Miha Posted May 6, 2015 at 09:46 PM Posted May 6, 2015 at 09:46 PM "Aldo" ----> <--------- "Celine" "making" her tweet.... Thank you for some laughing overdose.... 1 Quote
Popular Post Davey84 Posted May 6, 2015 at 10:06 PM Popular Post Posted May 6, 2015 at 10:06 PM "Aldo" ----> <--------- "Celine" "making" her tweet.... Well actually I think he should! if Celine was on social media her popularity would go up and up again! She doesn't have to do it 24/7 but it's 2015! We ain't livin in the dark ages of 60's Charlemagne anymore! 13 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
browseceline Posted May 6, 2015 at 10:12 PM Posted May 6, 2015 at 10:12 PM i love this forum so much. Sometimes I just read everybody's comments and I laugh:-) But yes it is true that we live in a world where social media is very important, and to stay in that world you have to embrace social media. Twitter is very popular and can reach many many people in an instant! 5 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
LukeD Posted May 6, 2015 at 10:19 PM Posted May 6, 2015 at 10:19 PM (edited) Once Celine announced her english album would be modern the Twitter account was created (I think it was August of 2013)... It seemed to me that they tried to modernize Celine in general. But not only the album itself came off divided (Half of it was modern, the other half rather traditional) but her show in Vegas was not modern at all. Then they tried to incorporate songs from the album to the show but will little success, in my opinion. It was like a mixed bag. I hope they take a clearer direction this time... If they want to go for modern sounds, visuals, new musicians and all then be it. Just avoid old covers and outfits that make her look older that she is. Edited May 6, 2015 at 10:20 PM by LukeD 5 Quote
incognito Posted May 6, 2015 at 11:59 PM Posted May 6, 2015 at 11:59 PM I don't want Celine to tweet. It would ruin my life. I would be checking twitter every 5 minutes (okay even 5 seconds) to see if Celine tweeted something random. Yeah, I'm a busy person. I don't have room in my life for a tweeting Celine. 6 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted May 7, 2015 at 12:58 AM Posted May 7, 2015 at 12:58 AM If Celine were starting out today, she'd probably have to do Twitter, Facebook, the whole social media thing. But she's established enough that she doesn't have to -- and if she doesn't want to, more power to her. I can't really imagine Celine on Twitter. For all her open-bookedness, she's always drawn a pretty clear line between her private time and her public time, and I think that's part of what's kept her sane. Twitter would blur that, and she's never shown any interest in it. I'd love it, of course, but I just can't imagine it. The only thing I could maybe see is her occasionally dictating a status update to someone in her team. But a super-active user who tweets frequently, responds to others, retweets stuff . . . . just can't see it happening. 6 Quote
SantiagoColorado Posted May 7, 2015 at 01:02 AM Posted May 7, 2015 at 01:02 AM If Celine were starting out today, she'd probably have to do Twitter, Facebook, the whole social media thing. But she's established enough that she doesn't have to -- and if she doesn't want to, more power to her. I can't really imagine Celine on Twitter. For all her open-bookedness, she's always drawn a pretty clear line between her private time and her public time, and I think that's part of what's kept her sane. Twitter would blur that, and she's never shown any interest in it. I'd love it, of course, but I just can't imagine it. The only thing I could maybe see is her occasionally dictating a status update to someone in her team. But a super-active user who tweets frequently, responds to others, retweets stuff . . . . just can't see it happening. Totally right! I don't want Celine to tweet, but I do want people to tweet all the Celine stuff... for example: behind the scenes of Celine during the Billboard awards this month, pictures of Celine preparing herself for the show, and things like that... 2 Quote
Popular Post echosthruthenight Posted May 7, 2015 at 01:03 AM Popular Post Posted May 7, 2015 at 01:03 AM Okay so I actually scored a ticket to this event but I am up in the rafters. But hey who cares. I will do my very best to video her appearance, though I am thinking TV would be much better for you all lol. If anything else Celine related happens that night I will make sure to post. Hope everyone is well. 11 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted May 7, 2015 at 01:06 AM Posted May 7, 2015 at 01:06 AM Totally right! I don't want Celine to tweet, but I do want people to tweet all the Celine stuff... for example: behind the scenes of Celine during the Billboard awards this month, pictures of Celine preparing herself for the show, and things like that... I agree 100% Quote
