Jump to content

''Exclusive Interview'' For Celinedionforum.com


Recommended Posts

Posted
Another great interview from someone close to Céline! Thanks, Darren!

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
great interview love it

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpg

Celine is my idol

Posted

Thanks Darren for this great interview!

You asked a lot of really good, quality questions and it has allowed us to know Zhane more!

It's good to know how she got started because I figured she was only around during Celine's Vegas years....

 

If you are going for a hair appointment next March, I want to go for one too! :D Hehehe

- Kerry -
Posted
Thank you Darren, and thank you Zhane for making Celine's hair beautiful.
Posted
Wow,nice interview,but i can definitely notice that she is so close and shy,but she found herself reliable for this to do quickly without mistake ;).
Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Posted
thanks for the sweet interview B)

http://imados.fr/history/3/7/8/c-nedion.jpg

 

I love Celine

Posted
Wow thanks for sharing this wonderful interview Darren! :flowers: Makes me want to become a master hairstylist and move to Vegas or maybe Jupiter Florida! :blushing1: :in_love: What a dream to be doing what you love and dreamed of plus working with an amazing talent such as Celine!! :whistling: :wub:

I have waited for so long...for a miracle to come, A New Day Has Come!!

 

 

http://i49.tinypic.com/1q1q4i.jpg

Posted
Great interview! Thanks
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
Thanks Darren for this great interview!

You asked a lot of really good, quality questions and it has allowed us to know Zhane more!

It's good to know how she got started because I figured she was only around during Celine's Vegas years....

 

If you are going for a hair appointment next March, I want to go for one too! :D Hehehe

 

Can we get a group discount??? :whistling:

 

Great job Darren!! I loved reading about Zhane (and Celine's hair of course :giggle: )

Posted
sooo great Darren :):):):)

Thankful for these moments with Celine...

Friday, July 23rd, 2005 - Las Vegas NV

Tuesday, January 13th, 2009- Nashville TN

Saturday, January 17th, 2009 - Atlanta GA

Tuesday, January 20th, 2009 - Raleigh NC

Friday, January 23rd,2009 - Miami FL

Tuesday, February 24th,2009 - Denver CO

Thursday, February 26th,2009 - Omaha NE

Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 - Chicago, IL

http://i42.tinypic.com/293k31j.jpg

Posted

Great Interview-I am so proud of my best friend. Love you Zhane andeen

 

 

 

Exclusive Interview for www.celinedionforum.com with Celine's hair stylist, Zhane Richer.

 

 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/ShaunBrown129/zhane.jpg

 

 

****************************************

 

Darren: Hi Zhane, thank you so much for giving me this amazing and rare opportunity of speaking with you today, as I know you are generally quite shy and don’t normally do this kind of thing, but I’ll be gentle with you, I promise. :)

 

Zhane: Hi Darren, you very are welcome, it’s my pleasure.

 

Darren: Zhane can we start by getting to know more about you, if that’s ok…. In terms of; where you grew up, you’re family, and how you first became interested in hair styling. Was this something you always wanted to do as a career?

 

Zhane: I grew up in Gladstone, a small town in Upper Michigan. I come from a wonderful family. I have two brothers and a sister and we are extremely close. I have always wanted to be a hair designer since I was 10 years old. I graduated high school at 17 and went to cosmetology school a month later. I finished school within a year and moved to Madison, Wisconsin where I worked in an amazing salon which gave me the base of professionalism that I still live by. When I was 21, I thought Las Vegas sounded like a great place, so I loaded my car and moved here. I worked at another wonderful local salon before moving to Caesars Palace in 1997.

 

Darren: You worked at Caesars Palace’s Venus Salon as Artistic Director. What’s you’re memories of working there and what kind of clients would you have been styling on a daily basis… are we talking high rollers, tourists…?

 

Zhane: Working at Caesars Palace has been a big part of my career thus far. Wow, we had every client you could imagine come there. I have cut and styled kings, queens, princes, princesses, actors, actresses, singers, and many more. Caesars was known for high rollers and that was extremely fun being part of people winning. What was really interesting were the superstitions that people would have around gambling.

