DestinMg5 Posted February 9, 2018 at 03:09 AM Posted February 9, 2018 at 03:09 AM Ha! It’s truuuuee!!! LOL LOL Quote [url=http://s1383.photobucket
marc-02 Posted February 23, 2018 at 10:06 AM Posted February 23, 2018 at 10:06 AM Rick Nowels, who wrote and produced "Falling Into You" (the song)... recently revealed in an interview that Madonna had told him how he liked the song (well, at least that what she said)... https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/madonnas-ray-of-light-6-things-you-didnt-know-w516946 1. Although the project's synth-centric final results earned her the passing nickname Veronica Electronica, Madonna didn't initially plan to work with songwriter Rick Nowels or producer William Orbit.After Evita, Madonna reunited with Babyface, co-producer and co-writer of Bedtime Stories' "Take a Bow," which had topped the Hot 100 for seven weeks in 1995. But according to the smooth-soul magnate, "Madonna didn't want or need to repeat herself." Spotting her at Barney's department store when he'd come to Manhattan for the Grammys, producer and songwriter Rick Nowels – now Lana Del Rey's primary collaborator – impulsively introduced himself. "I told her I was nominated for a Grammy for Celine Dion's 'Falling Into You,'" he recalls. Much to his surprise, she replied, "Oh, I love that song." This led to a meeting at her home, where, according to Nowels, "She said she had no idea what the new album was going to be." At Nowels' Mulholland Drive home studio, the pair wrote nine songs in 10 days. 2 Quote
winforlife Posted February 24, 2018 at 03:03 AM Posted February 24, 2018 at 03:03 AM Rick Nowels, who wrote and produced "Falling Into You" (the song)... recently revealed in an interview that Madonna had told him how he liked the song (well, at least that what she said)... https://www.rollings...nt-know-w516946 1. Although the project's synth-centric final results earned her the passing nickname Veronica Electronica, Madonna didn't initially plan to work with songwriter Rick Nowels or producer William Orbit.After Evita, Madonna reunited with Babyface, co-producer and co-writer of Bedtime Stories' "Take a Bow," which had topped the Hot 100 for seven weeks in 1995. But according to the smooth-soul magnate, "Madonna didn't want or need to repeat herself." Spotting her at Barney's department store when he'd come to Manhattan for the Grammys, producer and songwriter Rick Nowels – now Lana Del Rey's primary collaborator – impulsively introduced himself. "I told her I was nominated for a Grammy for Celine Dion's 'Falling Into You,'" he recalls. Much to his surprise, she replied, "Oh, I love that song." This led to a meeting at her home, where, according to Nowels, "She said she had no idea what the new album was going to be." At Nowels' Mulholland Drive home studio, the pair wrote nine songs in 10 days.Yesterday I saw this in RS magazine. Glad you posted it. I know Madonna's dad loves Céline's music but surprised when I read she liked "Falling Into You". Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg
québecflower Posted February 24, 2018 at 03:05 AM Posted February 24, 2018 at 03:05 AM Yesterday I saw this in RS magazine. Glad you posted it. I know Madonna's dad loves Céline's music but surprised when I read she liked "Falling Into You".she got some taste... 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
jpatdeleon09 Posted February 24, 2018 at 05:09 AM Posted February 24, 2018 at 05:09 AM And Madonna's dad loves Céline Dion. Madonna always says that in interview 3 Quote
winforlife Posted February 25, 2018 at 03:53 AM Posted February 25, 2018 at 03:53 AM And Madonna's dad loves Céline Dion. Madonna always says that in interviewIf I understand you correctly, Madonna's answer in all interviews has been a thumbs up for the song? Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg
jpatdeleon09 Posted February 25, 2018 at 04:28 AM Posted February 25, 2018 at 04:28 AM If I understand you correctly, Madonna's answer in all interviews has been a thumbs up for the song? Not just for this song. But Madonna's dad really loves Céline. Quote
