Snowhite Posted April 22, 2009 at 08:56 PM Posted April 22, 2009 at 08:56 PM You've got to be kiddin' with this question! Celine is the best-selling female artist of all time. If that's not good managing, I don't know what is... Facts speak for themselves. Amen! First,i do respect him a lot.Second,he is not a God that we have to say amen cuz we'r not at the church.Third nobody said that he is not good managing,actually he was,and that way Celine got succeeded,but take a look on reality and review the things about her last promotions ESPECIALLY TC.Forth,when u look at it better,u'll see that the audience still loves her and supports her,buying her all editions like we all do here and that's how she is still really great star..Cuz we really love her and respect her.That's why. Well said cmcdaori , I def agree with everything you just said Of course her fans still support her at the maximum but she doesn't have new audience... Very few people became fans of her the last years Quote
CelineFanInSoCal Posted April 23, 2009 at 12:24 AM Posted April 23, 2009 at 12:24 AM You've got to be kiddin' with this question! Celine is the best-selling female artist of all time. If that's not good managing, I don't know what is... Facts speak for themselves. Amen! First,i do respect him a lot.Second,he is not a God that we have to say amen cuz we'r not at the church.Third nobody said that he is not good managing,actually he was,and that way Celine got succeeded,but take a look on reality and review the things about her last promotions ESPECIALLY TC.Forth,when u look at it better,u'll see that the audience still loves her and supports her,buying her all editions like we all do here and that's how she is still really great star..Cuz we really love her and respect her.That's why. Well said cmcdaori , I def agree with everything you just said Of course her fans still support her at the maximum but she doesn't have new audience... Very few people became fans of her the last years Yeah, I would agree with that. She's relying on her current fan base for everything. But I wonder if it's due to management/record label or just the overall attitude of not wanting/needing to do much else then what they're currently doing. Celine has a wonderful voiceCeline is known around the worldCeline had huge success in the mid ninetiesCeline is newsworthyCeline redefined the face of entertainment in VegasCeline has been able to cross off lots of goals in her career as accomplished but, Celine does not seem to want new fans but, I wonder, if she's in the position in her career to get the same type of following as she had in the nineties. I don't think she is. I don't think she needs to worry about it, which is a great issue for any artist to have, but lots of folks on the forum would assume that the recent successes of Vegas and the tour would inevitably create legions of new fans, but I don't think they did. I think it was a great way for other people to get to know who she is, and give some respect her way, but certainly not create the same number of fans that were created over a decade ago. Quote
Javito Posted April 23, 2009 at 09:13 AM Posted April 23, 2009 at 09:13 AM (edited) but, Celine does not seem to want new fans but, I wonder, if she's in the position in her career to get the same type of following as she had in the nineties. I don't think she is. I don't think she needs to worry about it, which is a great issue for any artist to have, but lots of folks on the forum would assume that the recent successes of Vegas and the tour would inevitably create legions of new fans, but I don't think they did. I think it was a great way for other people to get to know who she is, and give some respect her way, but certainly not create the same number of fans that were created over a decade ago. Agree. It seems they don't want to try the new styled songs because they don't want to know a new success with them, so they keep pushing on ballads everytime Again, Céline grew old musically speaking very early, too soon. And there's every indication that she and her team don't want to change that. But obviously, except for the fans that were already fans of Céline before 2002, the people that came to see her to LV shows is not because they are new fans, but because they wanted to see the Céline of the late 90's, the Céline of the MHWGO success. Not because they know her new stuff or because they are a new legion of fans... And on and on, they keep stuck on that past time Edited April 23, 2009 at 09:23 AM by Gonzalillo Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Snowhite Posted April 23, 2009 at 09:36 AM Posted April 23, 2009 at 09:36 AM You've got to be kiddin' with this question! Celine is the best-selling female artist of all time. If that's not good managing, I don't know what is... Facts speak for themselves. Amen! First,i do respect him a lot.Second,he is not a God that we have to say amen cuz we'r not at the church.Third nobody said that he is not good managing,actually he was,and that way Celine got succeeded,but take a look on reality and review the things about her