Jump to content

Céline to appear at this year's MDA telethon


Recommended Posts

Posted
Why don't you enlighten those of us who don't know what you are referring to...

 

Could you be any more naive? :rolleyes:

 

 

Think about it, now, we know that she has filmed a performance from the Vegas show, so there's only one question left: which song from the show fits better the theme of the telethon? I'd say Lullaby, Ne Me Quitte Pas, All By Myself or My Heart Will Go On. Don't you guys agree?

 

I doubt she'd perform a french track and the last two songs are highly doubtful, so I'd say Lullaby :confused:

Posted
Think about it, now, we know that she has filmed a performance from the Vegas show, so there's only one question left: which song from the show fits better the theme of the telethon? I'd say Lullaby, Ne Me Quitte Pas, All By Myself or My Heart Will Go On. Don't you guys agree?

 

She could do Beauty and the Beast. That I would love to see! I'd love to see MHWGO with the waterfall, though i have my doubts she'll give the big finale away. It's anyone's guess at this point to what she'll submit. Guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks!

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted
I doubt she'd perform a french track and the last two songs are highly doubtful, so I'd say Lullaby

 

Yeah, I also think that's the video we're gonna get.

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted (edited)
I guess it could indeed be expected - and as in 2003 it is the choice that Celine has made to reconcile performing and family life in a way that pleases her. This may not be the only possible way, and it is clearly not the way you seem to prefer, but it is just like that. And all your whining and complaining won't change that a bit, so you might want to consider to live with it...

 

But don't you worry: If her career is really dead (as you suggest), it all will soon be over and you can close this book named Celine Dion :msn-wink:

 

I never said it was dead, but if we take the comparison with an ill, I think it's entering a prolongued status of coma, that began in 2003, and they're insisting in not waking up from it. And the ill doesn't want to take any medicine to recover from that deep sleep, he feels comfortable in it :)

Edited by Javito

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
I heard they were just going to send a copy of her new MHWGO playback and let it play over the speakers. They were to bothered to make an actual video performance, or show up in person with her or the band.
Posted
I heard they were just going to send a copy of her new MHWGO playback and let it play over the speakers. They were to bothered to make an actual video performance, or show up in person with her or the band.

 

Really?!?! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

 

 

:clap: :clap: :kicking: :kicking: :clap: :clap:

Posted
Yes, but other conflicting reports said they are just buying a copy of the Olympia CD and playing "The Power Of Love" with hologram version of Celine as a stand-in to perform it.
Posted (edited)
Hope she will sing If I Could or Love Can Move Mountains. :wub: Edited by Céline's Blues
http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted

Just when I was about to suggest we'd exorcise Seb out of mr Tyler, he himself showed up to the party. Interesting. :hmm:

 

I'm gonna back off for a while and enjoy the cat fight.

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.
Posted
Just when I was about to suggest we'd exorcise Seb out of mr Tyler, he himself showed up to the party. Interesting. :hmm:

 

I'm gonna back off for a while and enjoy the cat fight.

 

/fred

 

 

I'm sorry Fred, but that made me laugh. :yes: :giggle: I agree, as well. :yes:

Posted
Could you be any more naive? :rolleyes:

 

That's a bit rich to call someone naive - instead of making a reasoned and understandable argument. So, sorry for thinking that a real discussion with you was possible - looking at other posts of yours I should have known better...

Posted (edited)
I never said it was dead, but if we take the comparison with an ill, I think it's entering a prolongued status of coma, that began in 2003, and they're insisting in not waking up from it. And the ill doesn't want to take any medicine to recover from that deep sleep, he feels comfortable in it :)

 

You know what? I even agree with some things you say, Javito, but my problem is that you make your points in such an exaggerated way that it is very difficult to take you seriously - especially given that almost everytime someone challenges you, you slightly modify your position and end up with a more moderate and calm argument.

 

And I think your point about the coma is still too dramatic: Sure, she has someow retreated from the industry, but do you really think she could still be as successful as in the 1990s? She could do certainly more promotion, focus more on her music..., but what if her priorities have really changed? What is wrong with going ahead as she has done since 2003 and to invite those fans who still want to follow her to join her on this journey? If somebody doesn't like it, they are of course free to look elsewhere.

 

And do you seriously want to argue that the time since 2003 has been wasted? Yes, there is more that could have been done, but I think the TCWT was her best tour, that her first Vegas show was groundbreaking not only with regards to shows in Vegas but in general, and I like both Taking Chances and D'elles, although they are very different. And although you might not agree, I also think that 1F4T is a very good album.

