Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
hey i found this article and review on the show last night:

 

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ent...dion__men_arena

Is Meatloaf named Meat Long in the UK? :huh: :giggle:

 

MHWGO Is incredible on this tour i prefer it to AND

:huh: Ain't it the exact same track?

 

But yea, it was quite effectful watching her in that beuatiful gown, candle and hearing teh audience sing along as extra backing vocals.

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.
Posted
Thank you so much all guys pic Celine new outfit so beautiful ! give us surprised :clap:
Posted

Fred, it is. LOL

 

I went last night i had front row seats he always wows me i worship her she is my idol in every sense of the word. I also had the amaizing privilageof meeting her at her hotel she was extremeley kind and warm hearted and took the time at midnight to speak to me and sign my programme. She is always top. I love her

delles, Liverpool

3/05/2008 at 19:05

I went to see Celine Dion nearly ten years ago in the Stade de France. I was yet again mesmerized by her and he ability to bring so much emotion to her songs. She sang brilliantly and her energy on stage was exilirating!

Estelle Morel, newcastle under Lyme

3/05/2008 at 18:48

Celine was amazing!! she had the whole audience in the palm of her hand and totally mesmorised. I never cease to be amazed on how she can control her vocal, truly gifted! The huge stage,lighting and screens were amazing. One of the best concerts I have ever attended, lets hope she returns again soon.

Salford Iain, Salford

3/05/2008 at 18:23

I was at Celine's concert last night and i still have butterflies. Whether you love or hate Celine, you have to hand it to her, she has an absolutely amazing voice. There were points last night where she actually had every single person in the arena in complete silence. The stage was amazing, the musicians were amazing, the dancers were amazing... The whole thing was such a phenomenal experience and i would absolutely love to go and see her again.

natasha duffy

3/05/2008 at 17:59

The only word that can describe the show put on by Celine Dion is stunning. Her vocals were perfect- no exaggeration. A particular (and unexpected) highlight was 'All By Myself'. The high note of this song cut through the air of the MEN arena with undescribable beauty. For a split second the audience was stunned to silence.

 

The thing that took the show to a new level was how down to earth Celine was: she walked through the crowd onto the stage, addressed the audience at length with anecdotes about her family and was incredibly friendly.

 

She is truly the best singer, performer and entertainer I have ever, ever known.

J-Mo, Sheffield

3/05/2008 at 14:34

Wow-what a diva Celine was last night! she had the audience around me in tears in some parts filled with emotion! amazing the audience was amazed by the power of celines voice it was timeless. I have seen many great and enjoyable concerts=cher,diana ross,kylie,lionel richie,rod stewart,michael bolton,elton john,westlife,robbie,tt, etc etc...but Celine knocked spots of them all with the power of her voice! it was a pleasure to experience this show

cityjo

3/05/2008 at 13:14

Brilliant concert. Saw Celine 9 years ago and she is still amazing. Great show for everyone. Big screens were fantastic - evreyone was able to see (even thoe of us up in the gods!) Don't leave it so long next time Celine!

Sara Worsley

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
René, bring back the red trousers and black gloves for eyes on me!

 

I have been watching the bootlegs and for me the white cape does not work at all... :confused: She seems to be struggling with it, the dancer seems to be having difficulties with it as well, it just is TOO BIG, TOO WHITE and it looks like she just took it from her hotelbed... :laugh: The black cape she first had was SO MUCH BETTER! Also for the dancer... Bring back the red pants and change clothes after Eyes on me, pleaaaaseeeeeeeeeee!

 

(can't believe I am saying this, because at first I did not really like the red pants to be honest with you)

 

Can someone confirm that the dancers still do their thingie before Eyes on me (where the guys lift the girls above their head), I loved that so much! :in_love:

 

I have to agree with you! :yes: It looks pretty awkward on her. The white bedsheets loses the exquisiteness that is present with the red trousers and black gloves. :wub:

highfive.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Posted
Hi there everyone.

 

I saw her last nite and it was amazing and I felt very emotional for the first half hour and cried my eyes out...

 

Anyway what I wanted to ask you all is WHAT DO YOU EXPECT when you go and see Celine???

 

A dancing and cheering crowd that is enjoying themselfes or rather people stay on their seats and want to watch it in piece and quiet?!

 

Well in my personal opinion is that if you want to see her in piece and quiet---STAY AT HOME AND WATCH HER ON DVD!!!!!

 

This was supposed to be the best night of my life as I have never seen her life before and it was my dream come true but as I sat in the lower tier on Block 107 in row u, the people around me seemed to be oap's.

I mean no offence there but I felt guilty for standing up and cheering her on and clapping my hands, even when I was singing to her songs (not as good as her obviously) I felt the looks of the other people in my block boring into my skin and back.

