Marta1414 Posted December 31, 2007 at 05:03 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 05:03 PM (edited) I hate Eyes On Me... Edited December 31, 2007 at 05:03 PM by Marta1414 Quote
celine_dion_fan Posted December 31, 2007 at 05:33 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 05:33 PM I cant stand Shadow of love and New dawn. I mean her voice is great in the songs, but it's not my taste. I love everything else expecially suprise suprise and Right next to the right one !!! Quote
carlottazenere Posted December 31, 2007 at 05:40 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 05:40 PM alone..it's not so bad but it's the only one song that doesn't grow on me..I don't know why.. Quote Je m'inventerai reine pour que tu me retiennesJe me ferai nouvelle pour que le feu reprenneJe deviendrai ces autres qui te donnent du plaisirVos jeux seront les notres si tel est ton desirPlus brillante plus belle pour une autre étincelleJe me changerai en or pour que tu m' aimes encore http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/3121/celyfunnybx0.png
k2thed Posted December 31, 2007 at 05:46 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 05:46 PM At first I considered My Love as the only filler track on the album, but it's definitely grown on me now. The only track I still don't really like is Woman In Me. It just doesn't seem like it's Celine singing. It's like she just pressed a button and a new voice popped out....don't know, maybe in the future I'll appreciate it more. Rest of the songs - Quote
becomplete Posted December 31, 2007 at 05:58 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 05:58 PM For me it is "new dawn"! I hate this song and wonder why it hasn't been replaced by "Map to my Heart"? Please Celine, leave gospel music to Mariah or Whitney! Quote
peo Posted December 31, 2007 at 06:05 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 06:05 PM I've learned to like EOM and Skies of LA but I still routinely skip the ff. songs: 1. New Dawn - There's no question that Celine's a vocalist par excellence but if she wants to tackle the "black" sound, she has to learn to wrap her beltings around a more metallic voice. 2. Song For You - Too tedious for my taste. This song should have been ditched in favor of MTMH. The same for me. Quote http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Astrid_07/DSCF4582.jpg There ain't a dream that don't have the chance to come true now, it just takes a little faith baby... Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow you: http://twitter.com/RainbowishABE
hidden_ego Posted December 31, 2007 at 06:39 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 06:39 PM can't fight the feeling - i do not like too much..... Quote
Taking Chances Posted December 31, 2007 at 07:05 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 07:05 PM (edited) "Surprise Surprise ", "This Time" and "Can't Fight The Feelin'", I just don't like them very much. Edited December 31, 2007 at 07:07 PM by Taking Chances Quote
Andrei Dion Posted December 31, 2007 at 07:31 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 07:31 PM I can't stand Ritght to the next one and Skies of lA. I think these songs have nothing to do with the album. Quote AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
marckvls Posted December 31, 2007 at 08:58 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 08:58 PM I hate A Song For You! And I really don't want it to grow in me.. Yeah of course... better is DISCO-NARROW Shadow of Love... tss... A SONG FOR YOU IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SONG ON THE ALBUM!A lot of feelings are coming along the song.... I don't understand how not to love A Song For You? That's exatly it! I can't feel any emotion listening to this track. Listening to TCH, the album, I feel ready to sing along Celine, to express my emotions. Picture this: I am singin with Celine, all the album, hitting the notes. We are in A New Dawn. Oh, those high and low notes. Ok, then it stops and the piano begins.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Quote Love comes to those who believe it...
