whineupemily Posted November 28, 2009 at 09:34 PM Posted November 28, 2009 at 09:34 PM Saw this today 2 1/2 hours of my life I will NEVER get back. Ugh.. There was something particularly great I liked about the "movie" though. The previews, before the movie, I saw this FABULOUS preview for a movie called "Letters To Juliet" with Amanda Seyfried and the wonderful Vanessa Redgrave. I cried during the preview, and it was freaking 2 minutes. So yea, got that much out of it Quote
Frida Posted November 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM Posted November 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM A what do you think of the actual book? (is it the plot in the book itself you don't like, or the way they adapted the book to the screen?) Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
whineupemily Posted November 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM Posted November 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM A what do you think of the actual book? (is it the plot in the book itself you don't like, or the way they adapted the book to the screen?) Oh the book was... yea I can't even explain how much I LOVED the book(s). It's just.. something was missing the whole time on screen. I can't pin point it! But I just felt lskdjflasf ughhh. Like, a big gaping hole in the story, and everyone was just around it, but no one could fill it up. I really cannot explain it. I saw it with my Aunt, who is about as much of a fan as a 12 year old, meaning HUGE fan of the books, except she felt exactly the same as I did. I guess I had it all pictured in my mind, from the way the story was told in the books, that gave it such great detail and let you imagine everything on your own, and kind of form your own idea around the story line. & when books are made into movies, it sort of looses that incredible quality. Ya know? Maybe I need to see the movie again, to appreciate it more & not to criticize the acting, but seriously. It's kind of painful to watch Kristen on screen. Does the director intentionally tell her to talk in monotone, and look thoroughly unconvincing? :down: Bottom line is, it basically took away any ability for me to create, in my mind how I pictured everything would go. Kind of like the movies laid it all down, and said "no THIS is how it's supposed to be." Quote
Frida Posted November 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM Posted November 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM Huh, interesting.. Perhaps me liking it was because I went with low/no expectations to begin with? There will always be plotlines and things that get cut out, I mean that's inevitable when an inches-thick novel is made into a movie, but I personally think they got the majority of it in there. I thought it was well directed, thought the acting was good (I actually like Kristen's Bella, but she's definitely not fully grown as an actress) and Melissa Rosenberg did a muuuch better job on the script in this one. So I really have no complaints.. And yeah, I know that with movies they often "tell you how to feel/see" things and that scenes therefor lack that "magic" that was there when you read the books, but then again.. That feeling is so individual, a movie cannot possibly respresent all thousands of different readers' interpretations, kwim? (And I guess that's why I don't built up any expectations when seeing film based off of books I've read, such as Twilight and HP - I know that I'm not going to see my version. It'll be someone elses, and I'm willing and interested to see how the actors and directors interpret the characters) Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
whineupemily Posted November 29, 2009 at 01:10 AM Posted November 29, 2009 at 01:10 AM Perhaps me liking it was because I went with low/no expectations to begin with?That's exactly what I do, but the opposite. Like, I get into shows and movies with SUCH big expections, that when things don't exactly turn out that way, it seems like a let down. & hearing about how wonderful New Moon was, of course I had high expectations and hopes that it would turn out to be fantastic, in which I had no doubt! ... until after the movie. I guess I didn't really give it a chance, other then how I thought it should play out. Yea, I definitely need to watch this again. & try to separate how I feel it should go from reading the books, to how it was drawn out in the movies God, the scenery is so beautiful in the movie though. The colours and tones! I can never get enough of it & the way the red truck looks with the rest of the pale, but vibrant environment.. is gorgeous. Quote
whineupemily Posted November 29, 2009 at 01:15 AM Posted November 29, 2009 at 01:15 AM (And I guess that's why I don't built up any expectations when seeing film based off of books I've read, such as Twilight and HP - I know that I'm not going to see my version. It'll be someone elses, and I'm willing and interested to see how the actors and directors interpret the characters)That's a fantastic way to look at things Next time I go into a movie, I shall think of that! But you're right, it IS interesting to see how the actors interpret the characters. Except I'm in my own little world, to stubborn to be interested in how they're drawing out the storyline themselves in the movie, with the actors. Quote
AllCeline Posted November 29, 2009 at 05:22 AM Posted November 29, 2009 at 05:22 AM Saw this today 2 1/2 hours of my life I will NEVER get back. Ugh.. There was something particularly great I liked about the "movie" though. The previews, before the movie, I saw this FABULOUS preview for a movie called "Letters To Juliet" with Amanda Seyfried and the wonderful Vanessa Redgrave. I cried during the preview, and it was freaking 2 minutes. So yea, got that much out of it Was it Taylor Swift that caught your attention in the trailer? I saw "New Moon" tonight and they showed the trailer for "Letters to Juliet." Loved hearing "Love Story" in it. Quote http://i34.tinypic.com/9ybm.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/o56kr5.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/vhqqu9.jpg>> flickr | WordPress <<Celine Dion needs another ANDHC/OH album!No more Taking Chances--just do what works!
