mike_z Posted July 17, 2014 at 03:45 AM Posted July 17, 2014 at 03:45 AM So those 2 songs weren't live in 1994 but she performed them 100% live in 2013. BIG DEAL! Quote
Gicedi Posted July 28, 2014 at 11:29 PM Posted July 28, 2014 at 11:29 PM Celine Dion - A l' Olympia (Rehearsals,1994 RARE) and bonus Celine Dion & Nana Mouskouri at Olympia, Paris 1985 Quote https://youtu.be/D2KKDewXvJE
Matias Posted July 29, 2014 at 02:36 PM Posted July 29, 2014 at 02:36 PM Celine Dion - A l' Olympia (Rehearsals,1994 RARE) and bonus Celine Dion & Nana Mouskouri at Olympia, Paris 1985 I don't see Nana anywhere!! I love Nana, I would love to see Celine and Nana singing Liberte! Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
nuts2you Posted July 29, 2014 at 09:07 PM Posted July 29, 2014 at 09:07 PM I love watching a very young celine, she was soo cute back then Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted July 30, 2014 at 01:40 AM Posted July 30, 2014 at 01:40 AM I don't see Nana anywhere!! I think Rene was reading notes from well-wishers and one of them was from Nana Mouskouri. Rene says "Nana Mouskouri" -- and Celine reacts "aahhh!!" and then he reads her note, which I think said something like "I think a lot of you." 1 Quote
sfbaysinger Posted August 2, 2014 at 06:33 PM Posted August 2, 2014 at 06:33 PM I know she did Des Mots Qui Sonint at Une Seule Fois, and I was soooooooooo happy she did. But my fave version of that song will always be from A L'olympia. Cuzz that's where I first heard it, I think that's why. 3 Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 22, 2015 at 03:32 PM Author Posted January 22, 2015 at 03:32 PM RARE VIDEO | TV ad for 'Céline Dion à l'Olympia' featuring rare images of the concert. The clip of Calling You was probably going to be used for a future home video release... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtwv8k_publicite-celine-dion-a-l-olympia_music Could anybody upload this to YouTube? 3 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
tonybower Posted January 24, 2015 at 10:32 AM Posted January 24, 2015 at 10:32 AM This was the first album in French I owned and the first live album. It is a masterpiece. I was 12. Holidaying in Turkey. Bought the cassette from a market stall, naively thinking it was a French version of Colour of my Love - my first Celine album bought four months earlier. Spent the rest of the holiday mesmerised, listening to Le blues du businessman over and over. The album made me more convinced I needed to study French. I rediscovered it recently when I fell in love with L'amour existe encore. I know every word she speaks like a script and even every scream and cheer from the crowd. There is something less polished and more honest about this show and her voice does not falter. It's the kind of show I often imagined myself attending. Like a piece of history. A DVD is very much needed. 7 Quote iPod Most Played List The Power Of Love (several versions) - Céline DionThe First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta FlackSi dieu existe - Céline Dion & Claude DuBoisFrankenstein - Antony & the JohnsonsIn Some Small Way - Céline DionBird Gerhl - Antony & the JohnsonsLe blues du businessman - Céline Dion Ne rien savoir de Lol était la connaître déjà.
celine4evauk Posted January 24, 2015 at 05:10 PM Posted January 24, 2015 at 05:10 PM This was the first album in French I owned and the first live album. It is a masterpiece. I was 12. Holidaying in Turkey. Bought the cassette from a market stall, naively thinking it was a French version of Colour of my Love - my first Celine album bought four months earlier. Spent the rest of the holiday mesmerised, listening to Le blues du businessman over and over. The album made me more convinced I needed to study French. I rediscovered it recently when I fell in love with L'amour existe encore. I know every word she speaks like a script and even every scream and cheer from the crowd. There is something less polished and more honest about this show and her voice does not falter. It's the kind of show I often imagined myself attending. Like a piece of history. A DVD is very much needed. LBDB is one of my favourite french songs - and its THE song i really want to hear live in person. Just love the pauses. Love the LAP performance too, with the audience singing the words before Celine does. Typical as it was the one song i wanted on the LAP cd release. Suppose as it was on Olympia they didn't think it was necessary to include it on Paris too. Loved it as a duet at Millennium too. Wonder how Celine would sound singing it now??Always thought it would work in LV, its quite an easy translated song etc. Powerful, dramatic pauses - Vegas Yeah!!!! Lol. Love the Olympia show. Surprised it was only Oxygene that was cut. Wonder why?? Seems strange to cut just one song. 2 Quote
tonybower Posted January 25, 2015 at 10:21 AM Posted January 25, 2015 at 10:21 AM Same here - LBDB is probably my favourite song and I am devastated that I was not at the Olympia or the Zenith for those two live performances.I can't decide which I like most - they are both incredible and unparalleled performances. I love the intro to the Olympia version and I love the power of the LAP one. I would love for Celine to reintroduce it to her live repertoire, even if it had to be modified to suit her voice as it is today. I would die a happy man if I could just see this, and a 100% live Power of Love. Was Oxygene really performed at Olympia? Why would they cut it?? I love that song! The album seems incomplete now - do you know when she sang it? Btw, I agree with the person above re. live versions and studio recording of Dion Chante Plamondon. The album is amazing but clearly a hurried recording - don't they talk about how ridiculously quickly Celine cut the album? It is technically perfect but lacking in emotion I think. The live versions of all these songs, however, are some of Celine's very best! Quote iPod Most Played List The Power Of Love (several versions) - Céline DionThe First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta FlackSi dieu existe - Céline Dion & Claude DuBoisFrankenstein - Antony & the JohnsonsIn Some Small Way - Céline DionBird Gerhl - Antony & the JohnsonsLe blues du businessman - Céline Dion Ne rien savoir de Lol était la connaître déjà.
