trls Posted June 3, 2012 at 09:44 AM Posted June 3, 2012 at 09:44 AM LOL I can't. Mentioning other flops doesn't make ANDHC any less of a disappointment. I never said Celine was more of a flop than other divas, I was talking about ANDHC as an individual album. Need I repeat again that Celine's last top ten hit in the US was in 1999? There's solid evidence that the label itself considered it a disappointment. I will try to find even more articles that I remember reading at the time. I know Celine's last top 10 hit was in 99, but it doesnt mean an album will sell well if it has a commercially successful single. For exemple, Norah Jones never had a high charting song on the hot 100, but she sells a lot of albums. Same thing with Josh Groban, Enya, or Michael Buble. A New Day may have failed in providing a hit song, but it still sold well and is not considered a flop. ps- the song "a new day has come" would of charted higher but they didnt release it as a physical single. it charted from airplay only. Plus the song peaked at number 1 on the united world chart. Quote
celinefanonline Posted June 3, 2012 at 09:55 AM Posted June 3, 2012 at 09:55 AM I know Celine's last top 10 hit was in 99, but it doesnt mean an album will sell well if it has a commercially successful single. For exemple, Norah Jones never had a high charting song on the hot 100, but she sells a lot of albums. Same thing with Josh Groban, Enya, or Michael Buble. A New Day may have failed in providing a hit song, but it still sold well and is not considered a flop. ps- the song "a new day has come" would of charted higher but they didnt release it as a physical single. it charted from airplay only. Plus the song peaked at number 1 on the united world chart. ??????????? ANDHC didn't release as a physical single???????? they did and i own many !!!u can see it, it's just 4th row down! Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
celinemaniacaik Posted June 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM Posted June 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM OMD 7 pages already and OMD Thank GOD Celine sang her older songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And she looked amazing! This gives me good feelings, feels like she's 'officially back', I mean really! And we may hear somethiong soon about her new album! Quote http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
Thomas Posted June 3, 2012 at 04:55 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 04:55 PM Any posts by ANY member calling people names, calling people out or generally being aggressive will be removed without notice and the member warned. There has been NO reason for the mods to get involved so far, this topic has been heated but civil. If you feel unable to contribute to the discussion in an appropriate manner then please exit the topic and do not read it. Quote
JCeline85 Posted June 3, 2012 at 05:40 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 05:40 PM Happy thoughts today is the 3rd.. 6 days and Celine's back! Quote The Wait Is Over?
seantrainor Posted June 3, 2012 at 05:42 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 05:42 PM Happy thoughts today is the 3rd.. 6 days and Celine's back!YAY!!!! Ooh I can't wait to see what changes they make to the show. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be amazing!! Quote https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbAYHWyU8AEWKub.jpg
JCeline85 Posted June 3, 2012 at 05:44 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 05:44 PM Did anyone find it comical that Celine said her and Rene stop at Walmart after her shows? I think if I were a Walmart employee and saw Celine shopping for groceries and stuff I'd wet myself. Perhaps she was just saying that lol bc I don't think Walmart is really a place where wealthy celebrities would flock to for supplies. Quote The Wait Is Over?
seantrainor Posted June 3, 2012 at 05:50 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 05:50 PM Did anyone find it comical that Celine said her and Rene stop at Walmart after her shows? I think if I were a Walmart employee and saw Celine shopping for groceries and stuff I'd wet myself. Perhaps she was just saying that lol bc I don't think Walmart is really a place where wealthy celebrities would flock to for supplies.Lol I did laugh, yeah. I thought it was funny. I was thinking to myself "if I saw Celine Dion, one of the world's biggest popstars, at WALMART, I'd probably walk up to her and say hi and introduce myself but I'd also be nervous and probably pass out because of how much I love her!!!" I was like, uhmm, Celine doesn't shop at Walmart she wears Valentino for God's sake... Quote https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbAYHWyU8AEWKub.jpg
JCeline85 Posted June 3, 2012 at 05:56 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 05:56 PM Lol right? I'm sure they told her to say that and I'm sure all of the people in the meeting were thinking to themselves... "riight..." Quote The Wait Is Over?
Peppercorn1991 Posted June 3, 2012 at 06:31 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 06:31 PM Here is an artical from ABC NEWS about the show: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/...olders-meeting/ kev x Quote
JCeline85 Posted June 3, 2012 at 06:45 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 06:45 PM Here is an artical from ABC NEWS about the show: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/...olders-meeting/ kev x Good article Quote The Wait Is Over?
seantrainor Posted June 3, 2012 at 06:56 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 06:56 PM Here is an artical from ABC NEWS about the show: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/...olders-meeting/ kev xLoved the article Kev!! Thanks honey. Quote https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbAYHWyU8AEWKub.jpg
Ray Posted June 3, 2012 at 06:57 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 06:57 PM Loved the performance. And why should Celine sing newer songs? She hasn't got a new album to promote. Quote Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
maceta_biloxi Posted June 3, 2012 at 07:05 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 07:05 PM (edited) Wow I went again to Walmart's page and they delete Celine's performance from the video... Shocking! Luckily there are recordings in youtube. Edited June 3, 2012 at 07:06 PM by maceta_biloxi Quote Do What You Want But Harm No One http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs939.snc4/73202_10150111343007542_831827541_7586213_4279368_n.jpg...Looking Alike!?
