Cheerfuljane Posted April 16, 2007 at 08:46 PM Posted April 16, 2007 at 08:46 PM Well thankyou for the encouragement...I need that!!! I don't want to quit! Someone talk me out of it!! LOL DON'T QUIT !!! DON'T QUIT !!! DON'T QUIT !!! DON'T QUIT !!! DON'T QUIT !!! Have I convinced you yet ? Anyway, once you get the Pimsleur course you won't have that problem anymore TTFN Quote
denise Posted April 17, 2007 at 12:42 AM Posted April 17, 2007 at 12:42 AM It just seems so hard...will I ever get it? I want to so bad, but just when I think I'm getting the hang of it, I can't remember something, and then I feel like I just need to start all over!! Of course you will!! French is not an easy language, especially for people who speak English, which doesn't have latin as a base! I sometimes have my times too, when I think I'll never learn it and etc... But it's normal.. everybody who's learning a new language feels like that once in a while Well thankyou for the encouragement...I need that!!! I don't want to quit! Someone talk me out of it!! LOL Don't quit Kimbo! Once we both have that course from Jane we can go through this together. Quote http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/nycbrat/celine/FadeAway_Sig.jpg <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH=240 HEIGHT=90><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="style_images/donationlavendar.swf"><PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=opaque><PARAM NAME=scale VALUE=noscale><EMBED src="style_images/donationlavendar.swf" menu=false quality=high wmode=opaque scale=noscale WIDTH=240 HEIGHT=90 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED></OBJECT>
Krys Posted April 17, 2007 at 11:23 AM Posted April 17, 2007 at 11:23 AM It just seems so hard...will I ever get it? I want to so bad, but just when I think I'm getting the hang of it, I can't remember something, and then I feel like I just need to start all over!! Of course you will!! French is not an easy language, especially for people who speak English, which doesn't have latin as a base! I sometimes have my times too, when I think I'll never learn it and etc... But it's normal.. everybody who's learning a new language feels like that once in a while Well thankyou for the encouragement...I need that!!! I don't want to quit! Someone talk me out of it!! LOL Don't quit Kimbo! Once we both have that course from Jane we can go through this together. make it the three of us Quote
LaFeeRailleuse Posted April 17, 2007 at 05:31 PM Posted April 17, 2007 at 05:31 PM WoW!!! These last days, I couldn't come very often on the forum so it's the first time I see that topic! GREAT! I'm French (as you can see on my profile) and I'd be more than pleased to help anybody with anything!!! (grammar, vocabulary, etc...) In exchange you could help me improve my English (I'm studying English at university). And about the question concerning how French people react to American people who can't speak French : I don't think that's true! When I lived in the US for a few months, EVERYBODY thought that French people would be awfully cold if you can't speak their language, but I don't think it's true! It's hard to tell, for I'm in love with English language, so I'm very happy when I meet English-speaking people. But you don't have to fear anything... A looooot of French people speak English (especially those who have to work with tourists)! Quote
KimboCosmo Posted April 17, 2007 at 06:08 PM Author Posted April 17, 2007 at 06:08 PM Well thankyou for the encouragement...I need that!!! I don't want to quit! Someone talk me out of it!! LOL DON'T QUIT !!! DON'T QUIT !!! DON'T QUIT !!! DON'T QUIT !!! DON'T QUIT !!! Have I convinced you yet ? Anyway, once you get the Pimsleur course you won't have that problem anymore TTFNYes you have convinced me! And I cannot wait to get that!! I'll be forever greatful to you for that!! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
KimboCosmo Posted April 17, 2007 at 06:10 PM Author Posted April 17, 2007 at 06:10 PM It just seems so hard...will I ever get it? I want to so bad, but just when I think I'm getting the hang of it, I can't remember something, and then I feel like I just need to start all over!! Of course you will!! French is not an easy language, especially for people who speak English, which doesn't have latin as a base! I sometimes have my times too, when I think I'll never learn it and etc... But it's normal.. everybody who's learning a new language feels like that once in a while Well thankyou for the encouragement...I need that!!! I don't want to quit! Someone talk me out of it!! LOL Don't quit Kimbo! Once we both have that course from Jane we can go through this together. make it the three of us Yes, this will be SOOOO much fun guys!!! We can do it together! Step by step, until we are fluently speaking French...I mean, I want to be soooo good at it, that if I were to go to France, they wouldn't even know I was not from there!! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
