Javito Posted January 7, 2014 at 11:38 PM Posted January 7, 2014 at 11:38 PM (edited) That's beautiful :w00t: . First time I see this! Was it expensive? No idea, I don't own one lol. Needless to say that I wouldn't like to place all those albums inside that box. Puajjj!! That show, and that building, doesn't represent half the albums that are in that box, and the splendour of the songs included in them. Fortunately, her career has been more than Vegas, much more Edited January 7, 2014 at 11:41 PM by Javito 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Kian Posted January 7, 2014 at 11:41 PM Posted January 7, 2014 at 11:41 PM No idea, I don't own one lol. Needless to say that I wouldn't like to place all those albums inside that box. Puajjj!! Oh, I thought it's yours . Quote
BartFCS Posted January 7, 2014 at 11:47 PM Posted January 7, 2014 at 11:47 PM Sad fact. Most of my friends musicians make faces when I mention Celine Dion and then I always defend her vocal abilities. Most of the time they say I'm right about this aspect but her music is sh... Quote
superstar85ca Posted January 8, 2014 at 12:16 AM Posted January 8, 2014 at 12:16 AM http://blogs.metrotimes.com/music-blahg/celine-dion-far-poisonous-one-direction/ everyone please respond to this jerks pathetic article 2 Quote
Javito Posted January 8, 2014 at 12:29 AM Posted January 8, 2014 at 12:29 AM I'm still convinced that Céline gets the respect she has today because of what she accomplished in the 90's (which is no trifle!), but not because of what she's done in this past decade, not especially for what she has accomplished in music with her albums... simply because she has barely presented them to the public And yeah, I know some of you will come and say now that she has the record of more performances in Vegas with her breaking record show "A New Day", and that she changed the showbusiness there. Yeah, of course it was breaking record because it was the first concert of that kind there , but I don't see the challenge of having the gold medal for like 1,500 performances in that place (when she finishes her residency in 2019). Especially if you consider that 1,490 of those shows were a carbon copy of the first one Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Shaun Posted January 8, 2014 at 12:38 AM Posted January 8, 2014 at 12:38 AM The latest era has proven that regardless of what Celine does she'll never earn the respect of some people. Whilst the new album has generally been well received there has still be an element bashing Celine for "trying too hard" to remain relevant. The truth is if Celine had released a 90's style power ballad then they would've gone after her for not "updating her sound." Every album Celine has released since 1999 she's attempted to update her sound. She was universally praised for "That's The Way It Is" in 1999 and "A New Day Has Come" as both tracks were completely fresh for Celine and both just worked. Since then there have been mixed success with styles ranging from "I Drove All Night" to "Taking Chances" and "Loved Me Back To Life." All 3 songs completely different sounds. Yet still Celine can't earn respect from some quarters for trying something different every time. True that there are always safe choices on each of the albums and this is the right thing to do, you shouldn't alienate your existing fans. But since 1999 Celine has constantly tried to update her sound, particularly with her lead singles but still some critics just won't give her a break. It appears that this has now spread to radio who just won't give her airplay now regardless of what she does. Despite this Celine remains one of the best selling artists of all time, she has the respect of the people who matter the most - the music buying public! 3 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Prima_Donna1 Posted January 8, 2014 at 12:59 AM Posted January 8, 2014 at 12:59 AM (edited) That looks nice and ofcourse........A New Day Has Come!! Sorry was talking about those boxes in the second page. Edited January 8, 2014 at 01:04 AM by Prima_Donna1 1 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
amelie Posted January 8, 2014 at 01:01 AM Posted January 8, 2014 at 01:01 AM http://blogs.metroti...-one-direction/ everyone please respond to this jerks pathetic articlehttps://www.facebook.com/brettcallwood?fref=ts he's even posted it on facebook, with comments like "the antichrist" "blame canada" and "the celine dion fans came out of the woodwork for this one, can't remember when i last saw one" Quote
