homerton Posted May 21, 2020 at 05:25 PM Posted May 21, 2020 at 05:25 PM God bless America. Tribute to hero’s. That was incredible. 3 Quote
pat200 Posted May 21, 2020 at 09:12 PM Posted May 21, 2020 at 09:12 PM God bless America. Tribute to hero's. That was incredible. this was iconic. asking a canadian megastar to sing it when they could have asked barbra, whitney, aretha or mariah 2 Quote
smw Posted May 21, 2020 at 10:33 PM Posted May 21, 2020 at 10:33 PM I’ve had quite a few friends — who don’t really know much about Celine or just don’t consider themselves fans — get converted by this performance: It’s always my go-to if someone claims they don’t like her. They love how fierce she is. They love that little sour squeak towards the beginning and then how that fires up Celine to DOMINATE the rest of the performance. 5 Quote
scielle Posted May 21, 2020 at 11:13 PM Posted May 21, 2020 at 11:13 PM I've had quite a few friends — who don't really know much about Celine or just don't consider themselves fans — get converted by this performance: https://youtu.be/X66V_hHo-yw It's always my go-to if someone claims they don't like her. They love how fierce she is. They love that little sour squeak towards the beginning and then how that fires up Celine to DOMINATE the rest of the performance. This was iconic. And the last time he showed up at the Junos, right? 2 Quote
Tyler1991 Posted May 21, 2020 at 11:41 PM Posted May 21, 2020 at 11:41 PM I'm genuinely curious as to why so many prefer lbdb at the Juno's over olympia, paris, or the felix awards...and even the 1992 tour performance for that matter (quality kinda sucks so i understand this one) I think the stature of the performance and the point of her career at that point was what made the performance more enjoyable. The vocal I'd rank this number 5 out of the 7 or 8 we have of this song. 1 Quote
pat200 Posted May 22, 2020 at 12:10 AM Posted May 22, 2020 at 12:10 AM she was good vocally that night but what made it over the top amazing is her attitude. she was on top of the world at those junos. i would rank the 1991 awards performance of lbdb as the best vocal she has ever given of that song. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 22, 2020 at 12:23 AM Posted May 22, 2020 at 12:23 AM Wait! How many times did she perform that night? I remember she sang “Let’s Talk About Love” was it the same night singing “Le Blues Du Businessman”? Quote
Tyler1991 Posted May 22, 2020 at 12:55 AM Posted May 22, 2020 at 12:55 AM Wait! How many times did she perform that night? I remember she sang “Let’s Talk About Love” was it the same night singing “Le Blues Du Businessman”? Yes 1 Quote
smw Posted May 22, 2020 at 08:56 PM Posted May 22, 2020 at 08:56 PM That was the era in which she was absolutely untouchable. She was the biggest singer / diva on the planet. And people knew she was planning to take a hiatus... so that made her even more sought after! QUEEN! Quote
PuraVida Posted May 23, 2020 at 07:31 AM Posted May 23, 2020 at 07:31 AM (edited) I'm genuinely curious as to why so many prefer lbdb at the Juno's over olympia, paris, or the felix awards...and even the 1992 tour performance for that matter (quality kinda sucks so i understand this one) I think the stature of the performance and the point of her career at that point was what made the performance more enjoyable. The vocal I'd rank this number 5 out of the 7 or 8 we have of this song. I go back and forth between 1995 and '99 as my favorite versions. I think in '99 her voice is slightly larger and clearer than in '91, and the audio quality we have from the Juno's doesn't hurt. She has more chest voice than in 95 but more mixed voice than 91. For me, it's very pleasing. Mostly, I love certain choices she made: at 2:19 and 4:04 when she "catches" her voice and runs downwards, her volume increasing at 4:28, and I think her transition at 3:10 is the best sounding out of all the versions. Edited May 23, 2020 at 07:36 AM by PuraVida 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 23, 2020 at 11:12 AM Posted May 23, 2020 at 11:12 AM (edited) For me, the ‘99 version makes it better because of her confidence. As someone mentioned it before, Yes! She looked fierce on that performance What i like about her performance in 1994-1995 of this song is she makes notes longer. Edited May 23, 2020 at 11:13 AM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 29, 2020 at 11:26 PM Posted May 29, 2020 at 11:26 PM No particular order. My Heart Will Go On - World Children's DayAll By Myself - Tonight ShowThe Power Of Love - Sonia BenezraLe Blues Du Businessman - Live A ParisCan't Help Falling In Love - The Colour Of My Love ConcertWhere Does My Heart Beat Now (with a capella big note) - Unison ConcertThink Twice - World Music Awards & Gala For PeaceCalling You - Unison ConcertCall The Man - Falling Into You Tour (Montreal)Imagine - Tonight ShowThe Last To Know - Tonight ShowNatural Woman - David Letterman or Brunei These are some of my favorites. I wish we had "Think Twice -- Gala for Peace" in HD Quote
Tyler1991 Posted May 30, 2020 at 12:54 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 12:54 AM I wish we had "Think Twice -- Gala for Peace" in HD My original post was 11 years ago but still 75% of what i believe. 1 Quote
smw Posted December 30, 2020 at 09:13 AM Posted December 30, 2020 at 09:13 AM https://youtu.be/p613Ezive9E Tell me what this performance does not have? Besides a 10 second note... Call the Man is such a gem. Deserves more credit! 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted December 30, 2020 at 09:27 AM Posted December 30, 2020 at 09:27 AM My original post was 11 years ago but still 75% of what i believe. What's the other 25 haha? Quote
PuraVida Posted December 30, 2020 at 09:29 AM Posted December 30, 2020 at 09:29 AM (edited) I think her most vocally impressive performances were her best ones of Man's World on her TCWT. The agility, the high belting, then the sustained ending notes. She also has a few little head notes and low notes in there. If her 20/05/08 performance was filmed in HD, professionally...which I guess they must have on tape somewhere....and uploaded to Youtube. Wow. Edited December 30, 2020 at 09:30 AM by PuraVida Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.