KimboCosmo Posted April 17, 2007 at 06:18 PM Author Posted April 17, 2007 at 06:18 PM WoW!!! These last days, I couldn't come very often on the forum so it's the first time I see that topic! GREAT! I'm French (as you can see on my profile) and I'd be more than pleased to help anybody with anything!!! (grammar, vocabulary, etc...) In exchange you could help me improve my English (I'm studying English at university). And about the question concerning how French people react to American people who can't speak French : I don't think that's true! When I lived in the US for a few months, EVERYBODY thought that French people would be awfully cold if you can't speak their language, but I don't think it's true! It's hard to tell, for I'm in love with English language, so I'm very happy when I meet English-speaking people. But you don't have to fear anything... A looooot of French people speak English (especially those who have to work with tourists)! Hey that is great!! I'm so glad you joined this topic, because I'd love to help you in any way I can with English. However, I must tell you that I know proper English, but where I live in the US, is in the south, and my English is drawn out and we have an accent that would be weird to you if you'd never heard it. I say "yall" instead of "you all"...thats just a Southern thing though...I do know the proper way to say things, and I do use it when the time is right. I can still help though...if I were teaching someone, I wouldn't use the "redneck" language with you lol I'm so excited though for you to teach us about the French language! I can't wait!! Lets get this ball on the roll!!! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
LaFeeRailleuse Posted April 17, 2007 at 06:58 PM Posted April 17, 2007 at 06:58 PM (edited) I say "yall" instead of "you all"...thats just a Southern thing though...I do know the proper way to say things, and I do use it when the time is right. I can still help though...if I were teaching someone, I wouldn't use the "redneck" language with you lol I spent 5 months in Arkansas so I heard some very weird accents! lol A woman did try to teach me to say "yall" But that's totally ok with me! I LOVE accents! J'adore! I think a very good way to learn a language is to find fun "tools" to help you... For example, I am crazy about music, so I try to translate the songs I like (now, for simple songs it comes almost immediately) or watch series (I watch FRIENDS or HEROES among others, in their original versions). I don't know what would be the best way to "teach" a language on a forum Maybe by asking simple questions, so that people can answer a few sentences and practice their vocabulary, and so on... For example let's introduce ourselves..."Qui es-tu? Peux-tu te présenter?" (tell me if you think that's a boring way to do it, we could find other ideas together ) Edited April 17, 2007 at 06:59 PM by nelemy Quote
KimboCosmo Posted April 18, 2007 at 12:21 AM Author Posted April 18, 2007 at 12:21 AM I say "yall" instead of "you all"...thats just a Southern thing though...I do know the proper way to say things, and I do use it when the time is right. I can still help though...if I were teaching someone, I wouldn't use the "redneck" language with you lol I spent 5 months in Arkansas so I heard some very weird accents! lol A woman did try to teach me to say "yall" But that's totally ok with me! I LOVE accents! J'adore! I think a very good way to learn a language is to find fun "tools" to help you... For example, I am crazy about music, so I try to translate the songs I like (now, for simple songs it comes almost immediately) or watch series (I watch FRIENDS or HEROES among others, in their original versions). I don't know what would be the best way to "teach" a language on a forum Maybe by asking simple questions, so that people can answer a few sentences and practice their vocabulary, and so on... For example let's introduce ourselves..."Qui es-tu? Peux-tu te présenter?" (tell me if you think that's a boring way to do it, we could find other ideas together )On the fun tools subject...Friends is a great way to learn some "lingo"...That is one of my favorite shows btw! With the introducing ourselves...I can read what you wrote, but how do you pronounce it? And did you say "Let's introduce ourselves" or did you say "For example let's introduce ourselves"? LOL i know I will be the most difficult student!! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
