KimboCosmo Posted April 22, 2007 at 02:59 AM Author Posted April 22, 2007 at 02:59 AM This is starting to be fun!! So many languages!! wow!! Can anyone teach me Italian or German?? One of my best friends is German, and she amazes me when she speaks it, but I don't know how to speak it...lol the only word I know in German is the "F" word lol followed with you at the end. We just laughed and laughed when she was telling me that. Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
KimboCosmo Posted April 22, 2007 at 03:04 AM Author Posted April 22, 2007 at 03:04 AM Hey for some reason, my computer will not take me where I'm suppose to when I click on those Pimsleur links. I don't know whats up, but it won't work for me! works fine for me. what's your problem? When I go and click on a link, it sends me to Rapid Share...which I know that is what the link is, but it says that you only get 45 days and then the file will be deleted,...I'm assuming that is if you don't buy it? Hmmm I'm confused... Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
Krys Posted April 22, 2007 at 03:43 AM Posted April 22, 2007 at 03:43 AM Hey for some reason, my computer will not take me where I'm suppose to when I click on those Pimsleur links. I don't know whats up, but it won't work for me! works fine for me. what's your problem? When I go and click on a link, it sends me to Rapid Share...which I know that is what the link is, but it says that you only get 45 days and then the file will be deleted,...I'm assuming that is if you don't buy it? Hmmm I'm confused... you just need to click on Free. and then type in the letters that appear in an image and voila! you can download the stuff the only annoying thing is you have to wait like 2 hours or so before downloading another file Quote
Kian Posted April 22, 2007 at 10:02 AM Posted April 22, 2007 at 10:02 AM Hey for some reason, my computer will not take me where I'm suppose to when I click on those Pimsleur links. I don't know whats up, but it won't work for me! works fine for me. what's your problem? When I go and click on a link, it sends me to Rapid Share...which I know that is what the link is, but it says that you only get 45 days and then the file will be deleted,...I'm assuming that is if you don't buy it? Hmmm I'm confused... you just need to click on Free. and then type in the letters that appear in an image and voila! you can download the stuff the only annoying thing is you have to wait like 2 hours or so before downloading another file No you don't, you just need to disconnect and then connect again and voila, no waiting . Quote
Krys Posted April 22, 2007 at 10:31 AM Posted April 22, 2007 at 10:31 AM Hey for some reason, my computer will not take me where I'm suppose to when I click on those Pimsleur links. I don't know whats up, but it won't work for me! works fine for me. what's your problem? When I go and click on a link, it sends me to Rapid Share...which I know that is what the link is, but it says that you only get 45 days and then the file will be deleted,...I'm assuming that is if you don't buy it? Hmmm I'm confused... you just need to click on Free. and then type in the letters that appear in an image and voila! you can download the stuff the only annoying thing is you have to wait like 2 hours or so before downloading another file No you don't, you just need to disconnect and then connect again and voila, no waiting . eh really? i've never tried that before thanks for the tip Quote
Krys Posted April 22, 2007 at 01:00 PM Posted April 22, 2007 at 01:00 PM (edited) for some reason, the connecting and disconnecting thingie doesnt seem to work for me. ah well Edited April 22, 2007 at 01:00 PM by lamourpourCeline Quote
Bellamy Posted April 22, 2007 at 02:16 PM Posted April 22, 2007 at 02:16 PM Reconnect only work if your IP always changes. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Krys Posted April 22, 2007 at 03:15 PM Posted April 22, 2007 at 03:15 PM ah kay. no wonder why mine didnt work Quote
Elaine Posted April 22, 2007 at 03:22 PM Posted April 22, 2007 at 03:22 PM This is starting to be fun!! So many languages!! wow!! Can anyone teach me Italian or German?? One of my best friends is German, and she amazes me when she speaks it, but I don't know how to speak it...lol the only word I know in German is the "F" word lol followed with you at the end. We just laughed and laughed when she was telling me that. I don't really like to speak those kind of words, but it's interesting to know.. Would you teach me that one too?? Quote http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1352/opo3.jpg
KimboCosmo Posted April 23, 2007 at 02:19 AM Author Posted April 23, 2007 at 02:19 AM This is starting to be fun!! So many languages!! wow!! Can anyone teach me Italian or German?? One of my best friends is German, and she amazes me when she speaks it, but I don't know how to speak it...lol the only word I know in German is the "F" word lol followed with you at the end. We just laughed and laughed when she was telling me that. I don't really like to speak those kind of words, but it's interesting to know.. Would you teach me that one too?? Well, I don't like speaking those words too, but somehow it got brought up, so it was funny to learn. It is pronounced like Fick De....you say it all together though like fickde. LOL I don't know the proper way to spell it, but that is how it's pronounced. LOL Hope you enjoy using it...haha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
