LukeD Posted August 23, 2016 at 08:21 AM Posted August 23, 2016 at 08:21 AM (edited) I love the preview of this song! Sounds like the dynamic, modern ballad that has been missing from so many Celine releases. Promising single material too IMO! Edited August 23, 2016 at 08:22 AM by LukeD 2 Quote
I Drove All Night! Posted August 23, 2016 at 12:35 PM Posted August 23, 2016 at 12:35 PM Ma Faille and A Vous are the only leaked clips I've listened to (other than the live versions of Ordinaire and ALPHB, obvs). Ma Faille sounds AMAZING... the ohhhhhoh, ohhhhhoh, ohohoh reminds me of Incredible a little bit but I'm expecting the full song to far surpass Incredible in greatness. Can not wait!!! 1 Quote
Moleque20 Posted August 26, 2016 at 06:06 PM Author Posted August 26, 2016 at 06:06 PM Nein nein nein. Innovative and catchy song, but boring and poor. Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
anewdayhascome Posted August 26, 2016 at 06:22 PM Posted August 26, 2016 at 06:22 PM It's a great song and a PERFECT song for a soundtrack/movie, it has this build-up... but I don't think it would work well on the radio... But live during the concert? Big YES! Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
tomier Posted August 26, 2016 at 06:47 PM Posted August 26, 2016 at 06:47 PM Love it, very good addition to the album. (so many topics, impossible to keep up during a new album release! lol) 1 Quote
garçon Posted August 26, 2016 at 06:47 PM Posted August 26, 2016 at 06:47 PM To me the biggest surprise on the album. Absolutely an exquisite song. Great vocals, arrangements, lyrics and original sound. 2 Quote
contre5nature Posted August 26, 2016 at 07:51 PM Posted August 26, 2016 at 07:51 PM I love how she sings "bataille"!!! I love how she sings "seras"!!!! Quote
Matias Posted August 26, 2016 at 07:58 PM Posted August 26, 2016 at 07:58 PM I wish this is the next single!!! 1 Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
Caledor Posted August 27, 2016 at 04:25 PM Posted August 27, 2016 at 04:25 PM I wonder what she does with her voice... She seems not to pronounciate the words properly ...The same goes with the other Zaho songs. She seems to take a little and feeble voice and not her real powerful voice.Like she does not breathe and use the air properly.This song could sound great if the unleashes her power. Quote 29.11.2013 Paris Bercy: Sans attendre... the wait is over !
scielle Posted August 27, 2016 at 04:29 PM Posted August 27, 2016 at 04:29 PM I wonder what she does with her voice... She seems not to pronounciate the words properly ...The same goes with the other Zaho songs. She seems to take a little and feeble voice and not her real powerful voice.Like she does not breathe and use the air properly.This song could sound great if the unleashes her power. Yeah, that's my problem with the Zaho written / produced songs. They take a fabulous voice and squander it. What on earth possessed them to do that?! Celine, of all people, does not need any vocal tinkering. These forcible attempts at trying to sound 'modern' just come off as ridiculous. Why?!The production on all those tunes is atrocious IMHO. 1 Quote
ryba Posted August 27, 2016 at 04:35 PM Posted August 27, 2016 at 04:35 PM (edited) I definitely prefer Tu Sauras for a second single, it's much better and she never released a smashing song like Tu Sauras, so it's about time. Stop playing it safe girlfren, and just go for it this time! Edited August 27, 2016 at 04:37 PM by ryba Quote
garçon Posted August 27, 2016 at 05:22 PM Posted August 27, 2016 at 05:22 PM Yeah, that's my problem with the Zaho written / produced songs. They take a fabulous voice and squander it. What on earth possessed them to do that?! Celine, of all people, does not need any vocal tinkering. These forcible attempts at trying to sound 'modern' just come off as ridiculous. Why?!The production on all those tunes is atrocious IMHO. IMO she lays so much authenticity in the reading, singing/pronouncing, of the words. She's an interpreter more than just 'a big voice'. Besides, here she adds a new sound to her discography. 1 Quote
Ad3line Posted August 28, 2016 at 12:59 PM Posted August 28, 2016 at 12:59 PM (edited) Well, If I can help.. here's the lyrics from the preview: Tes gestes, tes soupirsYour gestures, your sighsJe saurai les lireI would read themPour enfin trouver les mots (les mots).To finally find the words (the words).Qui pourront maudireWho can curseA jamais bannirFor ever banishLes chimères qui nous collent à la peau.The chimeras that stick us to the skin.Tu seras ma batailleYou'll be my battleMon armure, ma failleMy armor, my weaknessJ’en ferais des montagnes(Idk how to translate it, it means something like "i'd do my best")Pour t’éviter les chaos d’un monde en pagaille.To spare you the chaos of a messy world. Correction: It's "les K-O" and not "les chaos" Edited August 28, 2016 at 01:05 PM by Ad3line Quote http://oi66.tinypic.com/2vwegcz.jpg
