Shamrock_1982 Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:32 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:32 PM (edited) her performance of tc wasn't any better than her performance of it on xfactor.... !!! i found it boring to watch, no band, no background visuals as such... looking 4ward to the interview tho Edited November 14, 2007 at 09:44 PM by Ire23
CSCfan Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:42 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:42 PM (edited) WoW!! The vocals are on the SPOT!! IMO possibly the best performance of this song (vocally)....And that without even hearing the HQ yet.. Edited November 14, 2007 at 09:42 PM by CSCfan »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
ByuSmurf Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:45 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:45 PM Here's the BYLM performance:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAnl_f_N8pA http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/siggy12-25-05.jpg
VintageCeline Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:45 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:45 PM WOW! she sounded amazing. Thankyoouu for posting x http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
celinefan1985 Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:45 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:45 PM her performance of tc wasn't any better than her performance of it on xfactor.... !!! i found it boring to watch, no band, no background visuals as such... looking 4ward to the interview tho What? Her vocals were spot on and that was the first time singing it live! I agree that without a band, there's no t much impact but at least the girl SANG!!!
celinefanonline Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:50 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:50 PM thanks for the video brenda!!! love u Courage don't you dare fail me now!
Shamrock_1982 Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:50 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:50 PM (edited) i didnt say her voice was bad....i said the performance as a whole!!Her voice is gr8 but her voice and the music just didnt mix correctly or something in this performance, is what i mean....so i didnt like it,lol.. Edited November 14, 2007 at 09:52 PM by Ire23
Shaun Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:51 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:51 PM Darren I don't know how you can say that wasn't better than The X Factor. In my opinion that was the best vocal performance of "Taking Chances" yet. She nailed it. True, there's still more to work on in the "performance" aspect (Celine move your feet! Move around the stage) but other than that I found it faultless. Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
pepillo90 Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:52 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:52 PM She was good! Better than on X Factor, but not than Oprah or Today Show... BYLM was really good http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg ► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/
CSCfan Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:52 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:52 PM Yeah, but it was her VERY first TC performance live.... So I'll give her credit..lol »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
firebird Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:52 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 09:52 PM The moon in the background should be visual enough for you Was this the first performance of Taking Chances? It was good. Today Show and this one, those are good performances of Taking Chances.I also have to say she's learned to sing BYLM. It really suits the song how she's drawing out the notes, adds some warmth to it.
artistman2007 Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:05 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:05 PM she looked beautiful and sanged very very well
ByuSmurf Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:25 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:25 PM INTERVIEW:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRrNNd3BrhA http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/siggy12-25-05.jpg
lyn Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:37 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:37 PM YAY! i heart you. thank you. Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
firebird Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:43 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:43 PM That's one of the worst interviews. Ellen making snappish comments on Rene Charles's hair, Celine droning out her usual promotion monologue. 4 wasted minutes.
stevo Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:43 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:43 PM (edited) Best TC performance by far. I didn't think it was boring- it was beautiful with the moon and she did just the right moing about. It's hard enough singing it without headbanging to it. And best BYYLM performance as well. dear God. Perfect. Better than perfect. She's so comfortable singing that! I loved in the interview- Have you a problem with that? Hehe Edited November 14, 2007 at 10:52 PM by stevo
ByuSmurf Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:51 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:51 PM That's one of the worst interviews. Ellen making snappish comments on Rene Charles's hair, Celine droning out her usual promotion monologue. 4 wasted minutes. YEP... they totally chopped and pasted together the WORST parts of the interview! Personally - I think it is RUDE to ask someone if their jewelry is REAL and I'm TIRED of people commenting on RC's long hair. Don't they realize he is an INDIVIDUAL and thinks for himself and that he will have his hair cut IF or WHEN HE wants it done? http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/siggy12-25-05.jpg
fab Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:59 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 10:59 PM taking chances sound great i love this live performance http://www.pixenli.com/images/mini/1300306790033470900.pngFabricee-clinedion