 

In short, she has done a lot great stuff since 2003 and I personally am glad that she is still around and doing things properly. Like everybody else, I don't know what her new English album will look like (and my hopes are higher for the French one), but I'm willing to wait and see.

 

And just one final thing, at the risk of repeating myself: I think Celine is in one group with legendary entertainers like Elvis or Frank Sinatra. She is not and has never been a singer-songwriter who wants to change the world of music with complex compositions and lyrics; she is not and has never been someone who tries to jump on every band-wagon to be 'relevant' in the eyes of some useless music critics. And if you judge her career from this point of view, I'm sure your judgement would be much more positive.

 

The 'problem' with Celine is that she has the talent to be many different things (and the gap between her English and French career illustrates this) and that every fan has a pretty precise idea of the direction she should follow, causing frustrations if she doesn't. But she has made her choice and I'm nevertheless confident that she will continue to surprise us - not only in a negative way :wink:

Edited by enno2007
Posted
The telethon is going to air on my9tv FOX affiliate in New Jersey; Is someone able to record the show for us?
Posted
That's a bit rich to call someone naive - instead of making a reasoned and understandable argument. So, sorry for thinking that a real discussion with you was possible - looking at other posts of yours I should have known better...

 

Yes, because you may be the amongst the minority who doesn't know why Celine may not be there live. She's on her vacation :rolleyes:

 

As for you not being able to hold a 'real discussion' with me, I'm at no loss here, so the feeling's mutual when you say that. -_-

 

 

 

 

Anyways, back to topic: Read at another forum/site that the song is 'Lullaby' via satellite. Oh, how I pray for it to be not true! :pinch:

 

But who knows, that news may have been taken from here itself :giggle:

Posted (edited)
Yes, because you may be the amongst the minority who doesn't know why Celine may not be there live. She's on her vacation :rolleyes:

 

As for you not being able to hold a 'real discussion' with me, I'm at no loss here, so the feeling's mutual when you say that. -_-

Anyways, back to topic: Read at another forum/site that the song is 'Lullaby' via satellite. Oh, how I pray for it to be not true! :pinch:

 

But who knows, that news may have been taken from here itself :giggle:

 

I was aware of the fact that she will not perform in Vegas at this time (which by the way doesn't mean that she's on vacation - or do you have her schedule?), but I had the impression that your message implied another, more profound reason. My mistake...

 

And as you called me naive for not thinking about this: You might want to check the meaning of "naive" so that you can use it properly the next time :whistling:

Edited by enno2007
Posted
You know what? I even agree with some things you say, Javito, but my problem is that you make your points in such an exaggerated way that it is very difficult to take you seriously - especially given that almost everytime someone challenges you, you slightly modify your position and end up with a more moderate and calm argument.

 

And I think your point about the coma is still too dramatic: Sure, she has someow retreated from the industry, but do you really think she could still be as successful as in the 1990s? She could do certainly more promotion, focus more on her music..., but what if her priorities have really changed? What is wrong with going ahead as she has done since 2003 and to invite those fans who still want to follow her to join her on this journey? If somebody doesn't like it, they are of course free to look elsewhere.

 

And do you seriously want to argue that the time since 2003 has been wasted? Yes, there is more that could have been done, but I think the TCWT was her best tour, that her first Vegas show was groundbreaking not only with regards to shows in Vegas but in general, and I like both Taking Chances and D'elles, although they are very different. And although you might not agree, I also think that 1F4T is a very good album.

 

In short, she has done a lot great stuff since 2003 and I personally am glad that she is still around and doing things properly. Like everybody else, I don't know what her new English album will look like (and my hopes are higher for the French one), but I'm willing to wait and see.

 

And just one final thing, at the risk of repeating myself: I think Celine is in one group with legendary entertainers like Elvis or Frank Sinatra. She is not and has never been a singer-songwriter who wants to change the world of music with complex compositions and lyrics; she is not and has never been someone who tries to jump on every band-wagon to be 'relevant' in the eyes of some useless music critics. And if you judge her career from this point of view, I'm sure your judgement would be much more positive.

 

The 'problem' with Celine is that she has the talent to be many different things (and the gap between her English and French career illustrates this) and that every fan has a pretty precise idea of the direction she should follow, causing frustrations if she doesn't. But she has made her choice and I'm nevertheless confident that she will continue to surprise us - not only in a negative way :wink:

 

You totally nailed it. :flowers:

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted
Wow, this topic is turning into the topic on Celine's Voice. :doh:
Posted
You know what? I even agree with some things you say, Javito, but my problem is that you make your points in such an exaggerated way that it is very difficult to take you seriously - especially given that almost everytime someone challenges you, you slightly modify your position and end up with a more moderate and calm argument.

