ErwinG Posted January 10, 2017 at 02:11 PM Posted January 10, 2017 at 02:11 PM We are 123 days away from the Grand Final in Kyiv on May 13th ... and I am in the mood for Eurovision!!! I am re-watching ESC 2016 now ... but there have been plenty of news for ESC 2017 already ... Are you ready? 1 Quote
ErwinG Posted January 11, 2017 at 04:12 PM Author Posted January 11, 2017 at 04:12 PM Tomorrow, Thursday 12th January, the 3 finalists of #Eurocasting, the open competition to become a part of Objetivo Eurovisión, the Spanish national Final for the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest, will perform at the final concert. LeKlein with Ouch!!Fruela with Live It Up Javian with No Somos Héroes (We're not heroes) These 3 will present their songs live in a special program tomorrow night - after the performances, a 15-minute voting period will open in which the public (only) will vote for their favorite candidate. The concert, which will feature two tribute performances to the Eurovision Song Contest, will also include the official announcement of the artists names chosen internally by RTVE to compete in Objetivo Eurovisión in February. The chosen one tomorrow will join that list of internally selected names. #Eurocasting was born with the idea of offering to artists and authors not linked to the major record companies in Spain, the possibility of taking part in the Eurovision process. Here I thought that tomorrow we would find out Spain's song, but we actually have to wait until February ... wonder who the other artist will be for Objetivo Eurovision ... My favorite for tomorrow is Javian's No Somos Heroes - but I have a feeling that LeKlein is going to win tomorrow night!!! 1 Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted January 19, 2017 at 06:18 PM Posted January 19, 2017 at 06:18 PM (edited) The first song has already been chosen and, as always, it is ... ALBANIA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90211t4A9wk I heard it a couple of times and still can't remember the melody. Overall, it's nice as long as it is kept in Albanian. Edited January 19, 2017 at 06:20 PM by Jeff Abbott 1 Quote
ErwinG Posted January 20, 2017 at 05:21 PM Author Posted January 20, 2017 at 05:21 PM Georgia and Belarus are choosing their song tonight in their National Final!!! It should be an interesting Friday night with music! Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted January 20, 2017 at 06:41 PM Posted January 20, 2017 at 06:41 PM I'll be glad as long as these two songs from Belarus and Georgia win their national selections. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX2Xjb46YU0 1 Quote
ErwinG Posted January 24, 2017 at 05:24 PM Author Posted January 24, 2017 at 05:24 PM I don't know which songs you are referring to since I am at work ... but based on the results, how glad are you? Quote
celinesounds Posted January 28, 2017 at 09:55 AM Posted January 28, 2017 at 09:55 AM (edited) Portugal is going to participate this year, i hope they chose the right performer, not the right song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JajCDOGhn2s this is our best classified song ever, #6 Edited January 28, 2017 at 09:58 AM by celinesounds 1 Quote #FREEJAVITO
ErwinG Posted January 28, 2017 at 03:18 PM Author Posted January 28, 2017 at 03:18 PM Lucie Jones has won Eurovision: You Decide and will represent the United Kingdom in Kyiv with the song Never Give Up On You. The song was co-written by Emmelie de Forest, who won the Eurovision Song Contest for Denmark in 2013 with the song Only Teardrops. It was not my favorite to win, but I read that she was the best performance last night ... 1 Quote
Henri Posted January 29, 2017 at 12:09 AM Posted January 29, 2017 at 12:09 AM (edited) We chose our song tonight. FINLAND https://youtu.be/PTTQ1zUbpAc I'm pretty happy with this song. Edited January 29, 2017 at 12:10 AM by Henri 1 Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted January 30, 2017 at 09:27 PM Posted January 30, 2017 at 09:27 PM (edited) I don't know which songs you are referring to since I am at work ... but based on the results, how glad are you?I actually like the song chosen by Belarus, when it comes to Georgia, well I like it but it's a bit too shouty for me. So far so good, as they say. Lucie Jones has won Eurovision: You Decide and will represent the United Kingdom in Kyiv with the song Never Give Up On You. The song was co-written by Emmelie de Forest, who won the Eurovision Song Contest for Denmark in 2013 with the song Only Teardrops. It was not my favorite to win, but I read that she was the best performance last night ...I liked Olivia's song much more. But to give Lucie her due, she's got a fantastic voice. We chose our song tonight. FINLAND https://youtu.be/PTTQ1zUbpAc I'm pretty happy with this song. It's hauntingly beautiful, exquisite, charming, stunning and any other lovely adjective I could find. The juries will eat it up, but the public, it might be a totally different story. Still, your country made such a great decision. Edited January 30, 2017 at 09:30 PM by Jeff Abbott Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted January 30, 2017 at 09:35 PM Posted January 30, 2017 at 09:35 PM btw, here's the official logo and graphic design of this year's ESC. http://wiwibloggs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/eurovision-2017-logo-celebrate-diversity-kyiv.jpg Quote
