Ronny83 Posted September 16, 2007 at 08:55 PM Posted September 16, 2007 at 08:55 PM I will be something like TVA did for "On S'est Aimé A Cause": Céline Dion Pub Canada "On s'est aimé à cause"Caricato da simplyceline Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
Céline's Blues Posted September 16, 2007 at 08:56 PM Posted September 16, 2007 at 08:56 PM Damien Rice's hautingly beautiful "9 crimes" has been featured on this schlock mock jock Grey's Anatomy Boys Naked Vol 23. So Céline being featured on a horror series is as much "normal" as it can get in terms of PROMOTION. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
celinerific Posted September 16, 2007 at 08:57 PM Posted September 16, 2007 at 08:57 PM Ooooo. We get CBS here too! When's it on? Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
Say What? Posted September 16, 2007 at 09:04 PM Posted September 16, 2007 at 09:04 PM Weird doesn't mean uncommon. It means it's odd, strange. Mika's song, just like Celine's, isn't known to the general public. In the past, television networks used well-known songs to promote a TV show/series or a line up or the beginning or ending of a season. People would identify with the song immediately because it had been heard before. Since American Idol (the show made "Home" and "Bad Day" major hits), I guess the networks are now copying their tactics and are trying to use unknown songs to promote both, the TV show and the song. I guess it's a win win situation. But it still odd Quote
celinerific Posted September 16, 2007 at 09:06 PM Posted September 16, 2007 at 09:06 PM (edited) Watch trailer for "Moonlight".It looks good. The end made me tear up. Edited September 16, 2007 at 09:10 PM by celinerific Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
celinemaniac07 Posted September 18, 2007 at 04:25 AM Posted September 18, 2007 at 04:25 AM Hey Everyone! I was just watching cbs, falling alseep actually, then all of a sudden I hear TAKING CHANCES by Celine on tv....so I immediately wake up and see the new promo for the new CBS show MOONLIGHT. Apparently they are using her new song in the new tv promo for MOONLIGHT on CBS!!!! I was ecstatic!!! This is good! Quote
Lawna Posted September 18, 2007 at 04:28 AM Posted September 18, 2007 at 04:28 AM Thanks for the info...and letting us know its now being played on tv! I believe someone else had brought this up too http://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ght-t26211.html Quote They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dionhttp://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz226/Congenialdiva/myspacelink.jpgFollow Me on Twitter!Visit Me on Facebook!
mebe Posted September 18, 2007 at 04:35 AM Posted September 18, 2007 at 04:35 AM So anybody got the video of the promotion?? Quote
bronzey Posted September 18, 2007 at 06:42 AM Posted September 18, 2007 at 06:42 AM Taking Chances featured for a Horror TV Show? wtf ?!? I think it doesn't fit in. Maybe they could try Smallville perhaps? Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/bronzey/bronzey_sig2.jpg
Nando Férri Posted September 18, 2007 at 10:58 AM Posted September 18, 2007 at 10:58 AM Taking Chances featured for a Horror TV Show? wtf ?!? I think it doesn't fit in. Maybe they could try Smallville perhaps?Well, there's a romance on that tv show. Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
Filine Posted September 18, 2007 at 11:09 AM Posted September 18, 2007 at 11:09 AM Taking Chances featured for a Horror TV Show? wtf ?!? I think it doesn't fit in. Maybe they could try Smallville perhaps?Well, there's a romance on that tv show. I like the idea of this series, the horror part is present but it has some superhero potential as well...I would like to see this. It's nice they already consider Céline for soundtrack material If this show is going to be a hit, the song might get a lot of sttention if it's also included in the episodes... I think it's a good idea Quote http://www.celinedion.nl/pics/cindy/bannerza.jpg"They call my home the land of snow, Canadian cold front movin' in"
jjlovescéline Posted September 18, 2007 at 09:03 PM Posted September 18, 2007 at 09:03 PM Are we sure that they are using Celine's version of "Taking Chances" and not the PW version? It would be really bad if they used the PW version instead of Celine's since people are hopefully going to know this as her song soon. I didn't know what you meant by "PW" version until I just saw it on youtube.com. I didn't realize Taking Chances was a cover song and I see that Platinum Weird (never heard of them) has sung it, but I don't know about any other artists. I heard Céline's version of TC last night promoting "Moonlight' during the "Two and a Half Men" television show. It was so awesome to hear it on TV! Quote
A New Day Has Come Posted September 18, 2007 at 09:54 PM Posted September 18, 2007 at 09:54 PM Yeah I don't get that use Celines song in a horror tv series but o well it get hopefully allot of peoples attenching and sales of Celines new single and c.d.s sales might go up who nows right it might be good publicity but who nows right. Quote
nlgarrett78 Posted September 19, 2007 at 12:57 AM Posted September 19, 2007 at 12:57 AM Celine's song in a horror series!!! I just think it's hilarious Hope the series is very successful and lots of people hear her song and then go out and buy it.I saw it lastnight during two and a half men Quote Visit My Website