celinerific Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:02 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:02 PM (edited) I can't wait to see Celine on Ellen! But I have one question... why does Celine keep singing "Taking Chances" in a lower key than the actual song? When did Céline sang one single song in its original key? I would love love love to see such performance? Wait...there's none! OK, sorry I just had to do my answer the fred way. She looked great. I myself, enjoyed Oprah more this time. I was a little bit disappointed that it wasn't as funny as I hoped it would be, like the last time Celine was on Ellen. Edited November 14, 2007 at 11:03 PM by celinerific http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
nrcda88 Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:07 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:07 PM Celine not too long finished singing Taking Chances.. she sounded great after seeing her on the Today show and Oprah...how to put this...she has a new style to how she sings and its working. i take back what i said about her performance on Oprah lol...all her new performances are great! new album new sound, that definitely works for me now back to Ellen hehe.. some of the interview was irrelevant.. RC's hair, Celine's ring..come on what does that have to do with anything? more info about the CD and the tour and A New Day's final shows should've been there. plus when ellen introduced Celine before she sang TC, ellen said welcome back once again.. or something like that. and Celine didn't perform before. it was only TC, but i saw previous posts about BYLM. they really edited this bad. we should've seen everything with Celine! http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3646/cdan.jpg Céline ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ My MySpace Page Facebook
Ted Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:08 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:08 PM It was short interview. They cut a lot out. She should included more on the show. So what aout other things. Did you see Ellen at beginning of the show? She was back week of Celine interview after the dog crying incident. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/tedxyz/Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
rodrigo_alka Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:09 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:09 PM the was no chemistry... i liked more BYLM than TC http://www.sportsevents.net/events/images/celine_dion.jpg .......I want you to need me........
VintageCeline Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:12 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:12 PM Oooo Ellen! She should have worded the sentence about RC's hair a little different! It came out rude!!! Everyone knows that if kids dont want their hair cut, then they wont have it cut! I used to resent my DAD for always taking me to this cheap CHEAP hair dressers an them cutting my fringe waaay too short, like a meter above the eyebrow ahah!But seriously, Ellen should have been a little more nicer to Celine. And that ring! woah that was hot! x http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
tativale Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:14 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:14 PM That's one of the worst interviews. Ellen making snappish comments on Rene Charles's hair, Celine droning out her usual promotion monologue. 4 wasted minutes. YEP... they totally chopped and pasted together the WORST parts of the interview! Personally - I think it is RUDE to ask someone if their jewelry is REAL and I'm TIRED of people commenting on RC's long hair. Don't they realize he is an INDIVIDUAL and thinks for himself and that he will have his hair cut IF or WHEN HE wants it done?I totally agree with you !!!! It's so rude, it was so rude those questions ! If i were tehre would have told her 'ohhh may I ask you WHY you dress yourself like a man?' No comments for her! This totally made the interview bad 'cause then Celine got mad etc. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moiIt's always possible to change! Vive le Québec"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, lesinstants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."
VintageCeline Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:20 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:20 PM Aahhhhhhhahaha why you dress yourself like a man! LOL hahaha. I usually like Ellen, but I think it was just her humour, and as die-hard fans that we are, took it more seriously than was meant. I thought Celine looked and sounded amazing, as always x http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
firebird Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:27 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:27 PM I loved in the interview- Have you a problem with that? HeheAm I bovvered?!Though: showing off jewelry while quoting Donna Summer - gaytastic Celine moment
davidh Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:37 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:37 PM yeah ellen did come across a bit rudeish, celine seemed quite defencive about rene-charles, o well, hte performance was great, not as good as the today show but still great, this woman can sing anything
LVCeline Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:41 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:41 PM WOWWWWWWWWWWW! I was so not expecting that! I didn't think her interview was awkward at all, I thought she was really funny and that ring was CRAZY! Vocally Taking Chances was AWESOME! That was the best performance for me. She sounded excellent! And honestly BYLM was probably the best performance of that song since like the 90's. I thought it sounded PERFECT! She really sings differently when she's not in Vegas, you could tell the very beginning was a bit higher and definitely not nasal like in Vegas. It was EXCELLENT! LOOOOOVED IT!
Celinefreak05 Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:54 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 11:54 PM They did cut out the majority of the interview - no talks about Gwen Stefani or how her dad cut her brother's hair... Check out BYLM at 1:49 - that's me singing along :) Kimberly
boyblackuk Posted November 15, 2007 at 12:11 AM Posted November 15, 2007 at 12:11 AM Now I am excited BYLM was amazing back to the original sound not the nasley horrible (and I really mean it) AND version. I am looking forward to the tour now
Recommended Posts