Nmj Posted May 8, 2015 at 01:38 AM Posted May 8, 2015 at 01:38 AM I loved this look! I don't get why many fans thought it was horrible. I LOVE Celine obviously, but I'll tell you why it's because she's looked like a golden wax statue that happened to have wrinkles, didn't flatter her at all. All in all that hairstyle(golden) and the spray tan would have looked a lot better in a black, white even a lavender colored dress. Annie Horth attempted but there final product when all combined ( dress, hair, skin & makeup) lacked as a whole 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 8, 2015 at 02:01 AM Posted May 8, 2015 at 02:01 AM I LOVE Celine obviously, but I'll tell you why it's because she's looked like a golden wax statue that happened to have wrinkles, didn't flatter her at all. All in all that hairstyle(golden) and the spray tan would have looked a lot better in a black, white even a lavender colored dress. Annie Horth attempted but there final product when all combined ( dress, hair, skin & makeup) lacked as a whole I can see your point of view but we will agree to disagree Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 8, 2015 at 04:38 AM Posted May 8, 2015 at 04:38 AM I thought the dress had a gladiator like feel to it. It was sexy. She came out looking like Vegas' own warrior princess. 3 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
celinelover03 Posted May 8, 2015 at 05:55 AM Posted May 8, 2015 at 05:55 AM This notion that Celine can't or shouldn't do social media herself is absurd. Cher, a woman who is older than Celine, a woman who has dyslexia, is able to figure out how to use Twitter. Also, for Celine to say that all she would be tweeting about is that she's at a gas station is ridiculous. She could easily tweet things, in English or French, like the following:"Getting ready for sound check. I can't wait to see all of you tonight!""Just arrived at Billboard Music Awards!""Found myself thinking of [insert song title here] after years of not singing it. Maybe I'll perform it again soon?""At recording studio for a new song. I hope you like it when it gets released!"All of those take a grand total of 1-2 minutes to type and post to Twitter. Is social media a "requirement" as a singer/entertainer? No. However, it sure does make one seem more personable, approachable and less of a diva when one gets more directly involved their fans. Yes, that does make sense but I don't think it's a matter of her not knowing how to tweet and do things like that...but she simply just doesn't want to tweet. She said on Access Hollywood in 2013 that she finds it ridiculous because she said that she isn't going to tweet that she's stuck in traffic. Like she finds it completely pointless. I figured that if she was more open on media and actually posted things herself...she would not only get more publicity but a lot more followers on twitter per say, but we can't force her to do that. She may not know how to tweet or do things like that, but if she really ABSOLUTELY wanted to, then she would learn how to do it and would be eager to do so. I think that her team is aware that a singer who posts things on social media can receive more attention and what not, so they are obviously trying their best to tweet and announce things, because if you haven't noticed already, they have been posting a lot more exclusive things than before. She obviously just isn't interested in it. 4 Quote Et je t'aime encore, comme dans les chansons banales...
celinelover03 Posted May 8, 2015 at 05:56 AM Posted May 8, 2015 at 05:56 AM Oh and I like Celine's look at billboard music awards in 2013 because she looks a lot mature there. It suits her really well. 2 Quote Et je t'aime encore, comme dans les chansons banales...
