Jump to content

Songs that were cut from DVDs & TV Shows


Recommended Posts

Posted
No, it's not in the same place.
Posted

I've uploaded my bootleg cd from this concert with Only One Road!

 

http://www.celinedionforum.com/index.php?s...d=1739880


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
I dunno... I'll let you audiophiles figure out where it's from! I once downloaded it as part of the London set :P


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)

OOR sounds great! I wasn't sure whether it would be playback like WDMHBN, but I think it's definately live.

 

 

 

Edit: Davey's file is exactly the same as the original bootleg in the Multimedia Section without OOR. :thumbsup2: I think maybe this bootleg is London after all...

Edited by Timster
Posted
When I downloaded London Think Twice it had a "ticking" noise to it...or something annoying....but then I downloaded Think Twice from Zurich, and it sounded identical but there was no ticking.... Idk if they were both from the same concert or not because there is no difference in the vocals.
Posted

Yeah, but we have no footage from TCOML tour except the Olympia CD.

 

And OOR doesn't sound very live to me.

Posted (edited)
When I downloaded London Think Twice it had a "ticking" noise to it...or something annoying....but then I downloaded Think Twice from Zurich, and it sounded identical but there was no ticking.... Idk if they were both from the same concert or not because there is no difference in the vocals.

 

Surely if the vocals are the same, then they are from the same concert.

 

Can you give me the download link for "Zurich" please?

 

 

 

And OOR doesn't sound very live to me.

I wish we had some audio from an English TCOML concert, I bet if it was playback they would use the same one like they did for WDMHBN...

Edited by Timster
Posted
When I downloaded London Think Twice it had a "ticking" noise to it...or something annoying....but then I downloaded Think Twice from Zurich, and it sounded identical but there was no ticking.... Idk if they were both from the same concert or not because there is no difference in the vocals.

 

Surely if the vocals are the same, then they are from the same concert.

 

Can you give me the download link for "Zurich" please?

 

 

 

And OOR doesn't sound very live to me.

I wish we had some audio from an English TCOML concert, I bet if it was playback they would use the same one like they did for WDMHBN...

 

Here is the Zurich one I downloaded:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmzzghqh4ky

 

The audio is the same, minus the tapping....but I think the audience sounds different in the beginning, lol.

 

And go in the random questions topic and search "only one road" .....I posted the link (which if you click it, it won't work as the link was changed when I copied it, so you'll have to right click it so you can copy the full link) for a performance of Only One Road which was said to be from Madison Square Garden, which I didn't think the song was even performed there, but that's where it says it's from. I posted that a way long time ago so just search it.

Posted (edited)

Thanks Tyler :flowers:

 

 

Now despite this rare MSG audio clip of ORR being slightly lower in key to the London/Zurich (could have been the user converting the file for upload?), the vocals are COMPLETELY IDENTICAL, I compared them both line for line. :thumbsup2: I find it highly unlikely this 'radio broadcast' would be from the same place as our concert bootleg, so I think we can safely say OOR was playback on the FIY tour - I wonder if this was used for the TCOML and English D'eux concerts too? :hmm:

Edited by Timster
Posted

To me, OOR sounded like the studio version, but I don't really know for sure....and I didn't even know that OOR was performed in the US, so maybe there is more to this story...

 

If it was playback in FIY, it was 99% for certain playback in TCOML. Generally speaking, her playbacks are consistent from tour to tour.

Posted
Well, IACBMN & MHWGO were not in playback before Vegas :ermm:
Posted (edited)
To me, OOR sounded like the studio version, but I don't really know for sure....and I didn't even know that OOR was performed in the US, so maybe there is more to this story...

 

If it was playback in FIY, it was 99% for certain playback in TCOML. Generally speaking, her playbacks are consistent from tour to tour.

 

Celine never lips to her original album recordings in concert. Furthermore, the concert playback is in a lower key than the album version, so I don't even need to compare the vocals to tell you that they are different recordings. A lot of her playbacks have been recorded in a lower key to the original (WDMHBN, THLAL, MHWGO, IDAN, EOM etc etc).

