nuts2you Posted May 4, 2017 at 08:38 PM Posted May 4, 2017 at 08:38 PM Does anybody know if Cordor translated this whole thing , I know its here some where, but cant find it Quote
angelil78 Posted May 4, 2017 at 08:56 PM Posted May 4, 2017 at 08:56 PM He did, Here is his channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA0JFYsUciBJTcn6ntQAXgA/videos but hurry up watching it. It might be taken down.. Quote
scielle Posted May 6, 2017 at 03:24 PM Posted May 6, 2017 at 03:24 PM (edited) I know we've got conversations about this latest Un An Avec Celine show in both the YouTube and the Summer 2016 Tour threads, but imagine this probably belongs best here. From https://www.facebook.com/lafamilledion (page run by either Claudette or Ghislaine, right? I don't remember anymore.) "Le 31 Juillet 2016, une partie de la famille Dion était réunie pour fêter le grand retour de Céline au Québec. En effet, les caméras d'Accès Illimité avait filmé Céline en compagnie de sa maman Thérèse, de son fils René-Charles, de sa tante Jacqueline Tanguay, et de quelques uns de ses frères et soeurs, dont Denise, Michel, Ghislaine et Linda et quelques uns des neveux et nièces, dont Claude et Marilyne. René-Charles était également accompagné de son parrain, Alain, mari de Linda Dion, et de deux de ses amis.Extrait C8 - Un an avec Céline Dion - 04/05/17- Équipe La Famille Dion -" Loved seeing RC so much in the C8 doc. He's all hip 'n' all with his friends (and nice to see the in this doc, too), but in bits like this you can totally see how proud he is of mom. Edited May 6, 2017 at 03:27 PM by scielle Quote
angelil78 Posted May 7, 2017 at 02:30 PM Posted May 7, 2017 at 02:30 PM I know we've got conversations about this latest Un An Avec Celine show in both the YouTube and the Summer 2016 Tour threads, but imagine this probably belongs best here. From https://www.facebook.com/lafamilledion (page run by either Claudette or Ghislaine, right? I don't remember anymore.) "Le 31 Juillet 2016, une partie de la famille Dion était réunie pour fêter le grand retour de Céline au Québec. En effet, les caméras d'Accès Illimité avait filmé Céline en compagnie de sa maman Thérèse, de son fils René-Charles, de sa tante Jacqueline Tanguay, et de quelques uns de ses frères et soeurs, dont Denise, Michel, Ghislaine et Linda et quelques uns des neveux et nièces, dont Claude et Marilyne. René-Charles était également accompagné de son parrain, Alain, mari de Linda Dion, et de deux de ses amis.Extrait C8 - Un an avec Céline Dion - 04/05/17- Équipe La Famille Dion -" Loved seeing RC so much in the C8 doc. He's all hip 'n' all with his friends (and nice to see the in this doc, too), but in bits like this you can totally see how proud he is of mom. It's run by Ghislaine Oh yeah he's for sure proud of his mom. And Céline said that when he invites his friends to see her in concert, then he must be proud 1 Quote
scielle Posted May 7, 2017 at 02:41 PM Posted May 7, 2017 at 02:41 PM It's run by Ghislaine Oh yeah he's for sure proud of his mom. And Céline said that when he invites his friends to see her in concert, then he must be proud Ah, thanks. She's been active lately! (Guess she's doing much better!!) And one of my favorite bits of that latest Un an avec Celine doc from this past week was seeing RC in the audience at the Montreal show (was he getting teary-eyed?) and his friend beside him going "wow". 2 Quote
maria_k Posted May 7, 2017 at 05:23 PM Posted May 7, 2017 at 05:23 PM beautiful family http://s019.radikal.ru/i619/1705/b3/9875f34f25ac.jpg http://s11.radikal.ru/i183/1705/12/8ef627672ae3.jpghttp://s016.radikal.ru/i337/1705/d6/f5dcc4222012.jpg 3 Quote
Cafe67 Posted May 7, 2017 at 07:22 PM Posted May 7, 2017 at 07:22 PM (edited) Ah, thanks. She's been active lately! (Guess she's doing much better!!) And one of my favorite bits of that latest Un an avec Celine doc from this past week was seeing RC in the audience at the Montreal show (was he getting teary-eyed?) and his friend beside him going "wow". I've not seen this. Can you tell me which clip this is from? Edited May 7, 2017 at 07:25 PM by Cafe67 Quote
scielle Posted May 7, 2017 at 07:26 PM Posted May 7, 2017 at 07:26 PM I've not seen this. Can you tell me which clip this is from? http://www.celinedionforum.com/topic/53747-post-youtube-links-you-want-to-share-here/page__st__11250#entry2241774 1 Quote
celinelover03 Posted May 8, 2017 at 04:52 PM Posted May 8, 2017 at 04:52 PM For anyone who speaks French, does anyone know if RC has an accent when he speaks? On twitter I noticed a fan shared the clip of RC being interviewed at the concert and someone responded with "son accent", so I'm just wondering if he doesn't sound like an authentic speaker when he speaks? I always thought he did, or at least I assumed he did, just because that was his first language and he seems to have a french accent when he speaks English! Quote Et je t'aime encore, comme dans les chansons banales...