Thank god, I had this very nice guy next to me who couldnt care less either (i never asked your name but if u read this and u think its u then thanks a lot) and we just kept standing up and dancing to her songs.

 

Many, many times people shouted at me to sit back down but isnt that the reason you go and see a concert-to have a good time-or am I wrong?!?

 

Cos if then please tell me but to all the people who sat behind me and kept complaining-get a f****** life!

You totally spoiled what was supposed to be 'my' night!

 

And I was wondering What Celine would make out of all this, She seemed a bit bored last night cos even after she ASKED people to stand up-hardly anyone did.

 

Do you think thats what she wanted...a 'quiet' night out??

 

Well I don't think so somehow!!!!!

I agree completely. I was in Vegas in 2004 and people wouldn't stand up. Watch the telly instead!!! :nono:

Posted

i think im gonna die of scf-ness

 

if only mhwgo was live..the whole setup for it looks amazing. i DESPISE the new day version of mhwgo :(

 

 

and GRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRR at celine's old fanbase not liking ppl to stand up <_<

 

how was the audience in general?

Posted
René, bring back the red trousers and black gloves for eyes on me!

 

I have been watching the bootlegs and for me the white cape does not work at all... :confused: She seems to be struggling with it, the dancer seems to be having difficulties with it as well, it just is TOO BIG, TOO WHITE and it looks like she just took it from her hotelbed... :laugh: The black cape she first had was SO MUCH BETTER! Also for the dancer... Bring back the red pants and change clothes after Eyes on me, pleaaaaseeeeeeeeeee!

 

(can't believe I am saying this, because at first I did not really like the red pants to be honest with you)

 

Can someone confirm that the dancers still do their thingie before Eyes on me (where the guys lift the girls above their head), I loved that so much! :in_love:

 

I have to agree with you! :yes: It looks pretty awkward on her. The white bedsheets loses the exquisiteness that is present with the red trousers and black gloves. :wub:

 

maybe she has to wear a different colour... i like it very much... looks very dramatic on the moving stage, and with the fan blowing...

but yes it's too white white...lol...

maybe like the red one, red and black...

Posted
and can someone confirm if that is indeed the audience singfing along in mhwgo?!?! cos that ALWAYS gets me ;;;___+: <3
Posted
René, bring back the red trousers and black gloves for eyes on me!

 

I have been watching the bootlegs and for me the white cape does not work at all... :confused: She seems to be struggling with it, the dancer seems to be having difficulties with it as well, it just is TOO BIG, TOO WHITE and it looks like she just took it from her hotelbed... :laugh: The black cape she first had was SO MUCH BETTER! Also for the dancer... Bring back the red pants and change clothes after Eyes on me, pleaaaaseeeeeeeeeee!

 

(can't believe I am saying this, because at first I did not really like the red pants to be honest with you)

 

Can someone confirm that the dancers still do their thingie before Eyes on me (where the guys lift the girls above their head), I loved that so much! :in_love:

 

I have to agree with you! :yes: It looks pretty awkward on her. The white bedsheets loses the exquisiteness that is present with the red trousers and black gloves. :wub:

 

maybe she has to wear a different colour... i like it very much... looks very dramatic on the moving stage, and with the fan blowing...

but yes it's too white white...lol...

maybe like the red one, red and black...

 

I really really LOVE the white cape. I agree with you. It looks very powerful and dramatic. And I really like that it's white. There is something romantic about it somehow... :in_love: Please don't change it!

Posted
René, bring back the red trousers and black gloves for eyes on me!

 

I have been watching the bootlegs and for me the white cape does not work at all... :confused: She seems to be struggling with it, the dancer seems to be having difficulties with it as well, it just is TOO BIG, TOO WHITE and it looks like she just took it from her hotelbed... :laugh: The black cape she first had was SO MUCH BETTER! Also for the dancer... Bring back the red pants and change clothes after Eyes on me, pleaaaaseeeeeeeeeee!

 

(can't believe I am saying this, because at first I did not really like the red pants to be honest with you)

 

Can someone confirm that the dancers still do their thingie before Eyes on me (where the guys lift the girls above their head), I loved that so much! :in_love:

 

I have to agree with you! :yes: It looks pretty awkward on her. The white bedsheets loses the exquisiteness that is present with the red trousers and black gloves. :wub:

I actually thought it looked quite good and somewhat effectful in a mid-90ies-mediocre-show-number kind of way. It would however look better if the sheet was in glittery grey to blend in with her outfit more, right now it looks pretty akvard and stands out from her too much, she should had worn a white minidress under this "cape" instead...

 

The only thing which bothers me about this number is the poor matador dancer who gets more fabric than he seem to be able to handle. :P

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.
Posted
It def sounds like the audience is singing along to MHWGO. It gave me goosebumps.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpg

Goodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End,

They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]

If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!