Koolan Posted May 7, 2015 at 01:44 AM Author Posted May 7, 2015 at 01:44 AM Okay so I actually scored a ticket to this event but I am up in the rafters. But hey who cares. I will do my very best to video her appearance, though I am thinking TV would be much better for you all lol. If anything else Celine related happens that night I will make sure to post. Hope everyone is well.Periscope will come in handy. 3 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
CelineDionFreak Posted May 7, 2015 at 02:01 AM Posted May 7, 2015 at 02:01 AM Periscope will come in handy. Ooh yessss!!! That would be amazing- live footage! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
CelineDionFreak Posted May 7, 2015 at 02:06 AM Posted May 7, 2015 at 02:06 AM (edited) And about the whole thing about Celine tweeting, I seem to remember that in an article, she said something about how she wouldn't ever join Twitter... I think it was in People? A few years back, if I recall. Maybe someone could find it. Edited May 7, 2015 at 02:06 AM by CelineDionFreak 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
echosthruthenight Posted May 7, 2015 at 03:18 AM Posted May 7, 2015 at 03:18 AM Periscope will come in handy. I have a galaxy 5, anything for that? Lol Quote
Koolan Posted May 7, 2015 at 05:12 AM Author Posted May 7, 2015 at 05:12 AM I have a galaxy 5, anything for that? LolTheir Android app is coming real soon. Meerkat is another one but didn't hear much good things about it. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
SantiagoColorado Posted May 7, 2015 at 05:27 AM Posted May 7, 2015 at 05:27 AM And about the whole thing about Celine tweeting, I seem to remember that in an article, she said something about how she wouldn't ever join Twitter... I think it was in People? A few years back, if I recall. Maybe someone could find it. She said something like : "what am I supposed to tweet? 《now I'm in the car at the gas station with my bodyguard》? I don't think so!" I think it was on Larry King Two years ago 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 7, 2015 at 09:51 AM Posted May 7, 2015 at 09:51 AM (edited) And about the whole thing about Celine tweeting, I seem to remember that in an article, she said something about how she wouldn't ever join Twitter... I think it was in People? A few years back, if I recall. Maybe someone could find it.She said something like : "what am I supposed to tweet? 《now I'm in the car at the gas station with my bodyguard》? I don't think so!" I think it was on Larry King Two years agoIt was on ET or Access Hollywood (I can't recall right now) I think back in 2013 or '14, she was in black and they were outside. I'll try to find it. Yeah, she said that quote. The only reason "she" had to join was because of a vine video her team wanted to post. Edited May 7, 2015 at 09:58 AM by DionFanAlways 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelineDionFreak Posted May 7, 2015 at 11:16 AM Posted May 7, 2015 at 11:16 AM She said something like : "what am I supposed to tweet? 《now I'm in the car at the gas station with my bodyguard》? I don't think so!" I think it was on Larry King Two years agoOh maybe it was that! I remember it being recently but a little while back. Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
CelineDionFreak Posted May 7, 2015 at 11:16 AM Posted May 7, 2015 at 11:16 AM It was on ET or Access Hollywood (I can't recall right now) I think back in 2013 or '14, she was in black and they were outside. I'll try to find it. Yeah, she said that quote. The only reason "she" had to join was because of a vine video her team wanted to post. Ah okay. Makes sense. Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Davey84 Posted May 7, 2015 at 11:38 AM Posted May 7, 2015 at 11:38 AM I m not asking her to post her most random personal stuff... but just a shout out what she is doing professionally would be a good start. As would be sucking up to other celebrities 2 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
empress Posted May 7, 2015 at 05:02 PM Posted May 7, 2015 at 05:02 PM I find it hard to believe she would post anything at all...or even know how. Someone else does it, I'm sure, like all other media or social parts of her career. She is a singer and a mother/wife. No time, nor would she make time, to be writing like we are here for sure! Quote