GPK5050 Posted September 24, 2007 at 05:48 PM Posted September 24, 2007 at 05:48 PM CBS is using Celine's new song "Taking Chances" in promoting it's new series "Moonlight". I have yet to catch it, so I'll be putting my TiVo into overdrive! Greg Quote
cmcdaori Posted September 24, 2007 at 05:50 PM Posted September 24, 2007 at 05:50 PM CBS is using Celine's new song "Taking Chances" in promoting it's new series "Moonlight". I have yet to catch it, so I'll be putting my TiVo into overdrive! Greg Good for you do it!!! Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
cmcdaori Posted September 24, 2007 at 05:57 PM Posted September 24, 2007 at 05:57 PM Celine's song in a horror series!!! I just think it's hilarious Hope the series is very successful and lots of people hear her song and then go out and buy it. What is so funny to you?.....ehhehehhehe.....maybe you're right....hehehhehe.... ....you're damn funny....... Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Nando Férri Posted September 24, 2007 at 08:01 PM Posted September 24, 2007 at 08:01 PM N nobody has that to show us? Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
Céline's Blues Posted September 24, 2007 at 08:06 PM Posted September 24, 2007 at 08:06 PM N nobody has that to show us?No, cuzz you would complain again. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
fred Posted September 24, 2007 at 09:05 PM Posted September 24, 2007 at 09:05 PM Watch trailer for "Moonlight".It looks good. The end made me tear up. How much of that kind of series can the world take? And one would think that the standards were set a bit higher since Heroes... /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Céline's Blues Posted September 25, 2007 at 10:29 AM Posted September 25, 2007 at 10:29 AM http://seriouslyomg.com/?p=6008 It's very good promo and fitting scenes. Hope this track will be a hit. Guys, please request it! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
VinnyT. Posted September 25, 2007 at 10:36 AM Author Posted September 25, 2007 at 10:36 AM http://seriouslyomg.com/?p=6008 It's very good promo and fitting scenes. Hope this track will be a hit. Guys, please request it!WEIRD! Very WEIRD! And very QUEER! Sorry, but the song fits the promo like Marilyn Manson fits Rosa Russo. :laugh: Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Céline's Blues Posted September 25, 2007 at 10:41 AM Posted September 25, 2007 at 10:41 AM http://seriouslyomg.com/?p=6008 It's very good promo and fitting scenes. Hope this track will be a hit. Guys, please request it!WEIRD! Very WEIRD! And very QUEER! Sorry, but the song fits the promo like Marilyn Manson fits Rosa Russo. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG http://www.donnamoderna.com/donnam/statici/images/cover.jpg Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
fred Posted September 25, 2007 at 12:29 PM Posted September 25, 2007 at 12:29 PM Yea, extremely weird! They should at least do a vain try and reduce the ballad part. It looks like one of those amateur fan made videos on youtube. Oh well, at least the song is out there. And is brainwashing people during commercial breakes, that's what counts - good or bad. /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Shaun Posted September 25, 2007 at 01:09 PM Posted September 25, 2007 at 01:09 PM So glad CBS are using Celine's new single to promote one of their shows. Now how about Sony getting the song played, you know, on the radio..... Just a thought. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
fred Posted September 25, 2007 at 01:18 PM Posted September 25, 2007 at 01:18 PM So glad CBS are using Celine's new single to promote one of their shows. Now how about Sony getting the song played, you know, on the radio..... Just a thought. Coulda, woulda, shoulda! /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Krys Posted September 25, 2007 at 04:28 PM Posted September 25, 2007 at 04:28 PM lol the song is soo chopped up Quote
zanif Posted September 25, 2007 at 04:31 PM Posted September 25, 2007 at 04:31 PM Celine Dion To Do Some 'Moonlight'-ing What kind of audience is CBS trying to bring in? Despite some reports that had the big eye trying to attract younger viewers, the network apparently is happy sticking with its older clientele, even with some of its new "hipper" series like "Moonlight." Promotional spots for "Moonlight" have been featured with the new Celine Dion song "Taking Chances," which is set to be released Nov. 13. And that song isn't being used just because some executive liked it. It's an effort to promote her new album -- the first English one since 2003 for Dion -- best known for singing her heart out in 1996's "Titanic." The Dion tie-ins won't end with the commercials. When the show premieres on Friday, CBS plans on airing a one-minute sneak preview into the coming season, and once again fans will hear Dion's new song. "Moonlight" stars Alex O'Loughlin as Mick St. John, and premieres Sept. 28 at 9 p.m. ET on CBS. http://www.syfyportal.com/news424195.html Quote
GPK5050 Posted September 26, 2007 at 04:22 PM Posted September 26, 2007 at 04:22 PM I recorded all 3 hours of CBS primetime shows last night, and even though they had a few Moonlight promos, with one being really long, not one of them featured Celine singing "Taking Chances". I recording all 3 hours again tonight, so hopefully I catch something! Greg Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.