LuisMa Posted May 25, 2013 at 08:33 AM Posted May 25, 2013 at 08:33 AM (edited) in Europe we'll probably get sth from the new English album Yes, I'll be thrilled if a couple of songs from the new album are included. The more she decides to perform, the better! Edited May 25, 2013 at 08:34 AM by LuisMa Quote
Timster Posted May 25, 2013 at 08:55 AM Posted May 25, 2013 at 08:55 AM Yes, I'll be thrilled if a couple of songs from the new album are included. The more she decides to perform, the better! But we have to remember that if she intends to perform songs from the new English album, then there would be no reason why she couldn't do the Anglophone part of the tour in November as originally planned. I think the Antwerp/Paris shows will focus more heavily on Sans attendre with hopefully some surprises from the Quebec show. Of course she may do one or two new English songs, but I don't think she will focus on performing that album live until she eventually does the Anglophone tour sometime next year... Quote
LuisMa Posted May 25, 2013 at 08:59 AM Posted May 25, 2013 at 08:59 AM (edited) Yes, Tim. I hope the intention they have is to have this Mini Tour focusing on the French songs, and that next year they return for another Mini Tour (or a bigger scale one going to more countries) to promote the English album. Though I won't get too excited and with hopes so high, I'll start a piggy bank in case she decides to surprise us even more. Edited May 25, 2013 at 08:59 AM by LuisMa 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM Posted May 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM She sang it great there, but I think she'll be able to sing it even better nowadays!I know I can't wait to hear it in her voice now! 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Lian Posted May 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM Posted May 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM I am seriously surprised by this setlist! I freaked when I saw Des Mots Qui Sonnent, I lóve that song!! I hope the Antwerp setlist will be similar to this one And am I the only one who loves Dans un Autre Monde? (A) It's a great opener! And I'm not that surprised d'Elles and 1 fille 4 types aren't that well represented, they are good albums but the songs aren't that unforgettable like the ones on S'Il Suffisait D'Aimer and Dion Chante Plamondon.. I am thrilled about Je Crois Toi and Incognito!! And I am really hoping she skips Ne Me Quitte Pas in Antwerp.. Jacques Brel is like a saint in Belgium (he is a saint to me) and her version of Ne Me Quitte Pas is just too dramatic and over-acted in my opinion. She will never beat Jacques Brel's performance so I hope she doesn't try.. But I have the feeling I'm alone in this one ^^ Quote http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/368/ploep.pngThe earth is our mother, we must take care of herThe earth is our mother, she will take care of us
DionFanAlways Posted May 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM Posted May 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM I am seriously surprised by this setlist! I freaked when I saw Des Mots Qui Sonnent, I lóve that song!! I hope the Antwerp setlist will be similar to this one And am I the only one who loves Dans un Autre Monde? (A) It's a great opener! And I'm not that surprised d'Elles and 1 fille 4 types aren't that well represented, they are good albums but the songs aren't that unforgettable like the ones on S'Il Suffisait D'Aimer and Dion Chante Plamondon.. I am thrilled about Je Crois Toi and Incognito!! And I am really hoping she skips Ne Me Quitte Pas in Antwerp.. Jacques Brel is like a saint in Belgium (he is a saint to me) and her version of Ne Me Quitte Pas is just too dramatic and over-acted in my opinion. She will never beat Jacques Brel's performance so I hope she doesn't try.. But I have the feeling I'm alone in this one ^^No! I love Dans Un Autre Monde! I also agree with you on Ne Me Quitte Pas. I wish she would change that out in Vegas also because it just feels scripted now. Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
nuts2you Posted May 25, 2013 at 01:57 PM Posted May 25, 2013 at 01:57 PM The RH have the front section, not sure how many are going, to go but I'm pretty sure we will get Video's Quote
