tal-sh2 Posted January 14, 2008 at 05:35 AM Posted January 14, 2008 at 05:35 AM (edited) Oh, it would be like a dream come true... Edited January 14, 2008 at 05:36 AM by tal-sh2 Quote "These walls keep a secret, That only we know..."http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/bambaplanet/G49272_b.jpgSorry for my English.
ashleylovesceline Posted January 14, 2008 at 06:16 AM Posted January 14, 2008 at 06:16 AM Let me know your thoughts.I would like to put on a Show - especially for Celine etc by the fans -I actually had a dream like this once! All of her biggest fans performed for her/with her. At the end we performed Let's Talk About Love/Je ne vous oublie pas together! That would be so much fun! If this ever becomes a reality, I am totally in! I'm good with video... Quote
Shesings2me Posted January 14, 2008 at 09:33 AM Posted January 14, 2008 at 09:33 AM Singing would be fun even though I'm not the best singer (since If I Could & PQTME are taken, then maybe Miracle or S'il Suffisait D'aimer), but I'd be willing to do any job on this project. I can picture Celine after her world tour enjoying the sun in Florida; maybe she's pregnant, maybe not, but hopefully she's a little bored and wanting some entertainment. That's where we come in; who among us wouldn't want to go to sunny Florida, have the biggest Celine Dion Fan convention ever organized, and then produce and perform in a "Tribute Concert to Celine from THE fans"! Goodness that would be an absolute blast. Oh ya...and it all ends after Celine treats us to a classy after-party at her beautiful home. Wow, I don't want this daydream to end now. What do you think??? Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
ImAliveUK Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:02 AM Author Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:02 AM So many good ideas! But lets not get carried away! :-) I hope Celine's team would get involved - kinda like a show workshop and then we end up putting on a show with the stuff we have learned. Kev Quote
TheOne Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:20 AM Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:20 AM Regarding the potential show, besides singing, I can very well help anyone interested with vocal training. Though no one believed me when I said it on another thread, I'm graduating in Vocal Performance (Opera) and I also work part-time as a Voice Teacher in a private school, so, feel free to ask for help and/or advice. Quote
venezia7 Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:27 AM Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:27 AM this is such a fantastic idea! i think we really could do this we just need to work for it. i really think celine would be touched by this. not that i can sing lol unless i have a hidden talent i dont no about lol mabye i could be a dancer ! lol has anyone contacted any members of her team yet? count me in by the way! Quote http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/goldengryffindor/Celinedionsig-1.jpg
ashleylovesceline Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:33 AM Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:33 AM I just had an genius idea… or maybe it's just because I've had the song stuck in my head for weeks, we should sing “Simply the Best” for her - because she is, after all, simply the best! By the way - Kev, you were adorable on the DVD! Quote
Love, Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:35 AM Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:35 AM (edited) This is a dream worth dreaming.I would love to perform for Celine, as a solo pianist and in performances with stellar, talented aficionados. I am sure you already know this, but I want to reiterate that creating a program like this will require organization, a well-planned budget, and performers of quality. Here are some of my wishes: • Someone needs to open the show with "Surprise, Surprise." • The show could be tentatively called "For Celine, Fans' Tribute Gala" • I recommend to have this concert at the Place des Arts Wilfrid Pelletier concert hall in Montreal. It seats a little under 3000 people. Celine has performed on this stage before, along with other legends.http://www.pdarts.com/place-des-arts/nos-s...er.spec.en.html • A crystal piano (like the one that graced the Kodak Theatre during her performance of "Nature Boy" in 2002). • I would like to come down on a suspended moon. JK! • I would probably want to do an acoustic piano medley of "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" "S'il suffisait d'aimer" and "Ce n'était qu'un rêve." • At the end, all the performers will be joined by Celine in a performance of "The Power of the Dream." For sure it is not impossible, yet it requires money.Renting a concert hall of this caliber might be as low as $7,500 to as high as $30,000 per event. Then, there are the fees of a production company to create and manage the stage . There are equipment managers, there is a lighting crew, there is a sound crew - and so many other people to make a program successful. Don't forget that since this is a very poignant and special event, it has to be filmed in commercial-quality HD, which may be a 5 to 10 camera set-up, which is very hefty in price because of the six-figure's worth of equipments used and the film crew. Then, there is liability insurance (which might not be too much), and other fees and expenses. *dream Edited January 14, 2008 at 11:45 AM by Love, Quote
zmilez Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:40 AM Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:40 AM okay, tht's something true wht Soph said and where's the Hall u mentioned? it looks beautiful p/s: did u say suspended 'MOON'??? Quote :: [Whatever you want to do, just do it...Making a damn fool of yourself is absolutely essential] ::
ashleylovesceline Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:42 AM Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:42 AM LOL @ Sophoan! Suspended moon, crystal piano? You've put some serious thought into this! I have horrible stage fright. The only time I have ever sang in public was only a couple months ago at the Oprah taping, in front of René, let me tell you - NOT easy. But for Céline, I would do anything, including face one of my biggest fears. Quote