 

Darren: Wow, now that’s impressive…. And you’ve also worked on TV programs ‘’Queer Eye For The Straight Guy’’ and ‘’Extreme Makeover’’, which I would imagine would be a bit different and exciting, but also a tad pressurised and unnerving, because as you say, you are quite a shy person, but yet you have these cameras and TV crews in you’re face filming as you were working… So how did you find this experience?

 

Zhane: Exactly that--nerve racking! I really am not comfortable being on camera. My rare interviews about Celine display this quite well, ha ha.

 

Darren: You’ve mentioned that you’ve had celebrity clients over the years…. Is it possible to name a few of them and also, which celebrity would you love to get your hands on?

 

Zhane: There is no one in particular that I would like to work with. But I have had the pleasure of working with Anne Geddes, Drew Carey, Paris Hilton, the late Farrah Fawcett and many more.

 

Darren: In any career there are positives and negatives to what you do…. What is the most enjoyable and most challenging part of your job?

 

Zhane: The most challenging part is when someone has a vision of something specific that he/she wants but are unable to translate it properly, so you are trying to read his/her mind. However this is something I really enjoy, because when he/she is happy in the end, it is very rewarding.

 

Darren: What do you enjoy doing when you get a day off?

 

Zhane: Lots of things....running, hiking, riding my jet ski, visiting with my sister and taking my god daughter to the park. Feeding the homeless, working with Look Good Feel Better, teaching cancer patients how to do their hair and makeup.

 

Darren: What exactly is involved in ‘’ Getting Zhaned ‘’ as it sounds very intriguing...

 

Zhane: Well my local guests actually coined this saying, I guess really it means...sitting in my chair and me consulting with you on what is going to be a great new style for you. When someone comes to me to have his/her hair done, I am very thorough with my consultation. It is very important to me that my guest’s hair suits everything about him/her...head and face shape, clothing style, personality, confidence, and the amount of time he/she has and wants to spend on their look.

 

Darren: Can you tell me the story of how you became Celine’s hair stylist… how did it all come about, do you remember when/where you first met and styled her hair for the first time, and did she let you be free with what you wanted to do, or did she brief you on how she wanted/liked it styled?

 

Zhane: Yes, I know exactly when I first styled her hair. It was for her Coty perfume launch when she was staying at Caesars Palace while the Colosseum was being built. At that time I did not get to know her, but she told me specifically what to do, and even then she was extremely nice. Then six months after A New Day began, Rene came to me at my Salon in Caesars and asked me to be her hair designer. I started the next day. I do not know the exact day, but I know it was in September. She already had the short blonde look so she explained to me how to style it.

 

Darren: Were you aware of Celine at the time, and what did you’re family, friends and colleagues think when you first told them that you would be Celine Dion’s hair stylist for A new day…?

 

Zhane: Yes I was. I am French Canadian myself so I have known about Celine since I was in my teens. Plus working at Caesars we got to listen to her music all of the time. I had also been cutting Rene’s hair for about 5 years prior to that. My family was shocked, yes, and I was shy to even tell all of my friends and colleagues in the beginning so it wasn’t an extremely big event.

 

Darren: Many of Celine’s fans really disapproved of her short blonde look during the first year of the show, so much so that the decision was made to scrap the original DVD of the show. And soon after this Celine’s long, dark hair made a return…. Do you remember this time and what was you’re opinion on the matter?

 

Zhane: Within a couple months of me styling her, Sheila Stotts was brought in from LA to give Celine extensions and colour her hair back to a beautiful caramel. I was excited, I thought she looked amazing with the longer hair and it was fun to style.

 

Darren: Could you describe a day in the life of Zhane Richer, when you were styling Celine’s hair for A new day...

We seen what happened backstage during the show in the DVD extra’s, but what happens before Celine first arrives at her dressing room and what takes place after she finishes a show…. what was the routine for you?

 

Zhane: Well for me I would work all day in the salon before arriving at her dressing room. I would clean and prepare everything I needed. Once she arrived we would just laugh and have fun while getting her ready. After the show, if she did not do a runner, it was the same...we would talk about the show, or something funny that may have happened in our quick change, we were always laughing, sometimes until we cried. It was girl time for all of us who worked in the dressing room.

 

Darren: What was you’re reaction when Celine asked you to join her on the Taking Chances World Tour, did you have to think about it for a while or…?

