Popular Post LuisMa Posted November 19, 2013 at 06:38 PM Popular Post Posted November 19, 2013 at 06:38 PM Seeing Celine beat Gaga on week 2 gives me so much hope, guys. 10 Quote
wjd Posted November 19, 2013 at 06:56 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 06:56 PM UK Certifications SILVER: 60,000GOLD: 100,000PLATINUM: 300,000 Céline's label will have shipped Gold already [100,000] but as shipments are based on retail sales in the UK nowadays and not necessarily label shipments, we will have to wait for some time until she gets certified Gold, Maybe in 2 weeks. 2 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Moleque20 Posted November 19, 2013 at 07:16 PM Author Posted November 19, 2013 at 07:16 PM Thanx Wayne! Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Magicalmark2013 Posted November 19, 2013 at 08:36 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 08:36 PM Go Celine Quote
wjd Posted November 19, 2013 at 09:38 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 09:38 PM (edited) US HDD #'s...FINAL 2 13 CELINE DION COLUMBIA 25,489 -67%LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE Edited November 19, 2013 at 09:39 PM by wjd Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Ukrfan Posted November 19, 2013 at 09:48 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 09:48 PM 2 13 CELINE DION COLUMBIA 25,489 -67%LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE That was pretty much predictable, wasn't it? It's a usual drop in the 2nd week. Quote
wjd Posted November 19, 2013 at 09:59 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 09:59 PM That was pretty much predictable, wasn't it? It's a usual drop in the 2nd week. Her prediction was 27-30k. Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Ashane Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:04 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:04 PM That's with literally NO radio play.... "Incredible" radio play will bump sales up via airplay.... it's pretty simple. Quote
Moleque20 Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM Author Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM Serously, I doubt that Incredible will have a major impact to the album 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Bóól'át'í Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM (edited) What Canada did in one week the US did in two weeks. Really really bad. Edited November 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM by Bóól'át'í 1 Quote
yoyoma Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM 100000 copies in 2 weeks...U.S fans has dropped dramastically in the past few years... Incredible is definitely sent to radio after new year...(if ever)so not expecting album sales to pick up until the CBS...with grammy nomination and AMA award, lots of albums will rise, MBTL will drop significantly like flies. 1 Quote "Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songshttps://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ
Bóól'át'í Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM (edited) Serously, I doubt that Incredible will have a major impact to the album Unfortunately I have to agree. Earlier i said that no single will probably save this album. I'm not sure what will save it. Her TV appearances have hardly impacted at all as well. Her upcoming Christmas adoption special will doubtedly have major impact. Just maybe we have to seriously consider that this is her first underperforming album in the US. Hope I'm wrong. Edited November 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM by Bóól'át'í Quote
Stuart2007 Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM Celine fans in the US haven't gone anywhere they just need to hear a big ballad to get them buying the new album. We had LMBTL and SLS performed during the promo and clearly this isn't what people expect or wanted to hear from a new album. Both tracks are great songs but Sony and teamCeline need to let the US market know that this isn't a completely new direction and the ballads that made America fall in love with that voice are still there. 5 Quote
Davey84 Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM I think I Didn't Know Love could do well on AC stations in the USA... But who knows if Incredible is used with the Olympics in tv shows... than it will raise attention to the album. 2 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Moleque20 Posted November 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM Author Posted November 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM I don't think that Celine could have gained more attention with a ballad. And I am afraid that we will get disappointed by Breakwaway and Incredible as well. SONY knows well how to play with our nerves 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Allysadreams Posted November 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM (edited) The album has only been released for not even two weeks in most countries with it still to release in Japan, there will be more promotion I'm sure but Celine is a mother now so I doubt they'll ever be as much physical promotion as before until the children are a couple more years older....I think that the album will still sell at least 250,000 in America in the next few months....I think she'll sell around 200,000 in the uk, Canada will be another 250,000 - 300,000....I am going to say this album will easily sell 2 million copies by the end of the winter worldwide and more to come, to me 2 million sold is not bad and less people are buying nowadays due to piracy and having less spare cash.... On another note my brother downloaded the album LMBTL from iTunes last night ☺️ Edited November 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM by Allysadreams 2 Quote 'Love Doesn't Ask Why, it speaks from the heart.....'
