Bralo20 Posted February 12, 2010 at 11:35 PM Author Posted February 12, 2010 at 11:35 PM I like it more without the last name Instead of avatar or picture it would be nice to put the flag of your country. I realize that can be a lot of work, but hey we have 1 year to do it . And i think it would get a lot of attention when people realize how many people from all over the world will actually be there for Celine. like a mini U.N. meeting i'd lose the DOB, just my 2 cents... The last one with the press thing was just a quick fun thing that I made, nothing to worry about OK for the flags, I'll check if I can find every country's flag in HQ... Quote ...
Crystal2042 Posted February 12, 2010 at 11:46 PM Posted February 12, 2010 at 11:46 PM Everything is sounding and looking so great! I think the lanyards are a great idea!I'm definitely in You guys are all so great and I'm so excited to meet all of you! Quote
Jennifer Posted February 12, 2010 at 11:50 PM Posted February 12, 2010 at 11:50 PM I like it more without the last name Instead of avatar or picture it would be nice to put the flag of your country. I realize that can be a lot of work, but hey we have 1 year to do it . And i think it would get a lot of attention when people realize how many people from all over the world will actually be there for Celine. like a mini U.N. meeting i'd lose the DOB, just my 2 cents... I was thinking about using country flags as well... great idea. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/JenniferCeline/nextplaneout3_small.jpg
JessCC Posted February 13, 2010 at 12:30 AM Posted February 13, 2010 at 12:30 AM The last one with the press thing was just a quick fun thing that I made, nothing to worry about OK for the flags, I'll check if I can find every country's flag in HQ... Flags! Good idea... If it's small enough, people MIGHT just mistake mine for another country. Quote
angelil78 Posted February 13, 2010 at 12:32 AM Posted February 13, 2010 at 12:32 AM Can't believe that we have to wait 13 months for all this to happen! Quote
whineupemily Posted February 13, 2010 at 12:46 AM Posted February 13, 2010 at 12:46 AM Can't believe that we have to wait 13 months for all this to happen!Oh gosh I know!! But it's so exciting that it's a long wait too. I haven't figured out why, it's just.. something.. mysterious about it?I DON'T KNOW :sofunny: Quote
Dionesque Posted February 13, 2010 at 02:07 AM Posted February 13, 2010 at 02:07 AM (edited) Count me in! I don't know when I'll arrive but surely before the opening night as I hope to get tix to that one as well - so far I only have tix for the 16th. I guess this will be even bigger gathering than at the final "AND" show - I already noticed many names that haven't be present back than - including me, hehe... As for something matching... Personally I think a t-shirt is not an appropriate thing for this show and deffinitely not for the permiere. Matching scarfs or ties are already better idea but I think matching tags/badges/laminates on lanyards are the best option. Stijn, these are lovely projects!! Now, here are my suggestions: - common for all tags: design incl. a pic of Céline (for example the official show ad pic or so) and info written about the occasion (e.g. Forum Gathering, 15th March 2011, Las Vegas); - personal datas written: first name, forum nickname, country. I wouldn't write any other info as it would get to 'crowdy' and unclear than. If we want to exchange last names, phone numbers, birth dates, home adresses etc. etc. than we can do so privately but in my opinion it wouldn't do got to a tag to write to many infos on it + it would case the printsize to be small. - preferably big and easy to read font for the personal details so it will be easy to read from a decent distance. - country flags are nice option but personally I won't miss them if this should be too difficult to crop in the project; - no ID pics/avatars etc. - we can see eachother while looking at 'real' faces so no need to mess up with photos on the tags and making them more 'crowdy'. OMG, I'm already so excited!! Also can't believe it's still soooo much time 'til the opening night but I bet this time will just fly as it did when I bought my tickets for shows in Paris & Antwerp a year ahead! Edited February 13, 2010 at 02:12 AM by Dionesque Quote Visit me on Facebook 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne18th June 2008 - Köln Arena20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace ColosseumJ'étais là pour toi, Céline! Why has Javito been silenced ???