CSCfan Posted May 8, 2015 at 10:18 AM Posted May 8, 2015 at 10:18 AM Yes, that does make sense but I don't think it's a matter of her not knowing how to tweet and do things like that...but she simply just doesn't want to tweet. She said on Access Hollywood in 2013 that she finds it ridiculous because she said that she isn't going to tweet that she's stuck in traffic. Like she finds it completely pointless. I figured that if she was more open on media and actually posted things herself...she would not only get more publicity but a lot more followers on twitter per say, but we can't force her to do that. She may not know how to tweet or do things like that, but if she really ABSOLUTELY wanted to, then she would learn how to do it and would be eager to do so. I think that her team is aware that a singer who posts things on social media can receive more attention and what not, so they are obviously trying their best to tweet and announce things, because if you haven't noticed already, they have been posting a lot more exclusive things than before. She obviously just isn't interested in it. Exactly....deal with it. 2 Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
artistman2007 Posted May 8, 2015 at 12:09 PM Posted May 8, 2015 at 12:09 PM Sorry , but I don't want miss celine elegant dion to be one of those teenagers who tweets all the time ,it's just not herself and I'm with her on that ,respect 1 Quote
LukeD Posted May 8, 2015 at 12:22 PM Posted May 8, 2015 at 12:22 PM I thought the dress had a gladiator like feel to it. It was sexy. She came out looking like Vegas' own warrior princess.Who had just had a fight given the fact her hair looked like they were done in a hurry. 1 Quote
Julian Posted May 8, 2015 at 02:25 PM Posted May 8, 2015 at 02:25 PM Come on stop that Twitter waste-of-time-discussion.... She's the biggest singer on earth, why should she e.v.e.r do TWITTER POSTS?!!?! Mais allo quoi! The woman has other things to do - also during her break and especially with 3 children and an husband who battles with cancer. Twitter... phah! 2 Quote
celinesounds Posted May 8, 2015 at 03:17 PM Posted May 8, 2015 at 03:17 PM (edited) She hasn't got a new single! And it's already been announced she's presenting. Not performing. Sadly. she can put a single/song anytime out, her last album has 13 songs + 2 deluxe edition + 1 japonese only 4 songs were released as a single in some place why not come with a Classic song like Thankful or Always be your girl both are very Celine old style and could work being singing in the billboards Also she can do a medley of her best ballads or a mix C'est etais que reve/ I surrender/ My Love/ Thankful/ Somebody loves somebody a cause/where does my hear beat now/because you loved me/ didn't know love/that the way it is Edited May 8, 2015 at 03:23 PM by celinesounds Quote #FREEJAVITO
celine4evauk Posted May 8, 2015 at 03:58 PM Posted May 8, 2015 at 03:58 PM she can put a single/song anytime out, her last album has 13 songs + 2 deluxe edition + 1 japonese only 4 songs were released as a single in some place why not come with a Classic song like Thankful or Always be your girl both are very Celine old style and could work being singing in the billboards Also she can do a medley of her best ballads or a mix C'est etais que reve/ I surrender/ My Love/ Thankful/ Somebody loves somebody a cause/where does my hear beat now/because you loved me/ didn't know love/that the way it is I never said "she couldn't " lol 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 8, 2015 at 04:53 PM Posted May 8, 2015 at 04:53 PM Maybe she'll co - present with NeYo and they'll break into "Incredible" Lolololol !! I'll take whatever I can get. It would shock the hell out of me if she performed anything. Let's just be happy with her presenting 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Caledor Posted May 8, 2015 at 05:28 PM Posted May 8, 2015 at 05:28 PM Maybe she'll co - present with NeYo and they'll break into "Incredible" Lolololol !! I'll take whatever I can get. It would shock the hell out of me if she performed anything. Let's just be happy with her presenting Lol ! I imagine something like :-Hey Ne-Yo how are you doing today ?- Fine and you ?- Actually I'm really at the top of my voice these days, so do you wanna sing something with me ?-Right now ?? Well I thought we were supposed to present the award... -Come on, doesn't that sound Incredible you and I tonight presenting the award ?? ..... And then comes the refrain "incredible oh oh oh ooh...." through the speakers and they sing the song together 5 Quote 29.11.2013 Paris Bercy: Sans attendre... the wait is over !
SuperLove4Celine Posted May 8, 2015 at 06:08 PM Posted May 8, 2015 at 06:08 PM You people make me laugh. Yup. I want Celine to be on Twitter non-stop tweeting incessantly about teenage-like things. Give me a freakin' break. Twitter would give us a chance to see Celine actually be SOCIAL with her fan base. That is what Twitter is about, after all. SOCIAL media. People think she is an open book, but that is so far from the truth. She's an open book so long as questions are pre-approved before interviews. Yeah. That's REEEEEALLY open. It's sad the only time we ever see who the real Celine is inside is when tragedy strikes: Hurricane Katrina, Whitney Houston's death, Rene's cancer, IVF challenges. God-forbid she actually open up when it's not dramatic. Twitter would give her the chance to do this. If she is going to have her people do her tweeting for her like some damn diva, then her Twitter and other social media feeds should be shut down. That isn't what social media is about. It's about being SOCIAL with others, not giving the illusion it's really you interacting with fans when it's not (i.e. the recent Billboard Music Awards announcement). 3 Quote