scorp82 Posted December 31, 2007 at 09:07 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 09:07 PM Well, the songs that have not quite grown on me include Skies of LA, My Love, Right Next to the Right One, and Eyes on Me... I am not saying that I do not like the songs, but for some reason, I am not keen on listening to them. Quote
fabtasticfoo Posted December 31, 2007 at 09:35 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 09:35 PM Like many others, it seems, New Dawn and A Song For You are my least favourite tracks on the album. They have grown on me ever so slightly, but not much. I just find ND to be *way* too much (too bombastic, never ending) and ASFY way too little (not much there, lyrically and musically). I imagine there's still some room for ASFY to grow on me a bit. I don't adore My Love, either, but it has grown on me since first hearing it. I love Right Next To The Right One. It's so sweet, simple and restrained. Same for Skies Of LA. When the critics praise Celine by saying that she has reeled herself in a little on this album, they're talking about those two tracks. Quote
asiii m Posted December 31, 2007 at 09:41 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 09:41 PM When I first listened the whole cd I couldn't stand half of the album. After listening many other times, I've learned to love them all, they are great my favs: taking chances, i got nothin' left, map to my heart, can't fight the feeling, that's just the woman in me, alone, surprise surprise, a world to believe in& my love I should have said from the beggining that I love the whole album, I'm sure at least some of you will end loving some of the songs they are not very keen about now Quote Some people have everything - they have nothing.May 21st, 2008 - Paris, Bercy & November 22nd, 2013 - Antwerpen, Sportpaleis
celinerific Posted December 31, 2007 at 11:05 PM Posted December 31, 2007 at 11:05 PM All the songs have grown on me. They're all so amazing. But the ones that have grown on me the most are as follows (no particular order). 1. Taking Chances2. Alone3. Eyes On Me4. Fade Away5. The Reason I Go On Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
iloveceline22 Posted January 1, 2008 at 12:08 AM Posted January 1, 2008 at 12:08 AM umm i love all the songs from this album but I think New Dawn should have been replaced with Map to My heart and i truly wished The Reason I go on was on the album..i love those two alot. But after all Celine sounded great in all of the songs...=] ~elizabeth~ Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
venezia7 Posted January 1, 2008 at 12:34 AM Posted January 1, 2008 at 12:34 AM I like all of the songs really however i didnt like skies of l.a. initially but now i love it and also a song for you, but still eom isnt one of my faves is sounds just a bit weird. Quote http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/goldengryffindor/Celinedionsig-1.jpg
Robbie Posted January 1, 2008 at 01:35 AM Posted January 1, 2008 at 01:35 AM I can't get into "That's Just the Woman in Me" at all. Also, "A Song for You". I wish they had put "Map to My Heart", and "The Reason I Go On" on all editions of the album. They're both great songs. Quote
corr_azy Posted January 1, 2008 at 02:57 AM Posted January 1, 2008 at 02:57 AM Definitely Skies Of LA. What was Celine thinking when she decided to record that song? It is my absolute least favourite Celine song to date, the previous being Refuse To Dance. I think Surprise Surprise and New Dawn are pretty good songs, I'm quite surprised to see that it's the least favourite among so many of her fans. Quote
OnlyCeline Posted January 1, 2008 at 03:08 AM Posted January 1, 2008 at 03:08 AM I cant stand Shadow of love and New dawn. I mean her voice is great in the songs, but it's not my taste. I love everything else expecially suprise suprise and Right next to the right one !!! Oh Surely you don't have a taste! You love everything Especially RIGHT NEXT TO THE RIGHT ONE!!? The most boring song in the album. And You Hate "A New Dawn" ... where are you from!? *lol* sorry, but I don't really agree with your opinion, but "A NEw Dawn" Is One of the most powerful song from "Taking Chances".... And "Right Next To The Right One" Is the most boring song from the album. the lyric is great, but the song bores me to death. Quote http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9860/ggxz9.jpg
Seduces_You Posted January 1, 2008 at 03:34 AM Posted January 1, 2008 at 03:34 AM My Favorite ones are ; Taking Chances,A world to Believe in,My Love,Alone,This Time AND; Especially "I Got Nothing Left".... <=== this one is just a song that reflects Celine in me!!! I am in love wiht that song!!! it is great and it would be great if she released it as a single!!! My Least Favorite ones are; Actually there is only one song that hasn't grown on me yet; That's just the Woman in me!!! Quote
Black Kitten Posted January 1, 2008 at 04:20 AM Posted January 1, 2008 at 04:20 AM I cant stand Shadow of love and New dawn. I mean her voice is great in the songs, but it's not my taste. I love everything else expecially suprise suprise and Right next to the right one !!! Oh Surely you don't have a taste! You love everything Especially RIGHT NEXT TO THE RIGHT ONE!!? The most boring song in the album. And You Hate "A New Dawn" ... where are you from!? *lol* sorry, but I don't really agree with your opinion, but "A NEw Dawn" Is One of the most powerful song from "Taking Chances".... And "Right Next To The Right One" Is the most boring song from the album. the lyric is great, but the song bores me to death. i agree with the 1st one. shadow of love is ok, but i hate new dawn. it sounds like it is the rejected lyrics of a new day has come. surpise surprise is a hands down, right next to the right one is one of the most exotic songs celine ever recorded. perfect! Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted January 1, 2008 at 02:01 PM Posted January 1, 2008 at 02:01 PM (edited) I dont like "A song for you" at all.....but "New Dawn" and "Thats jus t the woman in me" I tend to skip too... Edited January 1, 2008 at 02:02 PM by Kyle_Jared Quote
ce-line Posted January 1, 2008 at 02:31 PM Posted January 1, 2008 at 02:31 PM The song that I always skip is Skies of L.A. You're expecting something exciting to happen, but it doesn't happen.Usually I skip New dawn too. I just don't like the sound. From the beginning I really loved Eyes on me, and still do. The album is great, but something is missing... Where is The reason I go on? Quote http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/celinetime/Wall_1-sig2-cut_zpsc3440219.jpg"Now hounds of love are hunting..." http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/celinetime/Mirasig_zps9c49e4c3.jpg"I'm so tired of this guessing game..."