Koolan Posted February 13, 2010 at 03:11 AM Posted February 13, 2010 at 03:11 AM Stijn, we also need http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41iunNxeIVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg Can your company provide one? Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
iloveceline22 Posted February 13, 2010 at 03:25 AM Posted February 13, 2010 at 03:25 AM I've already met a couple of members from the forum and I WOULD LOVE TO MEET MORE!!! I've always wanted to attend a meeting with alot of us! nows my chance! whatever is planned, I'll be there!!! yayy! I cant waittt! This is gna be my first time attending a premiere show! I love us! Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
ennostiel Posted February 13, 2010 at 08:53 AM Posted February 13, 2010 at 08:53 AM I love us! Haha yeah me too! Can't wait Quote Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
Bralo20 Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:38 AM Author Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:38 AM Stijn, we also need http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41iunNxeIVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg Can your company provide one? I think I have seen one lying arround at our fire department If it's a spare one... But, I don't think it will fit in my lugage Quote ...
Bralo20 Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:41 AM Author Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:41 AM Count me in! I don't know when I'll arrive but surely before the opening night as I hope to get tix to that one as well - so far I only have tix for the 16th. Hey, you'll be there? Quote ...
Dionesque Posted February 13, 2010 at 11:38 AM Posted February 13, 2010 at 11:38 AM Yepp, I'll be there! Actually it's pretty tricky right now... First of all, as citizen of Poland, I need a visa which is quite dificult to obtain... BUT I hope to finally get German citizenship by then so there won't be any visa issue anymore, at least not in these ridiculous terms it works for citizen of Poland which really sucks... So keep my fingers croeed for my second citizenship, hehe! Otherwise I will have to go to Franfurt or Warsaw to apply for a visa... Than, I still have no tickets for the 15th so I will be keeping my eye on them in hope to get some good seats or, if it should be too difficult, to get just any seats... I can't buy any tickets at the moment tho, must wait about 2 weeks 'til I can buy new tickets because of a new credit card issue, grr... I hope to be able to stay at least one week in Vegas together with my husband but we'll se how the things will turn out... At least the two first shows are a MUST, hehe! I'm looking forward to meeting you again there, Stijn! Groetjes! Quote Visit me on Facebook 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne18th June 2008 - Köln Arena20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace ColosseumJ'étais là pour toi, Céline! Why has Javito been silenced ???
Cheerfuljane Posted February 13, 2010 at 03:28 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 03:28 PM Stijn: Brilliant designs. I'll take one All Access Pass please I'm always amazed at the talent we have on this forum I love the lanyard idea. I think it would be great to have ones that are simlar to the VIP ones we got with TC tickets for AND.Does anyone have a pic of theirs?I still have mine, so I could take a pic later if need be. If we have lanyards then we don't need scarves or ties etc. They can be easily removed before the show starts and won't clash too much with outfits. We had a large fan meeting at Cafe Lago in January 2007. Marissa organised it. There were about 40 of us and we had a private room at the back. I really enjoyed that. Who remembers how much we paid? I thought it was a great buffet and we all paid for our drinks separately. There are better, cheaper and much bigger buffets on the strip though. It all depends on whether you want to stay at Caesars purely for the convenience or not Other hotels very close by with great buffets are Treasure Island, Flamingos and I think the Mirage has a good one too.I'll shop around and get a list of places and prices. In fact I think I still have that from the final week of AND. Will get it updated. Tracy, Kim, Alex and I are working on a schedule of activities, meals etc.When we have some ideas put together we'll post them here for your opinions and suggestions. Quote
Bralo20 Posted February 13, 2010 at 03:47 PM Author Posted February 13, 2010 at 03:47 PM (edited) If the plastic creditcard sized badges will go through (after the final design is agreed on) they will include lanyards. Since my initial design was black (due the "Celine" logo's) I think that a matching gold colored lanyard with black print will match it. (or reverse: black with gold print) We can put alone www.celinedionforum.com on it so it can be used for every future meeting, however we can also ad the date on it to match the badges which will also be dated to make it a memorabilia. Edited February 13, 2010 at 03:48 PM by Bralo20 Quote ...