 

Zhane: I was very excited. No, I did not have to think long about it. I would go anywhere Celine needed me to. She is wonderful to work with. So is Rene, her whole family and team.

 

Darren: In the docu/movie ‘’Celine Through The Eyes Of The World’’ it showed yourself, Zorba and Annie, under the stage in a small, cramped area next to the vertical platform used by Celine for costume changes during the concert. What did the three of you spend you’re time doing when you weren’t getting Celine ready during the show... was there a screen to watch the show or... ?

 

Zhane: Yes we had a monitor to watch during the show. We would prepare for the next change and run things out, if it was possible in that venue. We also had a lot of fun with the dancers and crew under the stage. We were all a big family.

 

Darren: For you personally, what has been the highlight of the Taking Chances World Tour?

 

Zhane: Just the travelling, somewhere new every other day, meeting new people and becoming a big family were the most memorable things about the tour for me.

 

Darren: Generally how long does it take to style Celine’s hair…. for example before a show during the world tour…

 

Zhane: My joke is... it takes as long as I have. If we have two hours, we will take it, and if we have 10 minutes, we will do it!!!!

 

Darren: Hair stylists generally talk to their clients about the weather, or if they have any vacation plans, etc. Is there a general thing you talk to Celine about, or is it pretty much open and random conversation?

 

Zhane: We talk about everything women and friends talk about. She is wonderful.

 

Darren: Most people at some stage encounter a bad hair day, although I can’t imagine Celine ever having this problem with you as her stylist. But for you, was there ever a time that you can remember when you were faced with a problem in doing her hair, maybe you cut too much, an extension fell out, or her hair just wouldn’t behave for you…

 

Zhane: Oh yeah extensions came out all the time when it was near the time to be redone. That was just more funny stuff for us. It’s not a big problem and as far as a really bad hair day...not really... BUT I would watch the dancers from the side stage and silently pray that they didn’t touch her hair too much. Sometimes when people hug her I worry that her hair might get caught, but other than that... no worries.

 

Darren: You mentioned earlier that as well as doing Celine’s hair, you’ve also done Rene’s. So does this mean that you are also responsible for Rene-Charles’s new look/ hair cut, as obviously for years Celine has been trying to persuade him to have it trimmed.

 

Zhane: I did not do the very first short/medium cut, but last summer I cut him very short.

 

Darren: You have worked with Celine during A new day…, promotional photo shoots, album promo tours, TV appearances, music videos, award shows and the world tour. But for you what has been you’re favourite project and why?

 

Zhane: I loved the Miracle tour we did in October 03 because she sang Beautiful Boy. I absolutely love the way she sings this song. But there have been many I really enjoyed.

 

Darren: Lets just say if Celine was to ring you up out of the blue right now and say, Zhane I’m doing an appearance in Vegas in a few hours and I need you to do my hair. What are the crucial items that you would have to pack up/get ready to do the job?

 

Zhane: A brush, blow dryer, curling iron and a few simple products.

 

Darren: You are currently working at The Salon, Mandarin Oriental in Vegas although you also do freelance work: http://getzhaned.com/

But will you be returning as Celine’s full time hair stylist next March when she returns to the Colosseum for the new show, and can I make a reservation for myself to ‘’Get Zhaned’’ on the day of the premier? ha ha

 

Zhane: Yes I will and your spot is already held. I will definitely ‘ZHANE’ you for the show.

 

Darren: I look forward to it, thanks Zhane…. And do you have a new hair colour or style in mind for Celine’s return to the strip?

 

Zhane: Hmmmmm you will have to wait and see!! :)

 

Darren: That answer will have fans excited and intrigued now, ha ha…. On the subject, what do you think of Celine fans, as I'm sure you have met quite a few of them over recent years?

 

Zhane: I find them to be amazing people. Their love for her is soooo remarkable and it makes you smile when you see how happy they are to see her.

 

Darren: I just wanted to show you a video that fans on the forum have made as a thank you, to all involved in putting the ‘’Taking Chances World Tour’’ together.

 

 

Zhane: REALLY WOW!!! The video is very touching for me.... I must say. I saw so many of those fans and remember them and their signs from all along the way. It brings back lots of wonderful memories for me. Thank you to everyone who put it together!!!

