danger Posted July 9, 2008 at 05:41 PM Posted July 9, 2008 at 05:41 PM can't wait to see the pix Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted July 9, 2008 at 06:12 PM Posted July 9, 2008 at 06:12 PM It's going on right now! I hope everybody is having a blast! - Joe Quote
Teodora Posted July 9, 2008 at 08:14 PM Posted July 9, 2008 at 08:14 PM Here's an article about the show: Le bon conte de Céline I'm posting it mostly because there's a photo there, dated by them from 1996, which I have never seen before. I have never seen anything from that photoshoot and she loooks worthy! Quote
Teodora Posted July 9, 2008 at 08:37 PM Posted July 9, 2008 at 08:37 PM First pics from Belga Pictures. Quote
Thomas Posted July 9, 2008 at 09:04 PM Posted July 9, 2008 at 09:04 PM HQ pics: http://img179.imagevenue.com/loc511/th_37235_198201_2_122_511lo.jpg http://img163.imagevenue.com/loc751/th_37243_198601_2_122_751lo.jpg http://img46.imagevenue.com/loc594/th_37254_199001_2_122_594lo.jpg Quote
Davey84 Posted July 9, 2008 at 09:08 PM Posted July 9, 2008 at 09:08 PM (edited) Here's an article about the show: Le bon conte de Céline I'm posting it mostly because there's a photo there, dated by them from 1996, which I have never seen before. I have never seen anything from that photoshoot and she loooks worthy! THANKS!! I've never seen that pic before either!! it's dated 1996, but either it's early 1996, or more likely 1995! I wonder if she sang Alone/Et s'il n'en restait qu'une/the prayer tonight! thnx for the HQ thomas!! i think after the 'hairy legs' affair, céline is now shaving them Edited July 9, 2008 at 09:12 PM by Davey84 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Kiara_mi Posted July 9, 2008 at 09:10 PM Posted July 9, 2008 at 09:10 PM HQ pics: http://img179.imagevenue.com/loc511/th_37235_198201_2_122_511lo.jpg http://img163.imagevenue.com/loc751/th_37243_198601_2_122_751lo.jpg http://img46.imagevenue.com/loc594/th_37254_199001_2_122_594lo.jpg Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! Quote http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3558/firmaceline1an4.jpg
artistman2007 Posted July 9, 2008 at 09:18 PM Posted July 9, 2008 at 09:18 PM oh my that gold dress so sexy i loved her sexy attitude in this 1996 time Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted July 9, 2008 at 09:43 PM Posted July 9, 2008 at 09:43 PM Anybody have any word yet as to what the setlist was tonight? I know the concert just got over, but I'm dying to know! I doubt she took this Swiss concert date as an opportunity to acknowledge "Ne partez pas sans moi." It would be nice if she did, though. - Joe Quote
celinesounds Posted July 9, 2008 at 11:53 PM Posted July 9, 2008 at 11:53 PM Here's an article about the show: Le bon conte de Céline I'm posting it mostly because there's a photo there, dated by them from 1996, which I have never seen before. I have never seen anything from that photoshoot and she loooks worthy! the pic is so cool and new http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/5710/115890351resizecrop320pac9.jpghttp://img67.imageshack.us/img67/5710/115890351resizecrop320pac9.af759ff09f.jpg Quote #FREEJAVITO
Chula Posted July 10, 2008 at 12:46 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 12:46 AM End stage again What were the setlists? Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted July 10, 2008 at 02:23 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 02:23 AM End stage again What were the setlists? :sigh: That should mean that "Fade Away" wasn't performed. I hope that "Can't Fight The Feelin'" was put in its place this time. - Joe Quote
JP Posted July 10, 2008 at 02:24 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 02:24 AM - I Drove All Night- J'Irai ou tu iras- Destin- Taking Chances- Eyes on me- Ziggy- Dans un autre monde- All By Myself- I'm alive- Je sais pas- My Love- S'il suffisait d'aimer- Alone- Medley Queen- Medley Soul- Love Can move mountains- River Deep Mountain High- My heart Will Go On- Pour que tu m'aimes encore So.. No The Power Of Love !! Incredible Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
CelineAndRene Posted July 10, 2008 at 02:34 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 02:34 AM Thanks! Quote "...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.
JP Posted July 10, 2008 at 02:39 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 02:39 AM Can someone confirm that this is the first show since 1993 that she don't sing TPOL? Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
SuperLove4Celine Posted July 10, 2008 at 02:53 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 02:53 AM (edited) I don't understand this tour's setlists thus far. Celine is practically acting like the album, D'elles, never existed, and after having performed only one song from 1 Fille & 4 Types once she scrapped it entirely without replacing it with a different track from the same album. I find it very hard to believe that no other tracks from 1F&4T could work well on the stage. "Ne bouge pas" could easily get the crowd going and "Je lui dirai" is a fun, upbeat number (not to mention is also noted in the tourbook). I believe the concerts were fun without a doubt, however, it's starting to look more and more like this whole thing was rushed and not very well thought out. Too many covers, not enough Celine originals, and practically if not totally ignoring songs that were hits ("Tout l'or des hommes" and "Je ne vous oublie pas"). Does this mean I'm going to log onto Stubhub or eBay and sell my San Jose tickets? Nope. It just means that I hope the US leg of the tour will be much more different with a few more tracks from A New Day Has Come and/or One Heart thrown in. - Joe Edited July 10, 2008 at 02:59 AM by JosephTNielsen Quote
Costa Santos Posted July 10, 2008 at 03:15 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 03:15 AM (edited) So.. No The Power Of Love !! Incredible Edited July 10, 2008 at 03:15 AM by Costa Santos Quote CELINE, I'M SO PROUD OF LOVING YOU. http://www.celinedion.com/global/images/worldtour/worldtour_sa_5.jpg I was there...: ... May, 20th - Paris, France...... May, 21st - Paris, France...... May, 24th - Paris, France...... May, 25th - Paris, France...... May, 27th - Paris, France...... May, 30th - Dublin, Ireland...... June, 02nd - Amsterdam, Holland...
