cmcdaori Posted October 29, 2010 at 08:20 AM Posted October 29, 2010 at 08:20 AM (edited) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMUe73N8sec Here is the video where Rene explains why he gave those name. I think i understood all perfectly. He says he gave Eddy cuz of Marney as we presumed and Nelson cuz of Nelson Mandela which i thought at first. Great. Take a look. Edited October 29, 2010 at 08:22 AM by cmcdaori Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
MichiG. Posted October 29, 2010 at 08:25 AM Posted October 29, 2010 at 08:25 AM very unexpected though...any nes on middle names or so? I would've thought adhemar would came up somehow...but I really like the names and the thought behjind it. Hope they inspire the boys later as Celine wishes. Is the full news there...coz German news tell us that RC came up with English names though Celine wanted French names... Quote ~*~ life IS beautiful ~*~
René 2 Posted October 29, 2010 at 08:41 AM Posted October 29, 2010 at 08:41 AM I thought about Eddy, but not about Nelson. Excellent choice I think ! I feared a Prince René Charles II and René-Adhémar Joseph !! lol Quote
the power of celine Posted October 29, 2010 at 08:51 AM Posted October 29, 2010 at 08:51 AM first i was like oh , but when i heard the meaning behind the names , beautiful Quote http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2493/wmagsigblackwhite.png
velkyprase Posted October 29, 2010 at 09:14 AM Posted October 29, 2010 at 09:14 AM Nelson Angelil and Eddy Angelil, it sounds cool! Quote "There is no great genius without some touch of madness." Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)
J-Man Posted October 29, 2010 at 09:33 AM Posted October 29, 2010 at 09:33 AM I don't love either name personally but I am delighted that she chose to pay tribute to Eddy Marnay in this way. Nelson seems rather common to me. I totally respect the man, think he's a truly remarkable individual, but I don't see why they would feel the need to name a child after him.But that's their prerogative. If I was called Eddy or Nelson and my brother was called Rene-Charles I'd feel short changed! Neither name sounds right for a future singing superstar i.m.o. Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
LidiaRus Posted October 29, 2010 at 09:57 AM Posted October 29, 2010 at 09:57 AM Оh.. Eddy - its a short name? How's full - Edward?? Quote http://letras.terra.com.br/fotos/f0e7b4fdd440e49ae9cc7af71c339cf7.jpg
CELINE MARIE Posted October 29, 2010 at 10:03 AM Posted October 29, 2010 at 10:03 AM Most importantly, they are not random and mean something.Both are great people.(Mandela and Marnay) Quote
cmcdaori Posted October 29, 2010 at 10:39 AM Posted October 29, 2010 at 10:39 AM Оh.. Eddy - its a short name? How's full - Edward?? I hope is Edward. Is nicer to me . Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
bronzey Posted October 29, 2010 at 11:53 AM Posted October 29, 2010 at 11:53 AM Eddy and Nelly. Sounds better. LOL. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/bronzey/bronzey_sig2.jpg
celine-rc Posted October 29, 2010 at 11:55 AM Posted October 29, 2010 at 11:55 AM I love the names. I guess we should have seen it coming sort of. I think they chose the best names possible. It might be a little weird when they're going to be like seven but when they're going to be older, it's going to be amazing! Eddy and Nelson. I love it. Wonder how long it took them to come up with that. Quote http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
Ronny83 Posted October 29, 2010 at 11:58 AM Posted October 29, 2010 at 11:58 AM Оh.. Eddy - its a short name? How's full - Edward??Eddy Marnay full name was Edmond. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
Julian Posted October 29, 2010 at 12:48 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 12:48 PM Оh.. Eddy - its a short name? How's full - Edward??Eddy Marnay full name was Edmond.Thanks for the info Ronny The fact that they named one boy nelson after the meeeting with N. Mandela makes me watch TTEOTW again. Everything is connected Quote
Bellamy Posted October 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM Оh.. Eddy - its a short name? How's full - Edward??Edwin? Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