Xpresso Posted May 7, 2015 at 05:13 PM Posted May 7, 2015 at 05:13 PM (edited) She can pay someone to tweet for her!I'm sure many tweeting singers /artists get staff to do it for them (and just pretend they do it)... Edited May 7, 2015 at 05:13 PM by Xpresso 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 7, 2015 at 05:43 PM Posted May 7, 2015 at 05:43 PM I know I'm in the minority here, but I think she looked gorgeous here. I thought the dress was very romanesque...perfect being that she performs at Caesar's. I thought her make up and hair looked great too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryz73_5WAuM 7 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
flutefreak Posted May 7, 2015 at 05:46 PM Posted May 7, 2015 at 05:46 PM I didn't think her look was that bad either. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted May 7, 2015 at 07:44 PM Posted May 7, 2015 at 07:44 PM I know I'm in the minority here, but I think she looked gorgeous here. I thought the dress was very romanesque...perfect being that she performs at Caesar's. I thought her make up and hair looked great too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryz73_5WAuM https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=ob9LVazUH4mjgwTrvoDgCA&q=celine+dion+madonna&oq=celine+dion+mad&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.0l5.2351.5834.0.7161.16.16.0.6.6.0.223.1995.2j13j1.16.0.msedr...0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-hp..2.14.1052.0.EOcjIi0RGVs#imgrc=ic55A2hVXbrEIM%253A%3Bundefined%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252Fo89PkCz.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com%252F78015155.html%3B342%3B480 She looked better in the backstage picture with Madonna. I wish they would be a little bit more natural looking this time all that gold is a bit much. Ever since A new day added " River Deep" we have had a gold overdose which is a shame because Cèline looks great in Reds and purples and blues and yellows etc. 2 Quote
celinesounds Posted May 7, 2015 at 08:03 PM Posted May 7, 2015 at 08:03 PM I hope she will sings the new single Quote #FREEJAVITO
celine4evauk Posted May 7, 2015 at 08:13 PM Posted May 7, 2015 at 08:13 PM I hope she will sings the new single She hasn't got a new single! And it's already been announced she's presenting. Not performing. Sadly. 5 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted May 7, 2015 at 09:55 PM Posted May 7, 2015 at 09:55 PM This notion that Celine can't or shouldn't do social media herself is absurd. Cher, a woman who is older than Celine, a woman who has dyslexia, is able to figure out how to use Twitter. Also, for Celine to say that all she would be tweeting about is that she's at a gas station is ridiculous. She could easily tweet things, in English or French, like the following:"Getting ready for sound check. I can't wait to see all of you tonight!""Just arrived at Billboard Music Awards!""Found myself thinking of [insert song title here] after years of not singing it. Maybe I'll perform it again soon?""At recording studio for a new song. I hope you like it when it gets released!"All of those take a grand total of 1-2 minutes to type and post to Twitter. Is social media a "requirement" as a singer/entertainer? No. However, it sure does make one seem more personable, approachable and less of a diva when one gets more directly involved their fans. 5 Quote
LukeD Posted May 7, 2015 at 10:31 PM Posted May 7, 2015 at 10:31 PM (edited) In all seriousness the last thing I want from Celine is to openly ''hope'' for people ''to like'' her song. It is needy... I agree that she is capable of handling Twitter, thing is she doesn't want to... So I totally respect her choice. Edited May 7, 2015 at 10:32 PM by LukeD 6 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 8, 2015 at 12:19 AM Posted May 8, 2015 at 12:19 AM I know I'm in the minority here, but I think she looked gorgeous here. I thought the dress was very romanesque...perfect being that she performs at Caesar's. I thought her make up and hair looked great too. I didn't think her look was that bad either.I loved this look! I don't get why many fans thought it was horrible. 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Jessyka Posted May 8, 2015 at 12:39 AM Posted May 8, 2015 at 12:39 AM Excited to see her! 1 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.