québecflower Posted May 25, 2013 at 03:25 PM Posted May 25, 2013 at 03:25 PM (edited) they are still searching for a first act artist...it 's very complicated to find someone . I had an idea this morning....Diane Tell. She have great songs, and i love her so much And she is from Quebec even if she 's got the French accent from France now..I'll specify that this is not a problem for me. I would die and go to heaven, she is my other favorite female artist from here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeWCQV9kZQ0 Edited May 25, 2013 at 03:29 PM by québecflower Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Alex_Incognito Posted May 25, 2013 at 03:43 PM Posted May 25, 2013 at 03:43 PM If the English album's coming out in November, it would be wise for her to do a couple of songs from the album in Paris and then they could show them for promo purposes. 3 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
mike_z Posted May 25, 2013 at 06:40 PM Posted May 25, 2013 at 06:40 PM She sang it great there, but I think she'll be able to sing it even better nowadays! Well, honestly, I doubt it. But it will be epic anyways!!! That live version almost sounded like the album version. The high notes were flawless... and the head voice was incredibly powerful and crystal clear! Quote
PuraVida Posted May 25, 2013 at 09:41 PM Posted May 25, 2013 at 09:41 PM Well, honestly, I doubt it. But it will be epic anyways!!! That live version almost sounded like the album version. The high notes were flawless... and the head voice was incredibly powerful and crystal clear! The high note parts and the head voice parts were awesome, but the other parts of the song (the first 1/2 or 2/3) could be better imo. Also, that live version didn't have the best video quality...so I hope we get some sort of HD or DVD release from this concert of her performing that song 1 Quote
meanttofly Posted May 26, 2013 at 11:33 PM Posted May 26, 2013 at 11:33 PM What about ON S'EST AIMÉ A CAUSE as a duet with a mele singer? That would be a good idea to promote a live dvd. Please, quit the english songs and focus on french catalogue! 2 Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted May 27, 2013 at 01:14 AM Posted May 27, 2013 at 01:14 AM (edited) I wonder since Celine joined Andrea in the Park in NYC a couple of years ago for "the Prayer", if he'll join her here for this event. Wouldn't that be amazing?????? Edited May 27, 2013 at 01:14 AM by Kyle_Jared 3 Quote
Timster Posted May 27, 2013 at 06:37 AM Posted May 27, 2013 at 06:37 AM I wonder since Celine joined Andrea in the Park in NYC a couple of years ago for "the Prayer", if he'll join her here for this event. Wouldn't that be amazing?????? That would be amazing, but something tells me it will be the TCWT video... Quote
Céline's Blues Posted May 27, 2013 at 08:51 PM Posted May 27, 2013 at 08:51 PM First good concert in 10 years. Now, here's hoping that her giant tape containers will derail on their way to Quebec and she will be forced to sing live like she used to. 2 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
quaizee Posted May 27, 2013 at 09:28 PM Posted May 27, 2013 at 09:28 PM (edited) Checking the tracklist for this concert...it definitely HAS TO be on dvd or at least broadcasted on tv!!! Edited May 27, 2013 at 09:30 PM by quaizee 1 Quote
Timster Posted May 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM Posted May 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM First good concert in 10 years. Now, here's hoping that her giant tape containers will derail on their way to Quebec and she will be forced to sing live like she used to. Haha I'm sure they're all digital now, if only they lose their hard drive Quote
Frenchie Posted May 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM Posted May 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM Ok, I know I'm 2 months late, but is this concert sold out? I got a job in the last 2months that os working out so far. Thx for the help! :-)Alicia Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted May 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM Posted May 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM no the concert is not sold out! You can get tickets for sections C, D and E. Tickets are $99 or $69 in those sections. They can be purchased on www.billetech.com Quote
