Celine, I Love u my Oh my! Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:43 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:43 PM OMG YEAH THATS BRILL, GOD KNOWS WER WE'LL GET THE MONEY BUT 'HEY' IM UP FOR IT, I CAN SING HAHA I WANNA SING WITHER THEN YOU LOOK AT ME, IM ALIVE, GTSW, TO LOVE YOU MORE ONE OF THEM HEHE OMG THIS COULD BE SOOO GREAT HEHE Quote CELINE I LOVE YOU MY OH MY! RIVER DEEP MOUNTAIN HIGH... YEAH YEAH YEAH! http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m228/juicylucy100/Celine-Dion-ps07.jpg // Let the clouds that bring you down.. Just FADE AWAY! //
TheOne Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:47 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:47 PM "I suggest that you, Kevin, who came up with the idea, could write a text explaining the concept in the most persuasive way you can. I could help you with this, no problem at all. I'm actually good with official letters (a couple of years in school assemblies and student association and stuff), so if you want to give me the main topics, I can write the letter. I'll then post it here, and people who have anything to say could PM me and stuff." Hey Good ideas all round. I will put a letter together and write something - i will let u know what i plan to say and maybe you can give me some pointers. Its not going to be "Hi there!!! all of the fans want to sing for Celine - is that ok?" lol - its going ot be thought out and truthful - like a proper business idea. Kev hey Kev! I've just PM'd you my email address. If you need something, just email me rather than PM'ing me... it's likely I read it quicker. Ric Quote
Celine, I Love u my Oh my! Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:51 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:51 PM Ahhh im soooo excited a charity concert is sooooo much better! and more realistic i need to save my money like NOW! lol i think we should all get videos of us singing and post them on the celine idol? to see which songs sound best and stuff! that would be cool i think i really do hope this happens sooooo bad... great idea kev you rock!! Quote CELINE I LOVE YOU MY OH MY! RIVER DEEP MOUNTAIN HIGH... YEAH YEAH YEAH! http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m228/juicylucy100/Celine-Dion-ps07.jpg // Let the clouds that bring you down.. Just FADE AWAY! //
TheOne Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:55 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:55 PM Ahhh im soooo excited a charity concert is sooooo much better! and more realistic i need to save my money like NOW! lol i think we should all get videos of us singing and post them on the celine idol? to see which songs sound best and stuff! that would be cool i think i really do hope this happens sooooo bad... great idea kev you rock!! Let's first hear what her team ahs to say about the idea. If they show any interest, our next move has to be setting up a potential tracklist for the concert, distribute the songs and then start collecting recordings and sending them. I think this sending part could be done via internet with mp3 files, because it saves a lot of time and money also. Besides you don't run the risk of your cd being damaged with the trip Quote
ImAliveUK Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:01 PM Author Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:01 PM Ahhh im soooo excited a charity concert is sooooo much better! and more realistic i need to save my money like NOW! lol i think we should all get videos of us singing and post them on the celine idol? to see which songs sound best and stuff! that would be cool i think i really do hope this happens sooooo bad... great idea kev you rock!! Let's first hear what her team ahs to say about the idea. If they show any interest, our next move has to be setting up a potential tracklist for the concert, distribute the songs and then start collecting recordings and sending them. I think this sending part could be done via internet with mp3 files, because it saves a lot of time and money also. Besides you don't run the risk of your cd being damaged with the trip Very sensible - lets not get our hopes up just yet - its just an idea. We can't all sing - so we need to filter out the best - XFACTOR STYLE!!! lol!! no seriously - and maybe a show of 15 songs long? approx. Even if we get 5 great singers thats 3 songs each - saves time on changing and continuity etc. We will all have a part to play - whether on stage or back stage - Celine knows how much effort goes into a show. Kev Quote
Love, Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:08 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:08 PM (edited) I'm calling dibs on singing "Pour que tu m'aimes encore"! Oh, and I want to do "Taking Chances" with Sophoan on piano! ;-) -tim.=) That's sweet Tim!How about in the middle of the show, we do an acoustic medley of five songs with me on the piano? Trust Sopha to knock a bit of reality into us I'm learning each day as I organize festivals and events as part of my business duties, Jane.So, I hope my inputs are well-reasoned, since they are from personal experience and research. Very sensible - lets not get our hopes up just yet - its just an idea.KevYes, it's still an idea Yet, this thread will turn into hundreds of fans screaming "oooo-I-wanna-do-it!"... Edited January 14, 2008 at 11:30 PM by Love, Quote
venezia7 Posted January 15, 2008 at 12:49 AM Posted January 15, 2008 at 12:49 AM Oh I love this idea LOL...we should go on tour together I'm not going to sing, but I would like to be stage manager and follow in the footsteps of Michel that position is reserved for me! and me Quote http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/goldengryffindor/Celinedionsig-1.jpg
remykyes Posted January 15, 2008 at 12:50 AM Posted January 15, 2008 at 12:50 AM Well, if this does happen, i want to be the one to make everyone on stage look great! I DEFINITLY CALL LIGHTING!!!! Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
venezia7 Posted January 15, 2008 at 12:52 AM Posted January 15, 2008 at 12:52 AM i think the charity idea is fantastic. also im not an expert at all but wouldnt we need to write to them with some kind of budget if we are hoping for them to fund this? Quote http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/goldengryffindor/Celinedionsig-1.jpg