dyusha Posted May 8, 2017 at 05:21 PM Posted May 8, 2017 at 05:21 PM For anyone who speaks French, does anyone know if RC has an accent when he speaks? On twitter I noticed a fan shared the clip of RC being interviewed at the concert and someone responded with "son accent", so I'm just wondering if he doesn't sound like an authentic speaker when he speaks? I always thought he did, or at least I assumed he did, just because that was his first language and he seems to have a french accent when he speaks English! From the very few times I've heard him speak I can tell he sounds exactly like Celine, which is a mixture of Montréal and French Canadian country accent Quote I'll always be with you
Javito Posted May 8, 2017 at 07:09 PM Posted May 8, 2017 at 07:09 PM Yes! Now that it's (almost) done with Céline's accent, bring it on with her son, René-Charles!! :w00t: Really... :wacko: :wacko: 3 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
québecflower Posted May 8, 2017 at 07:45 PM Posted May 8, 2017 at 07:45 PM From the very few times I've heard him speak I can tell he sounds exactly like Celine, which is a mixture of Montréal and French Canadian country accentjust for imformation, do you speak french, and what do you know about the different accent in Québec , Montreal vs french candian "country" accent(what is that) ? 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
celinelover03 Posted May 8, 2017 at 10:09 PM Posted May 8, 2017 at 10:09 PM (edited) Yes! Now that it's (almost) done with Céline's accent, bring it on with her son, René-Charles!! :w00t: Really... :wacko: :wacko: LOL, come on...it's a valid question. I'm just curious because I'm a bilingual teen myself, growing up in America and I have an accent when I speak my other language (Spanish) but no accent when I speak English, as I definitely speak it more with my peers, even though I don't speak it at home as much. I just like to see how other people may have different situations, especially because RC had a different upbringing since he was homeschooled, meaning he really didn't get much social interaction compared to other 1st generation kids in America where they could easily pick up on the English language and the American accent. Edited May 8, 2017 at 10:09 PM by celinelover03 Quote Et je t'aime encore, comme dans les chansons banales...
celinelover03 Posted May 8, 2017 at 10:10 PM Posted May 8, 2017 at 10:10 PM LOL, come on...it's a valid question. I'm just curious because I'm a bilingual teen myself growing up in America and I have an accent when I speak my other language (Spanish) but no accent when I speak English, as I definitely speak it more with my peers, even though I don't speak it at home as much. I just like to see how other people may have different situations, especially because RC had a different upbringing since he was homeschooled, meaning he really didn't get much social interaction compared to other 1st generation kids in America where they could easily pick up on the English language and the American accent. Quote Et je t'aime encore, comme dans les chansons banales...
Condor Posted May 8, 2017 at 11:09 PM Posted May 8, 2017 at 11:09 PM As a French speaking Quebecer myself,my accent is "light" compared to the one of the whole Dion family.It is similar to René's which differed from the rest of the Dion family too. RC speaks with the the same strong accent as Céline's and Maman Dion's. 2 Quote
dyusha Posted May 11, 2017 at 03:11 AM Posted May 11, 2017 at 03:11 AM just for imformation, do you speak french, and what do you know about the different accent in Québec , Montreal vs french candian "country" accent(what is that) ? I actually wrote a thesis on different types of French accentsBased on my research Canadian pronounciation is influenced by modern French trends, as well as archaic (historic) sounds and anglicisms. In Montréal in particular they use fricatives (attribute of an anglicism) more than elsewhere, while in rural areas they stretch the vowels and use diphtongs. They also use outdated sounds like nasal œ and deep ã's Both Céline and RC seem to fit that description Quote I'll always be with you
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 11, 2017 at 08:04 AM Posted May 11, 2017 at 08:04 AM Ok so I'm adding Spanish subtitles to Un An Avec Céline Dion and I noticed something weird a couple of days ago: The thing is that at 25:05, she says On n'avait pas un cent (We didn't have a cent). At 54:04 here (exactly the same scene), she says On n'avait pas de budget (We had no budget). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXBL6p6C90U I guess she originally said cent but, since it's an English word, the production team of Un An Avec Céline Dion decided to replace that word. Isn't that weird? I mean, it would have been way more logical to subtitle it or something, right? 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Javito Posted May 11, 2017 at 08:12 AM Posted May 11, 2017 at 08:12 AM OMG :eek: Good eye, Carlos. Now I'm not surprised we got those so-extremely-to-death edited Taking Chances World Tour DVDs, if they're capable of doing this Seriously I can't believe they take the trouble and time to do such trifle details and they're not able to give us a DVD of the past summer tour . What's wrong with them, really? 