ladylindsey Posted November 29, 2009 at 06:00 AM Posted November 29, 2009 at 06:00 AM I loveeee the books. I read them way before the movies came out. But these actors are horrendous to me! We saw New Moon last night and I laughed at them it was so awkward! And there was something about the music that was playing during their scenes, i dunno. It was way too cheesy for me. I like Jacob though, but to me his character didn't seem teenagery enough...I know in the books he's way more "dudeeeeeeee" this and that haha, which is one reason Bella can relate to him easier. But the two main characters are The characters in my mind are waaayy better than those guys haha. Quote
whineupemily Posted November 29, 2009 at 07:54 AM Posted November 29, 2009 at 07:54 AM Saw this today 2 1/2 hours of my life I will NEVER get back. Ugh.. There was something particularly great I liked about the "movie" though. The previews, before the movie, I saw this FABULOUS preview for a movie called "Letters To Juliet" with Amanda Seyfried and the wonderful Vanessa Redgrave. I cried during the preview, and it was freaking 2 minutes. So yea, got that much out of it Was it Taylor Swift that caught your attention in the trailer? I saw "New Moon" tonight and they showed the trailer for "Letters to Juliet." Loved hearing "Love Story" in it. No haha, it was the back of Vanessa Redgrave's head that caught my attention :) The moment I saw the hair I was thinking "THAT'S HER!". The Taylor Swift song was actually the part that made me roll my eyes Quote
whineupemily Posted November 29, 2009 at 07:56 AM Posted November 29, 2009 at 07:56 AM these actors are horrendous to me!Doesn't Kristen Stewart look high about 99% of the movie? Quote
Krys Posted November 29, 2009 at 12:55 PM Posted November 29, 2009 at 12:55 PM thank god i didnt go see this in the cinemas i would've hated myself if i did Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted November 29, 2009 at 04:40 PM Posted November 29, 2009 at 04:40 PM What do Rob, Taylor and Celine have in common????? SPOILER! --Click here to view-- | --Cliquez ici pour voir--devoted, breathless middle-aged female fans True that! Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
whineupemily Posted November 30, 2009 at 03:02 AM Posted November 30, 2009 at 03:02 AM What do Rob, Taylor and Celine have in common????? SPOILER! --Click here to view-- | --Cliquez ici pour voir--devoted, breathless middle-aged female fans True that! HAHAHAHA :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: Oh I LOVE IT :wub: Except middle-aged fans, for Taylor and Rob? ...... That's kind of scary.When I think of middle-aged, I think of like 60 year olds, obsessing over Rob. :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :doh: Quote
Celineforeveranangel Posted November 30, 2009 at 10:22 AM Posted November 30, 2009 at 10:22 AM 'This was made for the fans, and if you don't get it, then you don't get it' - Chris Weitz I think people's main problem with Kristen is the fact that she's not playing "their" Bella. Everyone can't seem to grasp the fact that everyone interpret a role/character differently.. Yip agree one hundred percent Im sorry that some of you didnt enjoy the movie. I think the actors are doing a great job with their interpretation of the characters lol. No vision is ever going to match up to how you personally relate to the books and how you see the story in your mind when you read it.I for one am seeing New Moon a couple of times haha Quote http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/Celineforeveranangel/6673.jpgI love Celine!!!!!!!!!!