TheOne Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:44 AM Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:44 AM (edited) I guess we do need to think about the budget before venturing into suspended and flying stuff...LOLOLAnd by the way, a big hall seems a bit over the top? Why not a smaller and more intimate venue? I'm sure Celine has good memories from the Olympia Theatre in Paris EDIT: and by the way, if we are to get this to work as planned, we most definitely need some support from her team. Should they enjoy the idea, I guess that everyone interested in performing will have to make decent recordings of him/herself. They'l surely want to know what exactly they are supporting, so, we shouldn't foget about that. But of course, first of all we have to awaken their interest. I suggest that you, Kevin, who came up with the idea, could write a text explaining the concept in the most persuasive way you can. I could help you with this, no problem at all. I'm actually good with official letters (a couple of years in school assemblies and student association and stuff), so if you want to give me the main topics, I can write the letter. I'll then post it here, and people who have anything to say could PM me and stuff. What do you think about the idea? I also believe that involving celinedion.com in the project could be good. At least it's a contact we kind of have granted, since they have posted here already. Also, why not contacting that girl who wrote "For Keeps"? I'm sure she has good contacts inside Céline's team. All in all, we cannot forget that we're likely to hear a "no" when we actually propose this, but it's up to us to change their minds Edited January 14, 2008 at 11:55 AM by TheOne Quote
venezia7 Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:56 AM Posted January 14, 2008 at 11:56 AM well if we do work out a budget were is the money going to come from? i dont no if most people would be able to afford these prices on top of traveling to another country. i think a small venue would be best, not tiny bu you no nothing huge. however i does need to be very proffesional and must include a decent amount of people. i think we could have dancers for the people who cant sing lol ( ie me) and mabye some flying people...surely that can cost tooooo much ! Quote http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/goldengryffindor/Celinedionsig-1.jpg
Cheerfuljane Posted January 14, 2008 at 12:19 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 12:19 PM Trust Sopha to knock a bit of reality into us Go for it Kev !!Make it happen!! Quote
venezia7 Posted January 14, 2008 at 12:28 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 12:28 PM I completely agree with "theone" we are sure to get a no or something along those lines but we need to pursuade them to help us make this happen. i think one of the very first things to do would be working out a budget of some sort and also which country to hold it in? Quote http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/goldengryffindor/Celinedionsig-1.jpg
TheOne Posted January 14, 2008 at 12:44 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 12:44 PM I mean, regarding the budget, I'm sure we all agree that we would actually need Celine's team to invest a bit on this... Like, I don't think that the people involved can actually pay for a significant part of the costs, like renting a venue, sound and lighting stuff... When many, I think we can all agree that those who want to participate should only be charged with their personal costs (trips and accomodation). There's actually no way we can fund the whole thing by ourselves... We can just as to the Administrators of this Board how expensive it is to pay for a webserver. Now imagine putting up a concert like this. I think we have to plan things in a Country where Céline has an INCONDITIONAL fan base, therefor, a place where people would actually pay to see a tribute concert where they know she's going to be present and may very well sing a few tunes with the participants (you'll never know). Therefor, there would be a profit with ticket fees... I'm not saying a huge amount of money, but something like 20$/20€/15£... something like that. Providing we don't want an extravaganza like A New Day, but a simple yet with decent lights and sound concert, I think those prices would be more than appropriate. Now you can see my concern with recordings of the participants. If her team actually gets interested and if we can prove to them that we can actually pull together a musically decent show, they might actually help us with some of the funding.I know I'm being over-optimistic, but we NECESSARILY have to rely on them to help us, other wise all we're gonna get is the stage on a piano bar, somewhere in the middle of the Nevada desert with an out of tune piano... lol Quote
venezia7 Posted January 14, 2008 at 12:50 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 12:50 PM yes i agree completely about the funding, also if its in a country with large numbers of fans we could mabye share hotels or something i don no but i think it would be easier. also i dont no how many people would turn up, that would mean local advertising. Quote http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/goldengryffindor/Celinedionsig-1.jpg
remykyes Posted January 14, 2008 at 04:00 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 04:00 PM (edited) I definitely want to be involved in this one! Guess I better start saving my pennies!!! I can help with lighting! I may be a history-education major, but I was head lighting director in almost all of my high school musical productions. I think Celine's team would be crazy not to go along with this idea! How often is it that the FAN'S put together a tribute show to their favorite singer??? My point exactly!!! I can also help come up with the setlist!!! Edited January 14, 2008 at 04:03 PM by remykyes Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
TheOne Posted January 14, 2008 at 04:26 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 04:26 PM I'm not counting on their unconditional enthusiasm, to speak the truth, but well... We'll see... Quote
Filine Posted January 14, 2008 at 05:54 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 05:54 PM Oh I love this idea LOL...we should go on tour together I'm not going to sing, but I would like to be stage manager and follow in the footsteps of Michel Quote http://www.celinedion.nl/pics/cindy/bannerza.jpg"They call my home the land of snow, Canadian cold front movin' in"
zoe marie Posted January 14, 2008 at 06:30 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 06:30 PM Would be a wonderful way of proving our love to our "queen of hearts", but I feel that we should make it a concert to benefit Céline's charities.I could happily sing along with other fans!!! Quote https://www.facebook...59703384&type=3 - My Céline Collection Life isn't defined by your fears, but by how you deal with them.