 

And I think your point about the coma is still too dramatic: Sure, she has someow retreated from the industry, but do you really think she could still be as successful as in the 1990s? She could do certainly more promotion, focus more on her music..., but what if her priorities have really changed? What is wrong with going ahead as she has done since 2003 and to invite those fans who still want to follow her to join her on this journey? If somebody doesn't like it, they are of course free to look elsewhere.

 

And do you seriously want to argue that the time since 2003 has been wasted? Yes, there is more that could have been done, but I think the TCWT was her best tour, that her first Vegas show was groundbreaking not only with regards to shows in Vegas but in general, and I like both Taking Chances and D'elles, although they are very different. And although you might not agree, I also think that 1F4T is a very good album.

 

In short, she has done a lot great stuff since 2003 and I personally am glad that she is still around and doing things properly. Like everybody else, I don't know what her new English album will look like (and my hopes are higher for the French one), but I'm willing to wait and see.

 

And just one final thing, at the risk of repeating myself: I think Celine is in one group with legendary entertainers like Elvis or Frank Sinatra. She is not and has never been a singer-songwriter who wants to change the world of music with complex compositions and lyrics; she is not and has never been someone who tries to jump on every band-wagon to be 'relevant' in the eyes of some useless music critics. And if you judge her career from this point of view, I'm sure your judgement would be much more positive.

 

The 'problem' with Celine is that she has the talent to be many different things (and the gap between her English and French career illustrates this) and that every fan has a pretty precise idea of the direction she should follow, causing frustrations if she doesn't. But she has made her choice and I'm nevertheless confident that she will continue to surprise us - not only in a negative way :wink:

 

You make some valid points, but I think what Javito and I mean by her career is dying a slow death or that it is in a coma is that her career is basically dead as far as the music industry is concerned. Yes, Celine has reached legendary status, yes she still sells out and she probably will for the next hundred years. However, outside of Vegas, the music industry has completely forgotten about her. Both her and her hits are just a memory. Yes, Celine's priorities have changed and yes we are thankful she still performs. None of us are asking her to try and be relevant, all we ask is that she sings her own music and try and move away from the lullabys and covers. People can't take note of her when she sings all these songs on TV all the time. They take one look at it and think to themselves that Celine is one of the most boring singers ever. Like I've said a million times before, I love Celine dearly, but even I'm getting tired of her song choices in the last few years. Once again this will be very dissapointing for me if she indeed sings ''Lullaby''.


http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg

Posted (edited)
You make some valid points, but I think what Javito and I mean by her career is dying a slow death or that it is in a coma is that her career is basically dead as far as the music industry is concerned. Yes, Celine has reached legendary status, yes she still sells out and she probably will for the next hundred years. However, outside of Vegas, the music industry has completely forgotten about her. Both her and her hits are just a memory. Yes, Celine's priorities have changed and yes we are thankful she still performs. None of us are asking her to try and be relevant, all we ask is that she sings her own music and try and move away from the lullabys and covers. People can't take note of her when she sings all these songs on TV all the time. They take one look at it and think to themselves that Celine is one of the most boring singers ever. Like I've said a million times before, I love Celine dearly, but even I'm getting tired of her song choices in the last few years. Once again this will be very dissapointing for me if she indeed sings ''Lullaby''.

 

True, but here's the thing....what if she actually WANTS to do that. It's not as they force her to do it (then it would be a whole different matter). Then you'd be better of being a more 'casual' fan or be a bigger fan of another artist who rarely sings covers or lullaby's. Whether people (fans) like it or not, this is what she does now, what she wants to do now. Who knows...maybe she will surprise us with her new album or in 5 years, but this is just how it is... and by bringing up the same thing over and over again (to fans, who even mostly agree with the mentioned points), doesn't change the situation . You'd be better off writing 100 letters/e-mails/faxes if you want to try and make a difference.

 

(And I don't mean people can't whine or have to agree with anything, by all means, please! But some things really get too repetitive.)

Edited by CSCfan

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

Can you people seriously stop the useless chit-chat and answer my question?

 

Who's going to record the show and post it online?

Posted
You know what? I even agree with some things you say, Javito, but my problem is that you make your points in such an exaggerated way that it is very difficult to take you seriously - especially given that almost everytime someone challenges you, you slightly modify your position and end up with a more moderate and calm argument.

 

So what reaction or tone do you expect from me? Do you want me to panic or something about it? :rolleyes: I try to reply everyone with all the respect and manners I can in a language that's not my mother tongue. If that has annoyed you in any moment, I suggest you just to ignore my comments.