last promotions ESPECIALLY TC.Forth,when u look at it better,u'll see that the audience still loves her and supports her,buying her all editions like we all do here and that's how she is still really great star..Cuz we really love her and respect her.That's why. Well said cmcdaori , I def agree with everything you just said Of course her fans still support her at the maximum but she doesn't have new audience... Very few people became fans of her the last years Yeah, I would agree with that. She's relying on her current fan base for everything. But I wonder if it's due to management/record label or just the overall attitude of not wanting/needing to do much else then what they're currently doing. Celine has a wonderful voiceCeline is known around the worldCeline had huge success in the mid ninetiesCeline is newsworthyCeline redefined the face of entertainment in VegasCeline has been able to cross off lots of goals in her career as accomplished but, Celine does not seem to want new fans but, I wonder, if she's in the position in her career to get the same type of following as she had in the nineties. I don't think she is. I don't think she needs to worry about it, which is a great issue for any artist to have, but lots of folks on the forum would assume that the recent successes of Vegas and the tour would inevitably create legions of new fans, but I don't think they did. I think it was a great way for other people to get to know who she is, and give some respect her way, but certainly not create the same number of fans that were created over a decade ago.I couldn't agree more with you!! :msn-wink: Quote
beautyroses Posted April 23, 2009 at 09:42 AM Posted April 23, 2009 at 09:42 AM I think the thing that celine wanted to be home and be less active is a lie to herself and to us.Remember the thing she said on "My Love" recording session,she said she doesn't know who she really is,and what she wants and what she feels,maybe she was overwhelmed by atmosphere at that time a bit but 50% is true. and I was comaring years of 1993-1997 with years 2003-2007 look at the studio albums1993=The color of my love 1995=D'eux1996=Falling into you 1997=Let's talk about loveand 2003-20072003=One heart2003=1fille & 4 Types2005=Miracle2007=D'elles 2007=taking chancesso u see she even released more albums that 1993-1997 which were her best years and most successful ones. and add the so many shows between 2003-2007 so she was even working more in these years but in wrong direction. she really doesn't know how to make ballance and Rene as a more experienced person is not helping though, she was doing somehow a full time job with so much pressure these years in new day think about going on stage every night,she should get prepared before,run through the show in an steep stage and hurry for dress changes,I think Rene and [Celine over estimate Celine's physical power and she tired herself so much during these years and no benefit on them,think with these much albums we have few singles and fewer videos and fewer good promotion.just exhuastion for Celine if I were her manager I would manage things like this3 year run in new day no one hurt although it is good album but I would haved it and release half of songs as an extenstion edition of a new day has come and add some songs to live in vegas album,release "I surrender",and "have you ever been in love" as a new day has come singles,also release "sorry for love" and "rain tax" as uptempo songs for the album to show her new sight ,also I drove all night too though it is a cover but it is great also 1 fille & 4 types is a good album but completely ignored with 2 singles with coming of "contre nature" so late, after vegas a 1 or 2 your off for new baby,and she didn't have to fully retire release some singles with a simple video would be good act,maybe new baby and then for new baby she could release miracle,and after coming back releasing "taking chances" and "D'elles" but definitly not with these singles which didn't do a good job at all,and she could go on world tour. [ /size] Quote http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/Venus_1982/new1.jpgAngel of My World[/i]
cmcdaori Posted April 23, 2009 at 10:17 AM Posted April 23, 2009 at 10:17 AM (edited) I think the thing that celine wanted to be home and be less active is a lie to herself and to us.Remember the thing she said on "My Love" recording session,she said she doesn't know who she really is,and what she wants and what she feels,maybe she was overwhelmed by atmosphere at that time a bit but 50% is true. and I was comaring years of 1993-1997 with years 2003-2007 look at the studio albums1993=The color of my love 1995=D'eux1996=Falling into you 1997=Let's talk about loveand 2003-20072003=One heart2003=1fille & 4 Types2005=Miracle2007=D'elles 2007=taking chancesso u see she even released more albums that 1993-1997 which were her best years and most successful ones. and add the so many shows between 2003-2007 so she was even working more in these years but in wrong direction. she really doesn't know how to make ballance and Rene as a more experienced