PopMusicBoy Posted July 20, 2011 at 02:25 PM Posted July 20, 2011 at 02:25 PM What we need is a DVD release for The Essential collection. Preferably with the actual video for BYLM. Quote
Davey84 Posted July 20, 2011 at 02:50 PM Posted July 20, 2011 at 02:50 PM Yes it would be have awesome if they released a ML one instead... so many videos we don't have... but that is too simple for sony Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 20, 2011 at 04:30 PM Posted July 20, 2011 at 04:30 PM I always wondered why they included few videos from Memphis instead of the original clips on the All The Way... A Decade Of Song & Video DVD. Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Davey84 Posted July 20, 2011 at 04:55 PM Posted July 20, 2011 at 04:55 PM i think its because of copyright of the movie footage Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 20, 2011 at 06:46 PM Posted July 20, 2011 at 06:46 PM Oh c'mon, they film the music video but just can't include it on a compilation DVD for copyright issues? That makes non-sense. Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
RomualdlovesCeline Posted July 20, 2011 at 06:50 PM Author Posted July 20, 2011 at 06:50 PM i think its because of copyright of the movie footage I don't think that's true because on her youtube channel and official site, she posted the original videos of Beauty and the Beast and BYLM for everyone to watch. Plus, there are tons of other exclusive videos on there that never made it to DVD. Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 20, 2011 at 08:41 PM Posted July 20, 2011 at 08:41 PM I don't think that's true because on her youtube channel and official site, she posted the original videos of Beauty and the Beast and BYLM for everyone to watch. Plus, there are tons of other exclusive videos on there that never made it to DVD. Correct, they are the following clips: Ne partez pas sans moiWhere does my heart beat nowUnison(If there was) Any other wayThe last to knowDid you give enough loveBeauty and the Beast (not sure about this one, maybe it was included in some special edition of the movie DVD)Water from the MoonNothing broken but my heartThink twiceOnly one roadNext plane outWhen I fall in loveTo love you moreBecause you loved meFalling into youThe reasonImmortalityTreat her like a ladyI hate you then I love youFeliz NavidadOne heartMiracleJe lui diraiTout près du bonheurTous les secretsLet your heart decideEt s'il n'en restait qu'une (Je serais celle l'a)ImmensitéAloneEyes on meMy loveVolerY'a pas de mots I think I did not forget anyone. Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
mirage Posted July 21, 2011 at 06:11 AM Posted July 21, 2011 at 06:11 AM Yes it would be have awesome if they released a ML one instead... so many videos we don't have... but that is too simple for sony That would be awesome!! :-)There are a lot of videos I want to see again!If it's really about money they should have released a DVD with the same title and artwork as for ML collection. I would have bought it! All her videos on DVD in HD haha I was watching Au Coeur Du Stade this week, and damn what a bad quality now I'm used to TTEOTW BluRay As for the Live In Memphis videos, that's to keep is wanting a DVD of that concert even more!! It's annoying that I can't watch that show just because I have it on VHS :-( Huh a Je Lui Dirai video?! Quote
Matej Posted July 21, 2011 at 07:26 AM Posted July 21, 2011 at 07:26 AM Don't forget, another six new videoclips (A New Day Has Come, I'm Alive, I Drove All Night, You And I, Taking Chances, A World To Believe In) are added on the extended version of All The Way: A Decade Of Song & Video DVD for the Japanese 2CD/3DVD Ultimate Box. It's a little bit better than nothing... Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 21, 2011 at 10:53 AM Posted July 21, 2011 at 10:53 AM Huh a Je Lui Dirai video?! Yeah, here it is. It's official altough it looks like a fan-made video. Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Javito Posted July 21, 2011 at 12:13 PM Posted July 21, 2011 at 12:13 PM Yeah, here it is. It's official altough it looks like a fan-made video. I don't think that's official Carlos ... Yes the single was released in France under the "Miracle" album promotion, but I don't think they promoted it with any video, not an official release at least Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 21, 2011 at 01:37 PM Posted July 21, 2011 at 01:37 PM who knows anyway, the music video for Miracle was probably her less promoted video of the 2000's. I can't really understand why. Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Davey84 Posted July 21, 2011 at 01:38 PM Posted July 21, 2011 at 01:38 PM Miracle was never officially released... Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 21, 2011 at 02:08 PM Posted July 21, 2011 at 02:08 PM why did they film it then? Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