 

And I think your point about the coma is still too dramatic: Sure, she has someow retreated from the industry, but do you really think she could still be as successful as in the 1990s?

 

Of course she could, like Madonna is with every thing she does. If only she had cared enough about singing and promoting her own songs each time she released a new album. And having a good team around her would have helped too.

 

She could do certainly more promotion, focus more on her music..., but what if her priorities have really changed? What is wrong with going ahead as she has done since 2003 and to invite those fans who still want to follow her to join her on this journey? If somebody doesn't like it, they are of course free to look elsewhere.

 

Again, like I've said a zillion times, I don't understand what "her new priorities" and "conciliating her family with her career" has to do with:

 

1) singing her own songs

2) promoting each new album decently

3) talking about her music some more and not about her husband/mother/babies that much

4) having an efficient team who promotes her music in radios/TV properly.

 

It has nothing to do one thing with the other. What's the obstacle? What's restraining her to do that, can you tell me? :)

 

And do you seriously want to argue that the time since 2003 has been wasted? Yes, there is more that could have been done, but I think the TCWT was her best tour, that her first Vegas show was groundbreaking not only with regards to shows in Vegas but in general, and I like both Taking Chances and D'elles, although they are very different. And although you might not agree, I also think that 1F4T is a very good album.

 

I never said she wasted her time since 2003 that she did all wrong. Please don't put words in my mouth that I never said like that. But I do say that extending the original "A New Day" contract from march 2006 to december 2007 WAS indeed a waste of time, and a ruin to her voice (just the same I believe it is a waste of time her second return to that place these days :))

 

She has recorded some great albums and songs since 2003, and yes, I do LOVE 1F&4T, especially because its a very different album from the rest, it has a kind of "folk" sound that I enjoy a lot. Lately I like her "different" songs more and more, because we're getting them less and less each time (since she's singing the same kind of material more and more)

 

The 'problem' with Celine is that she has the talent to be many different things (and the gap between her English and French career illustrates this) and that every fan has a pretty precise idea of the direction she should follow, causing frustrations if she doesn't. But she has made her choice and I'm nevertheless confident that she will continue to surprise us - not only in a negative way :wink:

 

Yes, she has made her choice, but that's not an obstacle for fans wishing and demanding her to do other kind of things :) For some obscure reason that I cannot get to unveil, many fans are totally excited if Céline sings tomorrow for the umpteenth time Because You Loved Me or MHWGO, no matter she has sang them more than 1,000 times already, or react like crazy if she sings songs like "My Love" or "Lullaby" in TV in front of an audience of millions. Maybe I'm odd, but I don't feel THAT excited anymore with those songs, and I'm expecting her to move on to other things (is that rare??? :laugh: ).

 

So if there are fans who love to nod and applaud everything she does, no matter how many times she has done it, great for them, but I'm not in that sack, and I won't apologize for thinking that way. I'm not the only one ^_^

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
You make some valid points, but I think what Javito and I mean by her career is dying a slow death or that it is in a coma is that her career is basically dead as far as the music industry is concerned. Yes, Celine has reached legendary status, yes she still sells out and she probably will for the next hundred years. However, outside of Vegas, the music industry has completely forgotten about her. Both her and her hits are just a memory. Yes, Celine's priorities have changed and yes we are thankful she still performs. None of us are asking her to try and be relevant, all we ask is that she sings her own music and try and move away from the lullabys and covers. People can't take note of her when she sings all these songs on TV all the time. They take one look at it and think to themselves that Celine is one of the most boring singers ever. Like I've said a million times before, I love Celine dearly, but even I'm getting tired of her song choices in the last few years. Once again this will be very dissapointing for me if she indeed sings ''Lullaby''.

 

Amen, Claudette :P :yes:

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)
So what reaction or tone do you expect from me? Do you want me to panic or something about it? :rolleyes: I try to reply everyone with all the respect and manners I can in a language that's not my mother tongue. If that has annoyed you in any moment, I suggest you just to ignore my comments.

 

 

 

Of course she could, like Madonna is with every thing she does. If only she had cared enough about singing and promoting her own songs each time she released a new album. And having a good team around her would have helped too.

Again, like I've said a zillion times, I don't understand what "her new priorities" and "conciliating her family with her career" has to do with:

 

1) singing her own songs

2) promoting each new album decently

3) talking about her music some more and not about her husband/mother/babies that much

4) having an efficient team who promotes her music in radios/TV properly.