I am glad to have been part of this.

 

Darren: Have you any memorable stories of you're time spent with Celine over the 7 years that you could share?

 

Zhane: Gosh Darren, I am sorry there has been so many I can’t even think of just one right now.

 

Darren: I understand…. but having worked and travelled with Celine on various projects over the years, how would you best describe her?

 

Zhane: ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! I sincerely could not say one negative word about her. She is loving, caring, happy, generous and too many other wonderful things to name.

 

Darren: Zhane I’ve really loved speaking with you today, its been amazing…. thank you so much again for giving us this exclusive interview its incredible, I really appreciate it and I’m sure the other members of the forum do to! I’ll see you in Vegas next year, take care.

 

Zhane: No, THANK YOU, Darren. Thanks for breaking me out of my shell. It was a pleasure. See you soon!!

 

 

****************************************

 

Exclusive Interview with Zhane Richer.

April 2010 - www.celinedionforum.com – Ire23.

Posted

Hi Andeen, thanks for passing by the forum to check out the interview, and yeah as you've just seen, Zhane gave an incredible interview! :)

 

Darren.

Posted
I so glad she enjoy the video.
Posted
When I saw AND in 2007 I saw Zhaine walk out the side door after the show. I sort of freaked out because I love her hair so I decided I would try to catch up with her and say hello. Well, she was JUST far enough ahead of me I couldn't get to her. Oh well, to be thisclose to Celine royalty was the highlight of my trip. :clap:
Posted

I wanna Get Zhaned.

 

Zhane, how much would you charge to come to Nashville and do my wedding hair?! :o

Posted
Zhane is ace. Thank you Darren. I think you should get the 'Outstanding Contribution to the Forum Award' :)
Posted
Thank you Darren. I think you should get the 'Outstanding Contribution to the Forum Award' :)

 

Defiantely! Darren is the best! :clap:

Posted
Brilliant interview. Thanks Darren, I really enjoyed reading it :flowers:
Posted
I think you should get the 'Outstanding Contribution to the Forum Award' :)

 

:sofunny: You really do crack me up Stevo!!

 

Darren.

Posted
Thanks Darren for this great interview!

You asked a lot of really good, quality questions and it has allowed us to know Zhane more!

It's good to know how she got started because I figured she was only around during Celine's Vegas years....

 

If you are going for a hair appointment next March, I want to go for one too! :D Hehehe

 

Can we get a group discount??? :whistling:

 

Great job Darren!! I loved reading about Zhane (and Celine's hair of course :giggle: )

Count me too.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
oh wao great interview Darren! i still remember i was walking behind Zhane when i entered the stadium for Celine's concert. she was lugging around a luggage bag with i think a curler in one hand :lol: i totally spazzed out. wanted to talk to her but for the life of me, i couldnt remember her name :doh:
Posted

Thanks Darren we always love your interviews

 

Its just a matter of time before you should get your interview with CELINE. :)

It seems like your getting everyone close to Celine before the Jackpot itself CELINE. Goodluck and Keep up the great work!

I cant wait for someone like you to finally interview Celine...Because i know you will ask all the questions we want to hear. :) :)

Posted (edited)

i wanted to know how much she charges for styling hair. probably thousands of dollars because she does celebs. but i would totally pay it even if it was $2,000 for when i go to the premiere of the new Vegas Show. can you imagine me and Celine getting "zhaned" on opening night. lol. me in a upswept hair-do with locks hanging down in the back and Celine with her "taking chances" hair

i wondered if she got paid to do the dvd and i thought Celine wore a wig on tour because it was too hard on her hair to style each night. at least thats what someone said, that she wore a wig, i guess it was just a hater on youtube lol

Edited by lindsey22
Posted (edited)
she did wear a hair piece, not a full wig. But Zhane styled the hair piece -like a partial wig- and styled Céline's own hair that mixed with it on the tour. The front part was Célline's hair and the back and fullness was a partial wig. From above at her part, you can see where it joins her real hair, ever so slightly. In my signature pic, you can see Céline's part, and dark roots, then a few inches in it isn't dark anymore, that's where the partial wig begins. Edited by ladylindsey

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...