silviafreak Posted June 3, 2008 at 06:38 PM Posted June 3, 2008 at 06:38 PM hey guys! i'd like to be at this show in munich. do u know if there are other seats available? how much do they cost? Quote http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4913/firmaxw8.jpg Celine Dion, Taking Chances World Tour 2008 - Amsterdam, Netherland-Munchen, Germany-Milan, Italy- Geneva, Switzerland
Snowhite Posted June 3, 2008 at 08:04 PM Posted June 3, 2008 at 08:04 PM (edited) Of course there are available seats!As yo read below,many tickets are unsold!Well you can book tickets from www.eventim.com ;-) Edited June 3, 2008 at 08:05 PM by Snowhite Quote
silviafreak Posted June 4, 2008 at 07:49 AM Posted June 4, 2008 at 07:49 AM Of course there are available seats!As yo read below,many tickets are unsold!Well you can book tickets from www.eventim.com ;-) thank u very much! i'd like to buy the first category, but i've read the stage is the outdoor one, so i have no idea about what to do. does anyone have a plan of the stadium for the show? Quote http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4913/firmaxw8.jpg Celine Dion, Taking Chances World Tour 2008 - Amsterdam, Netherland-Munchen, Germany-Milan, Italy- Geneva, Switzerland
OlivierAllemagne Posted June 4, 2008 at 08:44 AM Posted June 4, 2008 at 08:44 AM I was reading this topic today (while at work ahhaha)... Someone said the promotion was excellent in Munich and you could see her everywhere... I don’t agree, I live in Munich and yes there was a promotional campaign for a few days but not sooo big, just in a few U-Bahn stations… Basically we do NOT hear about Céline Dion in Germany, especially in comparison to France. On Evntim you never see Celine on the first page !!!!!!!! Also someone is talking about maybe 40 000 people for Munich : it is HUGE for Céline in Germany. Céline made one German TV show every five year in this country (I exaggerate maybe), she is not as popular as in France, USA, Canada, Belgium, etc. So if there are really 40 000 in Munich it would be a big success. Kylie’s show had barely 8000 people last week in the Olympia Arena and there were quite a few free seats according to my manager, who was there, so not sold out. Moreover, I think Céline’s teams at Sony and Feeling and the German promoter know what they do, they are business people, they know the market and if they decided to put 6 dates in Germany and at such prices (250 for 1st category in indoor arenas…) it is because they had good reasons to do so. Obviously an arena with 76% where tickets cost from 90 to 250 gives profit than the same arena sold out with tickets ranging from 45 to 75 EUR. The highest price for a Kylie concert is the lowest price for a Celine concert (roughly). Anyway, I agree with Julien : let’s wait and see before making comments whether Céline Dion’s German tour was a success or not ! I would be happy to see some German fans in Francfort, Stuttgart and Munich. If some people need transport form Munich to Stuttgart and Francfort concerts I will have a car from the company. Quote
MartinMunich Posted June 4, 2008 at 09:47 AM Posted June 4, 2008 at 09:47 AM I was reading this topic today (while at work ahhaha)... Someone said the promotion was excellent in Munich and you could see her everywhere... I don’t agree, I live in Munich and yes there was a promotional campaign for a few days but not sooo big, just in a few U-Bahn stations… Basically we do NOT hear about Céline Dion in Germany, especially in comparison to France. On Evntim you never see Celine on the first page !!!!!!!! Also someone is talking about maybe 40 000 people for Munich : it is HUGE for Céline in Germany. Céline made one German TV show every five year in this country (I exaggerate maybe), she is not as popular as in France, USA, Canada, Belgium, etc. So if there are really 40 000 in Munich it would be a big success. Kylie’s show had barely 8000 people last week in the Olympia Arena and there were quite a few free seats according to my manager, who was there, so not sold out. Moreover, I think Céline’s teams at Sony and Feeling and the German promoter know what they do, they are business people, they know the market and if they decided to put 6 dates in Germany and at such prices (250 for 1st category in indoor arenas…) it is because they had good reasons to do so. Obviously an arena with 76% where tickets cost from 90 to 250 gives profit than the same arena sold out with tickets ranging from 45 to 75 EUR. The highest price for a Kylie concert is the lowest price for a Celine concert (roughly). Anyway, I agree with Julien : let’s wait and see before making comments whether Céline Dion’s German tour was a success or not ! I would be happy to see some German fans in Francfort, Stuttgart and