mebe Posted November 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM (edited) On Musicharts.net, LMBTL sold 272 400 copies worldwide last week, which is almost 20 000 copies more than on MediatrafficIn terms of comparison, Eminem only had 10 000 more copies sold on Musicharts. So the difference in percentage is a lot bigger for Celine. Do you think this is more representative of Celine's sales around the world? http://www.musichart...t=charts&chid=0 Edited November 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM by mebe Quote
wjd Posted November 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM The album has only been released for not even two weeks in most countries with it still to release in Japan, there will be more promotion I'm sure but Celine is a mother now so I doubt they'll ever be as much physical promotion as before until the children are a couple more years older....I think that the album will still sell at least 250,000 in America in the next few months....I think she'll sell around 200,000 in the uk, Canada will be another 250,000 - 300,000....I am going to say this album will easily sell 2 million copies by the end of the winter worldwide and more to come, to me 2 million sold is not bad and less people are buying nowadays due to piracy and having less spare cash.... On another note my brother downloaded the album LMBTL from iTunes last night ☺️ This will not sell 2m copies worldwide by the end of the year, you need to adjust your predictions. Between Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Belgium, Poland and Switzerland - it'll be lucky to make 100k in total. Canada - she'll make 200k, 250k if she's lucky. US - 200k at the moment - I don't foresee any other outcome, unless she promotes more or something unexpected happens. France - difficult to predict, but she's so far sold 44k in two weeks with minimum promotion. I suggest she'll do around 150k in total from France, unless we see something similar to the Sans attendre effect. UK - difficult to predict, could be a sleeper hit [like Rod Stewart's album which has sold nearly 400k]. I will be cautious and predict 150k. 800k from her KEY markets. This will do 1m by the year's end if things go well. Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
DionFanAlways Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:17 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:17 AM (edited) US HDD #'s...FINAL 2 13 CELINE DION COLUMBIA 25,489 -67%LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE So is this physical cd sales for the States that people actually bought? Only 25,489? This is like someone selling their cd out of the trunk of their car So sad. (if I understand correctly) Edited November 20, 2013 at 01:17 AM by DionFanAlways 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Bóól'át'í Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:21 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:21 AM (edited) So is this physical cd sales for the States that people actually bought? Only 25,489? This is like someone selling their cd out of the trunk of their car So sad. (if I understand correctly) It encompasses everything - both physical and downloads. Of course, the numbers will be adjusted with SoundScan. But usually there's not much difference. Edited November 20, 2013 at 01:22 AM by Bóól'át'í Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:26 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:26 AM It encompasses everything - both physical and downloads. Of course, the numbers will be adjusted with SoundScan. But usually there's not much difference.Oh ok... Thank you! Wow.... Did QVC inflate their total? Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
flutefreak Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:33 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:33 AM On a brighter note, LMBTL was a top x-mas gift pick in my local Sunday newspaper, wanted to scan it in but I accidentally ripped it because I didn't realize it was there. Large picture and several bullet points about the album. Shocked because I haven't heard her on the radio her in light ages. Maybe they are planning to promote it as a x-mas gift. 2 Quote
Bóól'át'í Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:35 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:35 AM (edited) Oh ok... Thank you! Wow.... Did QVC inflate their total? The QVC numbers of 13000 were included in last week's debut sales. Or did QVC re-run the special again? Edited November 20, 2013 at 01:40 AM by Bóól'át'í 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:59 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:59 AM The QVC numbers of 13000 were included in last week's debut sales. Or did QVC re-run the special again?That's funny! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
yoyoma Posted November 20, 2013 at 04:04 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 04:04 AM LOL go QVC! QVC is the new Oprah hahahaha Quote "Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songshttps://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ
mike_z Posted November 20, 2013 at 04:09 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 04:09 AM QVC is the new Oprah hahahaha I wish they would run one of those every week LOLhttp://cbswogl2.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/tommyqvc.jpg?w=420 Quote
mike_z Posted November 20, 2013 at 04:44 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 04:44 AM LMBTL (song) #34 on ITunes UK Quote
dj_a_rock Posted November 20, 2013 at 07:01 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 07:01 AM So is this physical cd sales for the States that people actually bought? Only 25,489? This is like someone selling their cd out of the trunk of their car /browse.php?u=aYMKKhea7NFynOTJ8W5xaXxz9KF0MuQLQURhoxFQvfODYodRLroL4lidBGdpHQ2Of1AS7YzMxY9netRie%2FQ%2FjC8%3D&b=53 So sad. (if I understand correctly) Indeed. Especially for a country that has 300 million people. 1 Quote
Allysadreams Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:25 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 09:25 AM This will not sell 2m copies worldwide by the end of the year, you need to adjust your predictions. Between Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Belgium, Poland and Switzerland - it'll be lucky to make 100k in total. Canada - she'll make 200k, 250k if she's lucky. US - 200k at the moment - I don't foresee any other outcome, unless she promotes more or something unexpected happens. France - difficult to predict, but she's so far sold 44k in two weeks with minimum promotion. I suggest she'll do around 150k in total from France, unless we see something similar to the Sans attendre effect. UK - difficult to predict, could be a sleeper hit [like Rod Stewart's album which has sold nearly 400k]. I will be cautious and predict 150k. 800k from her KEY markets. This will do 1m by the year's end if things go well. I said that I think it will sell two million copies or thereabouts by the end of winter ie March 2014....Yes that maybe not as good as some of her other english album sales but like you said this coiuld really become a sleeper hit....I mean come on if Rod Stewart can do I am very sure Celine can! Quote 'Love Doesn't Ask Why, it speaks from the heart.....'
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.