 

By the way, I only thought OOR might have been live at first cos of all the humming and oooohs throughout the song, it's certainly a hard track to lip, but there were lots of playbacks like that in the 90s. The playbacks used today are much easier IMO.

 

But you are right, OOR was not in the US setlist for the FIY tour, so it's certainly very strange. The radio broadcast was obviously not US judging by the language that man at the start was speaking, so it could be anywhere... :shrug:

 

 

And yes, I agree that this playback was used for the TCOML (and probably Enlgish-setlist D'eux) tour too. 1996 was only 2 years after the TCOML tour, so it's not like the song was suddenly too difficult for her to sing live. The playback vocals sound a bit older than the other FIY bootleg tracks, so it makes sense that she recorded this for the TCOML tour along with WDMHMN and TPOL. :)

 

 

 

Well, IACBMN & MHWGO were not in playback before Vegas :ermm:

I think Tyler meant once Celine records a playback, she normally keeps that playback for all the following tours the song appears in, instead of recording a new version each time (which she really needs to do after all the dubbing on the TCWT DVD! :doh: )

 

As for IACBTMN & MHWGO, now they've been lipped for 6 years, I can't see them going back to live. Some people say RDMH was lipped in AND, then went live again for the TCWT, but this isn't true, as I've closely compared both 2007 AND bootlegs we have, and it was definately live. :thumbsup2:

Edited by Timster
Posted
OOR sounds great! I wasn't sure whether it would be playback like WDMHBN, but I think it's definately live.

 

 

 

Edit: Davey's file is exactly the same as the original bootleg in the Multimedia Section without OOR. :thumbsup2: I think maybe this bootleg is London after all...

 

 

I always thought the concert was from Zurich. :shrug: When i got the london one it was exactly the same. I remember the concert being on radio 2 in 1997 (ish) and they said it was Live in Zurich. But then again, i'm not very good at noticing the differences! :giggle:

Posted (edited)

the same concert was used with different names; Londen, Zurich etc. It IS the same concert, they just named it differently!

 

Like i said, I downloaded it back than as Live in London, so I dunno if OOR was a part of it or not...

 

BUT according to wiki this was the (standard) european tour setlist:

 

1."The Power of Love"

2."Falling into You"

3."River Deep, Mountain High"

4."Seduces Me"

5."All by Myself"

6."Pour que tu m'aimes encore"

7."J'irai où tu iras"

8."Only One Road"

9."Beauty and the Beast"

10."Where Does My Heart Beat Now"

11."Misled"

12."Declaration of Love"

13."It's All Coming Back to Me Now"

14."Le ballet"

15."Love Can Move Mountains"

16."Because You Loved Me"

17."Twist and Shout"

18."(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman"

19."The Power of the Dream"

20."Think Twice"

 

btw I can't imagine CTM wasn't part of the tour! Especially cos it was the last real single from FIY!! It would have been more logical to go with SM instead! :doh: Could someone who went to these shows maybe clarify if CTM was sung in Europe?? :shrug:

 

the clicking noises could be, cos it's from an old cd-r, I lost the mp3's a long time ago :down:

Edited by Davey84


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)
Celine never lips to her original album recordings in concert.

Live (for the one I love) - Millenium concert :glare:

 

Edit: why did I wrote "live" instead of "quote" lol?

Edited by fan2celinedion
Posted
yeah but that was different! I don't think she'd make a new version for a song she'd only do once


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
yeah but that was different! I don't think she'd make a new version for a song she'd only do once

 

How depressing we need to even consider that fact.

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted

BTW, you are wrong about MHWGO and IACBTMN.

 

The ending of MHWGO (the last note, not the high notes) were lipped in LTAL.

 

And for IACBTMN, there is something up with that. It's lipped. Partial I think...in the FIY tour... Compare the Montreal version to the London version and the one broadcast on a french tv show....in those 3 versions, almost everything is identical except where there is a lyrical change.