Munich. If some people need transport form Munich to Stuttgart and Francfort concerts I will have a car from the company. kylie was almost sold out - i was there. great great show. amazing atmosphere. and you exactelly pointed out the major difference: for a kylie show which was a HUGE sophisticated production you payed 70 EUR, for celine outdoor which is the most boring thing I have ever seen productionwise you pay 170 EUR. it is just an opinion but celine should have played the olympia halle with about 8-9,000 people capicity three times and have three sold out concerts instead of packing all of the fans together in one date, have a half empty stadium and deliver this boring outdoor thing. her management should have senzed a bit more carefully (if they would care for more than just the profit) that celine has not had a single chart hit for almost a decade here. back in 99, when she sold the Olypmic stadium within a few days, she was at the height of her career, having a number one single and a number one album out in the charts. those days are gone. i really don´t want to be too negative (sorry if i sound so) - just my thoughts. Quote
zoea2812 Posted June 4, 2008 at 09:57 AM Posted June 4, 2008 at 09:57 AM I wish i was going to be there. It doesnt really matter what the stage looks like, CELINE WILL BE THERE. It will be brilliant Quote http://www.celinerific.com/Signatures/NHASig1.jpg
Snowhite Posted June 4, 2008 at 10:22 AM Posted June 4, 2008 at 10:22 AM I was reading this topic today (while at work ahhaha)... Someone said the promotion was excellent in Munich and you could see her everywhere... I don’t agree, I live in Munich and yes there was a promotional campaign for a few days but not sooo big, just in a few U-Bahn stations… Basically we do NOT hear about Céline Dion in Germany, especially in comparison to France. On Evntim you never see Celine on the first page !!!!!!!! Also someone is talking about maybe 40 000 people for Munich : it is HUGE for Céline in Germany. Céline made one German TV show every five year in this country (I exaggerate maybe), she is not as popular as in France, USA, Canada, Belgium, etc. So if there are really 40 000 in Munich it would be a big success. Kylie’s show had barely 8000 people last week in the Olympia Arena and there were quite a few free seats according to my manager, who was there, so not sold out. Moreover, I think Céline’s teams at Sony and Feeling and the German promoter know what they do, they are business people, they know the market and if they decided to put 6 dates in Germany and at such prices (250 for 1st category in indoor arenas…) it is because they had good reasons to do so. Obviously an arena with 76% where tickets cost from 90 to 250 gives profit than the same arena sold out with tickets ranging from 45 to 75 EUR. The highest price for a Kylie concert is the lowest price for a Celine concert (roughly). Anyway, I agree with Julien : let’s wait and see before making comments whether Céline Dion’s German tour was a success or not ! I would be happy to see some German fans in Francfort, Stuttgart and Munich. If some people need transport form Munich to Stuttgart and Francfort concerts I will have a car from the company. kylie was almost sold out - i was there. great great show. amazing atmosphere. and you exactelly pointed out the major difference: for a kylie show which was a HUGE sophisticated production you payed 70 EUR, for celine outdoor which is the most boring thing I have ever seen productionwise you pay 170 EUR. it is just an opinion but celine should have played the olympia halle with about 8-9,000 people capicity three times and have three sold out concerts instead of packing all of the fans together in one date, have a half empty stadium and deliver this boring outdoor thing. her management should have senzed a bit more carefully (if they would care for more than just the profit) that celine has not had a single chart hit for almost a decade here. back in 99, when she sold the Olypmic stadium within a few days, she was at the height of her career, having a number one single and a number one album out in the charts. those days are gone. i really don´t want to be too negative (sorry if i sound so) - just my thoughts.Well you have just rto think that Celine is quality.As you know she isn't famous for her body or her dancers,show etc.She is famous for her incredible,touching voice!She doesn't offer a simple show but a show full of quality!The promotion only is poor.Nothing else.And beleive i would pay much more euros just only to listen her singing without the ballet and lights.I wonder how you can say that Celine's concert was the most boring show.You know it's Celine.Not Madonna.You should know that Quote