québecflower Posted May 8, 2015 at 06:30 PM Posted May 8, 2015 at 06:30 PM You people make me laugh. Yup. I want Celine to be on Twitter non-stop tweeting incessantly about teenage-like things. Give me a freakin' break. Twitter would give us a chance to see Celine actually be SOCIAL with her fan base. That is what Twitter is about, after all. SOCIAL media. People think she is an open book, but that is so far from the truth. She's an open book so long as questions are pre-approved before interviews. Yeah. That's REEEEEALLY open. It's sad the only time we ever see who the real Celine is inside is when tragedy strikes: Hurricane Katrina, Whitney Houston's death, Rene's cancer, IVF challenges. God-forbid she actually open up when it's not dramatic. Twitter would give her the chance to do this. If she is going to have her people do her tweeting for her like some damn diva, then her Twitter and other social media feeds should be shut down. That isn't what social media is about. It's about being SOCIAL with others, not giving the illusion it's really you interacting with fans when it's not (i.e. the recent Billboard Music Awards announcement).i think i know enough things about her, what she wants to share. The rest, it is up to her, and i can appreciate the fact that she keeps things for herself. I'm like that , no need to share personal things with every one you know. There is something called good manners where when someone doesn't talk about something, you should not ask. Intrusive curiosity is bad. So what if she is not an open book? The other thing about good manners is this :when you are asked: Everything's fine for you, you say yes, the other doesn't want to know about your digestive problem. 7 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Popular Post LukeD Posted May 8, 2015 at 07:22 PM Popular Post Posted May 8, 2015 at 07:22 PM You people make me laugh. Yup. I want Celine to be on Twitter non-stop tweeting incessantly about teenage-like things. Give me a freakin' break. Twitter would give us a chance to see Celine actually be SOCIAL with her fan base. That is what Twitter is about, after all. SOCIAL media. People think she is an open book, but that is so far from the truth. She's an open book so long as questions are pre-approved before interviews. Yeah. That's REEEEEALLY open. It's sad the only time we ever see who the real Celine is inside is when tragedy strikes: Hurricane Katrina, Whitney Houston's death, Rene's cancer, IVF challenges. God-forbid she actually open up when it's not dramatic. Twitter would give her the chance to do this. If she is going to have her people do her tweeting for her like some damn diva, then her Twitter and other social media feeds should be shut down. That isn't what social media is about. It's about being SOCIAL with others, not giving the illusion it's really you interacting with fans when it's not (i.e. the recent Billboard Music Awards announcement).Social media have nothing to do with reality. Nothing. It is actually the opposite as people give a falsified image of themselves when using them. 9 Quote
openthetelevision Posted May 8, 2015 at 07:33 PM Posted May 8, 2015 at 07:33 PM Yay! I'm super excited. I wonder what category she's presenting in! (Whatever it be, Taylor might win again because I think she's nominated for like 17?!) And for the whole twitter thing, it would be really cool if she actually used it but I can see why she doesn't. I'm just glad whoever is running her twitter is more active. 6 Quote
NicoNV Posted May 8, 2015 at 07:34 PM Posted May 8, 2015 at 07:34 PM Social media have nothing to do with reality. Nothing. It is actually the opposite as people give a falsified image of themselves when using them. This. Plus it's often their assistants and PR people using the platforms on their behalf anyway. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 5 Quote
Popular Post flutefreak Posted May 8, 2015 at 08:17 PM Popular Post Posted May 8, 2015 at 08:17 PM Part of why I love Celine is the fact that we really never know quite what she's up to. For me a little mystery is a good thing, too many over share these days in my opinion. 9 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 9, 2015 at 12:53 AM Posted May 9, 2015 at 12:53 AM i think i know enough things about her, what she wants to share. The rest, it is up to her, and i can appreciate the fact that she keeps things for herself. I'm like that , no need to share personal things with every one you know. There is something called good manners where when someone doesn't talk about something, you should not ask. Intrusive curiosity is bad. So what if she is not an open book? The other thing about good manners is this :when you are asked: Everything's fine for you, you say yes, the other doesn't want to know about your digestive problem.Social media have nothing to do with reality. Nothing. It is actually the opposite as people give a falsified image of themselves when using them.This. Plus it's often their assistants and PR people using the platforms on their behalf anyway. Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPart of why I love Celine is the fact that we really never know quite what she's up to. For me a little mystery is a good thing, too many over share these days in my opinion.All of these, yes! 