dmeredith Posted January 8, 2014 at 01:41 AM Posted January 8, 2014 at 01:41 AM I didn't know where to put this, but I just remembered about this special edition boxset in my collection of Celine pictures. I think they keep selling this item currently at the Vegas boutique. This box is really like "water and a flame", it represents the opposites, because what's represented outside has nothing to do with what's inside. How ironic! I attended Celine's newest Vegas show back in the summer of 2011. They weren't selling the item pictured. Trust me, if they had, I would've bought one. I spent a ridiculous amount of money in that Vegas Boutique during that trip. I've been back 3 times since then, and I've never seen that box at any time. I notice each and every thing in that place, 'cause I go in there a lot. One of the boutique employees has kept me updated on new items too, and that one has never been in the pictures that are sent. I'll be glad to ask tho', 'cause I'd love to have one. 2 Quote
nuts2you Posted January 8, 2014 at 01:43 AM Posted January 8, 2014 at 01:43 AM pls do I would love to know as well Quote
Nmj Posted January 8, 2014 at 02:18 AM Posted January 8, 2014 at 02:18 AM But next year she released her most youthful record to date. 'Taking Chances' and 'Loved Me Back To Life' (for most part) could appeal to people in their 20s. Exactly that's my problem with the Vegas show, as comes off with 2 very modern albums .. Then she returns to sing "lullaby" instead of "Save Your Soul", "Overjoyed" instead of "Incredible", "River Deep" instead of "Can't Fight the Feelin" and so on. You see they contradict each other. 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 8, 2014 at 02:58 AM Posted January 8, 2014 at 02:58 AM http://blogs.metroti...-one-direction/ everyone please respond to this jerks pathetic articleAt least people are defending her! She usually doesn't get that.... 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
superstar85ca Posted January 9, 2014 at 12:29 AM Posted January 9, 2014 at 12:29 AM He has no sense of humour or personality obviously. Celine is soooo loveable and fun, even if you don't like her music - she is so real and has such an awesome personality! I can't believe there are people who can't get this!! 2 Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted January 9, 2014 at 07:00 AM Posted January 9, 2014 at 07:00 AM He has no sense of humour or personality obviously. Celine is soooo loveable and fun, even if you don't like her music - she is so real and has such an awesome personality! I can't believe there are people who can't get this!!honestly, that dude does not want to get that. He just thinks his opinion is the right opinion no matter ppl think. 1 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
ehild Posted January 10, 2014 at 05:34 PM Posted January 10, 2014 at 05:34 PM I think it largely depends on where you are. Globally, she is one of the most widely respected singers in the industry. Even if people don't like her style, etc. they still can't argue that she has one of the best voices around and she has an incredible work ethic. So in that regard, I think she does get the respect she deserves. It depends on the country, too. I know there's some places where she still gets radio play and is still cool. I can't really speak too much about any other country, though. Here in the US, she's only known for one song.....MHWGO. Anytime anyone hears her name they automatically revert to this song; and it's usually in some sort of mocking undertone. This song was literally everywhere when it came out. I think the over-saturation turned a lot of people off. I really wish she had something...anything, after this song died down a bit released to help a lot of people get past her singing this song. Not necessarily an album but another single. Something rock solid that would help bridge that gap. Again, not really sure what at that point in time as I know she really wanted to take a break and have RC. The problem with that, especially not having anything huge (obviously nothing would be as big as MHWGO) released before that time frame, a lot of people thought she just retired. As that's another sentiment I get: "Oh I thought she retired years ago!". Part of me wonders with that over-saturation followed by her hiatus, if that just ruined her chances for top-40, AC radio, etc. So, in the US I don't think she's getting the respect she deserves. It seems because of one song people forgot she had a career before that song and still has one after it. Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
ehild Posted January 10, 2014 at 06:11 PM Posted January 10, 2014 at 06:11 PM I will expand on my thoughts later as I am tired tonight, but when it comes to LV I think she gets a lot of recognition and respect, being the trendsetter who paved the road for many artists and brought LV (pardon the pun) back to life. I think Vegas is both a safe choice and a career changing choice. It's safe because, at least now, she knows it works and people will come (and so does the industry). It allows her to stay home and be a mom, too, which she's made very clear is her priority. However, at the time of the Vegas launch, it was very daring. No one, since Sinatra and the "good 'ol days" had done this before and Vegas had become known for gambling, partying, etc. rather than its' shows. Now, she's helped pave the way for a lot of people and has helped Vegas become known for its' shows again. (Although I think Cirque definitely helps too.....those shows are amazing as well.....) Now, it's career changing in that she's just kinda stuck, so to speak, doing the same show of songs from the 90's and covers, despite all the new albums she has released since then. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