OlivierAllemagne Posted June 4, 2008 at 11:54 AM Posted June 4, 2008 at 11:54 AM kylie was almost sold out - i was there. great great show. amazing atmosphere. --> Almost but NOT sold out !!! and you exactelly pointed out the major difference: for a kylie show which was a HUGE sophisticated production you payed 70 EUR, for celine outdoor which is the most boring thing I have ever seen productionwise you pay 170 EUR. --> Hey come on it is NOT a boring production even with an Irish style stage it is still a superb show, conception by Jamie King, Céline's Charisma, stage presence and voice, Céline is a legend, etc... it is just an opinion but celine should have played the olympia halle with about 8-9,000 people capicity three times and have three sold out concerts instead of packing all of the fans together in one date, have a half empty stadium and deliver this boring outdoor thing. --> Ok but a stadium is so much more impressive, I think it is good to have both indoor and outdoor venues. It is so impressive to see a concert in a stadium. her management should have senzed a bit more carefully (if they would care for more than just the profit) that celine has not had a single chart hit for almost a decade here. --> Nowaday it is not more about having hits; Most tourers have not had any hits since years : Elton John, Tina Turner, Cher, Springsteen, etc. They are acts, performances, we don't care if they had a hit lately or not. I think the success today is more to be measured in terms of concert gross scores than in terms of CD sales. Catalogue artists are finished... Now people dont buy so many CD's but the business of concerts is at its best. In a way maybe the concert boxscore charts will replace the traditional CD Sales charts. back in 99, when she sold the Olypmic stadium within a few days, she was at the height of her career, having a number one single and a number one album out in the charts. --> She is still at the height of her career : her residency in Vegas is seen a the "most intelligent decision made by an artist", was a huge success, set records, is THE benchmark. Elton John, Cher, Manilow, Midler and others have followed Céline's steps, but the Collosseum will always have been built for CELINE. Since 2003 she was about every year in the top 5 for concert boxscores. i really don´t want to be too negative (sorry if i sound so) - just my thoughts. --> it is no problem every one has its thoughts, that s what forums are made for :-) to exchange opinions and talk about subjects :-) Quote
MartinMunich Posted June 4, 2008 at 12:07 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 12:07 PM yes you do have a point - absolutely. i think i just expected something really spectacular this time - I told everybody to come and see the Celine-Show because it will be huge. I do go to concerts a lot, I have seen everybody, from Cher to Tina to Kylie and so on, all great shows, but my favourite one was the 99 - Let´s talk about love- concert here in Munich.amazing. and i thought that now, almost ten years after that , she will use all the modern technology to create something unique. i just don´t feel that for this outdoor production. i think it is lame. and where do you see jamie kings involvement in that? for indoors - you can tell. but for the outdoor shows? this looks like there is no concept. bring the band out, start the music, walk on stage, sing, change costumes, go home. no stairway, no walkway into the audience, no elevator, not even the little things that are standard for years now Quote
Bellamy Posted June 4, 2008 at 12:30 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 12:30 PM Once again, this boring end stage is not for all outdoor dates. Japan, Holland used the 4 sides stage too. So it quite possible is the stadium limitation, it's not like they don't want to give the best for everyone. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Dionesque Posted June 4, 2008 at 12:58 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 12:58 PM Bellamy, in Holland it was indeed a stadium but they closed the roof so you had an impression it was a huge indoor hall. I think they can't use this very modern, hi-tech or whatever you call it, stage in the venues which are literally "outdoor" and it can't be changed - like Dublin, Kraków and if I remember well, Arras has also an outdoor concert, right? Same goes for Munich as there is no closeable roof on Olympia Stadion. And Cologne gets the in-round hi-tech stage because you can close the roof of the stadium there, if I remember well. So I think that's the factor. Quote Visit me on Facebook 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne18th June 2008 - Köln Arena20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace ColosseumJ'étais là pour toi, Céline! Why has Javito been silenced ???
