Jump to content

Concert residency in Paris 2026/2027! *Spoilers*


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I’m thinking she might add Who I Am to the setlist of this residency 🙏 

Edited by Shamrock_1982
Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2026 at 6:55 PM, Shamrock_1982 said:

I’m thinking she might add Who I Am to the setlist of this residency 🙏 

If she wants include a song to honor the documentary it should be "love again", everybody who watched it knows her struggles while recording it and it would be a very special moment if she would sing it live, kinda to celebrate that she made it all the way from the cruel recording sessions to the stage :)  I'd really love that 

Edited by ordinary fan
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Love again had its time in the doc and showed her many takes and she got there eventually as it was released and featured in the rom com movie…

Who I Am showed her just after her most vulnerable point in the doc, where she was fragile yet strong and determined…

Her voice appears to have fully recovered judging by the two new singles so it only seems right to hear her sing this song now in full, strong and proud now more than ever…

Her “ending song” 😉

Edited by Shamrock_1982
Posted (edited)

Don't wanna hear these 2 songs, because they stand for her struggle with SPS. Also, I don't like them. I want a fresh come back.

I have nothing against her covering John Farnham Help though. That song is amazing. Especially that part with the drums! It would be huge live in concert!

Edited by ryba
  • Like 2
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

Each to their own but I personally find his version of the song depressing… the Beatles version is much better… but at the same time don’t want to hear either version at the same time lol.

Posted
On 7/15/2026 at 3:31 PM, ordinary fan said:

If she wants include a song to honor the documentary it should be "love again", everybody who watched it knows her struggles while recording it and it would be a very special moment if she would sing it live, kinda to celebrate that she made it all the way from the cruel recording sessions to the stage :)  I'd really love that 

 

On 7/15/2026 at 4:49 PM, ryba said:

Don't wanna hear these 2 songs, because they stand for her struggle with SPS. Also, I don't like them. I want a fresh come back.

I have nothing against her covering John Farnham Help though. That song is amazing. Especially that part with the drums! It would be huge live in concert!

 

On 7/15/2026 at 3:47 PM, Shamrock_1982 said:

Love again had its time in the doc and showed her many takes and she got there eventually as it was released and featured in the rom com movie…

Who I Am showed her just after her most vulnerable point in the doc, where she was fragile yet strong and determined…

Her voice appears to have fully recovered judging by the two new singles so it only seems right to hear her sing this song now in full, strong and proud now more than ever…

Her “ending song” 😉

Don’t worry she’ll please us all and do “Courage” instead….. 🤦 

  • Haha 2
Posted
On 7/16/2026 at 12:48 AM, Nmj said:

 

 

Don’t worry she’ll please us all and do “Courage” instead….. 🤦 

Okay courage and love again then please 😆

Posted

Montreal's Olympic Stadium is currently undergoing major renovations. Today, it was announced that the interior will be completely redesigned, and that Celine could headline the venue's official reopening, which is scheduled for 2028.

https://www.rds.ca/amateurs/article/linterieur-du-stade-sera-renove-celine-dion-pour-celebrer-louverture/?fbclid=Iwb21leATGTl1jbGNrBMZNNWV4dG4DYWVtAzEwMABzcnRjBmFwcF9pZAwzNTA2ODU1MzE3MjgAAR7kgKyJiXF7f6O-DU-X8nnX6XVFNtpANC7KtZzt_f8Nfy29kaB3HsclE2QOCA_aem_pzf6eEqjlvQUyBjLvzFKuw

 

 

  • Like 3
Posted

Do u guys think Courage will be part of the setlist?

Posted
On 7/16/2026 at 10:40 PM, jpatdeleon09 said:

Do u guys think Courage will be part of the setlist?

Unfortunately yes I think it will be. I say unfortunately because I feel that chapter brings back so many rough moments… it’s a beautiful song but somehow now feels tainted. Maybe that’s just me?

Id be okay with some songs from that album that weren’t performed live before like “How Did You Get Here” or “The Hard Way”… because they don’t bring back the memories that “Courage” “Lying Down”’or “Imperfections” do. 