person is not helping though, she was doing somehow a full time job with so much pressure these years in new day think about going on stage every night,she should get prepared before,run through the show in an steep stage and hurry for dress changes,I think Rene and [Celine over estimate Celine's physical power and she tired herself so much during these years and no benefit on them,think with these much albums we have few singles and fewer videos and fewer good promotion.just exhuastion for Celine if I were her manager I would manage things like this3 year run in new day no one hurt although it is good album but I would haved it and release half of songs as an extenstion edition of a new day has come and add some songs to live in vegas album,release "I surrender",and "have you ever been in love" as a new day has come singles,also release "sorry for love" and "rain tax" as uptempo songs for the album to show her new sight ,also I drove all night too though it is a cover but it is great also 1 fille & 4 types is a good album but completely ignored with 2 singles with coming of "contre nature" so late, after vegas a 1 or 2 your off for new baby,and she didn't have to fully retire release some singles with a simple video would be good act,maybe new baby and then for new baby she could release miracle,and after coming back releasing "taking chances" and "D'elles" but definitly not with these singles which didn't do a good job at all,and she could go on world tour. [ /size] I agree completely..they ignored all albums..im so mad Not just some songs,they ignored many songs that could have broken the top charts...this is crazy.... Edited April 23, 2009 at 10:28 AM by cmcdaori Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
kenneyhxy Posted April 23, 2009 at 12:31 PM Posted April 23, 2009 at 12:31 PM MAY BE. HARD TO SAY. Quote
Edwin Posted April 23, 2009 at 12:53 PM Posted April 23, 2009 at 12:53 PM What a tough question. He used to be a good manager, knowing and doing exactly what needed to be done to promote Celine aggressively. But now he's a good husband allowing her to be comfortable. Quote
aniaa19 Posted April 23, 2009 at 03:47 PM Posted April 23, 2009 at 03:47 PM Yes, I think that he is the best, Quote
cmcdaori Posted April 23, 2009 at 03:55 PM Posted April 23, 2009 at 03:55 PM (edited) MAY BE. HARD TO SAY. I really don't know what to say else.I've said all the things i wanned to say and the time after 2002 was completely crush as my opinion.So many things ignored like they never released out.Look at the TC world tour,no any song added from 1f&4t or d'elles.It's a catastrophe..but some people r blind..no further comment on this.. Edited April 23, 2009 at 03:56 PM by cmcdaori Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
CelineFanInSoCal Posted April 23, 2009 at 04:32 PM Posted April 23, 2009 at 04:32 PM MAY BE. HARD TO SAY. I really don't know what to say else.I've said all the things i wanned to say and the time after 2002 was completely crush as my opinion.So many things ignored like they never released out.Look at the TC world tour,no any song added from 1f&4t or d'elles.It's a catastrophe..but some people r blind..no further comment on this.. Yes. Those are the fans who are so die-hard, that everything is perfect in their eyes. Maybe they're young or inexperienced at how the world works, or just enjoy living by the adage "ignorance is bliss", but one day, it will truly be a new day for some folks. hee hee And don't take the "ignorance is bliss" thing the wrong way. Ignorance just means lack of information, or the inability to process that information and turn it into knowledge. Some people like not knowing the truth. It makes their lives easier. It's just not a life I want to live. Quote
Jacqui Posted April 24, 2009 at 12:36 PM Posted April 24, 2009 at 12:36 PM I don't think it's that we're ignorant. Most of us know what goes on in Celine's career. It's just that the whole promotion/sales aspect of things doesn't matter as much to everybody, as it does to you. And that's fine, everyone's different. Quote
tennisdiva Posted April 24, 2009 at 07:58 PM Posted April 24, 2009 at 07:58 PM I think that as their relationship grew and his interest of profession blended with personal, the promotion amongst other problems became apparent. Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted April 25, 2009 at 12:17 PM Posted April 25, 2009 at 12:17 PM If it's true that she no longer "cares" about her sales, why did she get upset when D'elles flopped? Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Javito Posted April 25, 2009 at 02:51 PM Posted April 25, 2009 at 02:51 PM If it's true that she no longer "cares" about her sales, why did she get upset when D'elles flopped? When did that happen?? Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Davey84 Posted April 25, 2009 at 03:06 PM Posted April 25, 2009 at 03:06 PM I aint bothered to read all the pages but I agree with eddie: What a tough question. He used to be a good manager, knowing and doing exactly what needed to be done to promote Celine aggressively. But now he's a good husband allowing her to be comfortable. he used to be really good and knew what to do at what time, I guess his biggest last gamble/decision was to go through with AND, but that also isolated Céline a lot... I think he should step down as her manager. He needs to be a husband and a father now! But I think he's a workaholic so he'll work till he drops! I think Céline would truely benefit from a whole new fresh approach...and that also includes leaving Sony Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Selina286 Posted April 25, 2009 at 03:51 PM Posted April 25, 2009 at 03:51 PM Rene being Ceine's manager is how they fell in love, it's a way of always being on Celine's side and know what's going on. If something goes wrong or Celine's not happy there will always be Rene there to make Celine feel better. If Rene wasn't her manager then they wouldnt have such a strong relationship. It's the way they learn to understand each other..... Quote
Selina286 Posted April 25, 2009 at 03:58 PM Posted April 25, 2009 at 03:58 PM He used to be a good manager in the 90's, but not today, definetly, and much less after Céline's comeback in 2002. He is too focused on the "singer of ballads" profile of Céline, and he is so wrong with that. That is a cliché that he, the record company (and Céline herself) have convinced themselves to link with Céline during all her career, and Céline's voice is not only good for singing ballads, but many other styles, and it seems he doesn't realize, even after making such an album like Taking Chances And in the 90's, as I said, he focused a lot on the ballads too. They promoted good songs, but maybe things would have been better today for her career if she would have sung and promoted songs like I Feel Too Much (instead of The Last To Know, though its precious), Did You Give Enough Love or A Little Bit Of Love (instead of If You Asked Me To or Water From The Moon), Right In Front Of You or When The Wrong One Loves You Right (instead of Goodbye's... ), Shadow Of Love or Can't Fight The Feelin' (instead of TWO covers (¿? incomprehensible!) and My Love )... the list continues, its long And these are only to mention some, there are dozens of songs that nobody knows out there that are far better than the actual singles they chose to promote in radios and TV shows... but they don't realize, or don't want to realize! I say that "things could have been better today" not because things are not good for her today in her career, but because her international career is very damaged today, as well as her international status. She's not the singer she was in 1999, even in 2002 BEFORE LAS VEGAS years began (I've always said -and I will- that that was a BIG mistake for her career). She's not recognized to be an uptempo songs singer, or a singer with a fresh and young style, but a singer oriented to the adult public . And now tell me, how many adult people are in this forum? Or how many young fans are here? Are here more adult, or more young aged people?. We are thousands of young people who want to listen to young and fresh music, not ballads made for 50 year old women, and some of them with depressing and sad lyrics. I'm not surprised she doesn't have success today if they chose songs like My Love to play on radios , and not songs like Shadow Of Love or full of energy like Can't Fight The Feeling. I would like to see how would have been the album course with those songs selected as radio singles and both of them with good videos. Those songs, with a good promo, would have bring her back to where she deserves. But no, no way, its better to send to radios My Love, or another cover to remind people that she only knows to sing covers or that it seems she doesn't have her own songs to try success again. Let's hide the good stuff and show the world AGAIN the same. Over and over again. Is that really "taking chances"?. That's not the way, and obviosly René is totally disconnected of what we want to hear. Sorry for this long speech. But, to sum up: René, the Céline singer-of-ballads profile has been overexploited. Please move on to other things and take chances with other kind of songs. But do it for real, don't waste more albums with great songs to then send to radios more ballads and poor songs! You can't really blame Rene because Celine doesn't write her own songs, maybe they are more up tempo because she's happier in life now. (PS I'm one of Celine's youngest fans, Im only 13 but i loved her since i was 12, which was a really short time compared to her other fans, but i love her just as much) Quote
CelineDionFan710 Posted April 25, 2009 at 03:59 PM Posted April 25, 2009 at 03:59 PM That is how they fell in love with rene being her manager. i think that it would be cool to have your husband as a manager.i think that they have a good relationship for that Quote http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpgCeline is my idol
EDWIGE Posted April 25, 2009 at 06:19 PM Posted April 25, 2009 at 06:19 PM Yes i think. Quote Blog 100 % Céline Dion http://equipeceline.skyrock.com Venez nombreux et laissez vos commentaires.
