Claudette Posted September 5, 2011 at 09:13 AM Posted September 5, 2011 at 09:13 AM (edited) She sounds more nasal to me than she did during the premiere and the first shows in March. Anyways, at least she didn't sing ''Lullaby''. I just wish she would stop singing through her nose, it becomes really annoying at times. Thanks for posting the video! Edited September 5, 2011 at 09:14 AM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Celine Fan 77 Posted September 5, 2011 at 09:16 AM Posted September 5, 2011 at 09:16 AM Sorry I couldn't post before, I watched her performance and it just blew me away!! I don't know how she does it, but she never stops amazing me . She looks hot with that hair and, in my opinion, this performance was much better than the one we had from March 12. It was not as much nasal as the other one, I hope that this means that Celine is starting to leave her nasal voice and getting onto a voice more like the one from Star Académie from March of 2009, and I think that's great! Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
CSCfan Posted September 5, 2011 at 09:37 AM Author Posted September 5, 2011 at 09:37 AM She sounds more nasal to me than she did during the premiere and the first shows in March. Anyways, at least she didn't sing ''Lullaby''. I just wish she would stop singing through her nose, it becomes really annoying at times. Thanks for posting the video! Yeah.....and please also stop breathing through your nose Céline.... Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
mirage Posted September 5, 2011 at 09:42 AM Posted September 5, 2011 at 09:42 AM Could someone upload the video without the talking?! So only Open Arms?! Quote
stevo Posted September 5, 2011 at 09:50 AM Posted September 5, 2011 at 09:50 AM Wow. I miss her. Quote
Claudette Posted September 5, 2011 at 09:52 AM Posted September 5, 2011 at 09:52 AM Yeah.....and please also stop breathing through your nose Céline.... Does she use her nose to breath with? I though she only uses it to sing with. So over this... Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Timster Posted September 5, 2011 at 11:06 AM Posted September 5, 2011 at 11:06 AM Does she use her nose to breath with? I though she only uses it to sing with. So over this... She is FAR less nasal today compared to AND/TCWT Quote
Claudette Posted September 5, 2011 at 11:24 AM Posted September 5, 2011 at 11:24 AM (edited) She is FAR less nasal today compared to AND/TCWT Yes, and I do not disagree with that. I just feel that the versions from the first week were less nasal and they were much more powerful. I don't know if it was just because of the excitement around it or what. Celine has a bad habit of projecting words with mmm's and f's/ph's through her nose. Listen for example when she sings the words ''me'' and ''feeling''. She always did it with the ''me'' in ''My Love'' too. I can't for the life of me figure out why she does it. Maybe it is more of a language thing. Edit: Another example is the ''my'' in ''All By Myself''. Edited September 5, 2011 at 12:50 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
VintageCeline Posted September 5, 2011 at 11:59 AM Posted September 5, 2011 at 11:59 AM Awh, she did well! I hate it when Celine has give a speech that is clearly written for her and she says it like a monotone! Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
clefurgey Posted September 5, 2011 at 12:36 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 12:36 PM Ugh, can't you guys stop picking on her and just be glad that she was even there?IMO that was the best performance i've ever heard. Her voice was super clear, it reminded me of the BYLM from her tribute to oprah.Now, for my question. Does anyone know when this was filmed? I know she said from vegas but do we know a date? Quote my life, my dream, my Céline.