freakyali Posted June 4, 2008 at 01:15 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 01:15 PM Well, does anybody have the sitting plan of the stadium? 'cause I'd like to buy the tickets but I still didn't understand which one are the best ... Quote http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/7673/celinedioncg5.jpg My Taking Chances World Tour02 June 2008 - Amsterdam22 June 2008 - Munich03 July 2008 - Milan05 September 2008 - Philadelphia14 February 2009 - Montreal
MartinMunich Posted June 4, 2008 at 01:17 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 01:17 PM Bellamy, in Holland it was indeed a stadium but they closed the roof so you had an impression it was a huge indoor hall. I think they can't use this very modern, hi-tech or whatever you call it, stage in the venues which are literally "outdoor" and it can't be changed - like Dublin, Kraków and if I remember well, Arras has also an outdoor concert, right? Same goes for Munich as there is no closeable roof on Olympia Stadion. And Cologne gets the in-round hi-tech stage because you can close the roof of the stadium there, if I remember well. So I think that's the factor. thats probably it. again, i am not necessarly asking for the 4-side-stage, i understand that it is too sensitive against rain, whatever. so if they decide to do outdoor shows nontheless they should have something a bit more fancy. when i saw the first pictures of the tourstart in South Africa, i thought "What is that??" but had hoped that this is an interim solution. but it was not! this is what we get. it wouldn´t have hurt anyone to have different levels on the stage, a walkway, a stairway, a lift - just to give the show a bit of motion and highlight the songs. just these three little screens and a few lamps....pretty bad i think. Quote
Snowhite Posted June 4, 2008 at 01:21 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 01:21 PM Well, does anybody have the sitting plan of the stadium? 'cause I'd like to buy the tickets but I still didn't understand which one are the best ...Yes.i know you are anxious.I ll find it Quote
MartinMunich Posted June 4, 2008 at 01:22 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 01:22 PM Well, does anybody have the sitting plan of the stadium? 'cause I'd like to buy the tickets but I still didn't understand which one are the best ... well, there is no updated plan out there because they have changed the seating chart completely. i can only give you the unbelievably smart advise to get category-1-tickets. an old seating chart can be found on muenchenticket.de - you can get a feeling about the seats there, just imagine that the whole arena will be turned - so the stage will not be on the short side of the stadium as shown but on the long side. Quote
freakyali Posted June 4, 2008 at 01:23 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 01:23 PM (edited) Well, does anybody have the sitting plan of the stadium? 'cause I'd like to buy the tickets but I still didn't understand which one are the best ...Yes.i know you are anxious.I ll find it thank you!I should know as soon as possible 'cause I'm gonna ask it for my birthday , but I don't have so much time! LOL Thank you MartinMunich!!! Yeah, I think I'll try to get the category-1-tickets!!! Edited June 4, 2008 at 01:30 PM by freakyali Quote http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/7673/celinedioncg5.jpg My Taking Chances World Tour02 June 2008 - Amsterdam22 June 2008 - Munich03 July 2008 - Milan05 September 2008 - Philadelphia14 February 2009 - Montreal
Snowhite Posted June 4, 2008 at 01:35 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 01:35 PM (edited) Well, does anybody have the sitting plan of the stadium? 'cause I'd like to buy the tickets but I still didn't understand which one are the best ...Yes.i know you are anxious.I ll find it thank you!I should know as soon as possible 'cause I'm gonna ask it for my birthday , but I don't have so much time! LOL Thank you MartinMunich!!! Yeah, I think I'll try to get the category-1-tickets!!!You are welcome!But as MartinMunich said the plan has been changed.But i will give you an idea.I advice you to pay for the first category.There are still tickets.Don't miss that chance.I also advice you noti to book alone the tickets but with someone else who knew exactly ho to book them without mistakes.If you want something else.Don't hesitate.Ask .And you can book them hereBy the way this concert is a present for my birthday too! Edited June 4, 2008 at 01:40 PM by Snowhite Quote
MartinMunich Posted June 4, 2008 at 03:31 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 03:31 PM i decided to be absolutely positive about the concert from now on only two and a half weeks to got, it is time to stop complaining about the stage - it is what it is. get the party started - lets have a BALL EVERYBODY! Quote