ashtonelijah Posted June 3, 2012 at 07:31 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 07:31 PM Wow I went again to Walmart's page and they delete Celine's performance from the video... Shocking! Luckily there are recordings in youtube. That's probably because they know that video of her performing IACBTMN/TPOL is already out in Jamaica and will be on the DVD/BluRay for Vegas. They don't want that many official instances of her performing the same track to get out. I guess we will have a totally different vocal for the Vegas DVD. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
riobeard11 Posted June 3, 2012 at 07:38 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 07:38 PM That's probably because they know that video of her performing IACBTMN/TPOL is already out in Jamaica and will be on the DVD/BluRay for Vegas. They don't want that many official instances of her performing the same track to get out. I guess we will have a totally different vocal for the Vegas DVD. That's most likely the reason. Quote
ashtonelijah Posted June 3, 2012 at 07:53 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 07:53 PM Meaning Rene and team gave Walmart a call real quick. Couldn't they at least have made different tracks for Jamaica and Walmart so we could have official videos? I just wonder when this is going to finally catch up with them. I really don't want Céline's lip-synching to get out in the press and her reputation to be tarnished. Because we all know that she can sing everything she lip synchs just as well live if she wants to. I just don't get why she does it so much. A little is understandable to rest her voice, maybe on 2 or 3 songs in Vegas. But why at Walmart or Jamaica? It's ridiculous. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
zuv Posted June 3, 2012 at 07:58 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 07:58 PM (edited) Great to see her. But God im sick of these songs. Still better than nothing, but i'll admit that i read which songs were going to be performed before watching the video and thought about not watching it at all. I did not feel any excitement.... cause i knew it was going to be the same old liped songs and the same old live LCMM. Seen them, heard them millions of times, yet i decided to watch just because i love the woman and because i missed her. Awwwwwww to me. Lol Edited June 3, 2012 at 07:58 PM by zuv Quote
slk9683 Posted June 3, 2012 at 08:20 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 08:20 PM Hey we all may be sick of these performances but according to the abcnews article Taylor Swift performed as well, but her set wasn’t included on the webcast of the event at the request of her record label. Rene could have had the same thing happen with Celine's performance, but he didn't. So at least we got to see the video. Quote
sfbaysinger Posted June 3, 2012 at 08:48 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 08:48 PM (edited) Since there has been some mention about how Celine will be looked at/remembered/memorialized when she passes, I'd just like to remind everyone what happened when we lost Whitney. There was constant coverage on CNN about it, and yes, there was mention of her unfortunate addiction, but what will Always overshadow that is her amazing voice and big Now I know this is not the Whitney topic, and, as has also been stated, I don't like the need to compare or bring up other singers. I believe Celine's work stands for itself/gives her credit enough without having to tare other singers down just so she can look good. She does that all by herself all on her own. I am simply saying that when she leaves us, what will Not be mentioned is that she always/only gave the same performances (or so many of them) over and over. Yes, my heart will go on Will be mentioned, but what people will be talking about are not the things I'm seeing in this topic. It sadly may be what some hard-core or former die-hards choose to focus on, but what the majority of the public, even non-fans/fellow celeberities will remember/think of is1 her humongous voice2 her warm, large heart, especially with 3 her comprehensive charity work4 her love of family, friends, fans, others and lifeNo matter what she may or may not do, that's how I and I'm sure many others, will always see her! Edited June 3, 2012 at 09:04 PM by sfbaysinger Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
mohamed mehdi Posted June 3, 2012 at 08:50 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 08:50 PM i don't know why she sings always the same songs despite she had other beautifull songs more important like nothing broking my heart sorry for love just litte and bite of love with this tear refuse to dancethose songs are more beautifull than it's all coming back to me now , ... these are the same songs performed as usual that's very annoying i should that she takes a rest and restart after that , and good luck for her , i love her but that's not a reson to not critisize her she should take a rest and a pause and change her way because it'es coming like a machine who do the same sound all the time and that's dangerous Quote
dmeredith Posted June 3, 2012 at 09:07 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 09:07 PM Happy thoughts today is the 3rd.. 6 days and Celine's back! I totally agree "JCeline85"!!! I'm excited that we don't have many more days until the shows start again!!! We are in countdown mode!!! Quote
dmeredith Posted June 3, 2012 at 09:11 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 09:11 PM Did anyone find it comical that Celine said her and Rene stop at Walmart after her shows? I think if I were a Walmart employee and saw Celine shopping for groceries and stuff I'd wet myself. Perhaps she was just saying that lol bc I don't think Walmart is really a place where wealthy celebrities would flock to for supplies. Yes, I found it really funny!! I can't imagine Celine walking into Walmart for her pickles and chips after a show. Of course, she might stay in the car and let her driver go in for her, but I find even that hard to believe. I laughed out loud when I heard her say that she and Rene go shopping there often. Quote