Cheerfuljane Posted February 13, 2010 at 04:10 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 04:10 PM I also really love this one (posted earlier) from the other fan gathering:http://www.flickr.com/photos/30649518@N04/...57614069145495/ Update the photo, change the word gathering to meeting and add the date and forum name. Perfect.The handwritten font is a great touch. Quote
whineupemily Posted February 13, 2010 at 05:54 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 05:54 PM Stijn, we also need http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41iunNxeIVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg Can your company provide one? I think I have seen one lying arround at our fire department If it's a spare one... But, I don't think it will fit in my lugage :sofunny: :sofunny: I already have an amazing mental picture of that being used Quote
sceavis Posted February 13, 2010 at 06:20 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 06:20 PM I am not super creative to make things but I am willing to help with anything that needs to be done.I am very much looking forward for this I have never met anybody on this board.I am on and off of here due to my busy like but willing to help with anything.Just let me know Quote
Koolan Posted February 13, 2010 at 07:52 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 07:52 PM Stijn, we also need http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41iunNxeIVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg Can your company provide one? I think I have seen one lying arround at our fire department If it's a spare one... But, I don't think it will fit in my lugage Can't you wear it on your belt neck? :mdr: Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Bralo20 Posted February 13, 2010 at 08:04 PM Author Posted February 13, 2010 at 08:04 PM Can't you wear it on your belt neck? :mdr: Don't push it or you'll have one Quote ...
JCeline85 Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:01 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:01 PM so just was sitting around thinking and reading some of the ideas.. and so far really great ideas! If we were to get enough people to come to this maybe everyone going to a buffet or restaurant would be hard because of reservations etc.. What if we somehow found a way to reserve a meeting room at Ceasars or another closeby hotel? Then that'd give us a big enough space to meet in.. have some time to get to know eachother.. and maybe have a dinner catered or something? Although that can get kind of expensive.. but if everyone pitched in it could definitely be possible.. And then like others have said maybe we could have a meet and greet with Celine or someone from her team to speak or something.. just an idea.. but if we want this to be the largest fan gathering what would happen if 100 people or more showed up.. i mean you have people from the forum.. plus significant others.. this thing could be huge.. but the idea of a big gathering from the new show is a great idea! Quote The Wait Is Over?
Cheerfuljane Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:07 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:07 PM so just was sitting around thinking and reading some of the ideas.. and so far really great ideas! If we were to get enough people to come to this maybe everyone going to a buffet or restaurant would be hard because of reservations etc.. What if we somehow found a way to reserve a meeting room at Ceasars or another closeby hotel? Then that'd give us a big enough space to meet in.. Most of the buffet restaurants have seperate rooms for groups. The cost is the same or sometimes even cheaper. We used them in the final week of A New Day. I'll getting quotes from different places. Quote
ennostiel Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:08 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:08 PM That's right!! Sooo many of us coming for the premiere... I will look for every possible way of getting her to meet us So I think we should meet either in a cafe/room at Caesars or very close (maybe, like someone said, Bally's if it's right across the street?) because we need to be as close to Her as possible. And I think the badges should be unique, include the date and so on - it will be a VERY special night after all! Quote Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
angelil78 Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:15 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:15 PM I like the original badges, with the new logo Quote
JCeline85 Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:15 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:15 PM so just was sitting around thinking and reading some of the ideas.. and so far really great ideas! If we were to get enough people to come to this maybe everyone going to a buffet or restaurant would be hard because of reservations etc.. What if we somehow found a way to reserve a meeting room at Ceasars or another closeby hotel? Then that'd give us a big enough space to meet in.. Most of the buffet restaurants have seperate rooms for groups. The cost is the same or sometimes even cheaper. We used them in the final week of A New Day. I'll getting quotes from different places. cool i guess i didnt think of the meeting rooms in buffets.. good idea! Quote The Wait Is Over?
