PuraVida Posted June 9, 2024 at 01:20 PM Posted June 9, 2024 at 01:20 PM Side note, I totally think Mylene Farmer deserves an Olympic performance moment. I hope she'll be involved in either the Opening or Closing ceremony in some way. 4 Quote
scielle Posted June 9, 2024 at 01:38 PM Author Posted June 9, 2024 at 01:38 PM Side note, I totally think Mylene Farmer deserves an Olympic performance moment. I hope she'll be involved in either the Opening or Closing ceremony in some way.Agreed. And I know he’s Belgian but if we’re going for French speakers, I’d love to see Stromae. Saw him in NYC (he sold out 2 nights at MSG for an entirely French show!) and it was really great.Closing ceremony is usually the bigger dance party, so will probably see more musical artists there. Someone like David Guetta maybe or a Daft Punk reunion? 3 Quote
comingback Posted June 9, 2024 at 02:32 PM Posted June 9, 2024 at 02:32 PM (edited) Side note, I totally think Mylene Farmer deserves an Olympic performance moment. I hope she'll be involved in either the Opening or Closing ceremony in some way. Yes, Celine and Mylene would be amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WumATmY8yPw Edited June 9, 2024 at 02:40 PM by comingback 2 Quote
MaiconSC Posted June 9, 2024 at 05:49 PM Posted June 9, 2024 at 05:49 PM (edited) Months… or even years perhaps? For fun, I may start a rumour that Céline recorded PLMALS in French for the Olympics. she will drop an EP of Play Me Like A Love Song recorded in 9 languages, for the Olympics celebration, and the performance will be a mashup of all the languages, ending with scatt and yodelling....a little bird told me so...I hope you guys don't leak this information from here Edited June 9, 2024 at 05:51 PM by MaiconSC 2 Quote
Chantemoi Posted June 9, 2024 at 10:39 PM Posted June 9, 2024 at 10:39 PM she will drop an EP of Play Me Like A Love Song recorded in 9 languages, for the Olympics celebration, and the performance will be a mashup of all the languages, ending with scatt and yodelling....a little bird told me so...I hope you guys don't leak this information from here lol Quote
Zofia Posted June 10, 2024 at 08:49 AM Posted June 10, 2024 at 08:49 AM It will be interesting to see if the political tornado in France (early parliamentary elections in late June/early July, after the president dissolved parliament) will discourage Celine, if indeed she had plans for the Olympics. The country may be unsettled. Certainly any potential contract she may have is highly insured in her current situation. Quote
comingback Posted June 10, 2024 at 11:21 AM Posted June 10, 2024 at 11:21 AM (edited) . Edited June 10, 2024 at 11:32 AM by comingback Quote
comingback Posted June 10, 2024 at 11:24 AM Posted June 10, 2024 at 11:24 AM I thought about that too, yesterday. The right wing parties received many votes (RN in France, AFD in Germany). Didn't the people learn from the history? 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted June 10, 2024 at 02:04 PM Posted June 10, 2024 at 02:04 PM Yes, Celine and Mylene would be amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WumATmY8yPw We need them to have a moment together! Quote
Popular Post scielle Posted June 11, 2024 at 01:20 PM Author Popular Post Posted June 11, 2024 at 01:20 PM I will just note that in today's preview, Hoda called Celine the best selling French language artist of all time.Not news, I know, but I don't recall US media ever making that point. And this form the Olympic network and from a host who's headed to the Olympics. Could mean nothing, of course, but I feel it might also be another bread crumb. 8 Quote
Nmj Posted June 11, 2024 at 01:26 PM Posted June 11, 2024 at 01:26 PM I will just note that in today's preview, Hoda called Celine the best selling French language artist of all time.Not news, I know, but I don't recall US media ever making that point. And this form the Olympic network and from a host who's headed to the Olympics. Could mean nothing, of course, but I feel it might also be another bread crumb. The actual breadcrumb could also be that Celine told Hoda there is a date basically but couldn’t get signed off by her “management” (I’m assuming AEG) to share when yet. I’d assume it would be something before Vegas. So more fuel to the fire. 2 Quote
Ukrfan Posted June 11, 2024 at 01:33 PM Posted June 11, 2024 at 01:33 PM The actual breadcrumb could also be that Celine told Hoda there is a date basically but couldn’t get signed off by her “management” (I’m assuming AEG) to share when yet. I’d assume it would be something before Vegas. So more fuel to the fire. It definitely sounds like it's all coming back to us now 2 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted June 11, 2024 at 10:12 PM Posted June 11, 2024 at 10:12 PM (edited) Performances by singers at the Olympics are usually lip-synched so that means less pressure to Celine if she decides to perform at the Olympics. Edited June 11, 2024 at 10:14 PM by GoldenLeaf Quote