  • Like 2
Posted
On 7/17/2026 at 1:54 AM, mebe said:

Montreal's Olympic Stadium is currently undergoing major renovations. Today, it was announced that the interior will be completely redesigned, and that Celine could headline the venue's official reopening, which is scheduled for 2028.

https://www.rds.ca/amateurs/article/linterieur-du-stade-sera-renove-celine-dion-pour-celebrer-louverture/?fbclid=Iwb21leATGTl1jbGNrBMZNNWV4dG4DYWVtAzEwMABzcnRjBmFwcF9pZAwzNTA2ODU1MzE3MjgAAR7kgKyJiXF7f6O-DU-X8nnX6XVFNtpANC7KtZzt_f8Nfy29kaB3HsclE2QOCA_aem_pzf6eEqjlvQUyBjLvzFKuw

 

 

That could be a reason why there are no official plans yet doing shows in Quebec... we'll see. Would be cool if that happens to be true in the end :)

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2026 at 4:40 AM, jpatdeleon09 said:

Do u guys think Courage will be part of the setlist?

I'd love courage being sung at these shows :)  I'm really curious about September 12th when we will know the setlist. I wonder if they gonna rotate some songs as well during this residency. It would allow to include more songs in general and would be very welcomed ;) 

Edited by ordinary fan
  • Like 1
Posted

Whatever the setlist, it will be very interesting (and slightly nerve wracking) to hear her sing live- especially those songs we first heard on the Courage Tour. I find most of the clips of her singing Courage very uncomfortable to listen to, as her voice was so thin.

I have Faith though, pun intended- oooh, imagine she sang that live. One Heart banger.

  • Like 7
Posted

It’s so funny how I feel the first three months after the announcement of these shows went by so quickly, and now that we’re so close, barely 8 weeks away, it feels like time is absolutely crawling by… every other day i’m checking how far away we are from opening night and it never feels any closer lmao. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Posted
On 7/17/2026 at 12:44 AM, stevo said:

Whatever the setlist, it will be very interesting (and slightly nerve wracking) to hear her sing live- especially those songs we first heard on the Courage Tour. I find most of the clips of her singing Courage very uncomfortable to listen to, as her voice was so thin.

I have Faith though, pun intended- oooh, imagine she sang that live. One Heart banger.

If she does any uptempo songs, I’d prefer them to be in French. (She is performing in France, after all). So, bring on: “A cause,” “Je lui dirai,” and “Cherche encore” (more mid-tempo, but I’ll let it slide), please.

  • Like 2
Posted
On 7/16/2026 at 2:19 AM, ryba said:

Don't wanna hear these 2 songs, because they stand for her struggle with SPS.

that doesn't mean the song itself aren't good, or shouldn't be sung live

  • Like 2
Posted
On 7/15/2026 at 10:49 PM, ryba said:

Don't wanna hear these 2 songs, because they stand for her struggle with SPS. Also, I don't like them. I want a fresh come back.

I have nothing against her covering John Farnham Help though. That song is amazing. Especially that part with the drums! It would be huge live in concert!

Courage has nothing to do with her SPS and is a song about trying to overcome grief after Rene's death. I doubt it will be included as this needs to be a fresh start as you say. There will be a nod to Rene somewhere in the show I am sure but it will be a happy one.

  • Like 3
Posted

I hope she now sings “On S’est Aime A Cause” from her album “D’elles”. In uptempo songs, I wouldn’t mind if she lipped it as long as her movements are energetic. I kinda miss seeing Céline perform onstage like running around. More choreo..

Posted
On 7/16/2026 at 8:54 PM, mebe said:

Montreal's Olympic Stadium is currently undergoing major renovations. Today, it was announced that the interior will be completely redesigned, and that Celine could headline the venue's official reopening, which is scheduled for 2028.

https://www.rds.ca/amateurs/article/linterieur-du-stade-sera-renove-celine-dion-pour-celebrer-louverture/?fbclid=Iwb21leATGTl1jbGNrBMZNNWV4dG4DYWVtAzEwMABzcnRjBmFwcF9pZAwzNTA2ODU1MzE3MjgAAR7kgKyJiXF7f6O-DU-X8nnX6XVFNtpANC7KtZzt_f8Nfy29kaB3HsclE2QOCA_aem_pzf6eEqjlvQUyBjLvzFKuw

 

 

I’m so there if this happens.

  • Like 2
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2026 at 3:07 AM, jpatdeleon09 said:

I hope she now sings “On S’est Aime A Cause” from her album “D’elles”. In uptempo songs, I wouldn’t mind if she lipped it as long as her movements are energetic. I kinda miss seeing Céline perform onstage like running around. More choreo..