Prince Whiskers Posted November 30, 2009 at 01:04 PM Posted November 30, 2009 at 01:04 PM What do Rob, Taylor and Celine have in common????? SPOILER! --Click here to view-- | --Cliquez ici pour voir--devoted, breathless middle-aged female fans True that! HAHAHAHA :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: Oh I LOVE IT :wub: Except middle-aged fans, for Taylor and Rob? ...... That's kind of scary.When I think of middle-aged, I think of like 60 year olds, obsessing over Rob. :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :doh:middle-aged = mothers who got influenced by their tween/teen daughtahs Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
paradox Posted November 30, 2009 at 03:46 PM Posted November 30, 2009 at 03:46 PM Saw the new moon and i think its carp :SI'm fan of books but this was rly rly bad movie :SOnly good part of movie was Emmet Quote http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6776/sexymumcopylw0.jpg I've seen the tears and the heartacheAnd I've felt the painI've seen the hatredAnd so many lives lost in vainhttp://badge.facebook.com/badge/607836890.403.1463868699.png
whineupemily Posted December 1, 2009 at 04:29 AM Posted December 1, 2009 at 04:29 AM middle-aged = mothers who got influenced by their tween/teen daughtahs Like... my Aunt Her 23 year old daughter has well over influenced her into being obsessed Quote
AllCeline Posted December 1, 2009 at 09:09 PM Posted December 1, 2009 at 09:09 PM Saw this today 2 1/2 hours of my life I will NEVER get back. Ugh.. There was something particularly great I liked about the "movie" though. The previews, before the movie, I saw this FABULOUS preview for a movie called "Letters To Juliet" with Amanda Seyfried and the wonderful Vanessa Redgrave. I cried during the preview, and it was freaking 2 minutes. So yea, got that much out of it Was it Taylor Swift that caught your attention in the trailer? I saw "New Moon" tonight and they showed the trailer for "Letters to Juliet." Loved hearing "Love Story" in it. No haha, it was the back of Vanessa Redgrave's head that caught my attention :) The moment I saw the hair I was thinking "THAT'S HER!". The Taylor Swift song was actually the part that made me roll my eyes Ouch! Quote http://i34.tinypic.com/9ybm.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/o56kr5.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/vhqqu9.jpg>> flickr | WordPress <<Celine Dion needs another ANDHC/OH album!No more Taking Chances--just do what works!
Tasha.Jade.x Posted December 2, 2009 at 06:37 PM Posted December 2, 2009 at 06:37 PM I absolutey LOVE the twilight movies I recently went to see New Moon and I thought is was AMAZING!!! I cried at some parts, and was sooo happy at the end when Edward asked Bella to marry him I cant wait for Eclipse to come out:). I hear the film has already been made, so I hope it will be coming out soon. Quote http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii234/AS--Xx/CelineAv5.jpg
Frida Posted December 2, 2009 at 06:43 PM Posted December 2, 2009 at 06:43 PM Yeah they've wrapped filming and it'll hit theaters on June 30th Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
Tasha.Jade.x Posted December 5, 2009 at 03:45 PM Posted December 5, 2009 at 03:45 PM Yeah they've wrapped filming and it'll hit theaters on June 30th exciting news thanks Quote http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii234/AS--Xx/CelineAv5.jpg
RLAAMJR. Posted December 7, 2009 at 01:52 AM Posted December 7, 2009 at 01:52 AM i like new moon because it's not just about vampires. you get to see more like werewolves and dakota fanning. i've watched it and i like it. Quote
browseceline Posted December 8, 2009 at 10:05 PM Posted December 8, 2009 at 10:05 PM omd this was such a lame movie... I had seen the first movie and I really liked it.. so I thought let's see the second movie.But it was really really boring ..and sometimes the whining of the girl gets annoyed too! and the cgi also was crap! The wolves did not look amazing at all! fake... all in all it was a long long time watching this in the cinema.. a long boring time Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Frida Posted December 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM Posted December 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM ^ Have you read the book or not? Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
Frida Posted December 8, 2009 at 10:39 PM Posted December 8, 2009 at 10:39 PM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Biu19_4HD3E Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
browseceline Posted December 8, 2009 at 11:17 PM Posted December 8, 2009 at 11:17 PM ^ Have you read the book or not? no I have not. And maybe it follows the book.. but the acting in this second movie is really really bad Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Frida Posted December 8, 2009 at 11:26 PM Posted December 8, 2009 at 11:26 PM ^ Have you read the book or not? no I have not. And maybe it follows the book.. but the acting in this second movie is really really bad Well thank goodness we don't all think alike Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
RLAAMJR. Posted December 9, 2009 at 01:12 AM Posted December 9, 2009 at 01:12 AM on imdb website: All-Time Worldwide Box office the movie is now ranked 56. The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009) $570,892,782 Quote
davidjag79 Posted December 9, 2009 at 01:21 AM Posted December 9, 2009 at 01:21 AM I diffidently thought it was better than the 1st movie I have never read any of the books, so i really don't have anything to compare it to. So saying that i thought overall it was mediocre at best! It was drawn out, and it didn't leave you wanting much more honestly! Quote I have waited for so long...for a miracle to come, A New Day Has Come!! http://i49.tinypic.com/1q1q4i.jpg
RLAAMJR. Posted December 9, 2009 at 01:32 AM Posted December 9, 2009 at 01:32 AM but new moon is definitely better than the first one. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.