scielle Posted June 12, 2024 at 01:07 AM Author Posted June 12, 2024 at 01:07 AM (edited) TF1 adding some fuel to the fire. (They don’t really say anything other than recap her Atlanta performance & promote a re-airing of their own doc but it’s another little something’)Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited June 12, 2024 at 01:08 AM by scielle 2 Quote
idroveallnight Posted June 13, 2024 at 11:46 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 11:46 PM The only issue I see with the Olympics is that if it’s too good of a performance people will know she lipped and she doesn’t need that bad attention right now. I’ve also been seeing French people commenting on Facebook posts rumoring her Olympics performance and they are absolutely awful, mainly bc they don’t consider her French. Didn’t realize the French public was so unaccepting of Celine as a Canadian. Quote
celinexvocals Posted June 14, 2024 at 07:59 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 07:59 AM The only issue I see with the Olympics is that if it’s too good of a performance people will know she lipped and she doesn’t need that bad attention right now. I’ve also been seeing French people commenting on Facebook posts rumoring her Olympics performance and they are absolutely awful, mainly bc they don’t consider her French. Didn’t realize the French public was so unaccepting of Celine as a Canadian. I am French and there are plenty of haters on social media and most of the time it seems like there is only them but the big majority love Celine for what she brought to the French music. You cannot go to a club or a party without Celine’s music being played at least one time. She is still very popular. I’ve also seen a lot of people being very happy about her possible presence at the Olympics. The thing that triggered people was the fact that she was to be paid 2 million dollars for her performance. But later on, the person in charge of the production of the opening show confirmed that the artists won’t be paid (it’s been the case for each opening show at the Olympics) and also that the show will be financed with 96% of private money. If the French people would’ve been aware of that they would’ve been happier about it I’m sure. 3 Quote
scielle Posted June 14, 2024 at 11:18 AM Author Posted June 14, 2024 at 11:18 AM Well, the journalist who did the TF1 interview doesn’t think she’ll be at the Olympics. JP Dion doesn’t think so either. Don’t burst my bubble y’all! 2 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted June 14, 2024 at 11:20 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 11:20 AM Didn’t they say they wanted to keep it quiet as a surprise or incase worse case scenario she had to pull out on the day! 1 Quote
LukeD Posted June 14, 2024 at 11:23 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 11:23 AM (edited) The only issue I see with the Olympics is that if it’s too good of a performance people will know she lipped and she doesn’t need that bad attention right now. I’ve also been seeing French people commenting on Facebook posts rumoring her Olympics performance and they are absolutely awful, mainly bc they don’t consider her French. Didn’t realize the French public was so unaccepting of Celine as a Canadian.Bigots are all over the internet. Rational people do not even bother responding to them. This is what creates the impression that what bigots say is the rule. But it's not. France loves Celine and this is evidenced every time she releases an album or goes on tour. One of the few markets to consistently support her. Edited June 14, 2024 at 11:23 AM by LukeD 3 Quote
PuraVida Posted June 14, 2024 at 06:39 PM Posted June 14, 2024 at 06:39 PM This would be a pretty big example of a hyped rumour not coming true and dashing our hopes But it's okay, I always take these things with a grain of salt and with some perspective anyway. But it would be so fun if she were there! Quote
idroveallnight Posted June 14, 2024 at 09:35 PM Posted June 14, 2024 at 09:35 PM If she were to sing À Paris she would not appear like she is lipping in the slightest since it is not a vocally taxing song. I hope she will appear in some form even if it means singing PQTME at the closing ceremony. I remember when the Spice Girls sang at the closing ceremony of the London Olympics it was all anyone could talk about and generated a lot of interest for their comeback tour. This would be a nice way to set up Celine’s Vegas return. 1 Quote