I know the show is being promoted as a greatest hits residency but it wouldn’t kill anyone to have at the very least a “rarities” medley. OSIAC included, as well as some gems from 1F4T and never performed before songs like Cherche encore and Contre nature. La diva would be very beautiful and fitting for her current situation - can you imagine her performing it while she dances along with a shadow of herself/Maria Callas at the very ending of the song?

Edited by LeChauffeur100
  • Like 2

EVERYONE AFRAID TO BE FORGOTTEN - album & film by ionnalee; out NOW at ionnalee.com

Posted
On 7/21/2026 at 2:26 PM, Nmj said:

 

Hmm a CD and DVD before the end of the year? That's very ambitious. Of course it can be done, ACDS was recorded in June and released in August... But it would be kinda weird as there are also concerts happening in May 2027....


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2026 at 9:31 AM, Davey84 said:

Hmm a CD and DVD before the end of the year? That's very ambitious. Of course it can be done, ACDS was recorded in June and released in August... But it would be kinda weird as there are also concerts happening in May 2027....

Yes I’d take this source with a grain of salt…more than likely after the May dates and my guess would be fall of 2027.

However, technically both series of shows are sold out, they don’t have to worry about selling out like they did with “A New Day…” so maybe it would be before the May shows.  And maybe wishful thinking but maybe the May shows will receive a small revamp.

and let’s be honest in terms of a DVD… the show everyone needs to sand and focus on is NIGHT ONE, September 12.

Hopefully it’s just that ONE show and not all of them merged together like they for AND 

Edited by Nmj
  • Like 1
Posted
On 7/21/2026 at 2:26 PM, Nmj said:

 

WOW. Maybe they will film the first show? A documentary on Netflix etc. would also be cool.

 

  • Like 1
Posted
On 7/21/2026 at 2:26 PM, Nmj said:

 

I really hope this is true, it's been way too long. Wishful thinking me would love to see another documentary with her getting ready for these shows.

Only thing I really pray for is that they film opening night and release that one. I think that would be the best night anyway with a lot of crazy fans being there. Also setlist wise, first show is the best. They can film more for just different angles. But first night is a must!

And leave the audience noise in it. Make it a live experience haha

  • Like 3
Posted
On 7/21/2026 at 12:51 PM, mirage said:

I really hope this is true, it's been way too long. Wishful thinking me would love to see another documentary with her getting ready for these shows.

Only thing I really pray for is that they film opening night and release that one. I think that would be the best night anyway with a lot of crazy fans being there. Also setlist wise, first show is the best. They can film more for just different angles. But first night is a must!

And leave the audience noise in it. Make it a live experience haha

Let’s be honest… the first night September 12 will be the night that it should be. I rather to run just film that and show it by itself. The emotion will be there . And yes the most cringeworthy thing they did either TCWT & AND was mute the audience. Don’t let Julie Synder anywhere near this 🤣 

Posted (edited)

I’d say they’ll do multiple nights like they usually do and weave them together. But surely they’ll have to record the first night. It’s going to be insane. She is one of the last great performers and this is going to massive! Kind of wish I’d tried more for first night just for the occasion! Ps I have to pay the balance of my Event Travel order by Friday!! 💸💸💸

Edited by stevo
Posted

I think it’s true.  I read something last weeks saying there would be a DVD.  Lots of news outlets have been reporting on this today.  If true fantastic news!  

Kev x

  • Like 3
Posted
On 7/21/2026 at 6:41 PM, Nmj said:

Let’s be honest… the first night September 12 will be the night that it should be. I rather to run just film that and show it by itself. The emotion will be there . And yes the most cringeworthy thing they did either TCWT & AND was mute the audience. Don’t let Julie Synder anywhere near this 🤣 

God yes! The muting of the audience!! It blows my mind- the audience make it a live concert dvd!! 

  • Like 3
Posted
On 7/21/2026 at 9:26 AM, Nmj said:

 

Omg, please let this be true. It'll give those who can't be there a chance to witness the magic.  That or make us regret we weren't there.

One thing is for sure though, I'll be an emotional mess while watching/listening if it is released.

  • Like 3
Instagram: @delphis78

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   16 members

    • Jay718
    • Tianna31
    • IamRha
    • LouisePetersen
    • dawn
    • TiagoFragoso05
    • wenneke
    • jpatdeleon09
    • Danystar
    • Nautanick
    • somaltseva
    • danieli25031984
    • celine angelil
    • Nmj
    • No1IrishFan
    • anewdayhascome
×
×
  • Create New...