yoyoma Posted November 20, 2013 at 07:59 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 07:59 PM Celine Dion, D'eux & Falling Into You were also released in the spring But LTABL was released end of year ...but most of it attributed to titanic promotion..hehehe Quote "Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songshttps://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ
LukeD Posted November 20, 2013 at 08:06 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 08:06 PM (edited) But LTABL was released end of year ...but most of it attributed to titanic promotion..heheheI might be wrong but LTAL was the most anticipated album of 1997 with pre-orders of like 10m before anyone knew 'My Heart Will Go On' - Titanic (released during December 1997). Edited November 20, 2013 at 08:07 PM by LukeD Quote
LukeD Posted November 20, 2013 at 08:10 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 08:10 PM (edited) 'The Colour Of My Love', 'Let's Talk About Love', 'These Are Special Times', 'All The Way', 'Sans Attendre' are all huge sellers released during November. We can't blame Sony for releasing the album now, it's a recipe that totally worked in the past. Also, 'Taking Chances' was benefited by the fact that it was a November-release. Edited November 20, 2013 at 08:13 PM by LukeD Quote
Davey84 Posted November 20, 2013 at 08:10 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 08:10 PM Well... I dunno what you're all b*tching about... but These Are Special Times was released late in the year... and look at what kind of hit that was during Christmas! :shrug: 2 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Popular Post GoldenLeaf Posted November 20, 2013 at 08:12 PM Popular Post Posted November 20, 2013 at 08:12 PM (edited) I love that fact that Celine's LMBTL album is blocking both Lady Gaga and Eminem from the #1 spot in Canada. #Happy Edited November 20, 2013 at 08:13 PM by GoldenLeaf 12 Quote
wjd Posted November 20, 2013 at 08:48 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 08:48 PM Céline's album has sold over 12,500 copies so far this week in the UK at #5 in the mids! GREAT numbers. 7 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
mike_z Posted November 20, 2013 at 08:52 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 08:52 PM That is really great. Huge success in Canada and the UK! That really make up for the disappointment in the US. I mean, bigger than Gaga guys!!!! She's the 'it' girl! 3 Quote
uk28uk28 Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:19 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:19 PM Céline's album has sold over 12,500 copies so far this week in the UK at #5 in the mids! GREAT numbers. Does this includes today's sales? If not, she could very well sale more than 20k this week Quote
yoyoma Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:24 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:24 PM I reckon she would sing these songs in cbs special: I'm your angel, The Prayer, I'm Alive, Incredible, Unfinished Songs, Thank You/Thankful, At Seventeen...They are relevant to the context of the show Quote "Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songshttps://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ
LuisMa Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:27 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:27 PM All this amazing success in the UK prompted me to make a video of her chart history there, of course including LMBTL now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XmeKDc-eUA 7 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:40 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:40 PM (edited) Americans seem to be into mediocre female singers that play a ukelele.Do you think it's too late for her to learn the ukelele? She would then corner the market! Edited November 20, 2013 at 09:41 PM by DionFanAlways 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
dj4celine Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:43 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:43 PM Don't kill me but there's gonna be an even bigger fall next week in the US Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:53 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:53 PM Don't kill me but there's gonna be an even bigger fall next week in the US I'm not going to read your comment... just blindly quoted you 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:55 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:55 PM All this amazing success in the UK prompted me to make a video of her chart history there, of course including LMBTL now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XmeKDc-eUAWhat an amazing catalog she has! Like she says, it's one thing to have a hit but another to have a career! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
nuts2you Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:58 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:58 PM Don't kill me but there's gonna be an even bigger fall next week in the US Next week Christmas songs start, Quote
wjd Posted November 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM Does this includes today's sales? If not, she could very well sale more than 20k this week It includes sales up until Tuesday night - so we've still got Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday's sales to include - I reckon she could get between 18-20k from the remaining 4 days alone! So we could be looking at 30k+. I guess we'll see; hopefully sales will stay stable. 1 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
mebe Posted November 20, 2013 at 10:29 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 10:29 PM (edited) On Amazon.ca LMBTL : still #1 and #38 Again on Amazon.ca but on the French chart: LMBTL: #1 and #3These Are The Special Times: #8Sans Attendre: #14On Ne Change Pas: #18Let's Talk About Love: #29Des Mots Qui Sonnent: #76 Edited November 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM by mebe 3 Quote
Davey84 Posted November 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM I really don't care if she flops in the USA maybe that will pursuade them to get outta Vegas and concentrate on the rest of the world! 6 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
dmeredith Posted November 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM Here's an example of the poor promotion in the US. I was playing the video of "Incredible," from Le Banquier, at the end of one of my classes today. One of my students came up to me and said, "My mom was going back and watching some segments of the TV show The View last night that was aired several weeks ago. She happened to see the one with Celine. She called me and asked if I knew who she was. I told her, "Yes, that's Celine Dion. One of my teachers plays her music for us." She told me proudly, "I even sang along with Celine, and my mom was impressed!! She loves Celine, and she didn't even know that she had a new CD out!! I gave her all the details that you have told us, and she's going to go get the CD now!!!" I'm sure there are a lot more people who are really clueless about Celine's new CD. Sony USA is really disappointing me. Celine really needs to be on the radio, and shows like The Voice etc. Not so much American Idol. Even my students tell me that it's all about The Voice now. I wish I knew who to contact. I'm promoting as much as I can in my little corner of the world, but I'm just one small voice. Of course, it's still something, and something is better than nothing. Celine should be selling big time!! Wake up Sony USA!!!!! By the way, does anyone have any suggestions as to why I can't change the font, bold anything or add smiley faces in my posts? I'm just wondering why it's not available to me any longer. Thanks! 6 Quote