dmeredith Posted June 3, 2012 at 09:12 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 09:12 PM Here is an artical from ABC NEWS about the show: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/...olders-meeting/ kev x Thanks for the link "Peppercorn1991"!!! Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted June 3, 2012 at 09:28 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 09:28 PM (edited) I know Celine's last top 10 hit was in 99, but it doesnt mean an album will sell well if it has a commercially successful single. For exemple, Norah Jones never had a high charting song on the hot 100, but she sells a lot of albums. Same thing with Josh Groban, Enya, or Michael Buble. A New Day may have failed in providing a hit song, but it still sold well and is not considered a flop. ps- the song "a new day has come" would of charted higher but they didnt release it as a physical single. it charted from airplay only. Plus the song peaked at number 1 on the united world chart. These are all unfair comparisons. To begin with none of them were ever as strong radio artists as Celine was. Norah only had one huge album and it was strongly due to the buzz of word of mouth and critical acclaim. Which is even more funny because it had NONE of the huge glitzy promotion ANDHC did yet eclipsed it in sales and went diamond (and it was released the same year, 2002). Comparatively, even Celine is much less of a singles artist in the US than someone like Mariah, but in the 90's she still got good airplay. Airplay was a major factor in Celine's sales, since she never had critical acclaim. As for Josh and Enya, due to the type of music they sing, they really never had a place on top 40 radio as they belong to a more niche market, not mainstream pop. Josh's biggest selling album (a Christmas album) almost came out of nowhere for a lot of people, whereas Enya's biggest selling effort came on an album that featured "Only time", one of the few songs of hers that actually got heavy radio airplay in the wake of 9-11. And for the other member's excuses of the album sales market's decline in 2002 - I already covered that, and my point is the market in 2002 it wasn't as bad as 2012. People are exaggerating. In fact, all 3 of the artists you mentioned above had some of their best sales around the time ANDHC was released. Sorry, there is no greater proof that it was a disappointment than the fact that the label itself agrees with me Edited June 3, 2012 at 09:42 PM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
PaulQ Posted June 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM I would have taken BYLM over LCMM exactly for that reason: it was just embarrassing. I did not even comment on that, but I totally agree with you, Timster. All I heard was Celine's shrieking over the choir. If she can't even bother to sing that song properly, she might as well just leave it. I just don't get her obsession with that song. She has soooooo many more upbeat fun songs she can sing. Every singer has his/her favorite song. For example, Laura pausini keeps singing io canto at many events when her fans want to hear something different. These people/singers are going to keep ignoring us and doing as they please. Quote http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae122/ptjmwa/2778236-3933894.jpg
PaulQ Posted June 3, 2012 at 10:21 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 10:21 PM Did anyone find it comical that Celine said her and Rene stop at Walmart after her shows? I think if I were a Walmart employee and saw Celine shopping for groceries and stuff I'd wet myself. Perhaps she was just saying that lol bc I don't think Walmart is really a place where wealthy celebrities would flock to for supplies.If you did see Celine at Walmart that would be very convenient. You could go to the music section of the store, grab a celine dion cd and have her sign it! haha. Quote http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae122/ptjmwa/2778236-3933894.jpg
ZoraSourit Posted June 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM Posted June 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM She looks wonderful and her voice is amazing, as always! Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpgAntwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ ArrasSome people need no slogans or presentations. And that was a wrap, folks!
québecflower Posted June 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM Posted June 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM Since there has been some mention about how Celine will be looked at/remembered/memorialized when she passes, I'd just like to remind everyone what happened when we lost Whitney. There was constant coverage on CNN about it, and yes, there was mention of her unfortunate addiction, but what will Always overshadow that is her amazing voice and big Now I know this is not the Whitney topic, and, as has also been stated, I don't like the need to compare or bring up other singers. I believe Celine's work stands for itself/gives her credit enough without having to tare other singers down just so she can look good. She does that all by herself all on her own. I am simply saying that when she leaves us, what will Not be mentioned is that she always/only gave the same performances (or so many of them) over and over. Yes, my heart will go on Will be mentioned, but what people will be talking about are not the things I'm seeing in this topic. It sadly may be what some hard-core or former die-hards choose to focus on, but what the majority of the public, even non-fans/fellow celeberities will remember/think of is1 her humongous voice2 her warm, large heart, especially with 3 her comprehensive charity work4 her love of family, friends, fans, others and lifeNo matter what she may or may not do, that's how I and I'm sure many others, will always see her! and i will add :numerous live performances, really live, at the oscar, 9/11, junos, grammy, and others....I appreciate her just for that. It takes nerves of steel. For the moment , it is less stellar but wait and see. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.