DianaLuts Posted April 23, 2007 at 03:12 AM Posted April 23, 2007 at 03:12 AM i am dying to learn french too. Quote
KimboCosmo Posted April 23, 2007 at 07:56 AM Author Posted April 23, 2007 at 07:56 AM i am dying to learn french too.Join the crowd Diana! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
Krys Posted April 23, 2007 at 01:10 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 01:10 PM im lovin the Pimsleur course Quote
nico robin Posted April 23, 2007 at 04:16 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 04:16 PM If you want I'll send you links .me too Quote http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WTOLnq_3hiM/T-YMZXaW9JI/AAAAAAAACR4/bCmTbbqNEhY/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.20_%5B2012.06.22_00.44.23%5D.jpgI dOn'T sUfFer FrOm InSaNiTy...I eNjOy EvErY MiNuTe Of iT... Visit www.celinerific.com Erika's Desings...Rivieravibe
kathyc25 Posted April 23, 2007 at 05:47 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 05:47 PM I was going to download the program here at work, but its a pretty big file, so I`ll have to wait until I get a new comp, my computer at home is on its way out. In the meantime I`ve been using French Asssistant and its pretty good..I love saying 'pirate' ---> "peeraht" Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
KimboCosmo Posted April 23, 2007 at 08:58 PM Author Posted April 23, 2007 at 08:58 PM im lovin the Pimsleur course Hey I managed to download it...well at least the first part of it. However, when I go find it and click on it, it asks me to find where I got it, to start to run it..I don't know...I'm having such a difficult time getting this started!! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
Krys Posted April 24, 2007 at 12:41 PM Posted April 24, 2007 at 12:41 PM im lovin the Pimsleur course Hey I managed to download it...well at least the first part of it. However, when I go find it and click on it, it asks me to find where I got it, to start to run it..I don't know...I'm having such a difficult time getting this started!! oh, you need all three parts to open the first course. the files are incomplete if you open them without having the rest of the parts Quote
LaFeeRailleuse Posted April 24, 2007 at 03:00 PM Posted April 24, 2007 at 03:00 PM i am dying to learn french too. Great! One more!!! LOL I'm trying to find videos with English subtitles for you guys, but it's not so easy! Maybe I'll have to do one myself! lolHere is one I found! A commercial which promotes French courses: Quote
kathyc25 Posted April 24, 2007 at 05:09 PM Posted April 24, 2007 at 05:09 PM ahaha! I like that video Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
nico robin Posted April 24, 2007 at 05:23 PM Posted April 24, 2007 at 05:23 PM nice vid Quote http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WTOLnq_3hiM/T-YMZXaW9JI/AAAAAAAACR4/bCmTbbqNEhY/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.20_%5B2012.06.22_00.44.23%5D.jpgI dOn'T sUfFer FrOm InSaNiTy...I eNjOy EvErY MiNuTe Of iT... Visit www.celinerific.com Erika's Desings...Rivieravibe
KimboCosmo Posted April 24, 2007 at 06:34 PM Author Posted April 24, 2007 at 06:34 PM I'll try to download all the parts first, but i deleted the first part last night lol Here we goooooo Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
denise Posted April 25, 2007 at 01:57 AM Posted April 25, 2007 at 01:57 AM I was going to download the program here at work, but its a pretty big file, so I`ll have to wait until I get a new comp, my computer at home is on its way out. In the meantime I`ve been using French Asssistant and its pretty good..I love saying 'pirate' ---> "peeraht" Haha ! I was saying that last night at work. My co-workers thought I was going crazy! Quote http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/nycbrat/celine/FadeAway_Sig.jpg <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH=240 HEIGHT=90><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="style_images/donationlavendar.swf"><PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=opaque><PARAM NAME=scale VALUE=noscale><EMBED src="style_images/donationlavendar.swf" menu=false quality=high wmode=opaque scale=noscale WIDTH=240 HEIGHT=90 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED></OBJECT>
Melody Posted April 25, 2007 at 03:12 AM Posted April 25, 2007 at 03:12 AM Yellow Fellow Linguistic Students I study languages as a hobby. Crazy, but true. I learnt French through the Pimsleur CD course. I have 1, 2 and 3.At the risk of sounding like an infomercial......Pimsleur is the best. I've tried many different courses and books. They take time and money. I have niether So to cut a long story short Ya'll can PM me if you want the course !! You're right Pimsleur is the best way to learn a language, I used it to learn French. Quote Where words fail music speaks.Où les mots échouent la musique parle
Krys Posted April 25, 2007 at 03:22 AM Posted April 25, 2007 at 03:22 AM I was going to download the program here at work, but its a pretty big file, so I`ll have to wait until I get a new comp, my computer at home is on its way out. In the meantime I`ve been using French Asssistant and its pretty good..I love saying 'pirate' ---> "peeraht" Haha ! I was saying that last night at work. My co-workers thought I was going crazy! i use to say pirate a lot at home. everybody thought i was nuts going "peeraht" "PEERAHT!" Quote