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 25, 2015 at 01:08 PM Author Posted January 25, 2015 at 01:08 PM Same here - LBDB is probably my favourite song and I am devastated that I was not at the Olympia or the Zenith for those two live performances.I can't decide which I like most - they are both incredible and unparalleled performances. I love the intro to the Olympia version and I love the power of the LAP one. I would love for Celine to reintroduce it to her live repertoire, even if it had to be modified to suit her voice as it is today. I would die a happy man if I could just see this, and a 100% live Power of Love. Was Oxygene really performed at Olympia? Why would they cut it?? I love that song! The album seems incomplete now - do you know when she sang it? Btw, I agree with the person above re. live versions and studio recording of Dion Chante Plamondon. The album is amazing but clearly a hurried recording - don't they talk about how ridiculously quickly Celine cut the album? It is technically perfect but lacking in emotion I think. The live versions of all these songs, however, are some of Celine's very best! Oxygène was performed right after Elle and before the 'Medley Starmania'. 2 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
celine4evauk Posted January 25, 2015 at 08:26 PM Posted January 25, 2015 at 08:26 PM Same here - LBDB is probably my favourite song and I am devastated that I was not at the Olympia or the Zenith for those two live performances.I can't decide which I like most - they are both incredible and unparalleled performances. I love the intro to the Olympia version and I love the power of the LAP one. I would love for Celine to reintroduce it to her live repertoire, even if it had to be modified to suit her voice as it is today. I would die a happy man if I could just see this, and a 100% live Power of Love. Was Oxygene really performed at Olympia? Why would they cut it?? I love that song! The album seems incomplete now - do you know when she sang it? Btw, I agree with the person above re. live versions and studio recording of Dion Chante Plamondon. The album is amazing but clearly a hurried recording - don't they talk about how ridiculously quickly Celine cut the album? It is technically perfect but lacking in emotion I think. The live versions of all these songs, however, are some of Celine's very best! It was the only track missing from the Olympia album that was listed on the official video of the concert. Shame they pulled the release. Quote
Davey84 Posted January 25, 2015 at 08:41 PM Posted January 25, 2015 at 08:41 PM I doubt that Oxygene is the only song that was cut from those concerts. There is no way the concert was only 14 songs long!As it was part of the TCOML tour, I can imagine these songs from the TCOML tour would have been sung too: Most likely:Beauty and the BeastMisledOnly One RoadThink TwiceThe Colour of My Love Not so likely:If You Asked Me ToEverybody's Talkin' My Baby DownUnisonWhen I Fall in LoveRiver Deep,Mountain HighCan't Help Falling in Love 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 26, 2015 at 08:13 AM Author Posted January 26, 2015 at 08:13 AM It was the only track missing from the Olympia album that was listed on the official video of the concert. Shame they pulled the release. Just curious; where can we have a look at the official video track list? Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Neddo Posted January 26, 2015 at 03:12 PM Posted January 26, 2015 at 03:12 PM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%80_l%27Olympia_(Celine_Dion_album) Maybe this? Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
tonybower Posted January 27, 2015 at 06:16 PM Posted January 27, 2015 at 06:16 PM I desperately need to see live footage of this show! What can we do to get an official release?? Quote iPod Most Played List The Power Of Love (several versions) - Céline DionThe First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta FlackSi dieu existe - Céline Dion & Claude DuBoisFrankenstein - Antony & the JohnsonsIn Some Small Way - Céline DionBird Gerhl - Antony & the JohnsonsLe blues du businessman - Céline Dion Ne rien savoir de Lol était la connaître déjà.