scorp82 Posted July 10, 2008 at 03:35 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 03:35 AM Can someone confirm that this is the first show since 1993 that she don't sing TPOL? During the Let's Talk About Love Tour, there were certain dates in the U.S. in which The Power of Love was not performed. According to Wikipedia, when the U.S. leg of the tour started in early 1998, All by Myself was performed. Then, toward the end of 1998, ABM was dropped and Celine performed TPOL instead. Quote
Frozen_Phoenix Posted July 10, 2008 at 05:44 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 05:44 AM (edited) Well at least Alone was in it.Nevertheless for me it more and more looks like a few minutes before the show she decides like "Well, no, today I don't feel like..." It is very weird that she always performs the covers and somehow prefers to leave out one of her own songs.At least it looks like with Nice I got one of the better French concerts after Paris.Hopefully she doesn't think like "Whatever I sing they will come anyway."I still think that those people who pay so much money for a concert of hers can expect the same quality and quantity other venues get.Maybe she is just exhausted after Vegas and should have taken a year off and then done the tour. Edited July 10, 2008 at 05:46 AM by Frozen_Phoenix Quote Et la vie glisse sur l'eau du tempsLa vie resiste, prend son elanPour un baiser elle peut se poserLe temps qui compte est toujours compte http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/ARMOIT/celinechances-1.png
nano Posted July 10, 2008 at 05:50 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 05:50 AM (edited) So.. No The Power Of Love !! Incredible lol..they've read this topic: http://www.celinedionforum.com/Itand39s-hi...dae-t35358.html Thanks for the pics and info Edited July 10, 2008 at 05:50 AM by nano Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
one_heart_1_hart Posted July 10, 2008 at 06:24 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 06:24 AM It's starting to get like the a new day show, it's getting shorter and shorter Quote TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR8 mei O2 Londen, 13 14 16 mei sportpaleis Antwerpen, 24 mei Palais omnysport Bercy Parijs, 2 juni Arena Amsterdam, 7 juli Arras
Celineforeveranangel Posted July 10, 2008 at 06:34 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 06:34 AM hey Guys tell us all about the concert. Was it amazing? Thanks for the pix so far;-) Are there anymore? Quote http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/Celineforeveranangel/6673.jpgI love Celine!!!!!!!!!!
pol Posted July 10, 2008 at 07:03 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 07:03 AM It's starting to get like the a new day show, it's getting shorter and shorter Well I don't agree that it's getting shorter and shorter.Just take a look at the setlist, there are 20 tracks, and none of the interval videos and flamenco are not included. Maybe it's not the best/longest setlist but it's not so short either. The only thing I'm getting mad with Celine about this tour is the fact that she's acting like albums "1 fille & 4 types " and "D'elles" have never been recorded and released. She should definitely do something about it! Quote http://www.celinedion.com/celinedion/english/images/tourheader.gifhttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2794/25241103520d133287fabux1.jpg MY TOUR DATESJune 12th, 2008 - Berlin, GermanyJune 28th, 2008 - Cracow, Poland
anewdayhascome Posted July 10, 2008 at 08:55 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 08:55 AM pol videos were there for sure.... i think sometimes that you don't think.... the person posted just the songs! Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026
ChristaStojkovic Posted July 10, 2008 at 09:15 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 09:15 AM Thanks for the pics and the tracklist!Did she perform 'et s'il n'en restait qu'une'?That one isn't in the tracklist either. It's one of my favorite songs in the whole show.. Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted July 10, 2008 at 11:38 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 11:38 AM I guess we have to stop expecting as far as the setlist is concerned. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Shaun Posted July 10, 2008 at 11:52 AM Posted July 10, 2008 at 11:52 AM For those of you complaining about a lack of songs from certain albums dont forget that this tour is called the "Taking Chances World Tour" and on average Celine is performing 5/6 songs from this album at each concert. Whilst it would be nice to hear a song or two from "D'elles" remember this tour was specifically designed to showcase "Taking Chances." Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
scorp82 Posted July 10, 2008 at 01:47 PM Posted July 10, 2008 at 01:47 PM Has anybody thought that maybe Celine has different contractual agreements with different venues? As such, she may have shorter time limits in certain venues and in other occasions she may have the flexibility to perform additional material. For example, in South Africa, Japan, and Australia, among other tour stops, Celine performed many songs. Now we're seeing that in certain venues she has had to omit 1 or 2 songs. I don't think it's a matter of, "Well, today I don't feel like singing this or that..." but a matter of making chances to meet certain requirements. Then again, though I don't speak French, I would have expected the set list to include other songs in French. I'm sure Celine has her reasons for doing what she does. Just my two cents I suppose. Quote
scorp82 Posted July 10, 2008 at 01:50 PM Posted July 10, 2008 at 01:50 PM (edited) So.. No The Power Of Love !! Incredible lol..they've read this topic: http://www.celinedionforum.com/Itand39s-hi...dae-t35358.html Thanks for the pics and info Well, the day TPOL or other songs like IACBTMN or TLYM are eliminated from the set list, and that's if they ever do, the people who want classic material removed will probably also be the ones to complain and make a fuss as to why those songs are no longer part of the set list. You know how that goes. Edited July 10, 2008 at 01:51 PM by scorp82 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.