Ukrfan Posted May 29, 2020 at 05:06 PM Posted May 29, 2020 at 05:06 PM It's better than TCWT DVD I disagree. As for me, I can't listen to AND because of nasality but sometimes listen to TCWT DVD. However, what I truly like listening to are fan recording of early TCWT (Africa, Asia & Australia, and early Europe). Amazing vocals and no nasality at all. Too bad we have so few recordings of her in Korea, Japan, and China for 2008. 3 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 29, 2020 at 07:28 PM Posted May 29, 2020 at 07:28 PM (edited) I disagree. As for me, I can't listen to AND because of nasality but sometimes listen to TCWT DVD. However, what I truly like listening to are fan recording of early TCWT (Africa, Asia & Australia, and early Europe). Amazing vocals and no nasality at all. Too bad we have so few recordings of her in Korea, Japan, and China for 2008. Really? I think her singing is great in 2007 A New Day DVD. Fuller than on the A New Day CD 2004 which was really nasal. I might recommend this DVD to other people than the TCWT DVD, I cannot stand the nasal quality of her voice on that DVD. It really hurts my ears. I agree! Fancams are better than TCWT DVD. Too bad they messed that up. Edited May 29, 2020 at 07:42 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Ukrfan Posted May 29, 2020 at 09:33 PM Posted May 29, 2020 at 09:33 PM Really? I think her singing is great in 2007 A New Day DVD. Fuller than on the A New Day CD 2004 which was really nasal. I might recommend this DVD to other people than the TCWT DVD, I cannot stand the nasal quality of her voice on that DVD. It really hurts my ears. I agree! Fancams are better than TCWT DVD. Too bad they messed that up. Just like they did with LTAL tour. Celine's vocals were so good in Chicago and New York, but we got Paris where she was not at her best. I still don't understand why they didn't release an English version of the Let's Talk About Love World Tour (it was not SSD world tour). 1 Quote
idroveallnight Posted May 30, 2020 at 01:01 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 01:01 AM Since they have filmed every show in her life my dream is that they put out a DVD that contains the best vocal performance of all her top hits. Don't care what year they were, what show, where in the world....just let us hear that voice in all its glory. Man that would be amazing. Quote
Tyler1991 Posted May 30, 2020 at 02:32 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 02:32 AM Discussing which dvd is better is like discussing which pre-playoffs team should be in the superbowl... lmao. Sorry but besides USF all her DVDs suck and are poorly produced with missing songs. tcoml - let's go on tour and sing live but release a dvd for it where every song but three are lipped!! Let's also plan to release a french vhs that we instead vault away for years and never share. Then let's instead release a cd with an incomplete show. D'eux - not too many complaints but i do believe rdmh was cut. Luckily it was on the vhs at least (or vice versa) FIY - rdmh was cut AGAIN, but luckily aired during a tv special. They also filmed a horrible show where songs were cut and iacbtmn was already shortened. LTAL - releasing a french dvd for an english tour with half english songs, and 1/3rd lipsync is a joke. This release is the peak of her lipping on a dvd. I think the AND DVD had more live percentage. Oh let's not forget either tell him or immortality were cut from the release (maybe both. Can't remember). This was a time period they really should have taken advantage of her stardom before leaving by releasing both a french and English show. AND- Similar to LTAL, this should have been a two show deluxe release. Both 2003 and 2007 shows. She began dubbing lip tracks the following release, she could have debut that idea here instead and released both. Im not going to point out her lipstick not matching, or her makeup, overall the 2007 dvd is good but the blatant absence of 2003 show when it's ready to go is annoying. Tcwt - the copy and paste of songs from one show to another is a joke. I guess if this is what a dual release looks like im glad we didn't get one for ltal??? The vocals were not as good as if they had filmed earlier. I do give them props for dubbing the lip tracks. One cut song from boston and like 3 from montreal. USF - I actually give major props on this one for the simple fact that the live cd included 4 of the 6 or 7 songs performed in paris that weren't on the dvd. A rare attention to detail her team rarely displays. No cut songs. In conclusion, not to sound like i complain a lot but they've just continually provided a disappointing product for those of us that do pay attention, follow the tour, and know our s***. 3 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 30, 2020 at 04:21 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 04:21 AM FIY - rdmh was cut AGAIN, but luckily aired during a tv special. They also filmed a horrible show where songs were cut and iacbtmn was already shortened. Which FIY show are you talking about? Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Tyler1991 Posted May 30, 2020 at 05:23 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 05:23 AM (edited) Which FIY show are you talking about? Memphis. The only one professionally released. RDMH aired during the vh1 special but was cut from the vhs. As for the setlist, iacbtmn was already shortened. A real irk we didn't get the full version as done in 1996. FIY and WDMHBN were cut by this point in the tour, though both playback so not a huge loss. Only one road (also playback), natural woman and Think twice from the european leg would have been exciting, but i suppose call the man over think twice is okay. I hate hate hate the post editing done on the performance they recently put on youtube where they shorten the song. So horrible. The improved quality is nice though. Overall Memphis is overrated IMO. Edited May 30, 2020 at 05:36 AM by Tyler1991 Quote
TiagoFragoso05 Posted May 30, 2020 at 06:35 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 06:35 AM Which FIY show are you talking about? Memphis? Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk Quote Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg
TiagoFragoso05 Posted May 30, 2020 at 06:36 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 06:36 AM Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk 3 Quote Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:38 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:38 AM (edited) Watching the A New Day 2004 DVD Trailer.. Looks like they follow the “glowing” effect from Stade De France. Can’t believe they cut that Big iconic stage. It just looks so beautiful Edited May 30, 2020 at 10:40 AM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:47 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:47 AM Discussing which dvd is better is like discussing which pre-playoffs team should be in the superbowl... lmao. Sorry but besides USF all her DVDs suck and are poorly produced with missing songs. tcoml - let's go on tour and sing live but release a dvd for it where every song but three are lipped!! Let's also plan to release a french vhs that we instead vault away for years and never share. Then let's instead release a cd with an incomplete show. D'eux - not too many complaints but i do believe rdmh was cut. Luckily it was on the vhs at least (or vice versa) FIY - rdmh was cut AGAIN, but luckily aired during a tv special. They also filmed a horrible show where songs were cut and iacbtmn was already shortened. LTAL - releasing a french dvd for an english tour with half english songs, and 1/3rd lipsync is a joke. This release is the peak of her lipping on a dvd. I think the AND DVD had more live percentage. Oh let's not forget either tell him or immortality were cut from the release (maybe both. Can't remember). This was a time period they really should have taken advantage of her stardom before leaving by releasing both a french and English show. AND- Similar to LTAL, this should have been a two show deluxe release. Both 2003 and 2007 shows. She began dubbing lip tracks the following release, she could have debut that idea here instead and released both. Im not going to point out her lipstick not matching, or her makeup, overall the 2007 dvd is good but the blatant absence of 2003 show when it's ready to go is annoying. Tcwt - the copy and paste of songs from one show to another is a joke. I guess if this is what a dual release looks like im glad we didn't get one for ltal??? The vocals were not as good as if they had filmed earlier. I do give them props for dubbing the lip tracks. One cut song from boston and like 3 from montreal. USF - I actually give major props on this one for the simple fact that the live cd included 4 of the 6 or 7 songs performed in paris that weren't on the dvd. A rare attention to detail her team rarely displays. No cut songs. In conclusion, not to sound like i complain a lot but they've just continually provided a disappointing product for those of us that do pay attention, follow the tour, and know our s***. LTAL 1/3 lipsync? I always thought only 4 songs were lipped (TLYM, THLAL, TPOL and Bee Gees Medley). The only thing I don’t like about Au cœur du stade is the sound, it’s weird. Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:54 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:54 AM (edited) LTAL 1/3 lipsync? I always thought only 4 songs were lipped (TLYM, THLAL, TPOL and Bee Gees Medley). The only thing I don’t like about Au c½ur du stade is the sound, it’s weird. For LTAL Tour - How many songs from this setlist? DOLTPOLTHLALTell HimTLYMBee Gees Medley Edited May 30, 2020 at 10:55 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Céline RO Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:58 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:58 AM For LTAL Tour - How many songs from this setlist? DOLTPOLTHLALTell HimTLYMBee Gees Medley I was talking about the DVD. Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 30, 2020 at 11:05 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 11:05 AM I was talking about the DVD. Ahh i thought you were talking about the lipped songs from that tour. While the Stade De France DVD, I don’t know if the one who edited that dvd is drunk. Both video and sound sucks! Quote
