Jump to content

Courage World Tour - EU shows CANCELED


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

 

God, I hope not.

One or two classy pieces with Pepe? Fine. Yes, please.

But dancers à la TCWT? Not interested. That was so tacky.

 

It's like Adele said... music for ears, not eyes, please.

 

She could have classical ballet dancers for all I care... they need more than just the orchestra and screens. In music, in shows, in looks, an artist has to reinvent themself. And seriously the only time the show was really different than 'Celine 2011" is the Live 2016 tour, and the last one wasn't even recorded :ranting:

  • Like 4


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
No dancers please 😄

Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017

Posted

Lol when I knew Jamie King was doing the TCWT I was hopeful...

 

When I saw the show, I don't think a dancer would be proud of what they did.

It worked on LCMM & RDMH, the rest was a bit tacky. And I thought a lot was skipped during the tour.

  • Like 2
Posted

 

 

God, I hope not.

One or two classy pieces with Pepe? Fine. Yes, please.

But dancers à la TCWT? Not interested. That was so tacky.

 

It's like Adele said... music for ears, not eyes, please.

 

I can’t agree .... dancers are not tacky especially those on the TCWT and AND. When I watch recent concerts such as Tokyo it is missing dancers for me

 

Kev x

  • Like 7
Posted (edited)
I prefer no dancers. Pepe was fine dancing with her but I don't want background distraction during the concert. I didn't care for it during AND or TC. Just my thoughts. :) Edited by DionFanAlways
  • Like 4
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted (edited)

But it adds the beauty of the show :)

 

I haven’t had the chance to see A new day live but watching it on DVD and some fan footages. It looks amazing. Visuals, dancers, EVERYTHING.

 

Simple shows are best in smaller venues like intimate if you want only to focus on céline’s voice. Ballroom venues like she did back in 2013.

Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

God, I hope not.

One or two classy pieces with Pepe? Fine. Yes, please.

But dancers à la TCWT? Not interested. That was so tacky.

 

It's like Adele said... music for ears, not eyes, please.

 

Maybe that's why EUS don't have any music video

  • Like 2
Posted
I just hope that Celine changes some things in her show, adjust the stage to the stadiums, put some dancers, videos, screens, modern things on stage.
  • Like 2
Posted

I prefer no dancers. Pepe was fine dancing with her but I don't want background distraction during the concert. I didn't care for it during AND or TC. Just my thoughts. :)

 

I LOVED the dancers in AND. The DVD, that aerial view during IDAN. Perfection.

  • Like 6

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

Bring back Terry Bradford to do his ULTRA COOL dancing on "Misled"!

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhJyloRg18U

 

 

And GOD FORBID Celine do that leg hump thing on another tour!

  • Like 4

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

 

 

I can’t agree .... dancers are not tacky especially those on the TCWT and AND. When I watch recent concerts such as Tokyo it is missing dancers for me

 

Kev x

 

Totally agree but we’re British and think very similar, I think.

  • Like 1
Posted

AND looked way too fussy, too much going on with concepts I didn’t really understand for each song but didn’t see it live so cannot comment fully. TCWT was by far my favourite concert visually and I’ve seen her every time she’s been to UK since 1995 but 2017 was my absolute favourite setlist to date but was really like a greatest hits tour so that’s probably why.

 

I hope she takes inspiration from the Katy Perry’s and Lady Gaga’s of this world and puts on a show, if it’s a world tour there’s got to be more than visuals and great lighting.

  • Like 1
Posted

Lol when I knew Jamie King was doing the TCWT I was hopeful...

 

When I saw the show, I don't think a dancer would be proud of what they did.

It worked on LCMM & RDMH, the rest was a bit tacky. And I thought a lot was skipped during the tour.

 

Dancers in TCWT were cringy indeed. But in AND they were very good.

  • Like 4
Posted

Ooh, this is exciting - even if just a rumour!