cmcdaori Posted April 26, 2009 at 11:10 AM Posted April 26, 2009 at 11:10 AM You've got to be kiddin' with this question! Celine is the best-selling female artist of all time. If that's not good managing, I don't know what is... Facts speak for themselves. Amen! First,i do respect him a lot.Second,he is not a God that we have to say amen cuz we'r not at the church.Third nobody said that he is not good managing,actually he was,and that way Celine got succeeded,but take a look on reality and review the things about her last promotions ESPECIALLY TC.Forth,when u look at it better,u'll see that the audience still loves her and supports her,buying her all editions like we all do here and that's how she is still really great star..Cuz we really love her and respect her.That's why. Well said cmcdaori , I def agree with everything you just said We should only open our eyes better and thats all. You've got to be kiddin' with this question! Celine is the best-selling female artist of all time. If that's not good managing, I don't know what is... Facts speak for themselves. Amen! First,i do respect him a lot.Second,he is not a God that we have to say amen cuz we'r not at the church.Third nobody said that he is not good managing,actually he was,and that way Celine got succeeded,but take a look on reality and review the things about her last promotions ESPECIALLY TC.Forth,when u look at it better,u'll see that the audience still loves her and supports her,buying her all editions like we all do here and that's how she is still really great star..Cuz we really love her and respect her.That's why. Well said cmcdaori , I def agree with everything you just said Of course her fans still support her at the maximum but she doesn't have new audience... Very few people became fans of her the last years Yes actually,there r no new fans,just the audience that always remained by her side. Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
cmcdaori Posted April 26, 2009 at 11:12 AM Posted April 26, 2009 at 11:12 AM You've got to be kiddin' with this question! Celine is the best-selling female artist of all time. If that's not good managing, I don't know what is... Facts speak for themselves. Amen! First,i do respect him a lot.Second,he is not a God that we have to say amen cuz we'r not at the church.Third nobody said that he is not good managing,actually he was,and that way Celine got succeeded,but take a look on reality and review the things about her last promotions ESPECIALLY TC.Forth,when u look at it better,u'll see that the audience still loves her and supports her,buying her all editions like we all do here and that's how she is still really great star..Cuz we really love her and respect her.That's why. Well said cmcdaori , I def agree with everything you just said Of course her fans still support her at the maximum but she doesn't have new audience... Very few people became fans of her the last years Yeah, I would agree with that. She's relying on her current fan base for everything. But I wonder if it's due to management/record label or just the overall attitude of not wanting/needing to do much else then what they're currently doing. Celine has a wonderful voiceCeline is known around the worldCeline had huge success in the mid ninetiesCeline is newsworthyCeline redefined the face of entertainment in VegasCeline has been able to cross off lots of goals in her career as accomplished but, Celine does not seem to want new fans but, I wonder, if she's in the position in her career to get the same type of following as she had in the nineties. I don't think she is. I don't think she needs to worry about it, which is a great issue for any artist to have, but lots of folks on the forum would assume that the recent successes of Vegas and the tour would inevitably create legions of new fans, but I don't think they did. I think it was a great way for other people to get to know who she is, and give some respect her way, but certainly not create the same number of fans that were created over a decade ago.I couldn't agree more with you!! :msn-wink: Me too. MAY BE. HARD TO SAY. I really don't know what to say else.I've said all the things i wanned to say and the time after 2002 was completely crush as my opinion.So many things ignored like they never released out.Look at the TC world tour,no any song added from 1f&4t or d'elles.It's a catastrophe..but some people r blind..no further comment on this.. Yes. Those are the fans who are so die-hard, that everything is perfect in their eyes. Maybe they're young or inexperienced at how the world works, or just enjoy living by the adage "ignorance is bliss", but one day, it will truly be a new day for some folks. hee hee And don't take the "ignorance is bliss" thing the wrong way. Ignorance just means lack of information, or the inability to process that information and turn it into knowledge. Some people like not knowing the truth. It makes their lives easier. It's just not a life I want to live. Thanx for all ur comments and support.The ignorance is not literally said,is sth else.We should just open our eyes to reality,thats all cuz is the truth,but nobody said that i or sb else hate Rene.We love him,he created Celine,but come on,the things r not so perfect anymore,is totally different today.. Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Prince Whiskers Posted April 26, 2009 at 03:02 PM Posted April 26, 2009 at 03:02 PM If it's true that she no longer "cares" about her sales, why did she get upset when D'elles flopped? When did that happen?? Well, where were you when this small rumor surfaced on the forum? She worked so hard on the album only to get a lukewarm reception in France. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Davey84 Posted April 26, 2009 at 03:41 PM Posted April 26, 2009 at 03:41 PM well it got a great response in France at first; I mean Et S'il n'en restait qu'une was number one!! but after that the usual sony killer machine came along and what happen: no promotion for the 'new' single... a video that was late again, and eventually the song get stuffed away on the TC single... plus A Cause (THE HIT) of the album was not released as a single. what a way to kill an album! but I also think that not singing your new stuff (except ESNRQ) on tour was a mistake too Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Prince Whiskers Posted April 26, 2009 at 03:49 PM Posted April 26, 2009 at 03:49 PM Immensite as the 2nd single stalled the album's momentum. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Moleque20 Posted April 27, 2009 at 10:51 AM Posted April 27, 2009 at 10:51 AM Imo. he used to be a good one, but now he is not anymore. The only think that he's interested in is getting more money... For God'sake, its time for retirement. Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
lindsey22 Posted April 29, 2009 at 08:46 PM Posted April 29, 2009 at 08:46 PM (edited) Imo. he used to be a good one, but now he is not anymore. The only think that he's interested in is getting more money... For God'sake, its time for retirement.i agree with this. He was really good in the beginning getting her exposure in the US market, getting her all the good gigs in Hollywood , etc,, but she should have come back in 2002 with a different manager. Nowadays, he's more so now than ever focused on money and being lazy (doing the littlest as possible for the biggest cheque possible). He has NO interest whatsoever in evolving her artistic side: movie roles, broadway etc... after she made all the huge amounts of money , you would think he would try to change the focus to something more authentic, real, and artsy but nooooooo career suicide... take the easy way out: LV another couple years sometimes i wish he would get out of the picture (if God sees fit) and see where Celine takes it: i bet she would go for something really artsy ala Barbara Steisand style: Funny Girl, broadway or the like. Edited April 29, 2009 at 08:49 PM by lindsey22 Quote
Selina286 Posted May 3, 2009 at 05:54 PM Posted May 3, 2009 at 05:54 PM now that i think about it more i realize that maybe celine does need a new manager, i mean rene is getting really old now he's 67, and he's too in love with celine that he's doesnt want to push celine too hard a he is letting celine have her way of things... but i dont wanna see rene go awayy... Quote
cmcdaori Posted May 3, 2009 at 06:17 PM Posted May 3, 2009 at 06:17 PM now that i think about it more i realize that maybe celine does need a new manager, i mean rene is getting really old now he's 67, and he's too in love with celine that he's doesnt want to push celine too hard a he is letting celine have her way of things... but i dont wanna see rene go awayy... I wouldnt agree that he let her do it what she wants,he is giving her a pressure a bit,but in any way,i wouldnt like to see him go..he's Rene and he'll stay forever.We cant be without him and esp Celine.. Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Celine=Love Posted May 3, 2009 at 07:06 PM Posted May 3, 2009 at 07:06 PM I've always thought that Rene was an excellent manager. His only real obvious flaw was he is too much of a teddy bear with Sony. However, some of that "flaw" could be related to the image that he and Celine might have wanted to project. Celine always seemed like the type of singer that wanted to make her name worldwide as the bombastic, big-voiced, "Broadway" star type artist, not a flash-in-the-pan pop singer. She wanted to be more like Barbara Streisand type than a Britney Spears, and in that regard, her team has succeeded. When you think of Rene's management, think of it this way - measure her success by her FAME not her INFAMY. Sure, she's never had a constant stream of number one hits, but she's also not been the tabloid fodder that comes with popularity like that. Sure, she never gotten big in Hollywood but then again, we've never had to suffer thru a "Bodyguard" or "Crossroads" from her either. She's ALWAYS stayed true to her style of music, and hasn't vasillated between pop ballads and hip-hop and back. Rene has always "stuck with the plan", as unpopular as its been sometimes, and has lived up to his promise of never steering Celine in the wrong direction. Sure, there were many moments that we as fans have been screaming for him to let her take some risks, but why tinker with such a wildly successful formula? Look at it this way, y'all. While Whitney and Mariah are huge stars in their own right, think of how much grander their lives and their careers would've been if someone like Rene would've been at the helm. Quote "When I hear no violins..You play my every string..."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.