kimou Posted October 29, 2010 at 12:56 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 12:56 PM (edited) What are the origins of these names? American? i mean which is the country that uses those names most? Edited October 29, 2010 at 12:57 PM by kimou Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 29, 2010 at 01:25 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 01:25 PM I love how some of you are saying that you're not fans of the names but "hopefully they'll grow on you"...I wasn't aware that these were your kids LOL Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Brody-Celine Posted October 29, 2010 at 01:32 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 01:32 PM I Love the Names. They are Cute perfect little names. But it sounds a bit strange. its like Reneee-charleeeess...Eddy.Nelson. haha. I would of never expected those names. But I Love Them, Now i just cant wait to see the twins Quote
celinefan5 Posted October 29, 2010 at 01:51 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 01:51 PM I love the names and the meaning behind them Quote
kathy4 Posted October 29, 2010 at 02:01 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 02:01 PM i love the names. thanks for posting them for us. i hope that we will see pictures of them soon. Quote http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp339/Mia_84/Tumlum/Perfume/celine-dion-chic.jpg
adrien83 Posted October 29, 2010 at 02:07 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 02:07 PM VOTE YES about this question : http://people.premiere.fr/News-People/Celi...x/(gid)/2441863 : Quote
LVCeline Posted October 29, 2010 at 02:36 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 02:36 PM I'm not surprised Celine is all about old men. She's married to an old man, she only duets with old men anymore, and all 3 of her children are named after old men. Seems to be a theme I'm excited for her though and can't wait to see some pictures of the babies! Quote
queeneglise Posted October 29, 2010 at 03:15 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 03:15 PM Don't you think that's sooo weird !!!! I mean til now it was Celine, René and René-Charles, but imagine the next album, when she'll thanks her 3 kids, saying "R-C, Eddy and Nelson, I love you so much" ! Or when she'll say in interviews "my 3 boys".What I'm writing may sounds stupid (I know it is), but Celine is now a mother of three, whoah, I still can't believe it ! Quote
鸡仔_C Posted October 29, 2010 at 03:43 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 03:43 PM (edited) Wow. It's a little bit unexpected .Anyway... i like those names~~~ I just cant wait to see the photos Edited October 29, 2010 at 03:47 PM by 鸡仔_C Quote
DesertSkye Posted October 29, 2010 at 04:08 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 04:08 PM Yeah, totally different than I expected too but they obviously they thought about it before deciding. Really cannot wait to see pics of Eddy, Nelson and the entire family! Quote http://images.broadwayworld.com/upload5/218806/tn-500_celinediord43.jpg March 15, 2011June 18, 2011
celinefan111 Posted October 29, 2010 at 04:20 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 04:20 PM her site finally put this upRené Reveals Twins' Names!October 29 , 2010 Last night at the beginning of Celine's exclusive interview with host Julie Snyder, on the Quebec television network TVA, René revealed their twin boys' names. Meet Nelson (named after Nelson Mandela) and Eddy (named after Eddy Marnay)! Congratulations Celine, René, and René-Charles! Quote
Bell Posted October 29, 2010 at 04:29 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 04:29 PM Great choice! Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Nmj Posted October 29, 2010 at 04:39 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 04:39 PM Nelson seems okay but Eddy is just kinda plain for me i think she could have named one Nelson and the other Jackson after Michael who she loved as well since she was little plus they rhyme Quote
WendyB Posted October 29, 2010 at 04:40 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 04:40 PM I thought it was a joke when my friend Robin told me! Once I'd read the reasons why they've picked these names, it becomes obvious. Not my choice, but then they're not my boys! All that is going through my head now, though, is Nelson Eddy (& Jeanette MacDonald) http://www.nelsoneddy.com/ Quote
Jessyka Posted October 29, 2010 at 05:01 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 05:01 PM I thought it was a joke when my friend Robin told me! Once I'd read the reasons why they've picked these names, it becomes obvious. Not my choice, but then they're not my boys! All that is going through my head now, though, is Nelson Eddy (& Jeanette MacDonald) http://www.nelsoneddy.com/ OMG! Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
Davey84 Posted October 29, 2010 at 05:08 PM Posted October 29, 2010 at 05:08 PM LMAOOOOOOOOOO I bet they didn't knew about that! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.