beautyroses Posted January 1, 2008 at 03:08 PM Posted January 1, 2008 at 03:08 PM (edited) i don't like "tha's just the woman in me" it is too much screamy. i don't like "new dawn" and "right next to the right one" too Edited January 1, 2008 at 03:11 PM by beautyroses Quote http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/Venus_1982/new1.jpgAngel of My World[/i]
Celine4alwyz Posted January 1, 2008 at 05:30 PM Posted January 1, 2008 at 05:30 PM I wasn't too sure about Skies of LA at first, but it has grown on me.I really don't like Song for You or Right Next to the Right One. I keep thinking that if I listen I listen to them enough that I will like them, but that hasn't happened yet. Quote http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/QT4alwyz/Celine%20Dion/signatures/LifetimeSig.jpg
cmcdaori Posted January 1, 2008 at 05:32 PM Posted January 1, 2008 at 05:32 PM Ohh i like all the songs..all of them...i don't know..the only one i dislike is a new dawn...nothing special to me...but my favorites are This Time,Eyes On Me,Can't Fight The Feelin',Fade Away and Surprise,Surprise..wonderful Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
disadiva Posted January 1, 2008 at 05:53 PM Posted January 1, 2008 at 05:53 PM THERE ARE FEW SONGS THAT I DON´T LIKE ON TAKING CHANCES THAT AREN´T GROWING INTO ME AND THEY ARE. ALONE.. I DUNNO WHY BUT THIS SONG COULD BE MUCH BETTER IF DAVID FOSTER HAD HIS HANDS ON IT. TAKING CHANCES... STILL SOMETHING MISSING THE SONG ISN´T GROWING ON ME. EYES ON ME.. TO SHAKIRA ISH FOR MY TASTE. A SONG FOR YOU.. TO SLOW AND BORING. RIGHT TO THE NEXT ONE... WHAT IS THIS NOT GOOD. I GOT NOTHING LEFT... ANNYOING VOICE...NOT SOMETHING CELINE IS GREAT AT. THE SONGS I LOVE ARE THE EDGY..IER SONGS CAN´T FIGHT THE FEELING,JUST THE WOMAN IN ME LOVE THEM....SHADOW OF LOVE,FADE AWAY,A WORLD TO BELIEVE IN AND THIS TIME..... Quote http://i46.tinypic.com/2nvtcpl.jpg
nature boy Posted January 1, 2008 at 05:57 PM Posted January 1, 2008 at 05:57 PM Right Next To The Right One and Skies of L.A. are the ones I always skip. RNTTRO is too folky and Skies has the worst lyrics ever! Quote http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3239/kylieima5lp9.jpg How do you describe a feeling??
Ariangelil Posted January 1, 2008 at 08:35 PM Posted January 1, 2008 at 08:35 PM I just can't stand listening to "Woman in me" and "A song for you". Don't ask me why, but I can't put up with these songs... My favorite ones are: "Surprise, Surprise", "My love", "This time". Quote http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9938/fotofh.jpg
Celinesongs Posted January 1, 2008 at 08:50 PM Posted January 1, 2008 at 08:50 PM The only song that I haven't warmed up to is "Alone". I think it's because I'm not a huge Heart fan. I listen to it sometimes, but not often. I love Skies of LA, A New Dawn, This Time. My favorite (at the moment ) is I Got Nothin' Left. I love the sound of her voice. Quote "...I offer what you cannot buy, devoted love, until we die" ~Je t'aime, Céline! http://www.celinerific.com/Gallery/CelineRene/CelineRene26.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.