Célinefull Posted April 25, 2007 at 05:02 AM Posted April 25, 2007 at 05:02 AM (edited) i am dying to learn french too. Great! One more!!! LOL I'm trying to find videos with English subtitles for you guys, but it's not so easy! Maybe I'll have to do one myself! lolHere is one I found! A commercial which promotes French courses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5wiPNWwC3o...ted&search= this video is just funny - Mylène you will laugh hysterically! s'tu veux mylène ce weekend je vais essayer de faire un transcription d'une vidéo en français dont tu peux utiliser- être prof d'une classe de douze élèves...ça fait trop de travail pour une seule collègienne ! btw to everyone: please watch this videos they are really good for learning the French alphabet and a few phrases pretty simply (the guy is, as we say 'putain' but that doesn't matter): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh6XyI6fNbU...ted&search=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ZL9vecMFE...ted&search= Edited April 25, 2007 at 05:20 AM by Célinefull Quote http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7108/ziegfieldgirlbanner.jpg
LaFeeRailleuse Posted April 25, 2007 at 11:39 AM Posted April 25, 2007 at 11:39 AM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5wiPNWwC3o...ted&search= this video is just funny - Mylène you will laugh hysterically! s'tu veux mylène ce weekend je vais essayer de faire un transcription d'une vidéo en français dont tu peux utiliser- être prof d'une classe de douze élèves...ça fait trop de travail pour une seule collègienne ! btw to everyone: please watch this videos they are really good for learning the French alphabet and a few phrases pretty simply (the guy is, as we say 'putain' but that doesn't matter): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh6XyI6fNbU...ted&search=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ZL9vecMFE...ted&search= LOL This video is funny! (Indeed, the comments are right, what she says isn't correct ) About hose two last links, I saw those videos, and they're not bad, really... His English accent isn't so good! lol Sinon pour ta vidéo, ça m'intéresse! Qu'est-ce que c'est? Quote
Célinefull Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:53 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:53 AM alors je ne sais pas encore, mais je peux faire qqchose...quand j'ai du temps le week-end! je vais faire un traduction d'un video qu'ensuite nous pouvons regarder..pour rendre mieux le comprehension? qu'est-ce que tu penses? Quote http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7108/ziegfieldgirlbanner.jpg
kathyc25 Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:01 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:01 PM Thanks for the last 2 videos...in the second one he looks drunk lol Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
LaFeeRailleuse Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:27 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:27 PM alors je ne sais pas encore, mais je peux faire qqchose...quand j'ai du temps le week-end! je vais faire un traduction d'un video qu'ensuite nous pouvons regarder..pour rendre mieux le comprehension? qu'est-ce que tu penses? Seems good to me! But it should probably be something easy at first... I'm thinking about it too...I don't have much time these days for I have a lot of exams and plans with family and friends, both at the same time But then it'll be easier... Quote
chicagofan Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:58 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:58 AM (edited) Thanks for posting the "Let's Speak French" videos! I had 4 years of French in high school, and I can't remember much (10 years ago)! But, I'm thinking about taking some classes. I'm in the Chicago area, and there are a couple of French institutes that I plan on checking out. Anyway, I've been thinking about a way for us to learn Celine's French songs. Here's what I'm thinking: someone fluent in French could post a verse from a song for the rest of us to try to translate and learn to pronounce from the recording. They could also post a translation of the verse, either right away, or the next day. The rest of us can compare our translations. I'm sure there will be lots of questions regarding the translations and the pronunciations. Then, one or two days later, they can post another verse. I thought that just a verse from a song would be appropriate. We might get overwhelmed and frustrated with a whole song. I'm not proposing this as a good way to learn French - but I do think it will help us learn and remember certain words, phrases, and pronunciations. I imagine that a lot of you are like me - I'm tired of humming the French songs! My immediate goal is just to be able to sing along and understand what I'm singing! What do you all think? Maybe one of the fluent French speakers could pick out a verse for us to start working on if anyone else likes this idea. Edited April 27, 2007 at 01:59 AM by chicagofan Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.