comingback Posted January 11, 2014 at 05:49 PM Posted January 11, 2014 at 05:49 PM 30. Karen Carpenter29. Gwen Stefani28. Celine Dion27. Chaka Khan26. Lady Gaga25. Pat Benatar24. Shania Twain23. Cher22. Adele21. Gloria Estefan20. Katy Perry19. Cyndi Lauper18. P!nk17. Gladys Knight16. Donna Summer15. Alicia Keys14. Rihanna13. Dolly Parton12. Christina Aguilera11. Janet Jackson10. Blondie9. Taylor Swift8. Mariah Carey7. Annie Lennox6. Diana Ross5. Madonna4. Beyonce3. Aretha Franklin2. Tina Turner1. Whitney Houston Celine was on No28 at the ABC's 30 Greatest Woman in Music Countdown. Why is she always so low in the US? The same happened with the VH-1 ranking. And Whitney at No1? Sorry, I love Whitney, but she is the greatest? Stupid US-press. They have no clue about Celine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf5CN-kjoXw 5 Quote
Bell Posted January 11, 2014 at 06:28 PM Posted January 11, 2014 at 06:28 PM Celine was on No28 at the ABC's 30 Greatest Woman in Music Countdown. Why is she always so low in the US? The same happened with the VH-1 ranking. And Whitney at No1? Sorry, I love Whitney, but she is the greatest? Stupid US-press. They have no clue about Celine. I've always wondered 'bout the same. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Prima_Donna1 Posted January 11, 2014 at 06:31 PM Posted January 11, 2014 at 06:31 PM (edited) Thats to show you all that the U.S. Music industry media do not think highly of Celine like they used to. Sad. Its funny she cant get promotion or nobody to have her back here. BUT she is an embarassment to talk about to people? Really! Trust me if she wasnt in Vegas and she were to have concerts in venues in cities her concerts would sell out here. I dont get and I am through getting it. Edited January 11, 2014 at 06:35 PM by Prima_Donna1 4 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
LukeD Posted January 11, 2014 at 07:37 PM Posted January 11, 2014 at 07:37 PM (edited) 30. Karen Carpenter29. Gwen Stefani28. Celine Dion27. Chaka Khan26. Lady Gaga25. Pat Benatar24. Shania Twain23. Cher22. Adele21. Gloria Estefan20. Katy Perry19. Cyndi Lauper18. P!nk17. Gladys Knight16. Donna Summer15. Alicia Keys14. Rihanna13. Dolly Parton12. Christina Aguilera11. Janet Jackson10. Blondie9. Taylor Swift8. Mariah Carey7. Annie Lennox6. Diana Ross5. Madonna4. Beyonce3. Aretha Franklin2. Tina Turner1. Whitney Houston Where the f*** is Barbra Streisand? LOL @ Aguilera, Taylor S., Rihanna, Katy P. and Cher ranking higher than Celine. These lists have always been laughable. Edited January 11, 2014 at 07:38 PM by LukeD 3 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted January 11, 2014 at 07:58 PM Posted January 11, 2014 at 07:58 PM Where the f*** is Barbra Streisand? LOL @ Aguilera, Taylor S., Rihanna, Katy P. and Cher ranking higher than Celine. These lists have always been laughable. Out of all the ones you just mentioned, Cher is the only one that has the right to rank higher than Celine. She's an American institution. 6 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
DionFanAlways Posted January 11, 2014 at 09:31 PM Posted January 11, 2014 at 09:31 PM I think Vegas is both a safe choice and a career changing choice. It's safe because, at least now, she knows it works and people will come (and so does the industry). It allows her to stay home and be a mom, too, which she's made very clear is her priority. However, at the time of the Vegas launch, it was very daring. No one, since Sinatra and the "good 'ol days" had done this before and Vegas had become known for gambling, partying, etc. rather than its' shows. Now, she's helped pave the way for a lot of people and has helped Vegas become known for its' shows again. (Although I think Cirque definitely helps too.....those shows are amazing as well.....) Now, it's career changing in that she's just kinda stuck, so to speak, doing the same show of songs from the 90's and covers, despite all the new albums she has released since then.I agree with your post especially that last bit. It is not a bash against Vegas for me though because like you say it allows her family time, stability. She needs to be happy first before she puts everyone else first! 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