bruno_oliveira Posted July 21, 2011 at 06:50 PM Posted July 21, 2011 at 06:50 PM ITS TIME FOR CELINE BRING A 3D MUSIC VIDEO HAHAthats the future.... or re edit those music videos in 1080p if they have the footage available in that condition... Quote
Timster Posted July 21, 2011 at 08:46 PM Posted July 21, 2011 at 08:46 PM ITS TIME FOR CELINE BRING A 3D MUSIC VIDEO HAHAthats the future.... or re edit those music videos in 1080p if they have the footage available in that condition... Yes I would love for them to remaster Celine's old music videos! Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 21, 2011 at 09:55 PM Posted July 21, 2011 at 09:55 PM Yeah that would be cool. Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Sofie Posted July 22, 2011 at 09:17 AM Posted July 22, 2011 at 09:17 AM Yeah that would be quite something! Quote
jonny823 Posted July 24, 2011 at 11:14 PM Posted July 24, 2011 at 11:14 PM Oh c'mon, they film the music video but just can't include it on a compilation DVD for copyright issues? That makes non-sense.I've seen this situation in the DVD releases for TV shows also. For example with the show "7th Heaven," they often had music in the episodes... The music was cleared to be used on network TV and on the syndicated re-runs but not allowed to be used on the DVD release, so the scenes had to be deleted/re-worked. Why it is, I'm not exactly sure, but I guess my point is, in the context of this thread.. it's not that unusual and I don't think it has anything to with Celine. They probably received clearance to use the video for "MHWGO" but were denied for "BYLM" and "Beauty & The Beast." Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 25, 2011 at 11:28 AM Posted July 25, 2011 at 11:28 AM But both the Beauty and the Beast and Because You Loved Me music videos were broadcasted on TV in my country several times; they can be shown on TV for everybody around the world to watch them but can't be included on Celine's own video compilations? Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Davey84 Posted July 25, 2011 at 11:39 AM Posted July 25, 2011 at 11:39 AM that is different. That is to promote the song and especially the movie. If Sony would put the videos with the movie clips on the dvd, they have to pay to use this footage or get permission to use the footage... and maybe they did not get permission or didn't want to pay for 4 music videos with movie footage and just went with MHWGO and TYLAM alone Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 25, 2011 at 01:50 PM Posted July 25, 2011 at 01:50 PM ok, that makes more sense I guess Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
cmcdaori Posted July 25, 2011 at 07:06 PM Posted July 25, 2011 at 07:06 PM That's right, to me it seems the same. I can't believe Celine is stuck in the last century, her Vegas show doesn't include anything from the last 11 years and now a re-release of All The Way... This is the link: Amazon I agree. For god sake, lot of materials we have for a new bluray concert let say or whatever, anything except this old stuff . Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
garçon Posted December 22, 2012 at 02:21 PM Posted December 22, 2012 at 02:21 PM What's the latest on ATW sales info? The latest I could find on the net was info from 2009. Did this 're-release' do anything for the record sales for example? Quote
garçon Posted December 22, 2012 at 03:32 PM Posted December 22, 2012 at 03:32 PM (edited) Or actually, this is the last I could find (post by wjd in Gold and Platinum topic 23 june 2011) Okay: Falling Into You - 10,785,000 Soundscan, 0.98m BMG + other record club sales mean this album has shipped AT LEAST enough for 12x platinum. Considering that when this was at its peak, Soundscan had market coverage of around 76%, its Soundscan sales are not at all a comprehensive estimation of the album's total success. I estimate that the album has shipped around 13m copies in the US. In the UK, its shipped around 2,25m copies. Lets Talk About Love - 9,465,000 Soundscan + 1m BMG + other record club sales, and the allowance for Soundscan's less than comprehensive market coverage at this time, I estimate total shipments of around 11,500,000 copies. In the UK, its shipped around 2,100,000 copies, and I think its eligible for 7x Platinum. All The Way...A Decade Of Song - sold 7,934,000 Soundscan + 1.1m+ BMG + other record club sales. I have its total US album shipments at 9,200,000 after looking at Soundscan & BMG. When you factor in Columbia, and other smaller clubs + Soundscan's less than comprehensive coverage when the album was released, I estimate that this is almost certainly Dion's third diamond album in the US [i.e. 10,000,000 