Jump to content

NEWS about upcoming projects & "Enchanting"!


Recommended Posts

Posted
Coty Sees Third Hit in New Dion Fragrance

 

http://www.wwd.com/content/articles/120806_6.jpg

The ad promoting Celine Dion's Enchanting fragrance.

 

By Michelle Edgar

 

Coty Beauty is hoping U.S. consumers find the third perfume in the Celine Dion fragrance franchise as "Enchanting" as it does.

 

Since Coty launched the first fragrance, Celine Dion Parfums, in the portfolio three years ago, the franchise has brought in $500 million in global retail sales, said Coty executives.

 

"Celine has the capability to emotionally connect with people," said Marsha Brooks, Coty's vice president of new business development. "Like her music, the way Celine lives life is with emotion — putting her family above everything else — and celebrating woman's inner spirit."

 

Built on the mantra "live, love and believe," the Celine Dion franchise is available in more than 30 countries, including the U.S., Canada, France and Germany.

 

According to Information Resources Inc., Celine Dion's franchise dropped about 11 percent in sales to $15.5 million across food, drug and mass stores (excluding Wal-Mart) for the 52-week period ended Nov. 5. However, the franchise is still ranked number three following Elizabeth Taylor and Calvin Klein.

 

When creating a new fragrance, Dion's inspiration comes from how she feels at that particular moment.

 

"It's those magical moments in life when you feel the most beautiful and special, and everything is possible. All women can relate to this. It's about creating happiness and something that's not so obvious. It's not just about one feeling inside of us. It can be many different things like happiness, sensuality and strength. This fragrance is about feeling strong about ourselves, but in a soft, delicate way," said Dion in a recent interview, who added that she views fragrance as an accessory. "Fragrance should accompany a woman and not dominate her. You should notice a person for their karma, beauty and strength, but the fragrance should follow and be part of her."

 

While Dion's second fragrance was designed to capture her "behind-the-scenes" and "offstage" personality with the tag line "Belong to the Moment," Enchanting wants to remind women of their power to allure.

 

"It's still about glamour, sophistication and elegance like her other fragrances, but this is more about sensuality and those moments when a woman feels gorgeous and irresistible," said Mary John Baumann, Coty's group director of global marketing. "Celine embodies the values of today's woman who juggles so many different facets of her life, from her work and artistry to her being a mother and wife."

 

 

Enchanting, which launched in Europe in September, ranked as the top five and six fragrances in markets such as Germany, France and Poland, said Baumann. Like previous Dion fragrances, Enchanting will feature two launches: In March, Enchanting will get a limited rollout to about 2,000 department and specialty stores, such as J.C. Penney, Sears, Ulta and Kohl's; the full rollout, ultimately reaching a total of 20,000 doors, will coincide with her English CD release next fall.

 

Available in eau de toilette bottles — 1.7 oz. for $35 and 3.4 oz. for $48 — the fragrance will be available in mass retailers such as Wal-Mart and Walgreens. Enchanting will also include a body lotion for $12.50.

 

Created by perfumer James Krivda at Givaudan, Enchanting is described as a "floriental" fragrance with top notes of osmanthus, cyclamen and red berries; middle notes of diamond orchid, gardenia, freesia and mimosa, and bottom notes of sandalwood, amber and tonka. The first fragrance, Celine Dion Parfums, was described as more of a floral bouquet, while Belong featured more of a floral, woody scent. According to Ruth Sutcliffe, Coty's director of product development, Krivda used Dion's onstage gowns and wardrobe for inspiration. Sutcliffe gave him pictures and swatches of the silk charmeuse, crepe de chine and chiffon gowns for a feeling of the textures and colors Coty wanted to evoke in the form of a fragrance.

 

Sutcliffe also said that Dion made sure that two of her favorite notes — gardenia and mimosa — were included in the scent. Along with the woody base, these particular notes bring back memories for Dion.

 

"Mimosa flowers make me feel like I'm vacationing and reminds me of the South of France. I also love the look of the mimosa flowers with those little yellow balls. Unfortunately, every time I cut one and put it into water, it never lasts," said Dion, who added that she loves gardenia since it was in her wedding bouquet. "I particularly like that woody sandalwood scent since it is a strong part of me and my upbringing. It reminds me of my family and childhood — about warmth, love, music and fireplaces. My dad was a lumberman, and our house was made of wood. I relate wood to strength and always have good memories of growing up in that house."

 

 

Shaped like a pentagon, the fragrance's glass bottle is designed to be reminiscent of a flowing gown. The outer carton features royal blues with gold-embroidered brocades and a visual of Dion on one side.