LukeD Posted January 11, 2014 at 10:46 PM Posted January 11, 2014 at 10:46 PM Out of all the ones you just mentioned, Cher is the only one that has the right to rank higher than Celine. She's an American institution.Well... What I think is that if Celine came from US and not francophone Canada she would then get much more credit for the impact she's had in United States. I have noticed that in every US talent show there is always some contestant who idolizes Celine. We all know she has had a groundbreaking impact on Las Vegas too, which is still in US, as far as I know. And she is only in her 40s. The fact that she is among the 5 best selling female singers there is just a bonus to her greatness and people keep on underrating her. 3 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted January 11, 2014 at 10:52 PM Posted January 11, 2014 at 10:52 PM Well... What I think is that if Celine came from US and not francophone Canada she would then get much more credit for the impact she's had in United States. I have noticed that in every US talent show there is always some contestant who idolizes Celine. We all know she has had a groundbreaking impact on Las Vegas too, which is still in US, as far as I know. And she is only in her 40s. The fact that she is among the 5 best selling female singers there is just a bonus to her greatness and people keep on underrating her. The numbers talk..not some stupid poll where the results were most likely generated by the public. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
flutefreak Posted January 12, 2014 at 03:34 AM Posted January 12, 2014 at 03:34 AM 30. Karen Carpenter29. Gwen Stefani28. Celine Dion27. Chaka Khan26. Lady Gaga25. Pat Benatar24. Shania Twain23. Cher22. Adele21. Gloria Estefan20. Katy Perry19. Cyndi Lauper18. P!nk17. Gladys Knight16. Donna Summer15. Alicia Keys14. Rihanna13. Dolly Parton12. Christina Aguilera11. Janet Jackson10. Blondie9. Taylor Swift8. Mariah Carey7. Annie Lennox6. Diana Ross5. Madonna4. Beyonce3. Aretha Franklin2. Tina Turner1. Whitney Houston Celine was on No28 at the ABC's 30 Greatest Woman in Music Countdown. Why is she always so low in the US? The same happened with the VH-1 ranking. And Whitney at No1? Sorry, I love Whitney, but she is the greatest? Stupid US-press. They have no clue about Celine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf5CN-kjoXwThat list is all rubbish, someone who doesn't know music made that list. It appears to be one persons favorites. Too many questionable rankings to even discuss! Quote
célinedionfan_16 Posted January 12, 2014 at 03:50 AM Posted January 12, 2014 at 03:50 AM (edited) Out of all the ones you just mentioned, Cher is the only one that has the right to rank higher than Celine. She's an American institution. I don't think so. Celine's voice is way better than Cher's and in her much shorter career, she managed to almost triple Cher's album sales. So no Celine's a better woman in music than her. I mean if anything they could at least switch spots on the list but I think Celine deserves to be in the top ten But that's not to say that Cher doesn't have talent.. She has a ton of talent and influence in music, just not as much as Celine's. Here's proof that Celine deserves a higher spot than Cher on this crazy list: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHdyikyyM4U Edited January 12, 2014 at 03:51 AM by célinedionfan_16 Quote
dj_a_rock Posted January 12, 2014 at 04:05 AM Posted January 12, 2014 at 04:05 AM 30. Karen Carpenter29. Gwen Stefani28. Celine Dion27. Chaka Khan26. Lady Gaga25. Pat Benatar24. Shania Twain23. Cher22. Adele21. Gloria Estefan20. Katy Perry19. Cyndi Lauper18. P!nk17. Gladys Knight16. Donna Summer15. Alicia Keys14. Rihanna13. Dolly Parton12. Christina Aguilera11. Janet Jackson10. Blondie9. Taylor Swift8. Mariah Carey7. Annie Lennox6. Diana Ross5. Madonna4. Beyonce3. Aretha Franklin2. Tina Turner1. Whitney Houston Celine was on No28 at the ABC's 30 Greatest Woman in Music Countdown. Why is she always so low in the US? The same happened with the VH-1 ranking. And Whitney at No1? Sorry, I love Whitney, but she is the greatest? Stupid US-press. They have no clue about Celine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf5CN-kjoXw This is stup!d. This is not based on fact anyway. Probably this is chosen by the whoever is in charge of this subjectively and based on how he or she like the artist. Quote
stone Posted January 12, 2014 at 07:19 PM Posted January 12, 2014 at 07:19 PM http://blogs.metrotimes.com/music-blahg/celine-dion-far-poisonous-one-direction/ Quote
Bóól'át'í Posted January 12, 2014 at 10:08 PM Posted January 12, 2014 at 10:08 PM You would think that having the best selling new female album of 2013 in the UK would get you a Best International Female Artist nomination for the Brit Awards. I thought that a nomination for Celine was almost a guarantee but I guess not. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.