comingback Posted May 30, 2020 at 11:21 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 11:21 AM (edited) Memphis. The only one professionally released. RDMH aired during the vh1 special but was cut from the vhs. As for the setlist, iacbtmn was already shortened. A real irk we didn't get the full version as done in 1996. FIY and WDMHBN were cut by this point in the tour, though both playback so not a huge loss. Only one road (also playback), natural woman and Think twice from the european leg would have been exciting, but i suppose call the man over think twice is okay. I hate hate hate the post editing done on the performance they recently put on youtube where they shorten the song. So horrible. The improved quality is nice though. Overall Memphis is overrated IMO. Live in Memphis is great, but yes a European concert, Live in London 1996, would have been better.There is only an audio version, right ? Edited May 30, 2020 at 11:23 AM by comingback 1 Quote
ryba Posted May 30, 2020 at 11:58 AM Posted May 30, 2020 at 11:58 AM Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalkthe light effect is horrible. Really unnatural. Also, the LCMM bit hurts my ears. It really stands out negatively next to TPOL and MHWGO. 2 Quote
Bruno Portugal Posted May 30, 2020 at 12:08 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 12:08 PM the light effect is horrible. Really unnatural. Also, the LCMM bit hurts my ears. It really stands out negatively next to TPOL and MHWGO. I don’t want to be rude but...I’m glad that this blond dvd was never released. The 2007 one is beautiful. I don’t understand why are we talking about this when the “Celine... Las in Las Vegas” was never released. I hope we’ll get it but not just the last year footage. The first years were incredible. 2 Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
Tyler1991 Posted May 30, 2020 at 01:18 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 01:18 PM LTAL 1/3 lipsync? I always thought only 4 songs were lipped (TLYM, THLAL, TPOL and Bee Gees Medley). The only thing I don’t like about Au c½ur du stade is the sound, it’s weird. Yeah i got a little ahead of myself on that one. One playback was not on that setlist (DOL).. Another was cut from the dvd (tell him)? And tpol was added in in 1999 in place of live abm. Even with less songs lipped overall, the concert is shorter too so the percentage can't be that much less than A new day. Quote
Tyler1991 Posted May 30, 2020 at 01:19 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 01:19 PM Live in Memphis is great, but yes a European concert, Live in London 1996, would have been better.There is only an audio version, right ? Yep only the audio which is better than nothing Quote
Del Posted May 30, 2020 at 03:01 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 03:01 PM Yeah i got a little ahead of myself on that one. One playback was not on that setlist (DOL).. Another was cut from the dvd (tell him)? And tpol was added in in 1999 in place of live abm. She also swapped ABM for TPOL at the end of 1998. When she did her show here in Halifax on December 5th we had The Power of Love but no ABM or TLYM. Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Céline RO Posted May 30, 2020 at 03:49 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 03:49 PM (edited) 1590840532[/url]' post='2384845']I don't want to be rude but...I'm glad that this blond dvd was never released. The 2007 one is beautiful.I don't understand why are we talking about this when the "Celine... Las in Las Vegas" was never released. I hope we'll get it but not just the last year footage. The first years were incredible. I agree that the 2007 one is much better, in every way. The only thing I would really want from that 2004 DVD is the behind the scenes/Céline’s life part. Those are always interesting. As for the ‘Céline’ DVD, I hope they release something but, in my opinion, the first years were the worst. Full of covers and lipsync. The only good thing about the first years is her voice. I’d rather get 2018-2019. It wasn’t an incredible show but at least we got a few gems like “Unison” and the beautiful CHFIL, as well as TTWII. I also quite liked the Prince medley. However, my favorite version is 2015. Everything about that version of the show was awesome: the songs, her outfits and her voice. That is the one I think they should release. Edited May 30, 2020 at 03:49 PM by Céline RO Quote The best is yet to come...