LcMason Posted September 5, 2011 at 01:34 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 01:34 PM In awe. Makes me miss being in that audience Quote
sfbaysinger Posted September 5, 2011 at 01:59 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 01:59 PM I didn't think her speech was monotonal at all. Not sure what is being heard exactly but I don't get the whole nasal thing. I don't hear her breathing or singing through her nose, I just don't get it. I just think she was amazing and wish others did, too. I think she meant the things she said, I could hear it and I just don't understand why very few people here have good things to say. I kinda understand those who say they miss her, makes me wanna go hear her again because she was just awesome.Besides, let's not forget that any presence on the TV is good press for her. and after all, Nigal Liffgo did say publicly that he highly recommends her show and anyone who can should go and that her voice Is a musical insturment. Obviously he knows talent, I think some of us here should try out for some of his programs and see what he thinks then! He likes her, so what's the problem?did anyone notice the VocaPeople? I got most of the songs they did, but it was impressive!Didn't know Martina McBride performed, love her too will have to youtube that! Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
browseceline Posted September 5, 2011 at 02:28 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 02:28 PM to me it sounded like they put Celine's voice louder, and the orchestra softer. I miss the big drums. I think this video is edited just like the chances world tour. they mixed the recordings of the instruments with her voice and played with the volumelevel. Is it weird if I say that like the bootlegs from Tyler (march) and others much more? Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
puttybuddy Posted September 5, 2011 at 02:29 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 02:29 PM I agree with Sfbaysinger! If you think she constantly sounds nasally than maybe you just don't like her voice, so why do you bother to watch or listen to her! You can't change the way she sings. This forum seems to be more about the things you don't like about Celine instead of the things you do! Quote The greatest voice ever! ♥
Shaun Posted September 5, 2011 at 02:36 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 02:36 PM I have to say I watched it "live" last night and I've watched it a few times since and I'm still impressed with the performance. I thought it was a very good performance of a very good song, one of the few songs from the show it seems we all agree needs a studio version. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Claudette Posted September 5, 2011 at 02:52 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 02:52 PM The immaturity of some of the members here just blows my mind more and more everyday. Seriously, if you think all I post are the things I don't like, use the ignore button. I really don't give a crap, but posting rants here about members are just as annoying to others. Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
puttybuddy Posted September 5, 2011 at 03:24 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 03:24 PM I just think the word nasal is used a lot on here. You people must be awesome singers!!! Quote The greatest voice ever! ♥
René-Charles Posted September 5, 2011 at 03:33 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 03:33 PM oooh wouaw so perfect :wub: Quote http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2967/sansre2g.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us Céline , René & Les Enfants : René-Charles , Eddy & Nels0n ♥ 5 Juillet 2008 Inoubliableee ♥ MON BLOG SUR CELINE ....
dmeredith Posted September 5, 2011 at 03:34 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 03:34 PM Yes, and I do not disagree with that. I just feel that the versions from the first week were less nasal and they were much more powerful. I don't know if it was just because of the excitement around it or what. Celine has a bad habit of projecting words with mmm's and f's/ph's through her nose. Listen for example when she sings the words ''me'' and ''feeling''. She always did it with the ''me'' in ''My Love'' too. I can't for the life of me figure out why she does it. Maybe it is more of a language thing. Edit: Another example is the ''my'' in ''All By Myself''. Celine has a habit on singing nasally, because of her own native language. French is a nasal language. A lot of combination of sounds are formed nasally. For example; "on", "in", "en", "an", and "un". So, she can't help that what comes naturally affects the way she speaks English. If you speak a different language than your own, you'll be surprised how hard it is to make the correct sounds. As we grow up speaking a language, our mouth forms to the sounds that we normally make. So, as you get older it's even more difficult to change the way you speak another language. Celine was about 20 years old when she learned English. I am speaking from experience since I am a French / Spanish teacher. Quote
Koolan Posted September 5, 2011 at 03:37 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 03:37 PM She sounded better during the premiere. Wonder when this was recorded. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
sfbaysinger Posted September 5, 2011 at 03:38 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 03:38 PM Claudette...I wasn't talking about you specifically. I try to say things without attacking the person, because I don't believe in that. I may not agree with you, but you're another human being whose oppinion deserves respect. I like what you once said about disagreeing with a post but not attacking the poster. I try not to do that.It does seem though that this forum is more about what people do not like than what i do. But I actually never said that all you do is complain. I have read some very lovely posts from you also I think you keep it balanced.i am also still incredibly impressed by her performance... Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