 

Coty wanted to be sure the fragrance had global appeal, so they tested it in various markets including the U.S., France and Germany, Brooks said.

 

Coty will introduce a more seductive image of Dion through a print campaign photographed by Michael Thompson, featuring Dion wearing a gown by Collette Dinnegan and her own amethyst ring by H. Stern. The single-page ads — with 40 million scented impressions — will break in select April magazines but will have more of a push in fall magazines, totaling between five and 10 titles. There will also be online initiatives such as sweepstakes, where fans can win trips to Las Vegas to meet Dion and see her concert, in addition to ad imagery for the fragrance's in-store launch.

 

Coty is currently working with Dion's record label, Sony, on CD tie-ins through fragrance samples or contests. More than 20 million samples will be distributed in-store, online through Dion's fan clubs like Team Celine and in the Celine Dion boutique in Las Vegas' The Coliseum, where Dion's fragrances are still the store's number-one selling item.

 

After four years, Dion's Vegas show is approaching its final stretch, set to finish at the end of next year. Her upcoming projects include her French album, which comes out in May, and her English disc due in fall. Dion said there's a strong possibility of touring after her show ends, but nothing is confirmed yet. As for beauty projects, she's uncertain what the future might hold.

 

"I can't pick any mood for my next fragrance since it's about how I'm feeling now at that particular moment," said Dion. "Since I'm almost at the end of the Vegas project, I might be feeling a little sad or maybe I'll be feeling the strongest I've ever felt. I don't like departures, and Vegas is such a big part of me. I've raised my child here. And who knows? We might not ever leave."

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted
I thought I'd post a new thread coz it concerns various of topics, not just "Enchanting"..

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted
OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May! OMFG May!
http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
u heard it from the queen herself - there is a new english album THIS year and there IS a world tour - this woman is crazy :giggle:
Posted

Who cares about another One Heart Part II featuring samples from Céline's 13th fragrance "Blowing & Flowing" and free jingles with the intro "Live To Live", "Live To Smell", "Live To Love" and "Live To Be". :ermm:

 

The French album we will hear earlier than I thought and fans will have more time to appreciate the 10 female writers. Not to mention that the first single will be out in April! :shocking: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
hopefuly it's not gonna be another OH seb :mellow:

Coty is currently working with Dion's record label, Sony, on CD tie-ins - well, gogo, here you have it. OH 2003 = perfume sample inside, OH II 2007 = two perfume samples inside plus 10% coupon for Walmart. It's hopless! :giggle:

 

Anyway we have to rejoice as we will be getting some quality work this time around. Every three years Céline is delivering masterpieces. So much time she needs to think about her music and the concept.

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
Amazing news!!!!!!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpg

Antwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ Arras

Some people need no slogans or presentations.

 

 

 

And that was a wrap, folks!

Posted
Who cares about another One Heart Part II featuring samples from Céline's 13th fragrance "Blowing & Flowing" and free jingles with the intro "Live To Live", "Live To Smell", "Live To Love" and "Live To Be". :ermm:

 

The French album we will hear earlier than I thought and fans will have more time to appreciate the 10 female writers. Not to mention that the first single will be out in April!  :shocking:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

 

Wow, I thought you would be mad about this.. by releasing it in May instead of Aug/Sept, meaning less time to flesh it out blah blah blah. :whistling:

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted
Wow, I thought you would be mad about this.. by releasing it in May instead of Aug/Sept, meaning less time to flesh it out blah blah blah.  :whistling:

Why should I be mad, Mathias? :unsure: It's amazing news, indeed you brought us here and the fact that we are getting the French album (that is possibly even already recorded) is just as thrilling as the ONE-year run up for the 1F4T CD since fall 2002!

 

As far as the CD is concerned it SMELLS acoustique - remember that Céline wanted to record an acoustic album? The concept of the CD and JJG's skills would be a perfect match and then the CD wouldn't need much promo, big performances...just words, lyrics for speaking for itself.

 

I am actually glad they (seemingly) gave up the plans to release the French CD in fall. Now both sides can be happy - no matter if the French CD is a commercial success. Important is that it's a success for Céline artistically. And it seems it will be.

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted

Thanks for the article :flowers:

It's good that they'll release the album in spring. D'eux was released in spring too. I know it's just a coincidence, but I like it :in_love:

Posted
Holy blowjobs...I want the FRENCH CD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

it must be something very good because of the ending of Vegas it will be her next big big project but i wish she could have another child!!!! because is she tour too long she could not have any more:(

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026

Posted
February first single from the Mother's Day-released french alum.