ErwinG Posted January 31, 2017 at 02:50 PM Author Posted January 31, 2017 at 02:50 PM The results of the Semi-Final Allocation Draw First Semi-Final First halfMontenegroFinlandGeorgiaPortugalBelgiumSwedenAlbaniaAzerbaijanAustralia Second halfCyprusSloveniaArmeniaMoldovaCzech RepublicLatviaIcelandGreecePoland Second Semi-Final First halfF.Y.R. MacedoniaMaltaThe NetherlandsSerbiaDenmarkRussiaRomaniaHungaryAustriaIreland Second halfSwitzerlandEstoniaIsraelBulgariaSan MarinoLithuaniaCroatiaNorwayBelarus 1 Quote
ErwinG Posted February 2, 2017 at 04:15 PM Author Posted February 2, 2017 at 04:15 PM 100 days to go until Eurovision 2017!!! :clap: 3 Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted February 3, 2017 at 12:24 AM Posted February 3, 2017 at 12:24 AM 100 days to go until Eurovision 2017!!! :clap: Excited much? 1 Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted February 3, 2017 at 12:26 AM Posted February 3, 2017 at 12:26 AM btw, here's my dream representative from my home country, they submitted this song, hopefully they'll win Polish selection. 1 Quote
ErwinG Posted February 3, 2017 at 04:27 PM Author Posted February 3, 2017 at 04:27 PM Excited much? Oh yes I am ... can' t you tell? 1 Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted February 3, 2017 at 06:35 PM Posted February 3, 2017 at 06:35 PM (edited) ^^^ I kind of can. Have you seen the official stage design? The stage looks so cool. Edited February 3, 2017 at 06:35 PM by Jeff Abbott 1 Quote
ErwinG Posted February 4, 2017 at 01:56 PM Author Posted February 4, 2017 at 01:56 PM btw, here's my dream representative from my home country, they submitted this song, hopefully they'll win Polish selection. This would be a great choice ... hopefully they will win!!! ^^^ I kind of can. Have you seen the official stage design? The stage looks so cool. Yes, it does ... Quote
ErwinG Posted February 4, 2017 at 04:48 PM Author Posted February 4, 2017 at 04:48 PM Btw ... tonight we have the following shows: February 04: Ukrainian National Selection 2017 Semi-Final Hungary A Dal 2017 Third Heat Sweden Melodifestivalen 2017 Semi-Final Lithuania "Eurovizijos" Fifth HeatAnd tomorrow, February 05:Switzerland ESC 2017 – Die Entscheidungsshow National FinalLatvia Supernova 2017 Quarter-Final Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted February 6, 2017 at 08:59 PM Posted February 6, 2017 at 08:59 PM SWITZERLAND Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted February 6, 2017 at 09:00 PM Posted February 6, 2017 at 09:00 PM Btw ... tonight we have the following shows: February 04:Ukrainian National Selection 2017 Semi-FinalHungary A Dal 2017 Third HeatSweden Melodifestivalen 2017 Semi-FinalLithuania "Eurovizijos" Fifth HeatAnd tomorrow, February 05:Switzerland ESC 2017 – Die Entscheidungsshow National FinalLatvia Supernova 2017 Quarter-Finalwhat do you think of the Swiss entry? I have the impression I've already heard this song something like a hundred times. 1 Quote
ErwinG Posted February 7, 2017 at 05:19 PM Author Posted February 7, 2017 at 05:19 PM what do you think of the Swiss entry? I have the impression I've already heard this song something like a hundred times. I know right ... not really into it though! Italy's Sanremo Festival starts tonight too ... can't wait to hear all these songs being performed live and see who wins on Saturday! 1 Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted February 9, 2017 at 04:14 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 04:14 PM (edited) I know right ... not really into it though! Italy's Sanremo Festival starts tonight too ... can't wait to hear all these songs being performed live and see who wins on Saturday!I didn't have time to check all the songs taking part in Sanremo Festival. Still, I wouldn't mind a solid, good quality song from Italia. Edited February 9, 2017 at 04:15 PM by Jeff Abbott 1 Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted February 9, 2017 at 04:14 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 04:14 PM (edited) Delete Edited February 9, 2017 at 04:15 PM by Jeff Abbott Quote
ErwinG Posted February 9, 2017 at 05:11 PM Author Posted February 9, 2017 at 05:11 PM (edited) I just heard the song from Alessio Bernabei - Nel Mezzo di un Applauso I love it! Edited February 9, 2017 at 05:11 PM by ErwinG Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted February 9, 2017 at 05:49 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 05:49 PM ^^^I'll check it out. Quote
ErwinG Posted February 9, 2017 at 05:56 PM Author Posted February 9, 2017 at 05:56 PM France's entry has just been announced:Alma with Requiem 1 Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted February 9, 2017 at 06:08 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 06:08 PM (edited) France's entry has just been announced:Alma with Requiem I haven't heard it yet but the comments are really positive. Edited February 9, 2017 at 06:08 PM by Jeff Abbott Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted February 9, 2017 at 06:11 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 06:11 PM (edited) OMG Edited February 9, 2017 at 06:14 PM by Jeff Abbott 1 Quote
ErwinG Posted February 9, 2017 at 06:18 PM Author Posted February 9, 2017 at 06:18 PM Yes, I like it ... great song! Hopefully she will do a great job live! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.