Dionesque Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:18 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:18 PM (edited) Stijn, credit card sized badge seem a bit too small in my opinion, esp. if it's about to be kept on a lenyard and not pinned. The AND commemorative VIP laminates were bigger, I have one too and just checket the exact dimensions. The printed paper insade the laminate is 9,7cm x 6,3cm. Jane, the project from international fan gathering is nice, I especially like the handwritting-like font as it looks pretty similair to Céline's original handwriting! I don't like the idea of using that Taking Chances pic, I think it might have been good for a fan gathering during the world tour but now it has to be something different, new. I really love the black pic that Stijn used, would be really lovely if they'd keep it as a promotional pic for the show and so we could arrange it into the badges. Ah, and combination of black & gold would be just perfect in my opinion - classy and neutral, nothing too flashy or so. Edited February 13, 2010 at 09:35 PM by Dionesque Quote Visit me on Facebook 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne18th June 2008 - Köln Arena20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace ColosseumJ'étais là pour toi, Céline! Why has Javito been silenced ???
angelil78 Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:26 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:26 PM I agree I would like the badge to have something to do with the new show, that's why I think Stijns design is perfect. About the size, I haven't really thought of it but it would be cool if other audience at the premiere and maybe the press would notice it.Sometimes I notice people at the airport wear badges around their necks. I guess Stijn knows EVERYTHING about that since he's the airport/airplane expert. They are maybe the double the size of a "credit card" size badge.But also Stijn has mentioned that he can get this for us, but that might be only the "CC" size.. if we go bigger, that might cost us more At the premiere of AND, there was a LOT of press inside taking interviews with people. So if someone from the forum would get interviewed, then that would be great Quote
Dionesque Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:58 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 09:58 PM Here's a scan of my AND commemorative VIP pass. It's printed on both sides, the other side features a different picture (the one you see on the cover of "For Keeps" book). http://i50.tinypic.com/2qd7tz4.jpg Quote Visit me on Facebook 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne18th June 2008 - Köln Arena20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace ColosseumJ'étais là pour toi, Céline! Why has Javito been silenced ???
Bralo20 Posted February 13, 2010 at 10:16 PM Author Posted February 13, 2010 at 10:16 PM (edited) I'll explain why I should opt for credit card size. Such cards look decent and professional but more inportant is the durability of the badge. Since it's a memorabilia from our meeting it should last long, if not forever and that's why I came up with the plastic badges.I'm regulary attending concerts, events, etc... as a member of the press. In most cases i'm issued a badge and normally I hold them. The onces printed on paper (even laminated) are in bad condition, most of the time just from wearing it during the event. (OK I have to admit, during taking pictures I'm mostly ask to wear it constant to provide access so it get's in my way sometimes and it gets some wear on it, if I put them in my jacket without wearing them they are just fine) The plastic ones are in mint condition like they never been used before. It's possible to make bigger ones but unfortunately not on plastic, just on plain or glossy paper, but then you'll need a protection plastic for it... I don't know, I thought about the credit card size and made my design to look rather professional without the badge screeming "look here"... I've made design in landscape but portrait is also possible? I thought that such, not to big, badges would look great on the more formal wear we'll probably be wearing that night? Anyway, just my thoughts Edited February 13, 2010 at 10:19 PM by Bralo20 Quote ...
Cheerfuljane Posted February 13, 2010 at 10:20 PM Posted February 13, 2010 at 10:20 PM I didn't realize that the credit card size one was actually plastic.Is it possible to show us a photo of one? I'm trying to imagine how you would fit all that info on it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.