copies shipped]. My Love...Ultimate Essential Collection - 435,000+ Soundscan [club sales are dead now and Soundscan has 97% market coverage so there won't be many "missing" sales]. Depending on the next update, this might have shipped 500,000 copies in the states. The reason Madonna was certified Gold was because the majority of her shipments came from a double disc edition of Celebration. If depends how Celine's My Love was distributed; i.e. whether the double disc edition was shipped or the single disc, as RIAA count a double disc album as two copies shipped. In the UK, the album has sold AT LEAST 625,000 copies, and I estimate its shipments to be over 650,000 copies. Its also her fourth album with the longest time spent on the UK charts. Mega success! Over 2,400,000 copies shipped worldwide. I will soon publish my Celine estimations to my new site; however, for the time being these are my provisional estimates of her sales by country: USA - 61,405,000France - 16,940,000Canada - 13,510,000 + 2,000,000 from "other albums" = 15,510,000UK - 11,305,000Japan - 8,245,000+ [certain albums I can't estimate nationally; instead I've placed an estimate on the whole of Asia, based on press clippings and such like]Germany - 6,810,000Australia - 3,078,000Netherlands - 2,960,000 Edited December 22, 2012 at 03:33 PM by garçon Quote
wjd Posted December 22, 2012 at 04:05 PM Posted December 22, 2012 at 04:05 PM All The Way's most recent sales, as of two weeks ago in the USA, are 7.94m - just 6k away from 8m hard copies. Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
garçon Posted December 22, 2012 at 04:19 PM Posted December 22, 2012 at 04:19 PM (edited) Thanks, Okay, and the additional "BMG and other club sales"? For I have no idea what these imply.. Edited December 22, 2012 at 04:19 PM by garçon Quote
quaizee Posted December 22, 2012 at 05:01 PM Posted December 22, 2012 at 05:01 PM I don't think that's official Carlos ... Yes the single was released in France under the "Miracle" album promotion, but I don't think they promoted it with any video, not an official release at least yes it totally looks like a fan video, I don't think there's an official one. I remember they never announced a video for this songotherwise, I don't think sony would do any video using the same footage for 2 videos ¿? I mean JLD + Miracle photoshoot ¿? Quote
wjd Posted December 22, 2012 at 05:49 PM Posted December 22, 2012 at 05:49 PM Thanks, Okay, and the additional "BMG and other club sales"? For I have no idea what these imply.. BMG was a Sony music club in the 90's - back then, as much as 20% of an entire album's sales could've been sold through a music club [these clubs were basically like joining a music version of Amazon, you'd pay a subscription fee and be entitled to regular discounts if you ordered through your club] - in the US, there were two big music clubs [bMG & Columbia]; Celine was BMG's top artist, Mariah was Columbia's. I estimate that Celine sold over 5m albums through BMG and about 3.5m through Columbia [which would represent a significant portion of her 60m+ albums that she's shipped/sold in the USA]. All The Way sold [we'll round up as its not much] 8m through Soundscan, 1.1m through BMG and I reckon its close to [if not already past] 10m shipped in the USA - which would be her 3rd 10m seller, after Falling Into You [13m+] and Lets Talk About Love [12m+] Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
garçon Posted December 22, 2012 at 05:59 PM Posted December 22, 2012 at 05:59 PM (edited) BMG was a Sony music club in the 90's - back then, as much as 20% of an entire album's sales could've been sold through a music club [these clubs were basically like joining a music version of Amazon, you'd pay a subscription fee and be entitled to regular discounts if you ordered through your club] - in the US, there were two big music clubs [bMG & Columbia]; Celine was BMG's top artist, Mariah was Columbia's. I estimate that Celine sold over 5m albums through BMG and about 3.5m through Columbia [which would represent a significant portion of her 60m+ albums that she's shipped/sold in the USA]. All The Way sold [we'll round up as its not much] 8m through Soundscan, 1.1m through BMG and I reckon its close to [if not already past] 10m shipped in the USA - which would be her 3rd 10m seller, after Falling Into You [13m+] and Lets Talk About Love [12m+] Thank you for that! So, do you have any explanation for these albums being undercertified?Or are Mariah's albums equally undercertified, considering additional 'cub'sales? Do they actually count according to Billboard? Besides, A Diamond certification for All The Way would be an unparalleled achievement for as far as I know... Edited December 22, 2012 at 06:01 PM by garçon Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.