Unless it's Mariah Carey.......

worse than... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZLFCaoyZ88 Lordi :doh:

or worse than

Teräsbetoni :doh: :doh:

and this years represent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdZLp0GxrBs :doh: :doh: :doh:

Posted (edited)

Well on the plus side, it's much more Eurovision than the other two entries.

And is there anything hotter than a woman playing the accordian! :w00t:

(Probably yes as it goes)

But it's not exactly a classic. Not horrendous, but pretty unmemorable, a nice song to stick the kettle on to. There's always next year. That's what I've been saying for 12 years now.

 

But I am really hopeull that with the new decade we can put the noughties behind us and re-claim our position as the undisputed champions of Eurovision. Niamh Kavanagh is singing an entry in the eursong and is probably a real contender. She has a great voice, sang in the Commitments movie and was also of course one of our back to back winners with In Your Eyes in 1993.

Will let you know how the Irish song contest went next weekend.

Edited by J-Man
http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png

Posted

Here is the Icelandic song for Eurovision.

 

Her name is Hera, I love her. She's so funny and a good singer.

 

I like the song, it's typical Eurovision song, nothing special. I just hope we get into the main evening

 

 

Iceland- Hera- Je ne sais quoi

Posted
Oh no! Have you see who's about to represent us

 

 

No, give us a youtube of it if you can. It can't be that bad.

 

(We had Dustin the Turkey two years ago, can it be worse than that?!)

Unless it's Céline Dion...........

My sentiments exact.

Posted
How dare you misquote me in such a way. Be gone you heathen!
http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png

Posted (edited)

The Irish eurosong contest took place last night.

The winner was: Niamh Kavanagh "It's For You"

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOEYJpT1LCo

 

As I said before, Niamh previously won the Eurovision singing "In Your Eyes" during our 4 out of 5 wins of the 90's.

92 #1

93 #1

94 #1

95 #2

96 #1

 

Here's a reminder of that song, from 1993:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-3kz78Vdg

 

Glad to say "It's For You" is a good song, which may have a strong chance, is not going to embarrass us and at the very least we should definatley get to the final this year!

Edited by J-Man
http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png

Posted

the intro reminded me of ABM! :lmao:

 

it's a nice song! It's very Disney! I think you have a good chance with that song! :yes:


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

Yeah, I thought that about the start!

So it goes All By Myself and then has a bit of My Heart Will Go On about it. Your right, there is a bit of a Disney feel to it.

 

Sorry made a mistake with the 1990's scoring for Ireland. It should of course be in total:

90 #2

91 #10

92 #1

93 #1

94 #1

95 #14

96 #1

97 #2

98 #9

99 #17

 

We don't mention the noughties......

http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png

Posted
I think the man who is reperesenting our country Norway isn't that great, I don't like him :wacko:
Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
Posted

Tonight is the decision in Portugal. This one is my Fav

 

 

 

 

but i think this one will win

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

The worst song and singer won the contest for PORTUGAL

 

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted
^omd, :laugh: I'm so sorry for you... :P
Posted
I'm so gonna watch coz it all sounds so craptastic yet better than Céline Dion!
Posted (edited)

belgium has its best song in yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars! :giggle: though it's a bit of a James Blunt ripoff...

 

and DAMN portugal!!! what a bad Mariah Carey wannabe!!!! even Mariah sings better! :doh: :wacko: :lmao:

Edited by Davey84


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
Mariah always sings better, Dejvej.
Posted (edited)

The UK entry "That Sounds Good To Me" is written by Stock/Waterman (no Aitken) it is probably one of their worst songs (and they wrote "I'd Rather Jack" by the Reynolds Girls) Unfortunatley, based on this clip, the singer Josh Dubovie, though he can sing, has a tendancy to go off key and on the big night it could be really bad.

 

SAW have done great 80's pop but this is not good. Sorry, I would always be happy for England to win after Ireland, but can't see it happen this year.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp5FNLQlCqo

 

So, does that sound good to you?

Edited by J-Man
http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png

Posted
the song aint that bad.... but his voice is nothing special... he can't really deliver the song imo! Royaume-Uni... deux points for trying


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
belgium has its best song in yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars! :giggle: though it's a bit of a James Blunt ripoff...

 

and DAMN portugal!!! what a bad Mariah Carey wannabe!!!! even Mariah sings better! :doh: :wacko: :lmao:

 

 

Most of the People are very disappointing about the decision, once again will won't be at the finals :whistling:

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted
I just hope Finland beats Sweden :laugh:
Posted (edited)
The UK entry "That Sounds Good To Me" is written by Stock/Waterman (no Aitken) it is probably one of their worst songs (and they wrote "I'd Rather Jack" by the Reynolds Girls) Unfortunatley, based on this clip, the singer Josh Dubovie, though he can sing, has a tendancy to go off key and on the big night it could be really bad.

 

SAW have done great 80's pop but this is not good. Sorry, I would always be happy for England to win after Ireland, but can't see it happen this year.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp5FNLQlCqo

 

So, does that sound good to you?

 

I know his cousin, we study together, is that cool or what :P but I admit the performance, especially the girls in the background, were a bit ridiculous!

Edited by vroni

My Taking Chances Tour

22 June München

08 July Genève

10 February Quebec City

12, 14, 15 February Montréal

 

15, 16 March 2011 LAS VEGAS

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I've just found that one of Celine Dion's songwriters -Christian Leuzzi wrote Georgian Eurovision song 'Shine'! She reminds me of Celine Dion's early days!!! Check this video out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3nxhVyB5OM

 

 

and here's the official links about sofia

 

www.worldofsofia.com

www.twitter.com/sofianizharadze

www.facebook.com/nizharadzesofia

www.myspace.com/sofianizharadze

Posted
^Definetly a song that could win :yes:
Posted

 

Oh my god!! I only listened to the song today and I was like what the...... :blink: THAT is our representative this year!!? :laugh: Hmm, probably a good thing they are singing in Finnish though cause the lyrics sounded so dumb that it's better most people won't understand them! :laugh:

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o419/reamary/1338b390-8604-432c-8a00-e8e1052a92ba.jpg

HELSINKI 9.6.2008 - PARIS 26.11.2013 - PARIS 28.6.2016 - STOCKHOLM 17.6.2017 !

Posted
The Irish eurosong contest took place last night.

The winner was: Niamh Kavanagh "It's For You"

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOEYJpT1LCo

 

As I said before, Niamh previously won the Eurovision singing "In Your Eyes" during our 4 out of 5 wins of the 90's.

92 #1

93 #1

94 #1

95 #2

96 #1

 

Here's a reminder of that song, from 1993:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-3kz78Vdg

 

Glad to say "It's For You" is a good song, which may have a strong chance, is not going to embarrass us and at the very least we should definatley get to the final this year!

 

 

I was delighted with Niamh going through with that song! It's definately our best shot at it in years I think. Great song, depends on the trend this year I guess! Here's hoping! :-D

Adele!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...