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 30, 2020 at 03:53 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 03:53 PM Memphis. The only one professionally released. RDMH aired during the vh1 special but was cut from the vhs. As for the setlist, iacbtmn was already shortened. A real irk we didn't get the full version as done in 1996. FIY and WDMHBN were cut by this point in the tour, though both playback so not a huge loss. Only one road (also playback), natural woman and Think twice from the european leg would have been exciting, but i suppose call the man over think twice is okay. I hate hate hate the post editing done on the performance they recently put on youtube where they shorten the song. So horrible. The improved quality is nice though. Overall Memphis is overrated IMO. Memphis is far from my favorite. Partially because they give Scary Bradford WAY too much screen time. The VH1 special and the Brunei concerts are among my favorites though. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Céline RO Posted May 30, 2020 at 04:00 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 04:00 PM Memphis is far from my favorite. Partially because they give Scary Bradford WAY too much screen time. The VH1 special and the Brunei concerts are among my favorites though. Scary Bradford Quote The best is yet to come...
ryba Posted May 30, 2020 at 05:11 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 05:11 PM https://youtu.be/bktSLshzwIg Enviado do meu iPhone usando TapatalkI remember when this trailer was on her official website in 2003 or 2004 and I used to watch it a million times Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 30, 2020 at 05:14 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 05:14 PM Scary Bradford My God, he was horrifying. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
TiagoFragoso05 Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:07 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:07 PM Yeah i got a little ahead of myself on that one. One playback was not on that setlist (DOL).. Another was cut from the dvd (tell him)? And tpol was added in in 1999 in place of live abm. Even with less songs lipped overall, the concert is shorter too so the percentage can't be that much less than A new day. To release “the millennium concert” could be a way of “releasing “ the tour in both languages and less lipped. If im not mistaken only “live for the one i love” was lipped, I think “the power of love” was supposed to be on the show, coz its on the credits, but they have decided to remove, maybe coz of the problems we all know they had, and it was a live show... it can happen. I know she was not at her best, compared to maybe boston or other cities, but its a concert that it seems they still have in hd and idk, i love it lol Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk Quote Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg
TiagoFragoso05 Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:09 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:09 PM the light effect is horrible. Really unnatural. Also, the LCMM bit hurts my ears. It really stands out negatively next to TPOL and MHWGO.Her voice got so Strage when she went to Vegas right? ...I hope now that she’s taking a break, it can help her with the voice as well. She was working non stop Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk 1 Quote Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg
Tyler1991 Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:24 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 10:24 PM To release “the millennium concert” could be a way of “releasing “ the tour in both languages and less lipped. If im not mistaken only “live for the one i love” was lipped, I think “the power of love” was supposed to be on the show, coz its on the credits, but they have decided to remove, maybe coz of the problems we all know they had, and it was a live show... it can happen. I know she was not at her best, compared to maybe boston or other cities, but its a concert that it seems they still have in hd and idk, i love it lol Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk The 10 seconds of regarde moi looks like a totally different concert. The visuals in hd make such a difference. I enjoy the setlist a lot too. 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 30, 2020 at 11:27 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 11:27 PM The 10 seconds of regarde moi looks like a totally different concert. The visuals in hd make such a difference. I enjoy the setlist a lot too. It was an amazing amazing night with a fantastic set list. I got my “Celine locks eyes with you and sings” moment during SSDA. I will never forget it. Quote
Tyler1991 Posted May 30, 2020 at 11:33 PM Posted May 30, 2020 at 11:33 PM (edited) It was an amazing amazing night with a fantastic set list. I got my “Celine locks eyes with you and sings” moment during SSDA. I will never forget it. I had that moment during IYAMT in miami. Totally lost my s*** lol. Also I believe it is also the last ever live performance of "When i fall in love" too. Edited May 30, 2020 at 11:34 PM by Tyler1991 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.