Ad3line Posted August 28, 2016 at 01:47 PM Posted August 28, 2016 at 01:47 PM (edited) Ma Faille (Lyrics) Que nos éclats de rire en rafale / Our bursts of laughter in gustPour chasser l’ennui et le mal / To relieve boredom and evilLoin des châtiments, des morales / Far from the punishments, the moralsTant que ton cœur et le mien s’emballent / As long as your heart and mine are racingTes gestes, tes soupirs / Your gestures, your sighsJe saurai les lire / I would read themPour enfin trouver les mots, les mots / To finally find the words, the wordsQui pourront maudire / Who can curseA jamais bannir / For ever banishLes chimères qui nous collent à la peau / The chimeras that stick us to the skin. Tu seras ma bataille / You'll be my battleMon armure, ma faille / My armor, my weaknessEt j’en ferais des montagnes / (Idk how to translate it, it means something like "And i'd do my best")Pour t’éviter les K.O d’un monde en pagaille / To spare you the K.O of a messy worldOh oh oh ohMon armure, ma faille / My armor, my weaknessEt j’en ferais des montagnes / (Idk how to translate it, it means something like "And i'd do my best")Pour t’éviter les K.O d’un monde en pagaille / To spare you the K.O of a messy world Si parfois nos âmes se rebellent / If sometimes our souls are rebellingEt se perdent comme le chant des sirènes / And get lost as the sirens's songLe jeu en vaut bien la chandelle, oh / The game is worth it, ohCar la vie n’a jamais été si belle / Because life has never been so beautifulTant pis si la chance nous tourne le dos / So what if luck turns its back on usOn sourira pour de faux, de faux / We'll smile for fake, fake (Fake a smile)Pour enfin maudire / To finally curseA jamais bannir / For ever banishCes chimères qui nous collent à la peau. / Those chimeras that stick us to the skin. I apologize for any mistakes, feel free to correct me Edited August 28, 2016 at 01:47 PM by Ad3line 2 Quote http://oi66.tinypic.com/2vwegcz.jpg
DionFanAlways Posted August 28, 2016 at 04:00 PM Posted August 28, 2016 at 04:00 PM On sourira pour de faux. So true during this time in her/their life. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Matias Posted August 28, 2016 at 04:34 PM Posted August 28, 2016 at 04:34 PM (edited) Ma faille would be an amazing second single..Tu Sauras sounds like a One Heart reject in French LOL Edited August 28, 2016 at 04:34 PM by Matias Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
sfbaysinger Posted August 29, 2016 at 01:51 AM Posted August 29, 2016 at 01:51 AM Not sure I'd go that far, lol but I'd love to see this as the next single. Also think it would do well in a film, agree with whoever said that! 1 Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
québecflower Posted August 29, 2016 at 02:03 AM Posted August 29, 2016 at 02:03 AM Not sure I'd go that far, lol but I'd love to see this as the next single. Also think it would do well in a film, agree with whoever said that!that song stays in our head.. 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
sfbaysinger Posted August 29, 2016 at 02:11 AM Posted August 29, 2016 at 02:11 AM Like I said in another topic, Ma Faille and Les Yeux Au Ciel are battling it out in my head. Tu Sauras gets in there occasionally, which is weird cuz it's one of my least favorites on the album, and others get in sometimes. But Ma Faille is stuck in my mind, yes. Oui Oui!!!! D'accord!!!! Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
stone Posted August 29, 2016 at 04:23 AM Posted August 29, 2016 at 04:23 AM It's the one I like best out of the 3 Zaho songs but these three songs are the ones I like least. It's overproduced and I don't know maybe I just don't like Zaho? I hope L'etoile or Les Yeux Au Ciel become the next singles from the album. 1 Quote
lyn Posted August 30, 2016 at 12:57 AM Posted August 30, 2016 at 12:57 AM So.. when she says 'ma faille' here,.. is she talking about being too weak to fight the battle sometimes (e.g. "i regret my weakness"? or is she referring to René being her weakness (e.g. "i love you so much you're my weakness)? 1 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