 

But whatever happens - whether she goes on tour this year or the next or whenever - I would love it if the set list was mostly consisted of songs from the new album (and other never-performed-before songs like they did for Live 2017) rather than the usual 15 songs or so we get at every tour. I mean, of course, some songs are staples and HAVE to be performed no matter what (think 'The Power of Love', 'My Heart Will Go On' and 'Because You Loved Me'), but I feel like every tour so far has essentially been a greatest hits show, you know?

6 May 2008 - London, England / 15 May 2019 - Las Vegas, USA / 3 June 2023 - Nicosia, Cyprus

Posted

 

 

AND looked way too fussy, too much going on with concepts I didn’t really understand for each song but didn’t see it live so cannot comment fully.

 

That's the problem with the DVD... the editing was just wrong and too focussed on Céline as in a normal concert as to AND... the show spectacle! :(

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 2


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

Bring back Terry Bradford to do his ULTRA COOL dancing on "Misled"!

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhJyloRg18U

 

 

And GOD FORBID Celine do that leg hump thing on another tour!

 

Oh boy...Scary Bradford.

  • Like 4

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

To me, AND was by far the best for visual. I've seen the version of 2004 and still remember going out from the colosseum and thinking wow I've just watched the best show in the world. I love the fact that each song has its own theme. I've seen TCWT live too but I hated the 360° center stage. When she went to your side it was amazing but when she went to the other side you missed a lot of her cause the stage was so high. For the dancers, in TCWT they just came out to do their things but for AND they were actors and actresses. They brought the show to another level.

 

I think for this tour I want to see her doing something with dancers + orchestra with the show that has themes that separate the show in to different sections similar to Madonna but in her own way since these two queens are gonna be on the road during the same time in 2019/2020. However whatever she choose to do, I'm definitely gonna be there to support her!

  • Like 4
Posted

To me, AND was by far the best for visual. I've seen the version of 2004 and still remember going out from the colosseum and thinking wow I've just watched the best show in the world. I love the fact that each song has its own theme. I've seen TCWT live too but I hated the 360° center stage. When she went to your side it was amazing but when she went to the other side you missed a lot of her cause the stage was so high. For the dancers, in TCWT they just came out to do their things but for AND they were actors and actresses. They brought the show to another level.

 

I think for this tour I want to see her doing something with dancers + orchestra with the show that has themes that separate the show in to different sections similar to Madonna but in her own way since these two queens are gonna be on the road during the same time in 2019/2020. However whatever she choose to do, I'm definitely gonna be there to support her!

 

I can understand what you’re saying about the TCWT. I personally like to go see a concert 2 or 3 times if I can afford to, and buy different seats each time. It helps me experience the show in a completely different way, each time. I was lucky to see TCWT 3 times. First show from way up high, second time I was one level above the floor, and the third time I was front row by the piano. I really gained a different perspective of each show.

  • Like 3

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

I think Celine should do a show similar to that of Helena Fisher, she joined Cirque Du solei and did an amazing and modern tourne.

If celine is to go out in Tourne it will come with a big stage and a modern show.

 

this link shows some things things about her show

 

https://www.45degrees.com/

  • Like 3
Posted

I think Celine should do a show similar to that of Helena Fisher, she joined Cirque Du solei and did an amazing and modern tourne.

If celine is to go out in Tourne it will come with a big stage and a modern show.

 

this link shows some things things about her show

 

https://www.45degrees.com/

 

As a german I have to say: Please no Helene Fischer Show!! :wacko: :laugh:

  • Like 3
Posted

As a german I have to say: Please no Helene Fischer Show!! :wacko: :laugh:

 

Forget about Helene Fischer, but a collaboration with 45 degrees + Moment Factory would be amazing..... both made in Canada

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

As a german I have to say: Please no Helene Fischer Show!! :wacko: :laugh:

 

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

 

Yes, why would Celine copy her copycat?

Edited by comingback
  • Like 4
Posted

I think Celine should do a show similar to that of Helena Fisher, she joined Cirque Du solei and did an amazing and modern tourne.

If celine is to go out in Tourne it will come with a big stage and a modern show.