Posted
:shrug: not to agree with her setlists, it's hard to choose only about 20 songs out of the +/- 200/250 she recorded in her life!


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
yeah but that was different! I don't think she'd make a new version for a song she'd only do once

 

How depressing we need to even consider that fact.

ROTFLMAO!!!! :mdr: :mdr: :mdr:

Posted (edited)
The ending of MHWGO (the last note, not the high notes) were lipped in LTAL.

It wasn't used at every show though e.g. it wasn't used in New York as you can see on the video she ends that note abruptly herself and if I remember rightly the note in Amsterdam and Sheffield were both really short, so not sure what happened those nights.

Edited by Thomas
Posted
the cd player crashed? :shrug: :mdr:


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)
BTW, you are wrong about MHWGO and IACBTMN.

 

The ending of MHWGO (the last note, not the high notes) were lipped in LTAL.

 

And for IACBTMN, there is something up with that. It's lipped. Partial I think...in the FIY tour... Compare the Montreal version to the London version and the one broadcast on a french tv show....in those 3 versions, almost everything is identical except where there is a lyrical change.

 

Well yeah I know about the last note of MHWGO, but those last few seconds that fade in hardly make the song a playback song IMO.

 

And yeah I haven't got round to comparing all the IACBTMN performances, but all those lyric mistakes make me think any playback is unlikely, but I won't disagree with you until I have checked everything myself. :)

 

 

 

the cd player crashed? :shrug: :mdr:

:sofunny:

Edited by Timster
Posted
BTW, you are wrong about MHWGO and IACBTMN.

 

The ending of MHWGO (the last note, not the high notes) were lipped in LTAL.

 

And for IACBTMN, there is something up with that. It's lipped. Partial I think...in the FIY tour... Compare the Montreal version to the London version and the one broadcast on a french tv show....in those 3 versions, almost everything is identical except where there is a lyrical change.

 

Well yeah I know about the last note of MHWGO, but those last few seconds that fade in hardly make the song a playback song IMO.

 

And yeah I haven't got round to comparing all the IACBTMN performances, but all those lyric mistakes make me think any playback is unlikely, but I won't disagree with you until I have checked everything myself. :)

 

 

 

the cd player crashed? :shrug: :mdr:

:sofunny:

 

That's the thing. It's so difficult to tell. There are a lot of parts that are identical, but it is hard to tell because of all the different arrangements of that song she has used. Even worse, some of the parts that were the same in FIY were different in LTAL (she messed up the lyrics in one performance)....so I have no idea. But I know for sure that it isn't 100% live.

Posted
The ending of MHWGO (the last note, not the high notes) were lipped in LTAL.

It wasn't used at every show though e.g. it wasn't used in New York as you can see on the video she ends that note abruptly herself and if I remember rightly the note in Amsterdam and Sheffield were both really short, so not sure what happened those nights.

 

Are we definately sure it was a playback note? Has anyone considered it might be a big echo added to her voice during that last note? Cos then Thomas' story would make more sense cos they obviously didn't have as much echo at these concerts. I watched the New York video, and it was obvious that echo had been added, but you could still hear her end the note. :shrug:

 

When you listen to the ACDS 5.1 centre channel for MHWGO, there is absolutely no audible difference in vocals during the final note. :confused:

Posted (edited)
What a pity there is no playback thread! Closing every topic that deals with Celine and lip-syncing will not prevent us from talking about it! It will only make us go off-topic in threads that have nothing to do with it! Edited by fan2celinedion
Posted
What a pity there is no playback thread! Closing every topic that deals with Celine and lip-syncing will not prevent us from talking about it! It will only make us go off-topic in threads that have nothing to do with it!

 

You are totally right. I'm fed up with this segregration towards members who want to discuss playback. :down:

 

Bellamy/Koolan - this forum is supposed to be "Your central source for ALL things Celine" :yes:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...