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Condor Posted May 11, 2017 at 01:46 PM Posted May 11, 2017 at 01:46 PM Ok so I'm adding Spanish subtitles to Un An Avec Céline Dion and I noticed something weird a couple of days ago: The thing is that at 25:05, she says On n'avait pas un cent (We didn't have a cent). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i1o-in-Tno At 54:04 here (exactly the same scene), she says On n'avait pas de budget (We had no budget). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXBL6p6C90U I guess she originally said cent but, since it's an English word, the production team of Un An Avec Céline Dion decided to replace that word. Isn't that weird? I mean, it would have been way more logical to subtitle it or something, right? At 25:05,Céline says in reality "On n'avait pas une "cenne" which is a way Quebecers pronounce "cent" when they mean pennies.The reason is that in French "cent" is pronounced exactly like "sans" (without) when it means one hundred. 2 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 11, 2017 at 05:57 PM Posted May 11, 2017 at 05:57 PM At 25:05,Céline says in reality "On n'avait pas une "cenne" which is a way Quebecers pronounce "cent" when they mean pennies.The reason is that in French "cent" is pronounced exactly like "sans" (without) when it means one hundred. Oh now I got it! Thanks for making it clear Condor, I just love the Quebecois accent. 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
angelil78 Posted May 11, 2017 at 06:01 PM Posted May 11, 2017 at 06:01 PM At 25:05,Céline says in reality "On n'avait pas une "cenne" which is a way Quebecers pronounce "cent" when they mean pennies.The reason is that in French "cent" is pronounced exactly like "sans" (without) when it means one hundred. I know the new channel is only for short videos and older stuff. But could you maybe possible translate the parts that were not in the interviews/videos you have on the old site? Quote
Condor Posted May 11, 2017 at 07:00 PM Posted May 11, 2017 at 07:00 PM Oh now I got it! Thanks for making it clear Condor, I just love the Quebecois accent. You're welcome.It's good to clarify the Québécois accent that we inherited from the first French settlers who,in majority came from the region of La Rochelle, France.This part of France is called 'Bretagne" and the accent the people in Bretagne (called Bretons) have,resembles much ours.And...they're known to be stubborn like we are LOL.In France,there are many accents depending on the region.There's even an accent in Paris alone.I don't know much about accents in other European countries,but it must be the same thing since in the USA there are many different accents 2 Quote
Condor Posted May 11, 2017 at 07:29 PM Posted May 11, 2017 at 07:29 PM I know the new channel is only for short videos and older stuff. But could you maybe possible translate the parts that were not in the interviews/videos you have on the old site? The thing is this video has been on YT since May 5th and there's still a possibility it'll be deleted by YT at the request of he producers.In such case CelineFan will get a strike on his\her channel.If I edit the video and post the parts I haven't translated already,I could also get a strike on the new channel,Condor 2.That's not a good way to start a channel you want it to last,is it? If I post the video on my old channel,Condor 1 and get a strike,it'll be strike 2 on this channel.There are 99 videos over there and if YT starts scanning the channel,they could find a reason to give me another strike.Strike 3,you're out! The safest thing to do is wait.If after many months,maybe even a year,the new videos are still there,the possibility of getting a strike for a copyright issue will be gone.Think of En Direct de l'Univers.When I posted a short 5 minutes of it with subtitles soon after it aired the first time,YT deleted it and gave me a strike for 3 months.Radio-Canada aired the show a second time during the Holidays and since then, it's on YT with no problems. 2 Quote
slk9683 Posted May 11, 2017 at 07:47 PM Posted May 11, 2017 at 07:47 PM Would you be able to translate and make it a file to download on here? Instead of putting it on YouTube? Also just wanted to add how greatly I appreciate all the wonderful videos you have done. I watch them all the time!!The thing is this video has been on YT since May 5th and there's still a possibility it'll be deleted by YT at the request of he producers.In such case CelineFan will get a strike on his\her channel.If I edit the video and post the parts I haven't translated already,I could also get a strike on the new channel,Condor 2.That's not a good way to start a channel you want it to last,is it? If I post the video on my old channel,Condor 1 and get a strike,it'll be strike 2 on this channel.There are 99 videos over there and if YT starts scanning the channel,they could find a reason to give me another strike.Strike 3,you're out! The safest thing to do is wait.If after many months,maybe even a year,the new videos are still there,the possibility of getting a strike for a copyright issue will be gone.Think of En Direct de l'Univers.When I posted a short 5 minutes of it with subtitles soon after it aired the first time,YT deleted it and gave me a strike for 3 months.Radio-Canada aired the show a second time during the Holidays and since then, it's on YT with no problems. Quote