 

this link shows some things things about her show

 

https://www.45degrees.com/

you want her to copy the girl that copied her? :)
  • Like 3
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted

I prefer no dancers. Pepe was fine dancing with her but I don't want background distraction during the concert. I didn't care for it during AND or TC. Just my thoughts. :)

 

GASP I thought we were friends! :giggle:

 

AND was the best show ever IMO. I was watching the Power Of Love video today and immediately I thought of the performance during AND :wub:

  • Like 4
Posted

GASP I thought we were friends! :giggle:

 

AND was the best show ever IMO. I was watching the Power Of Love video today and immediately I thought of the performance during AND :wub:

Lol! :mwah:

Don't get me wrong, AND was fantastic!, saw it multiple, multiple, beaucoup, beaucoup times, but it was too busy for me. I will always choose "Celine" over "AND". :)

  • Like 3
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

Lol! :mwah:

Don't get me wrong, AND was fantastic!, saw it multiple, multiple, beaucoup, beaucoup times, but it was too busy for me. I will always choose "Celine" over "AND". :)

 

:winkiss:

 

I much prefer AND. I can't see myself going to Vegas again but if she would to AND type of show again, I'd be there in a heart beat.

  • Like 4
Posted

Lol! :mwah:

Don't get me wrong, AND was fantastic!, saw it multiple, multiple, beaucoup, beaucoup times, but it was too busy for me. I will always choose "Celine" over "AND". :)

 

Too "busy" - that's the perfect way to describe it. INCREDIBLE show, but that's how I always felt. Too much to look at and I felt as though I couldn't take it all in properly. I do wish I could go back in time and see it a few more times though. I miss it, but I still prefer "Celine" as well. Pretty soon I'll be missing both shows! :cry: I really am very excited for what's to come though. Can't wait for official announcements! :clap:

  • Like 4
Posted (edited)
While I watch the dvd of the AND show, I love it very much, but she should never do this again that big, in my opinion. It´s a one in a lifetime thing, altough I´m more than glad she did AND, it´s amazing! But I much prefer the recent show over it, because it suits her much more and it is more a legend show and shows the true legend who she is! Also the TC tour was great and looked more "Celine Dion", but with a very fresh vibe. It´s her best tour ever so far in my opinion. So to spice it up for this rumored tour, which is hopefully focused on the new album, they could do a show with really stunning visuals, a few dancers and catwalks. A classic fresh Celine Dion show, she´s not Madonna and shouldn´t become her, but there a lot of opportunities. I knoe the puplic don´t expect a show like à la Madonna, but... :) just my two cents Edited by ordinary fan
  • Like 1
Posted

I actually hope that they will bring back dancers for a new tour. This orchestra built up with different backdrops all the time has lost it's appeal. They have been using it for 8 years now! Of course I want the orchestra to stay... but they need something new to spice up the concerts. I hope they will work with a great choreographer, like they did with Jamie King for the TCTW. Of course that depends on the mood of the new album too, but something tells me it will be more upbeat than mellow.

For the new tour , I would like a mix of things. Some of the elements of TCWT, the 2016 tour and something completely new. For me having dancers it adds a lot of value. I know we are all there to see her, but adding a story to the songs makes it better.

 

I LOVED the dancers in AND. The DVD, that aerial view during IDAN. Perfection.

One of my favourite parts of AND.

 

AND looked way too fussy, too much going on with concepts I didn't really understand for each song but didn't see it live so cannot comment fully. TCWT was by far my favourite concert visually and I've seen her every time she's been to UK since 1995 but 2017 was my absolute favourite setlist to date but was really like a greatest hits tour so that's probably why.

 

I hope she takes inspiration from the Katy Perry's and Lady Gaga's of this world and puts on a show, if it's a world tour there's got to be more than visuals and great lighting.

The DVD doesn't do any justice to AND. That show is one of the best shows I have ever seen. Everything in it came to life and yes some may have found it busy, but for me it all worked. They wanted a production that was larger than anythig else and that is what they achieved. Seeing it live gave you life and that feeling is what I want for the next show. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed her shows since but AND was another level.
  • Like 5
Instagram: @delphis78

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...