Yangedd Posted December 11, 2005 at 05:35 PM Posted December 11, 2005 at 05:35 PM It's Christmas so I thought now is a perfect time to chat about the album. I bought it back in 1998 when it was released and loved it right away. It really put me in the mood for Christmas. I remember lighting some candles and listening to "Oh Holy Night". Celine's vocals made me so emotional along with the christmas atmosphere that I had created. I loved it. I love all the tracks on the album. I was listening to it again today and it made me so happy. I don't think any of my Christmasses would be the same without that album playing loudly in my house. Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Yentl Anchel Posted December 11, 2005 at 05:57 PM Posted December 11, 2005 at 05:57 PM Indeed, and I'm longing for a new Christmas album.. She could do a French one with more new songs on it. It's Christmas so I thought now is a perfect time to chat about the album. I bought it back in 1998 when it was released and loved it right away. It really put me in the mood for Christmas. I remember lighting some candles and listening to "Oh Holy Night". Celine's vocals made me so emotional along with the christmas atmosphere that I had created. I loved it. I love all the tracks on the album. I was listening to it again today and it made me so happy. I don't think any of my Christmasses would be the same without that album playing loudly in my house. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Quote Elle est mon idéal, La plus grande étoile Will be going to Celine may 8 2027
Yangedd Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:03 PM Author Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:03 PM I'd love another Christmas album too, but until that happens I am perfectly happy with the one we all know and love. Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Nautanick Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:04 PM Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:04 PM I too brought TAST back in 1998. I had been anticipating it for a long time and truly wasn't let down. Every time I play it at Xmas (sometimes I play it at other times of the year ) I get the 'warm fuzzies'. Celine is simply superb on this album. The production mostly isn't the 'poppy' Xmas stuff we get from contemporary artists these days but in more of a classical vein. Simply wonderful. I guess my favorites from this album would be O Come All Ye Faithful (my favorite hymn!), Christmas Eve, I'm Your Angel, O Holy Night and Another Year Has Gone By. But I have a hard time picking favorites, they're all so good! Every Christmas it's in my cd player. A holiday classic Quote
Yangedd Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:07 PM Author Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:07 PM My favorites on the album include "Oh Holy Night (Vocally Amazing)", "Christmas Eve", "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" and "Don't Save It All For Christmas Day". The album has a brilliant mix of Christmas songs on it and Celine's vocals are so strong in the way she belts out the classics and the new songs that were written epsecially for the album. I'll be playing it up loud again tomorrow and I'm going to put all the tracks on my Mp3 player for when I'm out and about. There's nothing better then listening to Christmas mjusic while seeing all the light and decorations around the town. Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
anewdayhascome Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:28 PM Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:28 PM i like all tracks from this album...i have it for 3 years now...if you remember at the beginning of this year there were some informations that Celine recorded some new Christmas songs with David Foster... and there was an information about new Christmas album nearly:) but now i would like in English and with all new tracks Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026
Yangedd Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:32 PM Author Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:32 PM I remember reading about a possible new Christmas Album all right. It would be brilliant if Celine did go ahead and record one. Or if not, there must be plenty of recorded tracks from "These Are Special Times" that were left on the cutting room floor that could be compiled to make a new Album. Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Johana Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:37 PM Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:37 PM new album will be great I'd love another Christmas one more time Quote http://www.freewebs.com/celinetime/Graphics/Signatures/Angelonearth-sig.jpg
Yangedd Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:40 PM Author Posted December 11, 2005 at 06:40 PM I'd love Celine to sing: White ChristmasPlease Come Home For ChristmasRocking Around The Christmas Tree I think she would do an amazing job on those, along with some more traditional ones like: Away In A Manger Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Leone Posted December 11, 2005 at 09:36 PM Posted December 11, 2005 at 09:36 PM Was "I met an angel (On christmas day)" an outtake or a new recording?Cause I don't understand why they would take it out.. it's a wonderful song and it should be together with the other songs on the album (one of the few uptempo songs).. Also I wish they didn't mess with the EQ on Celine's voice (900-2000Hz). Those frequencies are way too loud. I guess they wanted to create a sharp and clear voice just like on "I don't know" or "I want you to need me".. Quote
Yangedd Posted December 11, 2005 at 10:21 PM Author Posted December 11, 2005 at 10:21 PM The first time I ever heard "I Met An Angel (On Christmas Day)" was on the "That's The Way It Is" single, which also included a live version of "My Heart Will Go On", and I fell in love with the song right away. It's so cool and upbeat. Celine rocks on that track. Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Adam868 Posted December 11, 2005 at 10:34 PM Posted December 11, 2005 at 10:34 PM GREAT album...O Holy Night is absolutely amazing. The ending with the high note...wow that's something...it's up there with the All by myself and I surrender high notes! Quote