zmilez Posted January 15, 2008 at 02:03 AM Posted January 15, 2008 at 02:03 AM but i see we already have a few singers here already next thing is of coz to have Kev to prepare the 'business' proposal should you need any help on tht, would luv to contribute some.though, am not very goooooooood in writing, but do know every bits here n there.do let me know, ok! woohoO! Quote :: [Whatever you want to do, just do it...Making a damn fool of yourself is absolutely essential] ::
fee7691 Posted January 15, 2008 at 02:21 AM Posted January 15, 2008 at 02:21 AM this is a fantastic idea!! It could really happen if we fight for it! I would love to perform All The Way w/Frank Sinatra!! Quote http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/crazy4nyc/celinebanner2-1-1.jpg
RLAAMJR. Posted January 15, 2008 at 02:33 AM Posted January 15, 2008 at 02:33 AM Hmmm.... Great idea. But you need a great Celine fan lwho sings well..... like me. I'm in the Philippines and I don't have money to be there. Quote
venezia7 Posted January 15, 2008 at 05:19 AM Posted January 15, 2008 at 05:19 AM where would it be held? Quote http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/goldengryffindor/Celinedionsig-1.jpg
autumnskies00 Posted January 15, 2008 at 06:10 AM Posted January 15, 2008 at 06:10 AM I want to sing if thats what it takes ahhhhhhhhh..I hope this actually happens. Anyway a few ideas, since sooo many fans are obviously going to want to sing maybe we should do a little contest (like the celine idol) to see who's got the voices to do solos then at the end everyone can do power of a dream or lets talk about love all together. Also this is going to cost a pretty penny. Besides for our traveling expenses the venue, lighting etc is going to be tres expensive. Maybe we can get some sponsorships and donations from fans obviously. I think the charity would be a great idea to first get Celine to actually come to this event and take it seriously and two get sponsors. I don't know how we could raise money because no one is going to buy tickets for a bunch of crazy fans performing ...but maybe we can get things donated like signed things from celine or concert tickets and do a silent auction. The best way to make it benificial to a charity is to make sure we don't spend more money on the show then we raise. Maybe if we do it for a charity we can get some discounts on a theater rental and whatever else we need. Like with the tour idea, it was hard to finalize plans because there are some many ideas coming in. I think we need to do a voting process or something to finalize plans and actually get them to work. Maybe we can do a live meeting on chat or something to plan this better. I'm in charge of planning a 36,000 concert at school so I know a little something about event planning so if you have any questions let me know! Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
TheOne Posted January 15, 2008 at 12:25 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 12:25 PM Ok people, cool down a bit. Let's not plan way too much in advance. The letter is being written and as soon as it's ready, it will be posted here. Let's not worry about budget and stuff for the moment. They will know we need their support, and more than anyone in the world they know how much these things cost. Besides, what's the point of starting to worry about that now? Let's take each step easily Quote
Cambroneroj Posted January 15, 2008 at 01:43 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 01:43 PM This sounds like the international fan convention that never took place. Quote
remykyes Posted January 15, 2008 at 01:46 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 01:46 PM I'm SO EXCITED!!! Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
Bellamy Posted January 15, 2008 at 01:53 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 01:53 PM This sounds like the international fan convention that never took place. Even much bigger than that I'm afriad. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Cambroneroj Posted January 15, 2008 at 02:00 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 02:00 PM (edited) This sounds like the international fan convention that never took place. Even much bigger than that I'm afriad. Edited January 15, 2008 at 02:01 PM by Cambroneroj Quote
Annalicious Posted January 15, 2008 at 02:55 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 02:55 PM If your goal is to sing to Celine you'd be much better off trying to organize a one song deal at one of the shows (maybe around her bday?). organizing a concert "for Celine" in the name of charity..well they will see right through that. Why would she go to this when her other options are spend some time at home with the kid or go to an A-list show? The problem with this is that your target audience consists of one woman who probably won't even show so no company will sponsor this because there's nothing in it for them. People don't do things to be nice, they do things that create value for them. So think of the economics behind your proposal and don't say it's for the children because if not for Celine most people here wouldn't even think about funding Cystic Fibrosis research so pick a cause you're passionate about and have done something for in the past otherwise it won't appear genuine. Also, what you're talking about is a logistical nightmare...people are excited now but you'll see a completely different story when they realize they have to pay for flights and several weeks worth of hotels and miss school or work. I worked on an SNL type show recently and it took 25 people in the same location 3 months to make it happen and that was with the university paying for everything. Quote