MaiconSC Posted August 30, 2016 at 02:41 AM Posted August 30, 2016 at 02:41 AM So.. when she says 'ma faille' here,.. is she talking about being too weak to fight the battle sometimes (e.g. "i regret my weakness"? or is she referring to René being her weakness (e.g. "i love you so much you're my weakness)? I think it's the second option... To me the whole song is about a "war", and when you love too much a person, it can become your weakness... She says "I'd move mountains to prevent you from the knockouts of a world in chaos", so if the person she loves is hurt, she could be so fragile that she would lost the war... That's the way I interpret the song. 1 Quote
lyn Posted August 30, 2016 at 02:56 AM Posted August 30, 2016 at 02:56 AM haha i'm starting to find the lyrics for this so strange. like "I love you so much that i want to fight for you.. but loving you so much makes me weak.. So, too bad we're going to lose this. It's all your fault." it just seems like such a hopeless (and therefore pointless) anthem I guess that's kind of its charm though.. the idea that love kind of makes you crazy and you don't know what you're fighting or what battle you're even it but what the heck YAY! FIGHT! LOVE! Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
MaiconSC Posted August 30, 2016 at 03:13 AM Posted August 30, 2016 at 03:13 AM haha i'm starting to find the lyrics for this so strange. like "I love you so much that i want to fight for you.. but loving you so much makes me weak.. So, too bad we're going to lose this. It's all your fault." it just seems like such a hopeless (and therefore pointless) anthem I guess that's kind of its charm though.. the idea that love kind of makes you crazy and you don't know what you're fighting or what battle you're even it but what the heck YAY! FIGHT! LOVE! Yeah, it's kinda paradoxical, but isn't life just like this after all? LOLRené was fighting this last years, and Celine was fighting with him in a certain way... And even she tried to show herself strong for her children, we all know she suffered. 1 Quote
anewdayhascome Posted August 30, 2016 at 09:51 AM Posted August 30, 2016 at 09:51 AM It's a great song. As I said earlier, perfect for a soundtrack. I wanted to ask about the lyrics. Is it me or she doesn't sing what is in the lyrics: "Tu seras ma bataille" I hear either Tu seras ma faille or Tu seras bataille. It's definitely not Tu seras ma bataille... Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
MaiconSC Posted August 30, 2016 at 09:56 AM Posted August 30, 2016 at 09:56 AM (edited) It's a great song. As I said earlier, perfect for a soundtrack. I wanted to ask about the lyrics. Is it me or she doesn't sing what is in the lyrics: "Tu seras ma bataille" I hear either Tu seras ma faille or Tu seras bataille. It's definitely not Tu seras ma bataille... I think her pronunciation is so fast that is hard to hear the "ma"... The same for "Tu"... I hear something like "T-seras"... Edited August 30, 2016 at 09:59 AM by MaiconSC 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted August 30, 2016 at 10:06 AM Posted August 30, 2016 at 10:06 AM I think her pronunciation is so fast that is hard to hear the "ma"... The same for "Tu"... I hear something like "T-seras"...Yes, I can't hear it at all. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
ehild Posted August 30, 2016 at 11:22 AM Posted August 30, 2016 at 11:22 AM Like I said in another topic, Ma Faille and Les Yeux Au Ciel are battling it out in my head. Tu Sauras gets in there occasionally, which is weird cuz it's one of my least favorites on the album, and others get in sometimes. But Ma Faille is stuck in my mind, yes. Oui Oui!!!! D'accord!!!!These 2 and Ma Force are my favorites. They keep battling in my head too! 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Matias Posted August 30, 2016 at 05:41 PM Posted August 30, 2016 at 05:41 PM It's a great song. As I said earlier, perfect for a soundtrack. I wanted to ask about the lyrics. Is it me or she doesn't sing what is in the lyrics: "Tu seras ma bataille" I hear either Tu seras ma faille or Tu seras bataille. It's definitely not Tu seras ma bataille... The same happened to me! I can't hear the "ma" she goes directly to "tu seras bataille" she sings it toooo fast! LOL Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
Frozen_Phoenix Posted August 30, 2016 at 09:59 PM Posted August 30, 2016 at 09:59 PM I think this will go down in the history of my personal favourites of Celine.I love everything about this song. The rhythm is fantastic, the energy of the words that Zaho has chosen and especially the sound of those words.The song sounds very exotic and special to me. Quote Et la vie glisse sur l'eau du tempsLa vie resiste, prend son elanPour un baiser elle peut se poserLe temps qui compte est toujours compte http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/ARMOIT/celinechances-1.png
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.