Taking Chances Posted March 31, 2019 at 02:33 PM Posted March 31, 2019 at 02:33 PM Really? I didn't think it was widely known at the time she recorded IYA. There was that one magazine that wrote about the Aaliyah marriage but both she and her family denied it (and it only came out much later that the documents were forged), so that was the end of that. For a while. Thought the other allegations came out some time later.No? Am I remembering incorrectly? It wasn't wildly known in 1998. The first serious allegations came in 2002 I believe. However, R. Kelly married Aaliyah in 1994 when she was 15, and that says it all. Quote
Tyler1991 Posted April 3, 2019 at 12:32 PM Posted April 3, 2019 at 12:32 PM https://www.facebook.com/49940376408/posts/10156290121541409/ Gays to be stoned to death, medieval style exexutions in brunei for gays...wow Quote
scielle Posted April 3, 2019 at 12:33 PM Posted April 3, 2019 at 12:33 PM https://www.facebook...56290121541409/ Gays to be stoned to death, medieval style exexutions in brunei for gays...wow Yeah... unreal.Pretty sure soon it won't be just George Clooney and Elton boycotting... Quote
Dion2000 Posted April 3, 2019 at 12:41 PM Posted April 3, 2019 at 12:41 PM This is what happens when religion is allowed to become a governing factor. People should be allowed to express and practice their religion but when it begins to become law especially outdated examples such as this: it needs to stop 2 Quote
Tyler1991 Posted April 3, 2019 at 12:50 PM Posted April 3, 2019 at 12:50 PM I'm all for the amputation for theft though lmao. Quote
Dion2000 Posted April 3, 2019 at 01:03 PM Posted April 3, 2019 at 01:03 PM I'm all for the amputation for theft though lmao. Cut off their hands for stealing a bag of chips is my kind of punishment Quote
Tyler1991 Posted April 3, 2019 at 01:17 PM Posted April 3, 2019 at 01:17 PM Cut off their hands for stealing a bag of chips is my kind of punishment Sew their mouth shut? LOL 1 Quote
Matias Posted April 4, 2019 at 07:29 PM Posted April 4, 2019 at 07:29 PM Was the same Sultan back in 1997? Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
wjd Posted April 4, 2019 at 07:58 PM Posted April 4, 2019 at 07:58 PM Was the same Sultan back in 1997? Yes - Hassanal Bolkiah. Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Bruno Portugal Posted August 28, 2020 at 05:41 PM Posted August 28, 2020 at 05:41 PM Another great Celine Dion show that should be released...Anyone knows how much Celine earned with this concert? Rumor has it that Whitney Houston received 8 million dollars for a show in Brunei the year before (1996). 1 Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
Céline RO Posted August 28, 2020 at 08:56 PM Posted August 28, 2020 at 08:56 PM Another great Celine Dion show that should be released...Anyone knows how much Celine earned with this concert?Rumor has it that Whitney Houston received 8 million dollars for a show in Brunei the year before (1996). Then Céline and René probably received even more. I remember seeing a figure years ago but I don’t remember what it was. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted August 28, 2020 at 08:58 PM Posted August 28, 2020 at 08:58 PM I'm all for the amputation for theft though lmao. I’m sure Céline isn’t though. Remember back in 2005 when she was encouraging authorities to let people steal? Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 29, 2020 at 10:32 AM Posted August 29, 2020 at 10:32 AM I’m sure Céline isn’t though. Remember back in 2005 when she was encouraging authorities to let people steal? i think she meant that during the disaster when people that time needed help and rescue Quote
Céline RO Posted August 29, 2020 at 04:47 PM Posted August 29, 2020 at 04:47 PM i think she meant that during the disaster when people that time needed help and rescue I know that, of course. Still doesn’t make it legal. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
PuraVida Posted November 21, 2020 at 06:46 AM Posted November 21, 2020 at 06:46 AM (edited) Declaration of Love, Call the Man, Twist & Shout, and TLYM were all songs Celine performed at "Live in Memphis" but not here in Brunei. In Brunei she did exclusive renditions of Falling Into You and Natural Woman. Memphis was 18 songs, and Brunei was 17 if I'm correct. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghWmwKL3Z3U&t=774s Edited November 21, 2020 at 06:49 AM by PuraVida 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted November 21, 2020 at 01:41 PM Posted November 21, 2020 at 01:41 PM Declaration of Love, Call the Man, Twist & Shout, and TLYM were all songs Celine performed at "Live in Memphis" but not here in Brunei. In Brunei she did exclusive renditions of Falling Into You and Natural Woman. Memphis was 18 songs, and Brunei was 17 if I'm correct. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghWmwKL3Z3U&t=774s She wasn’t allowed to lip any songs at this concert. That’s why the above song weren’t performed. It’s so awesome to hear a live Power of Love in Brunei! And we get the rare When I Fall In Love too. Quote