autumnskies00 Posted January 15, 2008 at 02:55 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 02:55 PM I was thinking last night..that maybe if this isn't possible (which is sort of likely..sorry) we can make a tribute CD. We can sing the songs we want, its cheap, and that way no matter where you live you can be involved in it. It would be easier to get to Celine because lets face it shes a very busy lady and who's to say she would show up at a concert. Then if we still want to have a charity thing involved we can sell the CD for more then it took to be made and donate that money. Not many people will buy it, but the people who put work into will. I think this would be a little more reasonable. Her fans are around the world and a concert would be constricting to who could be involved in this. Just saying, maybe as a back up plan. Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
Celine, I Love u my Oh my! Posted January 15, 2008 at 04:41 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 04:41 PM yeah i agree a cd is more reasonable and realistic? but what iv some people cant sing??dvd maybe?? ahh i dunno lol Quote CELINE I LOVE YOU MY OH MY! RIVER DEEP MOUNTAIN HIGH... YEAH YEAH YEAH! http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m228/juicylucy100/Celine-Dion-ps07.jpg // Let the clouds that bring you down.. Just FADE AWAY! //
remykyes Posted January 15, 2008 at 04:48 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 04:48 PM Well, it all depends on how Celine's team reacts to our idea. That's the first step in finding out where to go from here. Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
incognito Posted January 15, 2008 at 07:35 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 07:35 PM This sounds like the international fan convention that never took place. Even much bigger than that I'm afriad. Perhaps everyone can sing at a podium and there be elaborate flower arrangements everywhere. The flowers are an important detail that would just make the event. Quote
TheOne Posted January 15, 2008 at 09:27 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 09:27 PM (edited) If your goal is to sing to Celine you'd be much better off trying to organize a one song deal at one of the shows (maybe around her bday?). organizing a concert "for Celine" in the name of charity..well they will see right through that. Why would she go to this when her other options are spend some time at home with the kid or go to an A-list show? The problem with this is that your target audience consists of one woman who probably won't even show so no company will sponsor this because there's nothing in it for them. People don't do things to be nice, they do things that create value for them. So think of the economics behind your proposal and don't say it's for the children because if not for Celine most people here wouldn't even think about funding Cystic Fibrosis research so pick a cause you're passionate about and have done something for in the past otherwise it won't appear genuine. Also, what you're talking about is a logistical nightmare...people are excited now but you'll see a completely different story when they realize they have to pay for flights and several weeks worth of hotels and miss school or work. I worked on an SNL type show recently and it took 25 people in the same location 3 months to make it happen and that was with the university paying for everything. I dunno, I guess that if you can prove that you can put together a high quality show even with amateurs, she may very well leave her couch and her Wii and come and see the show. Lets not be pessimistic or optimistic. Lets just face the fact that we have a Hell of a cool idea and we're about to present it to people who can actually hep us making it come true. So let's just wait for their response. Well, it all depends on how Celine's team reacts to our idea. That's the first step in finding out where to go from here. My point exactly. I dunno, all in all I really like this idea. I owe a great deal of the success I'm having these days to Céline. Even if we're in completely different fields of music (her in pop, me in Classic), the fact is I always looked up to her as a proof of how your dreams can come true if you actually fight for them. I've been through Hell to be where I am today and, as far as I'm concerned, singing to her would be the perfect way to say to her "Thank you. Part of what you're hearing is because of you", even if participating in a Pop concert wouldn't be exactly good for my reputation, but I don't care. Edited January 15, 2008 at 09:32 PM by TheOne Quote
Bumble Posted January 15, 2008 at 10:17 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 10:17 PM My answer will be terse: Take a freaking reality check. The idea just sucks bigger than my hoover. Celine is the artist, and her biggest reward is definitely having people who've come and applaused to her concerts and supported her for a.all those years It's definitely not a fan book, a herd of fans at her hotel, a fan tribute CD or anything. Those things are just plain boring, doomed to failure, and just beg for celine's pity. Quote W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H
kathyc25 Posted January 15, 2008 at 10:29 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 10:29 PM Geez, can you be any more rude? If you don`t like the idea fine. Instead of saying how bad the idea sucks, how about offering another idea? Yes the entertainment business is tough, but there`s no need to cop an attitude here. This isn`t Sony Music`s A&R department, this is a group of fans who want to do something NICE for an artist they love. If anything is boring its your sorry attitude. Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
Bumble Posted January 15, 2008 at 10:36 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 10:36 PM (edited) I know how it's harsh when reality hits you right in the face, but everyone's gotta deal with it. I was glad to be the one to spare you from this never ending dream you were trapped into. Welcome on Earth my dear. Edited January 15, 2008 at 10:39 PM by Clonazepam Quote W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H
TheOne Posted January 15, 2008 at 10:46 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 10:46 PM Like someone previously said, if you're not happy with what you're reading, Clonazepam, well then, don't read it. You can stay quietly in the shadow laughing at our fool ideas. Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted January 15, 2008 at 11:04 PM Posted January 15, 2008 at 11:04 PM (edited) sorry nevermind Edited January 15, 2008 at 11:05 PM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.