Condor Posted May 11, 2017 at 07:54 PM Posted May 11, 2017 at 07:54 PM Would you be able to translate and make it a file to download on here? Instead of putting it on YouTube? Also just wanted to add how greatly I appreciate all the wonderful videos you have done. I watch them all the time!! I never knew a video could be directly downloaded on this channel.I thought videos could only be linked.How and where do we download a video here? Quote
québecflower Posted May 11, 2017 at 07:57 PM Posted May 11, 2017 at 07:57 PM I actually wrote a thesis on different types of French accentsBased on my research Canadian pronounciation is influenced by modern French trends, as well as archaic (historic) sounds and anglicisms.In Montréal in particular they use fricatives (attribute of an anglicism) more than elsewhere, while in rural areas they stretch the vowels and use diphtongs. They also use outdated sounds like nasal œ and deep ã's Both Céline and RC seem to fit that descriptionthey have the country accent...as you put it, nothing to do with the word joual , your thesis would be more complete with that term. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Del Posted May 11, 2017 at 08:15 PM Posted May 11, 2017 at 08:15 PM You're welcome.It's good to clarify the Québécois accent that we inherited from the first French settlers who,in majority came from the region of La Rochelle, France.This part of France is called 'Bretagne" and the accent the people in Bretagne (called Bretons) have,resembles much ours.And...they're known to be stubborn like we are LOL.In France,there are many accents depending on the region.There's even an accent in Paris alone.I don't know much about accents in other European countries,but it must be the same thing since in the USA there are many different accents I think in most places accent varies per region. I mean look at the difference in the accent from Quebec to New Brunswick and even in Nova Scotia the French accent changes depending on the region you are in. 1 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Condor Posted May 11, 2017 at 08:55 PM Posted May 11, 2017 at 08:55 PM I think in most places accent varies per region. I mean look at the difference in the accent from Quebec to New Brunswick and even in Nova Scotia the French accent changes depending on the region you are in. The accent of people of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia is totally fifferent from ours.They have lots of anglicisms in their speech and we often don't understand their colorful expressions. Incidently, Anglophones in Montreal who are fluent in French - about 75% of them - speak their native English with lots of gallicisms i.e. litteral translations from French.For instance, they'll say "Close the lights when you leave the room" and "Open the TV, I want to watch the game." Quote
angelil78 Posted May 11, 2017 at 10:16 PM Posted May 11, 2017 at 10:16 PM The thing is this video has been on YT since May 5th and there's still a possibility it'll be deleted by YT at the request of he producers.In such case CelineFan will get a strike on his\her channel.If I edit the video and post the parts I haven't translated already,I could also get a strike on the new channel,Condor 2.That's not a good way to start a channel you want it to last,is it? If I post the video on my old channel,Condor 1 and get a strike,it'll be strike 2 on this channel.There are 99 videos over there and if YT starts scanning the channel,they could find a reason to give me another strike.Strike 3,you're out! The safest thing to do is wait.If after many months,maybe even a year,the new videos are still there,the possibility of getting a strike for a copyright issue will be gone.Think of En Direct de l'Univers.When I posted a short 5 minutes of it with subtitles soon after it aired the first time,YT deleted it and gave me a strike for 3 months.Radio-Canada aired the show a second time during the Holidays and since then, it's on YT with no problems. Yeah I get your point and you are correct. I'd rather wait, like wiht En Direct de l'Univers. No way I want to risk them closing the channel(s) 1 Quote
slk9683 Posted May 11, 2017 at 11:38 PM Posted May 11, 2017 at 11:38 PM I never knew a video could be directly downloaded on this channel.I thought videos could only be linked.How and where do we download a video here? I'm not sure exactly how....but in the Celine Multimedia section people in the past have submitted video files that other uses can download. Usually you need to be a member here and reply to the topic in order to put in a password to download. It's great for fans that are first discovering different performances from years ago. As for the actual how... I'm not very tech savy but maybe another member who has done posted a video could be of more help. Again thanks for all the effort you put in to helping other fans. I have watched this show on YouTube 3 times without understanding, there's just something about it... very compelling to watch, it would be even better if you were able to find away to translate. If not, then I'll just enjoy all the other wonderful videos you've shared!! 😀 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.