nuts2you Posted February 25, 2018 at 09:52 PM Posted February 25, 2018 at 09:52 PM if Madonna's dad loves celine , then WHY HAVENT we seen him at her concerts , :hmm: Quote
celine4evauk Posted February 25, 2018 at 09:55 PM Posted February 25, 2018 at 09:55 PM if Madonna's dad loves celine , then WHY HAVENT we seen him at her concerts , :hmm: Lol you can love a singer or group without seeing them live. There’s loads I’ve never seen in concert. Doesn’t mean I’m less of a fan than someone who has. But who knows, maybe he has, we just haven’t noticed him! 1 Quote
angelil78 Posted February 25, 2018 at 10:00 PM Posted February 25, 2018 at 10:00 PM I'd love to know the meaning behind Breakaway. Quote
Bruno Portugal Posted February 25, 2018 at 10:11 PM Posted February 25, 2018 at 10:11 PM (edited) if Madonna's dad loves celine , then WHY HAVENT we seen him at her concerts , :hmm: When asked in an interview in late 1990's Madonna's father said his favourite singer was Celine Dion. It was a shock because the reporter was expecting Madonna to be the answer to that question. Edited February 25, 2018 at 10:18 PM by Bruno Portugal Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
celine4evauk Posted February 25, 2018 at 10:16 PM Posted February 25, 2018 at 10:16 PM I'd love to know the meaning behind Breakaway. Don’t think it’s the chocolate bar 😂 Quote
angelil78 Posted February 25, 2018 at 10:35 PM Posted February 25, 2018 at 10:35 PM Don't think it's the chocolate bar nope haha. Sigh now I want some Cadbury 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted February 26, 2018 at 12:32 AM Posted February 26, 2018 at 12:32 AM if Madonna's dad loves celine , then WHY HAVENT we seen him at her concerts , :hmm: Who knows what he even looks like? Lol 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
winforlife Posted February 26, 2018 at 02:14 AM Posted February 26, 2018 at 02:14 AM Not just for this song. But Madonna's dad really loves Céline.I know Madonna's dad is a Céline Dion fan but surprised Madonna had anything positive to say about CD. I remember when she presented Best Song at the Oscars, Madonna rolled her eyes or something close to that... it's on youtube somewhere. 3 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg
jpatdeleon09 Posted February 26, 2018 at 04:59 AM Posted February 26, 2018 at 04:59 AM I know Madonna's dad is a Céline Dion fan but surprised Madonna had anything positive to say about CD. I remember when she presented Best Song at the Oscars, Madonna rolled her eyes or something close to that... it's on youtube somewhere. And saying "What a shocker!" 1 Quote
andreaaas Posted February 26, 2018 at 07:18 AM Posted February 26, 2018 at 07:18 AM That doesn’t mean it was against Céline, i think it was more because of the song was everywhere I know Madonna's dad is a Céline Dion fan but surprised Madonna had anything positive to say about CD. I remember when she presented Best Song at the Oscars, Madonna rolled her eyes or something close to that... it's on youtube somewhere. 3 Quote http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9793/edwarddd.jpg Here we go, uh
celine4evauk Posted February 26, 2018 at 08:09 AM Posted February 26, 2018 at 08:09 AM I know Madonna's dad is a Céline Dion fan but surprised Madonna had anything positive to say about CD. I remember when she presented Best Song at the Oscars, Madonna rolled her eyes or something close to that... it's on youtube somewhere. That’s because Titanic and MHWGO was winning almost everything 😂 4 Quote
Javito Posted February 26, 2018 at 09:32 AM Posted February 26, 2018 at 09:32 AM Madonna’s “Frozen” single wasn’t unimportant either those days... I think MHWGO and Frozen were hand in hand that year with radio airplay. The belonging album Ray Of Light was also a smash hit and one of her best albums to date. 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Dancing_Queen Posted February 26, 2018 at 12:16 PM Posted February 26, 2018 at 12:16 PM Though Madonna can definitely be shady (and I'll be damned if I don't love her for it 😁), I think in this particular instance, she just meant to say 'well duh, who else was gonna win?'. 2 Quote