Claudette Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:08 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:08 PM (edited) Christina, I am not talking about you. I was talking about people who rant about other members in topics or on twitter. Ranting includes things like the emoticons and things like GTFO the forum, etc. I understand that people's opinions differ and that each and every one here hears something different, and I have no problem with that. I just find it very immature when others start calling people idiots and things like that when they don't like it when people do not post ''Ohhhhh Celine was amaaaaaaazing! :wub: '' in every damn topic. Another thing that pisses me off is when people immeditely start accusing you of not being a fan and then ask you why you even listen to her. I absolutely never said I do not like Celine's singing at all. There are times when she melts my heart with her voice and other times she simply does not. We all have off days and Celine is a human being, I will not all of a sudden start hating her just because she sometimes does not perform on the level she set herself. And yes she does have some bad singing habits which annoys me (and I'm not getting into it again), but that does not mean I do not like her. Who here can honestly say that their loved ones have no bad habits that annoy them? Edited September 5, 2011 at 04:22 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
idroveallnight Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:10 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:10 PM Beautiful performance...nobody does is like Celine. Her voice was perfect, she looked perfect, and even her speech was perfect. Celine is definitely improving her teleprompter speaking skills. Quote
sfbaysinger Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:32 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:32 PM Hehehe, for different reasons than you, I hate emoticons, too, Claudette.I see your point, hahahaha, all my loved ones have annoying qualities, I don't spend a lot of time dwelling on them, but everyone has them, you are right. It doesn't mean we don't love them/like her still! I know she may have things she does that you may not like, but try to hold on to the fan in you still, in whatever degree it's still there. Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
Koolan Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:37 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:37 PM Beautiful performance...nobody does is like Celine. Her voice was perfect, she looked perfect, and even her speech was perfect. Celine is definitely improving her teleprompter speaking skills.Yeah, her eyeballs movements are not so noticeable this time. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Alex_Incognito Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:39 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:39 PM Hey puttyboy-----get a grip. This is a Celine Dion forum and the people here are Celine Dion fans. We can critique Celine's performances, you know and that doesn't make us any less of fans. Some of have practically lived on this forum during certain times of our lives and know each other quite well, so watch your tone and be a little more respectful. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
LVCeline Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:48 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:48 PM If you look back on previous years, even in the 90's, Celine has always been nasal, people this is nothing new. It's just since her voice has deepened it's more obvious. In the 90's it was a shrill nasal, and now it's just a deep clogged sounding nasal. I thought it was beautiful though and she looks absolutely amazing. She certainly does fall into the nasal habit easily though. I know if she tries she could stop it but she's probably already in robot mode in Vegas. Overall it was great though. Quote
riobeard11 Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:53 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 04:53 PM Happy to have our first glimpse of a well shot performance from the new show vs. just one camera and youtube bootlegs! Also thrilled that she finally chose something else to sing for a TV performance. Quote
celine4evauk Posted September 5, 2011 at 07:52 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 07:52 PM Well, i thought Celine looked and sounded great. I'm not going to get into all the nasal debate, but what i will say is you either have a "nasal" voice or a "throaty" voice. Yes, training etc can help either, but every day your voice is different, so sometimes there's not much you can do about it. I guess Celine's voice is naturally nasal. Quote
clefurgey Posted September 5, 2011 at 07:55 PM Posted September 5, 2011 at 07:55 PM First, I never directly attacked anyone, it just annoys me to always read 'oh she's nasally' over and over. I know this isn't the case, but that's how it seems to me. I agree with what someone else said, if you don't like how she sounds in a particular performance/era/whatever, then don't watch/listen to it, but try not to ruin it for those of us who love everything she does.As I was saying to a friend this morning, I might say 'o she's having an off day vocally', but I've never noticed any real nasality in her voice. On a happier note, to those who said she was amazing, I totally agree.All right, I'll leave this thread alone now, there's no point in debating it. Everyone has their opinion, let's just agree to disagree. I was thinking the other day how I wanted to post more here, well I guess I'm getting my wish haha.Enjoy the rest of your labour day, for those who have it off.Cheryl Quote my life, my dream, my Céline.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.