TheOne Posted January 14, 2008 at 06:54 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 06:54 PM Would be a wonderful way of proving our love to our "queen of hearts", but I feel that we should make it a concert to benefit Céline's charities.I could happily sing along with other fans!!! Oh that's a wonderfull idea!!! I totally loved it. We could organize it as a fund raising event! That's even a better kickstart than just "we're organizing this because we feel like it". Organizing a tribute concert to Celine on which the profits would go to one of her charity works would be absolutely divine!!! I'm really loving how ideas are coming together Quote
kathyc25 Posted January 14, 2008 at 07:15 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 07:15 PM This is such a great idea!! I would love to sing a song or two as well...maybe do a duet with one of you fine gents . We should all do some research and see how to put together a benefit show. I really think Celine`s people would be interested if they saw some of our talents. Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
remykyes Posted January 14, 2008 at 07:54 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 07:54 PM I totally agree that the money raised should be donated to Celine's charities in her honor! Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
olivia23 Posted January 14, 2008 at 08:13 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 08:13 PM I think this would be a great idea. Maybe we could create " A TRIBUTE TO CELINE" - as a present from her fans. I am sure she would like it! Quote http://www.celinetime2.mono.net/upl/9417/Clineflowersig.jpg I drove all night to get to you! Is that all right, Céline? - Je t'embrasse!
TheOne Posted January 14, 2008 at 08:27 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 08:27 PM I wonder where Kevin is... His idea his really settling down over here! Quote
Koolan Posted January 14, 2008 at 08:28 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 08:28 PM Oh I love this idea LOL...we should go on tour together I'm not going to sing, but I would like to be stage manager and follow in the footsteps of Michel that position is reserved for me! Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Jeanine Posted January 14, 2008 at 08:42 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 08:42 PM well, it does sound funny!I'd love to sing a song or two (stand back *itches I Surrender IS MINE muah hahahaha and I SHALL NOT LIP ANY SECOND OF IT)!I bag I'm alive and RDMH - i look great in a gold mini skirt. and maybe A New Day if im lucky! Oh no, keep away of RDMH This old granny is gonna rock in a gold mini skirt :sofunny: Yes, over-all I really like this project, I think I'm gonna stick like glue to this topic Quote http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/music/entity/platinum/celine_dion_banner_cropped.jpg Order NOW
ImAliveUK Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:28 PM Author Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:28 PM "I suggest that you, Kevin, who came up with the idea, could write a text explaining the concept in the most persuasive way you can. I could help you with this, no problem at all. I'm actually good with official letters (a couple of years in school assemblies and student association and stuff), so if you want to give me the main topics, I can write the letter. I'll then post it here, and people who have anything to say could PM me and stuff." Hey Good ideas all round. I will put a letter together and write something - i will let u know what i plan to say and maybe you can give me some pointers. Its not going to be "Hi there!!! all of the fans want to sing for Celine - is that ok?" lol - its going ot be thought out and truthful - like a proper business idea. Kev Quote
ImAliveUK Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:34 PM Author Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:34 PM Hey guys - sorry for the delay in replying - ive had a busy day!!! Its amazing the ideas people have got - and they are all great. Im going to get a letter done at somepoint - and some kind member has given me a contact I could send it to. If we do this properly, I at least want it to look like an amazing concept - with the idea of all monies raised going to a charity of Celine's choice - prob cystic fybrosis? who knows. As someone rightly said - It could come back NO - then there is the question of do we fight for it - or just say - hey, we tried and if something like this ever comes up we would like to get involved. I always dreamt of meeting my idol - never thought it would happen. Now i need a bigger dream :-) Kev Quote
aicee Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:38 PM Posted January 14, 2008 at 10:38 PM That's great I'll give my full energy for her. And my voice Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.