Davey84 Posted January 27, 2015 at 06:22 PM Posted January 27, 2015 at 06:22 PM (edited) I desperately need to see live footage of this show! What can we do to get an official release??Get water from the moon Edited January 27, 2015 at 06:23 PM by Davey84 5 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
infiniti Posted January 27, 2015 at 06:28 PM Posted January 27, 2015 at 06:28 PM (edited) Glad you liked them! , but let's try to focus on the Olympia album again. As we know, the concert was filmed on video, and it was expected to be released in late 1995; but the release was cancelled and replaced by the commercially succesful Live à Paris home video. My question is: Is there something we can do to make this concert by released on DVD? I don't know, maybe if each and every single one of us sends a message to Sony Music or whoever is responsible of its release with our request, we could get it. What do you guys think?I always confuse Live a Paris with A L'Olympia shame on me! I do not have this cd but I am sure it is as great as Live a Paris...it is one of my fav concerts!!!My fav from A L'Olympia is Medley Starmania. Edited January 27, 2015 at 06:29 PM by infiniti Quote Celine ~
celine4evauk Posted January 28, 2015 at 04:18 PM Posted January 28, 2015 at 04:18 PM I doubt that Oxygene is the only song that was cut from those concerts. There is no way the concert was only 14 songs long!As it was part of the TCOML tour, I can imagine these songs from the TCOML tour would have been sung too: Most likely:Beauty and the BeastMisledOnly One RoadThink TwiceThe Colour of My Love Not so likely:If You Asked Me ToEverybody's Talkin' My Baby DownUnisonWhen I Fall in LoveRiver Deep,Mountain HighCan't Help Falling in Love I meant it was the only track that was on the video that was to be released, that wasn't on the cd. Quote
celine4evauk Posted January 28, 2015 at 05:09 PM Posted January 28, 2015 at 05:09 PM Few more: Sorry, can't resize them. Maybe someone else can?? I've got the video cover pic somewhere. Will post when i find it! 1 Quote
tonybower Posted January 29, 2015 at 12:34 AM Posted January 29, 2015 at 12:34 AM This thread has got me too obsessed! I know I've not seen footage but I believe this concert would have been one of her most iconic and should have been released on DVD! I know the Colour of My Love video and Live à Paris concert were released around the same time but this one is needed ... A sort of Holy Trinity of Celine's pivotal years...! Her energy, vocals and General interaction make this my favourite live album! 4 Quote iPod Most Played List The Power Of Love (several versions) - Céline DionThe First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta FlackSi dieu existe - Céline Dion & Claude DuBoisFrankenstein - Antony & the JohnsonsIn Some Small Way - Céline DionBird Gerhl - Antony & the JohnsonsLe blues du businessman - Céline Dion Ne rien savoir de Lol était la connaître déjà.
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 29, 2015 at 09:25 AM Author Posted January 29, 2015 at 09:25 AM Few more: Sorry, can't resize them. Maybe someone else can?? I've got the video cover pic somewhere. Will post when i find it! Excited about that! Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Julian Posted January 29, 2015 at 11:31 AM Posted January 29, 2015 at 11:31 AM After a release of the 2004 A New Day DVD, this would be the most amazing thing EVER! I so much want to SEE this concert which was EPIC. Quote
Julian Posted January 29, 2015 at 11:33 AM Posted January 29, 2015 at 11:33 AM Remember when her ex-drummer tried to out her as a major lip-syncher?No, can you tell us more about this? I never heard about it! Quote
Julian Posted January 29, 2015 at 11:34 AM Posted January 29, 2015 at 11:34 AM RARE VIDEO | TV ad for 'Céline Dion à l'Olympia' featuring rare images of the concert. The clip of Calling You was probably going to be used for a future home video release... http://www.dailymoti...l-olympia_music Could anybody upload this to YouTube?WOW, thanks for finding this! 1 Quote
woodstock Posted January 29, 2015 at 04:49 PM Posted January 29, 2015 at 04:49 PM Never heard of that ? It was Peter Barbeau. He got fired after that.Thinking that was more than 20 years ago... Quote
celinesounds Posted January 29, 2015 at 09:29 PM Posted January 29, 2015 at 09:29 PM (edited) this is my most wanted DVD by now is still her best vocal live album Edited January 29, 2015 at 09:30 PM by celinesounds 1 Quote #FREEJAVITO
chocolatechip15 Posted January 30, 2015 at 03:00 AM Posted January 30, 2015 at 03:00 AM No, can you tell us more about this? I never heard about it!Never heard of that ? It was Peter Barbeau. He got fired after that.Thinking that was more than 20 years ago... He made the lip-syncing allegations *after* he was fired, as part of a lawsuit. It was sort of silly . . . Here's the thread about it: http://www.celinedionforum.com/topic/45442-lawsuit-with-former-drummer/ Quote
woodstock Posted January 30, 2015 at 11:18 AM Posted January 30, 2015 at 11:18 AM Oops...I was wrong with the chronology !Well, anyway I think he was right to reveal it...even though it didn't change anything ! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.