dmeredith Posted November 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM I really don't care if she flops in the USA maybe that will pursuade them to get outta Vegas and concentrate on the rest of the world! I understand why you're saying that "Davey84", but I don't want her to flop in my country. I would be happy if she could perform in other places in the US tho. It would be nice to see her in my hometown city again so I don't have to travel to Vegas. Plus, it would be more like a real Celine concert and not just a Vegas show. Although, the Vegas show is wonderful, but I want more Celine songs!! 3 Quote
Shaun Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM I'm quite astounded at 2 things:How well she is holding up on the UK midweeks. Number 5 and the sales are amazing.How catastrophic a flop it's turning into in the USA whilst, of course, Sony USA do absolutely nothing.So yes, i'm astounded lol. 2 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
peanut91 Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM Well we have to remember, the world does not revolve around the United States. Celine Dion is NOT an American artist, she is first an foremost a Canadian and European artist. (I live in CALIFORNIA) all they care about here is dance, rap, techno, shitty music. Dion has a lucrative deal in vegas, she banks money, gets time to spend with her kid, etc. Shes going to be on one directions D DAY thingy on youtube, so that will introduce her to one direction fans and improve her sales in the UK, as well as strictly come dancing, theres the cbs special with neyo thats happening,possibly an AMA performance, grammy performance, another academy performance,- I would love MTV to give her an award, there is also a couple other current award shows she would be great in, Maybe the BAFTA,I mean, why dont we try a SNL performance, start a petition like they did with betty white?anyone who works for celines management on here? get them to contact katy perry, christina aguleira, adele, start the collaboration process,the best way for celine to get big again is to do collabs, an entire album with her voice and the voice of todays generation, its possible isnt it? 2 Quote
Javito Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM I understand why you're saying that "Davey84", but I don't want her to flop in my country. I would be happy if she could perform in other places in the US tho. It would be nice to see her in my hometown city again so I don't have to travel to Vegas. Plus, it would be more like a real Celine concert and not just a Vegas show. Although, the Vegas show is wonderful, but I want more Celine songs!! That's another reason to put an end to her Vegas isolation. If the US doesn't want her, Europe clearly does! Maybe its time to find another show and settle in an european country? 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
LuisMa Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM That's another reason to put an end to her Vegas isolation. If the US doesn't want her, Europe clearly does! Maybe its time to find another show and settle in an european country? Maybe they'll build the Colosseum II in EuroVegas! 3 Quote
peanut91 Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM http://www.celinedioncharts.com/lovedmebacktolife.htm worldwide, they list 365,000 sales as of November 18th,if she keeps her numbers steady everywhere, and im SURE the UK sales will only increase, and the American holiday market helpls celine as well, we should see a 1 million sales hit by end of the year. it will only get better!!! 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM I understand why you're saying that "Davey84", but I don't want her to flop in my country. I would be happy if she could perform in other places in the US tho. It would be nice to see her in my hometown city again so I don't have to travel to Vegas. Plus, it would be more like a real Celine concert and not just a Vegas show. Although, the Vegas show is wonderful, but I want more Celine songs!!Exactly my feelings! 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
dmeredith Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM That's another reason to put an end to her Vegas isolation. If the US doesn't want her, Europe clearly does! Maybe its time to find another show and settle in an european country? Well, the thing is that she likes the Vegas lifestyle, which accommodates her singing and family. The Vegas contract restricts her performing around the United States (which is sad), but I can totally understand why she has made that decision. She has to live the life that benefits both worlds. Her priorities can't always be the fans, but her family first. I shouldn't complain tho'. After all, we've gotten a new English CD and a new French one a year ago. They are both wonderful, and she's out and about traveling all over promoting. Plus, concerts coming up in Belgium and Paris. Then she will be busy with other things afterwards. She's really doing a lot. I have to hand it to her! I know that we have a lot to be grateful for. I'm grateful that Canada and Europe respect her. I know that there are plenty of American fans. They just haven't been woken up enough to realize that her new CD is out. Hopefully, the things coming up will "spread the news"!! 3 Quote
Jimnezis Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:48 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:48 PM Lovely video for the singles run in the UK charts Quote
québecflower Posted November 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM Posted November 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM Here's an example of the poor promotion in the US. I was playing the video of "Incredible," from Le Banquier, at the end of one of my classes today. One of my students came up to me and said, "My mom was going back and watching some segments of the TV show The View last night that was aired several weeks ago. She happened to see the one with Celine. She called me and asked if I knew who she was. I told her, "Yes, that's Celine Dion. One of my teachers plays her music for us." She told me proudly, "I even sang along with Celine, and my mom was impressed!! She loves Celine, and she didn't even know that she had a new CD out!! I gave her all the details that you have told us, and she's going to go get the CD now!!!" I'm sure there are a lot more people who are really clueless about Celine's new CD. Sony USA is really disappointing me. Celine really needs to be on the radio, and shows like The Voice etc. Not so much American Idol. Even my students tell me that it's all about The Voice now. I wish I knew who to contact. I'm promoting as much as I can in my little corner of the world, but I'm just one small voice. Of course, it's still something, and something is better than nothing. Celine should be selling big time!! Wake up Sony USA!!!!! By the way, does anyone have any suggestions as to why I can't change the font, bold anything or add smiley faces in my posts? I'm just wondering why it's not available to me any longer. Thanks! i'm waiting for the voice..i hope it will happen 4 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
québecflower Posted November 21, 2013 at 12:13 AM Posted November 21, 2013 at 12:13 AM i just think that Celine have done what she wanted to do, for her and the fans, and if the U. S. is not aboard, well, what can you do. I respect that. If she does not do the voice, i don't think it is because Sony has not tried. Maybe they the voice U. S. does not want her on the show, for a reason 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.