 

It has nothing to do one thing with the other. What's the obstacle? What's restraining her to do that, can you tell me? :)

 

 

 

I never said she wasted her time since 2003 that she did all wrong. Please don't put words in my mouth that I never said like that. But I do say that extending the original "A New Day" contract from march 2006 to december 2007 WAS indeed a waste of time, and a ruin to her voice (just the same I believe it is a waste of time her second return to that place these days :))

 

She has recorded some great albums and songs since 2003, and yes, I do LOVE 1F&4T, especially because its a very different album from the rest, it has a kind of "folk" sound that I enjoy a lot. Lately I like her "different" songs more and more, because we're getting them less and less each time (since she's singing the same kind of material more and more)

Yes, she has made her choice, but that's not an obstacle for fans wishing and demanding her to do other kind of things :) For some obscure reason that I cannot get to unveil, many fans are totally excited if Céline sings tomorrow for the umpteenth time Because You Loved Me or MHWGO, no matter she has sang them more than 1,000 times already, or react like crazy if she sings songs like "My Love" or "Lullaby" in TV in front of an audience of millions. Maybe I'm odd, but I don't feel THAT excited anymore with those songs, and I'm expecting her to move on to other things (is that rare??? :laugh: ).

 

So if there are fans who love to nod and applaud everything she does, no matter how many times she has done it, great for them, but I'm not in that sack, and I won't apologize for thinking that way. I'm not the only one ^_^

 

 

Edited by enno2007
Posted

Javito, I appreciate your detailed comments and as I said, I agree with some things you say but:

 

Decent promotion takes time, so there can be a clash with other activities like 'family time'. It hence does seem logical that promo is limited. I agree however that not singing songs from her current album is not the best for fans, but it is not rare for artists with a long career to sing one new and one old song. So, nothing that applies to Celine only.

 

I'm also not sure if comparing Celine to Madonna is very helpful, given their different approaches to their careers. And I'm not convinced that there is a big gap in popularity between these two - album sales speak a different language here...

 

Regarding the contents of her interviews: I see what you mean and would wish as well that more is said about the music.

 

Finally, I am not one of those fans who are happy with every decision that is made. But I accept that artists offer something and that everbody can take or leave it. And I think that being as negative as some are is very odd. But I guess it would be a waste of time to think too much about the reasons for this masochistic attitude of some fans to endure all the big mistakes and disappointments that are inflicted upon them by Celine and her team :whistling:

Posted
You make some valid points, but I think what Javito and I mean by her career is dying a slow death or that it is in a coma is that her career is basically dead as far as the music industry is concerned. Yes, Celine has reached legendary status, yes she still sells out and she probably will for the next hundred years. However, outside of Vegas, the music industry has completely forgotten about her. Both her and her hits are just a memory. Yes, Celine's priorities have changed and yes we are thankful she still performs. None of us are asking her to try and be relevant, all we ask is that she sings her own music and try and move away from the lullabys and covers. People can't take note of her when she sings all these songs on TV all the time. They take one look at it and think to themselves that Celine is one of the most boring singers ever. Like I've said a million times before, I love Celine dearly, but even I'm getting tired of her song choices in the last few years. Once again this will be very dissapointing for me if she indeed sings ''Lullaby''.

 

But what or who is "the music industry"? And which artist is regarded as 'relevant', 'hot' or whatever after 30 years of career? And please don't mention Madonna, because she is neither...

 

It lies in the nature of the music industry to 'create' new 'products' every year - and artists reach their peak at one point of time and then the next 'big thing' is introduced. Given this context, I think that ther path chosen by Celine to remain relevant in some way is a sound one - and one that works.

 

MHWGO, Deux and her big successes in the 1990s have been essential in making her the superstar she is today, but the downside is that she'll never be cool and that she'll never reach the same heights of success. So, whether she sings Lullaby, BYLM or a new song won't change anything...

Posted
I don't understand why people always list MHWGO when they talk about songs that get sung to much in her promo's. One performance in the last 7 years does not seem to fit that requirement. Though LCMM wasn't involved in her promo in TC, it usually ends up in her promos anyway. So I understand LCMM, and of course BYLM which doesn't even need to be explained.
Posted
But what or who is "the music industry"? And which artist is regarded as 'relevant', 'hot' or whatever after 30 years of career? And please don't mention Madonna, because she is neither...

 

It lies in the nature of the music industry to 'create' new 'products' every year - and artists reach their peak at one point of time and then the next 'big thing' is introduced. Given this context, I think that ther path chosen by Celine to remain relevant in some way is a sound one - and one that works.

 

MHWGO, Deux and her big successes in the 1990s have been essential in making her the superstar she is today, but the downside is that she'll never be cool and that she'll never reach the same heights of success. So, whether she sings Lullaby, BYLM or a new song won't change anything...

 

... and that's what you call a faithful fan! :thumbsup2:

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...