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 9, 2015 at 03:01 AM Posted May 9, 2015 at 03:01 AM (edited) You people make me laugh. Yup. I want Celine to be on Twitter non-stop tweeting incessantly about teenage-like things. Give me a freakin' break. Twitter would give us a chance to see Celine actually be SOCIAL with her fan base. That is what Twitter is about, after all. SOCIAL media. People think she is an open book, but that is so far from the truth. She's an open book so long as questions are pre-approved before interviews. Yeah. That's REEEEEALLY open. It's sad the only time we ever see who the real Celine is inside is when tragedy strikes: Hurricane Katrina, Whitney Houston's death, Rene's cancer, IVF challenges. God-forbid she actually open up when it's not dramatic. Twitter would give her the chance to do this. If she is going to have her people do her tweeting for her like some damn diva, then her Twitter and other social media feeds should be shut down. That isn't what social media is about. It's about being SOCIAL with others, not giving the illusion it's really you interacting with fans when it's not (i.e. the recent Billboard Music Awards announcement). If you want an open book beyond the drama, re-read "For Keeps" and "My Story, My Dream." The "dramatic" things she was open about as a celebrity are things many people who are not celebrities, aren't open about. Some people feel ashamed or embarrassed to go through IVF...Celine gave those people a voice. Some people going through cancer feel like they're alone, Celine showed that even celebrities are people too. You always want more and are never satisfied with what you have. Celine often sends out the message that we are only guaranteed the moment that we are living in...as a "super fan" it baffles me that you don't seem to respect that philosophy. I think it's time for you to move on to a new singer who hasn't been around that long so that you can expect bigger and greater things from them, instead of being so unhappy with all that Celine has ALREADY given over the years. She doesn't need social media to prove that she cares about her fans or that she is interactive with them. Just watch the insane amounts of videos of we outside of hotels taking the time to sign as many autographs and take as many pictures as humanly possible. That's a real connection. Twitter is not. Edited May 9, 2015 at 03:06 AM by CelinesDIVO5 7 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
artistman2007 Posted May 9, 2015 at 03:09 AM Posted May 9, 2015 at 03:09 AM But it's sad that loved me back to life album is buried alive ,should've performed in awards shows and more 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 9, 2015 at 03:21 AM Posted May 9, 2015 at 03:21 AM Who had just had a fight given the fact her hair looked like they were done in a hurry. Not one hair was out of place lol 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
celinelover03 Posted May 9, 2015 at 06:58 AM Posted May 9, 2015 at 06:58 AM (edited) You people make me laugh. Yup. I want Celine to be on Twitter non-stop tweeting incessantly about teenage-like things. Give me a freakin' break. Twitter would give us a chance to see Celine actually be SOCIAL with her fan base. That is what Twitter is about, after all. SOCIAL media. People think she is an open book, but that is so far from the truth. She's an open book so long as questions are pre-approved before interviews. Yeah. That's REEEEEALLY open. It's sad the only time we ever see who the real Celine is inside is when tragedy strikes: Hurricane Katrina, Whitney Houston's death, Rene's cancer, IVF challenges. God-forbid she actually open up when it's not dramatic. Twitter would give her the chance to do this. If she is going to have her people do her tweeting for her like some damn diva, then her Twitter and other social media feeds should be shut down. That isn't what social media is about. It's about being SOCIAL with others, not giving the illusion it's really you interacting with fans when it's not (i.e. the recent Billboard Music Awards announcement). Yes, I understand what you are saying and agree to a certain degree...but honestly, social media gives people the FREEDOM to post what they want and when they want to post it. The social media accounts that her team runs for her are better than nothing! Imagine if there was no celinedion.com or her facebook page? I mean sure we would all live...but we would never be able to know if things that are going around in the media are true or not! I do agree that it would be nice for her to post things once in a while and update her fans...but she just isn't the type of person to do those types of things and we should never expect her to do it, as Celine has openly expressed that she is NOT a person to go on those social networking sites. She even said that she didn't even mean to have a twitter. Her team opened up a vine account and in order to register the account, they had to make a twitter alongside of it, so they were sort of stuck. I remember when her twitter first came out and was verified, the bio said "Mother, wife, singer" and the location was "Montreal'.It was obvious that they were planning on having her tweet once in a while based on the bio and such, but it seems that she backed out when she realized that she would actually have to commit and have an app on her phone or something to tweet those things. As far as I know of, Celine doesn't even own a cell phone and if she does, she probably doesn't even use it that often.That's pretty strange since she isn't old at all, and even old people (my grandmother at 89, has a facebook and actively uses it on her iPad lol) but that's just the way she is! Social media would be great for her to connect with her fans, but she obviously doesn't find the need to do so and we should just trust her that everything is done for a reason. Her team is actively trying to post things as much as possible and they obviously have to run it by