PuraVida Posted November 21, 2020 at 02:41 PM Posted November 21, 2020 at 02:41 PM She wasn't allowed to lip any songs at this concert. That's why the above song weren't performed. It's so awesome to hear a live Power of Love in Brunei! And we get the rare When I Fall In Love too. But Call The Man wasn't lipped in Memphis. And Twist and Shout was never lipped. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted November 21, 2020 at 04:07 PM Posted November 21, 2020 at 04:07 PM But Call The Man wasn't lipped in Memphis. And Twist and Shout was never lipped. Twist and Shout was most definitely lipped. You're right about Call The Man though - that was cut anyway by the time the Brunei concert happened, I think? Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted November 21, 2020 at 05:08 PM Posted November 21, 2020 at 05:08 PM (edited) Twist and Shout was most definitely lipped. You're right about Call The Man though - that was cut anyway by the time the Brunei concert happened, I think? Are there any fancams/bootlegs of the "Twist and Shout" to compare if it's really lipped? Edited November 21, 2020 at 05:09 PM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted November 22, 2020 at 06:13 AM Posted November 22, 2020 at 06:13 AM (edited) 1605974838[/url]' post='2394257']Twist and Shout was most definitely lipped. You're right about Call The Man though - that was cut anyway by the time the Brunei concert happened, I think? I was sure “Twist and Shout” was lipped! I’m glad someone else agrees. About “Call the Man”, it was performed as early as summer 1996 but also in Memphis in March 1997 and Berlin in June 1997 (Brunei was Feb 1997). Maybe it was omitted because of its religious connotations? Edited November 22, 2020 at 06:16 AM by Céline RO 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted November 22, 2020 at 06:16 AM Posted November 22, 2020 at 06:16 AM Are there any fancams/bootlegs of the "Twist and Shout" to compare if it's really lipped? No 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
smw Posted November 22, 2020 at 08:39 PM Posted November 22, 2020 at 08:39 PM Declaration of Love, Call the Man, Twist & Shout, and TLYM were all songs Celine performed at "Live in Memphis" but not here in Brunei. In Brunei she did exclusive renditions of Falling Into You and Natural Woman. Memphis was 18 songs, and Brunei was 17 if I'm correct. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghWmwKL3Z3U&t=774s Very thankful a recording of this exists. So good! 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted November 23, 2020 at 05:13 AM Posted November 23, 2020 at 05:13 AM I was sure “Twist and Shout” was lipped! I’m glad someone else agrees. About “Call the Man”, it was performed as early as summer 1996 but also in Memphis in March 1997 and Berlin in June 1997 (Brunei was Feb 1997). Maybe it was omitted because of its religious connotations? Why would it be lipped? Is it possible she recorded it for the Beatles tribute album (the one where she did Hear, There, Everywhere) and it wasn’t used? So she just threw it into her concert? I realize maybe she didn’t do Call the Man in Brunei do the requirement of a choir. Quote
Céline RO Posted November 23, 2020 at 05:58 AM Posted November 23, 2020 at 05:58 AM Why would it be lipped? Is it possible she recorded it for the Beatles tribute album (the one where she did Hear, There, Everywhere) and it wasn't used? So she just threw it into her concert? I realize maybe she didn't do Call the Man in Brunei do the requirement of a choir. 1. Because Céline used to lip anything back then and this one in particular seems likely and looks a little bit dodgy.2. The choir could indeed be the reason. I hadn’t thought about that. Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted November 23, 2020 at 10:35 AM Posted November 23, 2020 at 10:35 AM Unless there’s no proof to compare with (bootlegs will do) it’s considered as Live. Based on the article 245 of this forum 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted November 23, 2020 at 11:49 AM Posted November 23, 2020 at 11:49 AM (edited) 1. Because Céline used to lip anything back then and this one in particular seems likely and looks a little bit dodgy.2. The choir could indeed be the reason. I hadn’t thought about that. There's no need for her to lip such an easy song that was never on an album of hers. She has done lipped versions of other songs, like The Show Must Go On or Greatest Love of All.....but those were either for special events or songs that have had a place in her career. TSMGO was on her world tour and in Vegas. Edited November 23, 2020 at 11:50 AM by PuraVida 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted November 23, 2020 at 12:41 PM Posted November 23, 2020 at 12:41 PM (edited) 1606127721[/url]' post='2394419']Unless there’s no proof to compare with (bootlegs will do) it’s considered as Live. Based on the article 245 of this forum I guess I’ll have to agree. That also means then that when she sang IDAN on 8 June 2018 it should also be considered live (even though it clearly isn’t) as there’s no performance to compare Edited November 23, 2020 at 12:42 PM by Céline RO Quote The best is yet to come...
couldawouldashoulda Posted November 23, 2020 at 02:24 PM Posted November 23, 2020 at 02:24 PM There's no need for her to lip such an easy song that was never on an album of hers. She has done lipped versions of other songs, like The Show Must Go On or Greatest Love of All.....but those were either for special events or songs that have had a place in her career. TSMGO was on her world tour and in Vegas. She lipped Ben and Magic In The Mirror, Goldfinger, The Show Must Go - she’s known for lipping covers. This is another “I lived through this period as a Celine fan.” Twist and Shout was most definitely lipped. Believe it or don’t - the choice is yours. Doesn’t change the fact that she lipped it on tour. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted November 23, 2020 at 03:49 PM Posted November 23, 2020 at 03:49 PM I guess I’ll have to agree. That also means then that when she sang IDAN on 8 June 2018 it should also be considered live (even though it clearly isn’t) as there’s no performance to compare i guess so. We need to follow the rules lol Quote
celine4evauk Posted February 15, 2022 at 02:52 PM Author Posted February 15, 2022 at 02:52 PM Hi everyone. Can people please stop messaging me on here or social media asking for an original copy of the concert? I've already donated it here. Surely having the forum logo on screen etc isn't a hardship? If ever I sell the original (which is vhs remember) it will be listed on ebay.Thank you 😀 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.