winforlife Posted February 27, 2018 at 02:43 AM Posted February 27, 2018 at 02:43 AM And saying "What a shocker!"Madge has never been one for hiding her true feelings Don't get me wrong, before Céline was in my life(lol) , I loved most of Madonna's music. " Ray of Light" was her best album and some of the videos were haunting and artistically well done,imo. I wish Céline would take a chance and put her heart and soul into a good video for her new album. Just one video... 3 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg
Peppercorn1991 Posted February 27, 2018 at 07:24 AM Author Posted February 27, 2018 at 07:24 AM I love Madonna....there I said it Kev c 4 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted March 6, 2018 at 04:49 AM Posted March 6, 2018 at 04:49 AM Madge has never been one for hiding her true feelings Don't get me wrong, before Céline was in my life(lol) , I loved most of Madonna's music. " Ray of Light" was her best album and some of the videos were haunting and artistically well done,imo. I wish Céline would take a chance and put her heart and soul into a good video for her new album. Just one video... My favorite Madonna song comes from the “Ray Of Light” album - “Nothing Really Matters.” 1 Quote
duchess83 Posted March 8, 2018 at 12:44 PM Posted March 8, 2018 at 12:44 PM Some more info about "Falling Into You" from an unexpected place: Belinda Carlisle. Her memoir is about 8 years old and she wrote that FIY is a song that got away from her. (Just for the record, she missed out on "Torn," which became a huge hit for Natalie Imbruglia, in almost the same way.) 2 Quote
Davey84 Posted March 8, 2018 at 01:01 PM Posted March 8, 2018 at 01:01 PM Some more info about "Falling Into You" from an unexpected place: Belinda Carlisle. Her memoir is about 8 years old and she wrote that FIY is a song that got away from her. (Just for the record, she missed out on "Torn," which became a huge hit for Natalie Imbruglia, in almost the same way.) LOL then you'd feel real screwed!! Who's this Miles person? 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
duchess83 Posted March 8, 2018 at 01:07 PM Posted March 8, 2018 at 01:07 PM LOL then you'd feel real screwed!! Who's this Miles person? Right? I should've included that: Miles is Miles Copeland, who managed The Police when they were the biggest band in the world and then Sting when he went solo. Ark21 was his indie label in the 90s. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted March 8, 2018 at 01:09 PM Posted March 8, 2018 at 01:09 PM (edited) Wow! I didn't know that someone recorded "Falling Into You" earlier than Céline. It's a cover. For me, Marie Claire's version sounds like a demo. Edited March 8, 2018 at 01:12 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
duchess83 Posted March 8, 2018 at 06:13 PM Posted March 8, 2018 at 06:13 PM (edited) And while I'm at it, here's a page of Madonna's handwritten notes that looks like a list of influences, like a moodboard. There's no date but from the sound of some of these works I'm guessing this was for her Bedtime Stories album (which I love ). And, Celine is included. Edited March 8, 2018 at 06:13 PM by duchess83 5 Quote
comingback Posted March 8, 2018 at 08:00 PM Posted March 8, 2018 at 08:00 PM (edited) http://www.bigbangnews.com/__export/1454617317007/sites/bigbang/img/actualidad/2016/02/04/madonna_celine_1.jpg_1810791533.jpgLove them both :wub: Edited March 8, 2018 at 08:03 PM by comingback 6 Quote
HushNow Posted March 11, 2018 at 09:31 PM Posted March 11, 2018 at 09:31 PM Right? I should've included that: Miles is Miles Copeland, who managed The Police when they were the biggest band in the world and then Sting when he went solo. Ark21 was his indie label in the 90s. So funny that Sting of all people then presented the Album of the year Grammy for Falling Into You Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.