Frenchie Posted May 30, 2013 at 02:07 AM Posted May 30, 2013 at 02:07 AM Thank u kyle!!Do you or anyone with experience know how far back section C is? I'm wonderin if they are decent seats. I don't want celine to look like a flea on the stage cause I'm so far back. Thx! Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted May 30, 2013 at 01:56 PM Posted May 30, 2013 at 01:56 PM Section C wouldn't be too bad..depends on when you arrive too..there are no assigned seating but it's general admission to THAT section for which you purchase a ticket. Rene has confirmed there will be Jumbo video screens in multiple locations and it will be fit-to scale production. Will be a show that is great from no matter where you are. Quote
c4n4d4 Posted May 30, 2013 at 06:32 PM Posted May 30, 2013 at 06:32 PM Really wish I could be going to this. Its shaping up to be one hell of a concert Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpgJanuary 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas
Tyler1991 Posted May 30, 2013 at 07:21 PM Posted May 30, 2013 at 07:21 PM I'm really surprised by the setlist. I really hope she is in top shape at this concert and delivers. No lipping, no duets in crazy lowered keys (or duets at all), no adlibbing hard parts and ruining a moment I know she is capable of still having. I'm happy, for so long I have, and others as well, have given her grief over the joke of a "francophone" concert she has been putting on the past 15+ years which has been majority English songs. I'm glad she is finally doing a concert with her usual French songs, but adding 5-6 songs we haven't heard in nearly 20 years as well as a couple new ones. Finally she is doing a proper French concert again. The only thing missing is Le Blues Du Businessman.... I know she is capable of MUCH better than the symphonic show performance in 2005...that simply can not be her last performance of that song!! Of every year since 1999, I'd say 2005 was the worst for her to sing that song... And since it's a one off deal and there's only a couple of English songs, it'd be nice if she'd sing the 4-5 english hits live for a change.... it's been 15 years for some of them... Quote
nuts2you Posted May 31, 2013 at 12:46 AM Posted May 31, 2013 at 12:46 AM this concert need to be on a DVD for sure, or broadcasted. Can anyone FB J productions/ Julie S team and find out of us or send them and e-mail somehow. Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 31, 2013 at 12:51 AM Posted May 31, 2013 at 12:51 AM I wonder why she would be closing with Le Miracle? Too soft imo. I wish she would close with SJNRDT. What a killer ending! Oh well still a great show! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
chocolatechip15 Posted May 31, 2013 at 03:32 AM Posted May 31, 2013 at 03:32 AM Did the article actually give the order of the songs? Or did it just say those were the songs that would be included? 1 Quote
celinefanonline Posted May 31, 2013 at 04:57 AM Posted May 31, 2013 at 04:57 AM she should close the concert with Je Ne Vous Oublie Pas this would be really nice and emotional too!!! especially if all of the audience would hold like candle / light that would be something Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
Tyler1991 Posted May 31, 2013 at 04:19 PM Posted May 31, 2013 at 04:19 PM I'm pretty sure that is the proper order of songs. Too many songs seem to be in their "usual" setlist placing for it to be a randomized list. Quote
drrose24 Posted May 31, 2013 at 04:44 PM Posted May 31, 2013 at 04:44 PM (edited) Hello, I have only posted once before here, but with the Quebec concert so close, I am wondering if there will be a meet-up of fans before or after the concert? I have inquired elsewhere, too, and heard no response. Since I will be traveling to Quebec just for this concert, it would be nice to make some new friend while I am there. Anyone? Dan Edited May 31, 2013 at 04:45 PM by drrose24 Quote Tu n'es pas l'amour de ma vie, tu es la vie de mon amour.
zuv Posted May 31, 2013 at 05:45 PM Posted May 31, 2013 at 05:45 PM I feel that they had the chance to try uptempo songs, other than LCMM and RDMH.... it was the best time to try it, no? Vegas people already know set list, they expect those songs and most arent that much of fans so they expect just hits, and they cant really change the setlist, its too organized and they need to be on time. But for this show in Quebec, people are coming to see Celine, why not try TTWII or something else They play too safe, i thought René was a gambler... he is losing his game... just saying.... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.