fa_na_tic Posted June 4, 2008 at 08:33 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 08:33 PM i decided to be absolutely positive about the concert from now on only two and a half weeks to got, it is time to stop complaining about the stage - it is what it is. get the party started - lets have a BALL EVERYBODY! That's the right attitude ! I read all your posts and you are right about the stage, but I really only care about seeing/hearing Celine. The moment's coming closer and closer.....getting excited and I'm set on having a blast. Quote http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7933/celinemunichgifgl6.gif Never forget Munich June 22nd 08 !! Justin Guitar - the best FREE guitar lessons ever
Snowhite Posted June 5, 2008 at 05:38 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 05:38 PM Anyone else to this concert? Quote
shorty Posted June 5, 2008 at 06:21 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 06:21 PM Anyone else to this concert? Hi I'm where and i hope to meet some other fans Quote
DianaLuts Posted June 6, 2008 at 02:49 PM Posted June 6, 2008 at 02:49 PM That reminds me. It is about time I book my air tickets to Munchen... Quote
celinedionfan Posted June 6, 2008 at 03:13 PM Posted June 6, 2008 at 03:13 PM I will be in this concert as well! Actually the news about the stage are a bit disappointing, though the most exciting thing is that we will have the chance to watch Celine singing in front of us all these great songs, especially for us who will get to see her for the very first time!! I could certainly complain for many many things, about the prices, the songlist, the tour plan in general, but what is of an utmost significance for me is that i will be 2nd row from stage and i will have the best time of my life so far!! I love Celine and I'm so looking forward to attending this concert, that now i can put by any inconvenient change... Quote 22.06.2008 "The Greeks with the Pig"LIVED THE BEST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE CELINE DION LIVE IN MUNICH
MartinMunich Posted June 6, 2008 at 03:33 PM Posted June 6, 2008 at 03:33 PM only two weeks to go - getting excited. even me being probably the one here on the forum who is the biggest critiziser of the outdoor stage.i just looked up some pictures from the previous concerts, the australian leg for example where she used this endstage as well and they look fairly good. not great, but ok.i think the show will be fine for those who sit close to the stage. personally i think the dublin pictures are very bad - also the videos. it will be much much better in munich i am sure - it will be dark outside when she plays, so the light effects will be much brighter then on a daylight concert. and the olympic stadium is a breathtaking venue itself. and celine is a league of her own when it comes to stage presence. she played the olympic stadium before, in front of 65,000 people, a sold out show, she was at the very height of her career and there was just magic in the air. even people who were not necessarily fans where wowed. she got amazing reviews even in the most critical papers. and i am just a bit sad that she limits herself so much by using this very very simple stage (in 99 it was the heart-in-the-round). it is what it is - i am sure we all will have a great great evening anyways. Quote
MartinMunich Posted June 6, 2008 at 03:45 PM Posted June 6, 2008 at 03:45 PM just saw that on eventim has taken off all tickets category 2 and lower...only category 1 is still available. maybe because they are rescheduling the seating chart for the tribüne? the seating chart for the arena remains unchanged acc to the local promoter.... Quote
Céline's Blues Posted June 6, 2008 at 04:31 PM Posted June 6, 2008 at 04:31 PM Obviously this is the last time Céline comes to Germany. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Snowhite Posted June 6, 2008 at 05:33 PM Posted June 6, 2008 at 05:33 PM just saw that on eventim has taken off all tickets category 2 and lower...only category 1 is still available.Oh my goodness!!! :dontbesad: Quote
Julian Posted June 6, 2008 at 05:58 PM Author Posted June 6, 2008 at 05:58 PM (edited) Its because of the changes in the arena. All places in category 2 and lower are sold out yet, because there are less places now!The whole concert will have between 35.000 and 40.000 seats now Edited June 6, 2008 at 05:59 PM by Julian Quote
zoea2812 Posted June 6, 2008 at 06:02 PM Posted June 6, 2008 at 06:02 PM You will be amazed at how brilliant Celine is, she gets better and better every time I see her live. Quote http://www.celinerific.com/Signatures/NHASig1.jpg
Miha Posted June 8, 2008 at 09:22 AM Posted June 8, 2008 at 09:22 AM I'll be there too! It will be my first time and according to what I've red I'm already dissapointed. Now we can only hope & pray there will be no rain on that day otherwise the show will be postponed.Anyway see you guys and let's not make this show soud like funeral!!! (It is said that the German public is very reserved hope this time not!) As seen on pictures from Dublin show 90% of crowd from the first 5 rows was 50years+ you know what does that mean. I'll be in 1. category so I'm a bit scared about the atmosphere you know people in the back are usualy standing and having fun but those in front are often better-off, act very cold and still as a statue. Hope I won't be surrounded with such people SEEE YOUUU SOOON!!! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.