her first, which I can imagine takes a little bit of time as she leads a very busy and productive person life with three boys and the many different activities that they all have. Rene does not havea ny social networking sites which alludes to the fact that their family isn't very social network oriented. RC has an isntagram and a twitter but if all of you haven't noticed, he's never even tweeted.He posts an instagram photo like once every month lol. They seem to just be like that as a family and seem to want to spend their free time doing productive things and not sitting at a computer or in front of a phone screen all day. And honestly, that is great! Celine doesn't need to prove herself to anybody and she certainly does not need to participate in any social networking sites in order to receive more credit for the many great things that she has done/continues to do. And....Celine is in fact an OPEN BOOK. Yes the questions are pre-approved and what not, but she isn't going to post on twitter like "Hello all. Right now I'm at the hospital with Rene and he is receiving his radiation treatments. Then I will go and play with my twins" like no way lol. That is the connotation that I am getting from your comment, but I know you didn't mean for her to tweet things like that. But no one, I mean no one really should post personal things on social media...especially when they are a celebrity and if they delete the tweet or post, it will be re-produced several times so it won't even matter that they deleted it. What we get from interviews and what not, is the REAL Celine...just buffered a little bit (interview wise & questions). She talked openly about the struggle that Rene has had in the past and now has at this moment, which a lot of celebrities don't even mention things that are going on in their lives like that. They just wait for the storm to blow over and then continue on their career as if nothing had happened. If you noticed, RC doesn't post anything about his personal life, really. It's all about hockey and he has never even posted a photo of his mom, dad, brothers, or anyone. Except his friends/hockey team. That shows that Celine doesn't really want to be a part of the media (or RC just doesn't want to post a pic of her or anyone in his family lol) but I mean I'm sure that in order for him to post a pic of his house or something like that has to do with his family, he has to ask permission first as like I mentioned before, any photos can be re-produced in an instant even if he deletes it. Celine is smarter then that and she knows that she doesn't need to prove herself to anyone, let alone force herself to tweet or post on facebook just for her fans. She wants to give her fans the REAL deal and that is through TV interviews, not through some social networking site like twitter or facebook. You can't be an open book on sites like those. Sure we are not truly getting the REAL 100% Celine in TV interviews as she has to be careful of what she says and mentions to the public, but we are getting as much as possible as we do not know her personally. That is all. Edited May 9, 2015 at 06:59 AM by celinelover03 3 Quote Et je t'aime encore, comme dans les chansons banales...
LukeD Posted May 9, 2015 at 12:05 PM Posted May 9, 2015 at 12:05 PM I like how we all politely replied to SuperLove4Celine's post ignoring his rude comment that we make him laugh. True class-act imo. 2 Quote
Popular Post stevo Posted May 9, 2015 at 03:24 PM Popular Post Posted May 9, 2015 at 03:24 PM I know this is a forum where all opinions are allowed and encouraged- and I know no-one's forcing me to be on here or read it- but I hate these 2000 word essays of drivel, totally unrelated to the topic - Celine at the Billboards- not Celine is cheating her fans and lying because she's not really an open book because she refuses to join the rest of the demented world who are self-obsessed and tweet when they're doing a s*** or what they've had for breakfast. Bore off. 9 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 9, 2015 at 07:41 PM Posted May 9, 2015 at 07:41 PM I know this is a forum where all opinions are allowed and encouraged- and I know no-one's forcing me to be on here or read it- but I hate these 2000 word essays of drivel, totally unrelated to the topic - Celine at the Billboards- not Celine is cheating her fans and lying because she's not really an open book because she refuses to join the rest of the demented world who are self-obsessed and tweet when they're doing a s*** or what they've had for breakfast. Bore off. I get what you are saying here. It started with talk about the tweet that she would be at the Billboard awards, and then it spiraled out of control. I of course, as usual, couldn't keep to mysel about certain things that were said. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
anewdayhascome Posted May 9, 2015 at 07:50 PM Posted May 9, 2015 at 07:50 PM One week to go 1 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
celine4evauk Posted May 9, 2015 at 08:07 PM Posted May 9, 2015 at 08:07 PM Ok so keeping things on track. What colour outfit are we guessing on?Mine is black! Lol Quote
Angel2006 Posted May 9, 2015 at 08:15 PM Posted May 9, 2015 at 08:15 PM One week to go So excited!! I hope she walks the red carpet. I had a dream that Celine walked the Billboard red carpet with RC! I would freak if that really happened. He's old enough now. Could totally happen! I know the E! network is covering the red carpet, so I hope Celine gets to speak with Giuliana Rancic this time. I don't think they have ever met.Is everyone excited for Celine to be at an award show? I now I am LOL. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.