Yangedd Posted December 11, 2005 at 10:48 PM Author Posted December 11, 2005 at 10:48 PM I agree. O Holy Night is so amazing. Celine completely captured the meaning of Christmas on that track. It was just so powerful and emotional. Amazing. That's all I can say about that track really lol. Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Mozinha Posted December 11, 2005 at 11:05 PM Posted December 11, 2005 at 11:05 PM I loveeeeeeeeee this album. My mom loves it so much, she asks me to play it in mid summer lol.I especially love O Holy night, Don't save it all for Christmas day, The magic of Christmas day, Ave Maria, Merry X-Mas and Feliz Navidad. I wish she would record another one! And this time I'd love to hear her sing What child is this because this song is just divine! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
Yangedd Posted December 11, 2005 at 11:07 PM Author Posted December 11, 2005 at 11:07 PM I'd so love a new Chrissie one too. Celine has such vocal quality that she could do justice to every single Chrissie song ever recorded. Listen Sony.....It's time for a new Celine Chrissie Album!!!! Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
celinedioniloveyou Posted December 12, 2005 at 12:24 AM Posted December 12, 2005 at 12:24 AM I also play this album..not only at Christmas...I simply love "O Holy Night" it's Celine top quality...very very powerful and oh so emotional...I also love Ave Maria I play Celine all the time...when I was out on the road working 9 hours a day..I had a Celine cassette of my fav Celine songs with me...for 4 weeks 9-6 every day I played this cassette...backwards forwards...forwards backwards...and not once in 180 hours of listening to it..did I ever think oh no not this song again...every time was like the 1st time. I love Celine and her voice so very very much... I am almost 56 years old...and I have never felt the same about any other singer as I do about Celine... I don't know why this has happened to me with Celine...but I'll tell you what...I'm oh so very proud to be a Celine fan..and I thank God that I have been blessed to be around to appreciate such a magnificent woman and such a magnificent voice Celine you are always in my heart... Quote God look after you Celine Dion and all your family & friends you are a wonderful gift and I am truly blessed and lucky enough to have been around from 1968 to today to witness you blossom into a national treasure................. much love always xxxx
Ted Posted December 12, 2005 at 12:48 AM Posted December 12, 2005 at 12:48 AM I play TAST at this time of the year. It's a great album. My favorites are:1. O Holy Night2. Don't Save It All For Christmas Day3. Christmas Eve4. These Are Special TimesI like all the songs. Ted Quote http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/tedxyz/Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
Yangedd Posted December 12, 2005 at 12:54 AM Author Posted December 12, 2005 at 12:54 AM We should all play this album at this time of year! It's just so fitting lol. Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
sander21 Posted December 13, 2005 at 08:04 AM Posted December 13, 2005 at 08:04 AM I play this album every day now but only with Christmas, so it stays special. My favourite is The magic of christmas day Quote
one heart Posted December 13, 2005 at 09:36 AM Posted December 13, 2005 at 09:36 AM magic of christmas day petit papa nole happy xmas these are special times blue christmas feliz navidad Quote I LOVE CELINE DION FOREVERhttp://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/oneheart07/CELINE%20BANNER/39.jpg
Yangedd Posted December 13, 2005 at 10:43 AM Author Posted December 13, 2005 at 10:43 AM I love Blue Christmas. The song is sad, yet it warms me and fills me with the Christmas spirit. Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Josje Posted December 13, 2005 at 11:04 AM Posted December 13, 2005 at 11:04 AM (edited) It is a great album! I love all songs on it Edited December 13, 2005 at 11:04 AM by Josje Quote
felixwhoals Posted December 13, 2005 at 11:43 AM Posted December 13, 2005 at 11:43 AM Again, O Holy Night is the best Christmas song ever!! I really luv this song so much! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/felixwhoals/CelineMe.jpg So suddenly, it's clear to meThings changeOur future lies in here and nowWe live it through somehow Now the greatest rewardIs the love that I can giveI'm here for you nowFor as long as I liveYou made me who I am
celinelove Posted December 13, 2005 at 12:17 PM Posted December 13, 2005 at 12:17 PM TAST is truly brilliant.One of her best albums ever! Quote
Yangedd Posted December 13, 2005 at 12:18 PM Author Posted December 13, 2005 at 12:18 PM I love Celine's version anyway. There are a lot of artists who have covered it and not really captured the real beauty of the song but Celine managed that with no bother. Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Chrissi Posted December 13, 2005 at 01:38 PM Posted December 13, 2005 at 01:38 PM I love it. I bought it back in 1998 and I fell in love with this beautiful songs.I hope we get a second Christmas album soon with new songs in English and French Quote
~Lady~ Posted December 13, 2005 at 07:13 PM Posted December 13, 2005 at 07:13 PM I really love this album. It gets me into the Christmas spirit. It really helped the other day when I was feeling a bit down. Celine reminded me holidays are near. I think she did a great job recording this album and indeed, it's one of her best albums. It has a very special place in my heart. Quote
Yangedd Posted December 13, 2005 at 08:52 PM Author Posted December 13, 2005 at 08:52 PM Well said Lady. It has a special place in my heart too. It fills me with Joy when I feel down around the holiday period. Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Terre Posted December 16, 2005 at 12:33 PM Posted December 16, 2005 at 12:33 PM TAST is a wonderful album. It's the only Christmas album I've got and it's definitely an essential part of my Christmas. I think Céline's voice is absolutely breath taking on this album!!! My favourite songs are Happy Christmas (War Is Over) (which often makes me cry), Another Year Has Gone By, Don't Save It All For Christmas Day and Christmas Eve. I love those songs more than I can say! Quote My Taking Chances World TourAmsterdam June 2nd 2008 -Section A4, Row 7, Seat 11Stockholm June 7th 2008 -Section A8/A24, Row 3, Seat 40Helsinki June 9th 2008 -Section 119, Row 4, Seat 2 Bruce freakin' Springsteen
thevoice Posted December 16, 2005 at 01:24 PM Posted December 16, 2005 at 01:24 PM TAST is by far her best album vocally...and O HOLY NIGHT is probably her best vocals ever - never in my life i heard a voice more powerful...i remmember the first time i heard it , it was like - "she is not human , how can she hit that long note " lol! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.