scielle Posted June 15, 2024 at 04:40 AM Author Posted June 15, 2024 at 04:40 AM The rumor keeps rumoring -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Quote
kaye2023 Posted June 15, 2024 at 07:52 AM Posted June 15, 2024 at 07:52 AM If she were to sing À Paris she would not appear like she is lipping in the slightest since it is not a vocally taxing song. I hope she will appear in some form even if it means singing PQTME at the closing ceremony. I remember when the Spice Girls sang at the closing ceremony of the London Olympics it was all anyone could talk about and generated a lot of interest for their comeback tour. This would be a nice way to set up Celine’s Vegas return. I don't think it matters as much if the song is not vocally taxing, as they've mentioned she can get an episode doing nothing. I'd be more concerned about her flitting around the stage, and in flats heels. Certainly any potential contract she may have is highly insured in her current situation. Agreed, and good luck with that. If I were an organizer, I honestly wouldn't take the risk, no matter how slim, of ending a spectacular event with a beloved celebrity getting triggered, falling down and smashing her head open on stage, and while live broadcasted all over the world. I wouldn't want that for Céline either. I doubt they'd let her perform sitting on a stool the entire time. Safer, but too somber. (Why, yes, I'm a worrywart. Nice to meet you all lol) If she REALLY wants to return to live performing, it'd have to be baby steps to figure out what triggers her and what works. A grandiose live performance for the Olympics is very different from the baby steps of a Grammys appearance. Reckless, even. It's great people empathize or sympathize with her illness, but I don't want them to pity her to such an undignified degree. 1 Quote
scielle Posted June 15, 2024 at 11:07 AM Author Posted June 15, 2024 at 11:07 AM If she REALLY wants to return to live performing, it'd have to be baby steps to figure out what triggers her and what works. A grandiose live performance for the Olympics is very different from the baby steps of a Grammys appearance. Reckless, even. Agreed. If this were to happen, it would be incredibly stressful for her, and incredibly risky. She said she was nervous about the Grammys, about what could happen. To go out and perform on the biggest stage possible... it really seems like such a stretch. But, the guy interviewed in the clip I posted above keeps doubling down. Who is he, anybody know? A legit journalist? Because what he's saying here seems wild to me:- Keeps doubling down on organizers trying for a "Supbowl-like" halftime show, 10-12 minutes- Would be in both English and French, a hits medley + maybe an original Olympic song (Really? Would the French go for that? And is the world really interested in a 10-min medley of Celine songs in the middle of an Olympic ceremony? I know we are but seems sus.)- He said she hasn't said yes or no but negotiations are ongoing (um... the ceremony is like 40 days away, this stuff takes months to arrange)- Organizers' back-up plan is Dua Lipa with disco producer Cerrone (if the French have a problem with the idea of Celine because she's Quebecois, imagine how well Dua would go down!) In short, finding this all highly suspect. But this is the second interview I've heard with this guy on the topic. Who is this Henry Arnaud? Quote
scielle Posted June 15, 2024 at 11:38 AM Author Posted June 15, 2024 at 11:38 AM P.S. The Cerrone/ Dua Lipa theory -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
No1IrishFan Posted June 15, 2024 at 12:01 PM Posted June 15, 2024 at 12:01 PM P.S. The Cerrone/ Dua Lipa theory -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet I wonder does this mean Celine said no? Quote
scielle Posted June 15, 2024 at 12:05 PM Author Posted June 15, 2024 at 12:05 PM (edited) I wonder does this mean Celine said no?See post directly above. According to this dude being interviewed she’s possibly still in discussions? Thinks chances of her showing up are >50%. But like I said, what he’s suggesting seems highly suspect to me. Anyway, think this is him: https://goldenglobes.com/voting-member/henry-arnaud/ Edited June 15, 2024 at 12:19 PM by scielle Quote
Loup_garou Posted June 15, 2024 at 01:11 PM Posted June 15, 2024 at 01:11 PM P.S. The Cerrone/ Dua Lipa theory -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Well I'm down for a Celine/Cerrone collab anytime Quote
scielle Posted June 16, 2024 at 01:17 AM Author Posted June 16, 2024 at 01:17 AM Thanks! Somehow I never knew about this until recently and haven’t yet gotten around to listening to it. Strip out the weird out-of-place background choir and you’ve got yourself a lovely song! Here for the accordion and she sings it beautifully. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.