 

JNVOP -> July, 7. ONCP -> October, 3.  :D

Ohhh that would be great! But so early!? LOLZ would be too good to be true, Renato! :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: I am not hoping for too much too soon, I will settle for March/April single release.

 

It will be surely nothing like we would expect it to be. It'll be definitely special.

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
And who knows....France....April/May? :P

We dont know her Vegas schedule yet do we?

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted (edited)
We dont know her Vegas schedule yet do we?

 

Well we know her schedule up to July.. so we know about her March/April schedule. :msn-wink:

We also know she will have more spare time in 2007.... :D

 

Yes, I bet she will go in France in the big March/April break. In May she has only 10 days off.  :D

 

Exactly!

Edited by CSCfan

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted
Is there a possibility we will have the new French single on the Vegas DVD when she decides to include this second rumored song? I strongly hope so! I want to have a new French's CD touch onto the DVD and if Renato is right she *could* possibly sing it live. O M G
http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
Is there a possibility we will have the new French single on the Vegas DVD when she decides to include this second rumored song? I strongly hope so! I want to have a new French's CD touch onto the DVD and if Renato is right she *could* possibly sing it live. O M G

Yes, I thought the same. I'm pretty sure she will introduce her new french single during the DVD shooting. And I think they will launch the Vegas DVD in May, as the french album is out. They could even use her Vegas performance as MV. :P

Posted
Is there a possibility we will have the new French single on the Vegas DVD when she decides to include this second rumored song?

 

"Second rumoured song"?? :whistling:

 

But no..the chances are slim to none..

It would be more likely to put the new English single on the DVD.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted
Yes, I thought the same. I'm pretty sure she will introduce her new french single during the DVD shooting.

 

Could be, would be nice, but I doubt it.

 

And I think they will launch the Vegas DVD in May, as the french album is out. They could even use her Vegas performance as MV.  :P

 

Nah! They won't do that.. if they can "postpone" the *real* release of "Enchanting" till Fall when the English album is released, they can most certainly "postpone" the release of the DVD also till the English album [which is the most logical and best way to go btw].

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

But she has not even started recording the English album... I know the lyrics for the French album have been written like couple of months ago and she was due to record them in fall or something like that.

 

It would be nice to include an English single there but as Ronny said it'd make more Valentina-sense to release the DVD around May so that is has the new French single on it.

 

I just wonder WHEN will she do a video shoot for the single, where the photos will be made for the cover etc. She has not that much time haha.

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
But she has not even started recording the English album... 

 

So? She still has till about 6 months to do that..lol

 

It would be nice to include an English single there but as Ronny said it'd make more Valentina-sense to release the DVD around May so that is has the new French single on it.

 

Yes, but it would make more sense marketing/money-wise to release it a) around the same time as her English album/"Enchanting", B) just before X-mas, c) just before the end of the show (this one is up to debate, but still).

 

I just wonder WHEN will she do a video shoot for the single, where the photos will be made for the cover etc. She has not that much time haha.

 

She has plenty of time this month.. she has at least 10 days off each month, starting January.. she has a break in February and a big break in March/April: PLENTY of time! ^_^

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

AHH! AHH! AHH! AHH! yay! This is the best news ever!!! May is sooooo close... 2007 is going to be the best Celine year in awhile! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

 

 

 

PS...umm how legitimate do we know this article is? I mean they are calling Enchanting her *3rd* fragrance ignoring completly 'Notes' and 'Always Belong/Belong Sparkling Edition' ? Just wondering casue i really want it to be truuuuuuuuuue :)

. . .Live to Love Celine Dion <3

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/java05.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/8839047.png

Posted

MAY ??? !!! :shocking: Did you say... May? :unsure: Is it possible... :o

M A Y !

 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Posted
I'm so curious about the new FRENCH songs....I wanna listen to them, OMG I want the CD now...I'm so curious to see the album art and all....OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Posted

Oh....how could this slip my mind: it's my B-DAY in May!! :w00t: :w00t:

I love you Céline.. :wub:

 

 

PS...umm how legitimate do we know this article is? I mean they are calling Enchanting her *3rd* fragrance ignoring completly 'Notes' and 'Always Belong/Belong Sparkling Edition' ?  Just wondering casue i really want it to be truuuuuuuuuue :)

 

Pretty legitimate..:)

 

They're probably placing "Notes" under "Celine Dion Parfums" en "Always Belong" under "Belong". Just like "Memento" gets ignored really..

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...