~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~

--> Click For Free Mammograms <--

Posted (edited)
and can someone confirm if that is indeed the audience singfing along in mhwgo?!?! cos that ALWAYS gets me ;;;___+: <3

fred says it is and then it is. You can tell, her backing vocalists never sound that powerful and good, if they did Shadow Of Love and Eyes On Me would sound oh so much better. :shrug: :whistling:

 

/fred

Edited by fred
Peace and love to all.
Posted
i downloaded FA but the is no sound in some places

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026

Posted
The use of Vegas MHWGO tape is shameful. Look how raspy and out of tune her voice was at Wango Tango 2002 and YET she still managed to VOW the whole stadium of NON-fans. With almost no voice, but 5000000% feeling. A whole stadium sang with her. A whole damn stadium and she was raspines inc but she pulled it through so amazingly. So so so amazingly.
http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted

WOO! I'm so happy "Fade Away" is back in! It's a well-deserved song!

 

Does anybody know if the show is over now in Manchester?

 

- Joe

Posted
Another 20 mins or so left till the end :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpg

Goodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End,

They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]

If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!

~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~

--> Click For Free Mammograms <--

Posted (edited)
The use of Vegas MHWGO tape is shameful. Look how raspy and out of tune her voice was at Wango Tango 2002 and YET she still managed to VOW the whole stadium of NON-fans. With almost no voice, but 5000000% feeling. A whole stadium sang with her. A whole damn stadium and she was raspines inc but she pulled it through so amazingly. So so so amazingly.

Yepp, soul is long lost in this version.

 

But Sebbaboa seems to have let yet a few other performances fall into oblivion... best example: T&H&E& P&O&W&E&R& O&F& L&O&V&E&*

 

*coded so that Stepfordians will enjoy their time in Denyland.

 

/fred

Edited by fred
Peace and love to all.
Posted
Great photos/bootlegs and reviews, thanks for sharing everyone! I love the new costumes, except that creamy-looking blouse which one of you said it looked like the "J'ai tellement d'amour pour toi" era and I totally agree. I'm happy she brought back the white short dress, I love that outfit! She looked and sounded sensational and I can't believe there are only 2 more weeks till I go to Paris to see her :kicking: :kicking:
Posted
Not mine but i found a close up recording of My Heart Will Go On:
http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
Posted

I uploaded the videos we took last night to my youtube account:

 

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Leenylover

 

The clips aren't great quality, it was a brand new camera, and we're still learning lol! The longer clip is of the opening sequence for the intro to IDAN, very sexy! :D

Photos to come soon!

 

Love Lisa

xxx

Posted

I miss her already...

:ermm:

Wanna organize a fan meeting in Blackpool as there are loads of cheap and cheerful hotels to stay over but I don't know when and who would come???

Any help organizing it would be great. I remember I went to a Celine fan meeting once when I was still living in germany and it was ace. We could all swap pics and stuff and then maybe head out for a great night out.

 

Anyone up for it then please get in touch asap.

 

xx

You gave me a world to believe in, you made me believe...
Posted

I just watched the videos from the Multimedia section and WOW!!! That's what I call a concert! A real concert atmosphere! Vegas was a great show, but this is a great concert! People shouting and clapping and singing along and flash lights from everywhere! I love it!

One silly question: did it say something about cameras on the tickets (that one is not allowed to bring any)? Cause if it did, but they still allowed people in with all those cameras, then the same might aply to Paris (they do say on the Paris tickets that no cameras are allowed :glare: ).

Posted

Well......

 

I had amazing TeamCeline seats to last night's concert in Manchester, and I have to say that Celine was as charming and full of life as ever, but I have never been so ashamed to be a Celine fan as last night. Not because of Celine, but because of her fans. I've read many people experienced what I experienced last night, and I thought it was disgusting. I'm 25, I was out to have a good time, stand up and dance, and click my fingers and tap my toes. I think dancing at a pop concert is about as normal and expected as praying in a church. Yet I was told (not asked -TOLD) to sit down by the grey, dull, middle-aged people around me. A young girl who was in the row in front, also was dancing and clapping, yet she too was told to sit down. It even got quite heated with a middle-aged man almost throwing her down into her seat. The man got confrontational and aggressive and the poor girl had to call the Arena's stewards for help. She wanted clarification: 'Can I stand up and dance if I want to?'. They said yes. They told the man to calm down and that if she wants to dance, that is her right. They can't force her to sit. He was outraged that this dancing girl was blocking his wife's view, they have paid to be seated and the girl is in the way. Later, as I was dancing to I'm Alive, the couple next to me told me aggressively to sit down. I didn't. They too got heated. They said to my mother (next to me), if you don't sit him down, I'm gonna get my son to beat him up. That obviously upset my mother and it ruined her night.

 

Celine Dion fans on here are up for it. Celine Dion fans on here would be dancing with me. Celine even said at one point, come on every one - get up and dance with me. But it seems Celine Dion fans in the main are middle-aged, conservative and bloody boring.

 

When I go to a concert, I want to make noise. I want to applaud. Give standing ovations. Dance like a nutter.

 

Last night was full of old, boring married couples and it ruined, absolutely ruined the experience for me.

 

I have been to a few concerts in my time, and although I don't rate her as a singer, you have to rate her fans. When I went to Madonna's Confessions tour a few years back, you couldn't find a person SITTING down. They were all up. They were all dancing. They were all having a bloody good time. It does help that her fans are mainly gay men (let's face it - the gays can party) and the atmosphere there was so much better than the married, middle-aged couples that filled Manchester's MEN Arena last night.

 

Of course, none of this is Celine's fault. I guess I wish she appealed more to the funky, young crowd. But she is who she is, we love her for that, and you can't pick your fans.

 

The show itself is very slick, but there was another massive problem with last night's show. Again, not Celine's fault, but the sound system was awful. Truly awful. When you go to a Celine concert, although the dancers, screens and lights etc are all very nice, they're not the reason you go. They're a nice bonus. But that's not why you bought the ticket. You go to hear that voice. That world-famous, soaring, pure voice. And the sound system fell short, very short, of showing off Celine's instrument.

 

My brother is a club DJ, I have been clubbing from New York to London to Ibiza, and have been to dozens of superstar concerts, and I fully understand sound systems. It's something I have a passion for. And the sound system last night was below par. And shockingly so.

 

I understand the difficulties in creating a good sound on a tour (hey, my bro is a DJ). The dimensions change, from stadiums to arenas, from end stage to in the round. But last night's sound was awful. At one point, Celine's microphone cut out, the music dimmed and a loud groan came from the speakers. Not a mere hitch - the sound system was failing. The music was loud to the point where any clarity of sound was lost and there was a massive echo in the sound. Her voice boomed and echoed and sounded distorted. I honestly get better sound quality from my home stereo.

 

It isn't impossible to get great sound. Maybe when she hired Jamie King after his success with Madonna, Celine should also have got her sound guy. The Madonna concert had the best sound I have ever heard in my ife. It was clear and crisp, and powerful. So brilliant, the speakers would have picked up the noise of a pin drop. Yet the bass was powerful and shaking.

 

Oh, that Celine didn't have such a sound system is lamentable.

 

OK, the good points:

 

Celine looked beautiful, was full of life, and wore the most gorgeous shoes I've ever seen in my life. She sang Think Twice which made my day. She talked about Manchester United's upcoming football match in Moscow which I thought was a nice touch. She talked about her last trip to Great Britain, which involved going to see a parade outside Buckingham Palace in London and Rene-Charles got to catch a glimpse of the Queen. She even joked he's starting drinking tea now. The concert was 2 hrs but flew by.

 

But all in all, a concert that left me a little unsatisfied. I was expecting it and I don't mind but I Drove All Night, Power of Love, the big note in All By Myself were lipped, as was My Heart Will Go On. The dancers were OK but added little.

 

I guess my perfect Celine concert (and I'm guessing yours too) would be Celine, stage, microphone, voice sailing out through worthy speakers, around fans that want to have a good time.

 

Sadly, that's not the way it happened.....

Posted

see thank god am not the only onw who was upset about the other 'fans'...bloody oap's night out. please read one of my last posts where I complained that I wasnt allowed to dance and enjoy myself...

 

do you not think Celine would have wanted us to dance and enjoy ourselves...well thanks for spoiling our night!!!

You gave me a world to believe in, you made me believe...
Posted
the difference of the sound at a madonna's concert is because most of it is pre-recorded an not live :P
Posted
Its appalling really the way people react to other people having a fab time. Thats why I never go to seated concerts. You always have to deal with nonsense like this. As its very unlikely she will tour again in the near future I did get tickets for 2 seated shows but I sincerely hope the people in Amsterdam and Antwerp wont be so annoying.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpg

Goodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End,

They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]

If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!

~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~

--> Click For Free Mammograms <--

Posted

yeah but it is still out of order though adn i wish we could let her know how we all get treated by other fans...

 

anyone up for the fan meeting?

 

xx

You gave me a world to believe in, you made me believe...
Posted

I posted a few minutes ago - see above

 

But have just read some of the comments on here from other Celine fans. And some fans on HERE ASKED people who were dancing to sit down.

 

You insanely boring losers.

 

If you can't take people dancing at a pop concert, then you should stay at home,.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...