denise Posted April 18, 2007 at 01:45 AM Posted April 18, 2007 at 01:45 AM It just seems so hard...will I ever get it? I want to so bad, but just when I think I'm getting the hang of it, I can't remember something, and then I feel like I just need to start all over!! Of course you will!! French is not an easy language, especially for people who speak English, which doesn't have latin as a base! I sometimes have my times too, when I think I'll never learn it and etc... But it's normal.. everybody who's learning a new language feels like that once in a while Well thankyou for the encouragement...I need that!!! I don't want to quit! Someone talk me out of it!! LOL Don't quit Kimbo! Once we both have that course from Jane we can go through this together. make it the three of us WooHoo! This is going to be fun Quote http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/nycbrat/celine/FadeAway_Sig.jpg <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH=240 HEIGHT=90><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="style_images/donationlavendar.swf"><PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=opaque><PARAM NAME=scale VALUE=noscale><EMBED src="style_images/donationlavendar.swf" menu=false quality=high wmode=opaque scale=noscale WIDTH=240 HEIGHT=90 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED></OBJECT>
denise Posted April 18, 2007 at 01:47 AM Posted April 18, 2007 at 01:47 AM WoW!!! These last days, I couldn't come very often on the forum so it's the first time I see that topic! GREAT! I'm French (as you can see on my profile) and I'd be more than pleased to help anybody with anything!!! (grammar, vocabulary, etc...) In exchange you could help me improve my English (I'm studying English at university). And about the question concerning how French people react to American people who can't speak French : I don't think that's true! When I lived in the US for a few months, EVERYBODY thought that French people would be awfully cold if you can't speak their language, but I don't think it's true! It's hard to tell, for I'm in love with English language, so I'm very happy when I meet English-speaking people. But you don't have to fear anything... A looooot of French people speak English (especially those who have to work with tourists)! I'd be happy to help you as well. Of course, I'm from Pennsylvania so we have that whole Pennsylvania Dutch lingo going on around here. Quote http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/nycbrat/celine/FadeAway_Sig.jpg <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH=240 HEIGHT=90><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="style_images/donationlavendar.swf"><PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=opaque><PARAM NAME=scale VALUE=noscale><EMBED src="style_images/donationlavendar.swf" menu=false quality=high wmode=opaque scale=noscale WIDTH=240 HEIGHT=90 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED></OBJECT>
Krys Posted April 18, 2007 at 05:55 AM Posted April 18, 2007 at 05:55 AM It just seems so hard...will I ever get it? I want to so bad, but just when I think I'm getting the hang of it, I can't remember something, and then I feel like I just need to start all over!! Of course you will!! French is not an easy language, especially for people who speak English, which doesn't have latin as a base! I sometimes have my times too, when I think I'll never learn it and etc... But it's normal.. everybody who's learning a new language feels like that once in a while Well thankyou for the encouragement...I need that!!! I don't want to quit! Someone talk me out of it!! LOL Don't quit Kimbo! Once we both have that course from Jane we can go through this together. make it the three of us Yes, this will be SOOOO much fun guys!!! We can do it together! Step by step, until we are fluently speaking French...I mean, I want to be soooo good at it, that if I were to go to France, they wouldn't even know I was not from there!! i totally agree with you! Quote
nico robin Posted April 18, 2007 at 04:26 PM Posted April 18, 2007 at 04:26 PM WoW!!! These last days, I couldn't come very often on the forum so it's the first time I see that topic! GREAT! I'm French (as you can see on my profile) and I'd be more than pleased to help anybody with anything!!! (grammar, vocabulary, etc...) In exchange you could help me improve my English (I'm studying English at university). i'm still learning english and as you can see is not very good, but i could teach you spanish and you help me with the french Quote http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WTOLnq_3hiM/T-YMZXaW9JI/AAAAAAAACR4/bCmTbbqNEhY/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.20_%5B2012.06.22_00.44.23%5D.jpgI dOn'T sUfFer FrOm InSaNiTy...I eNjOy EvErY MiNuTe Of iT... Visit www.celinerific.com Erika's Desings...Rivieravibe
KimboCosmo Posted April 19, 2007 at 03:53 AM Author Posted April 19, 2007 at 03:53 AM Ok so when is this going to get rolling?? Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
Célinefull Posted April 19, 2007 at 11:04 AM Posted April 19, 2007 at 11:04 AM WoW!!! These last days, I couldn't come very often on the forum so it's the first time I see that topic! GREAT! I'm French (as you can see on my profile) and I'd be more than pleased to help anybody with anything!!! (grammar, vocabulary, etc...) In exchange you could help me improve my English (I'm studying English at university). i'm still learning english and as you can see is not very good, but i could teach you spanish and you help me with the french Osinhos!!! Teach me spanish and i will teach you French and English I want to learn Spanish so much! @Kimbo: You all is as incorrect as y'all - 'you' is the second person plural and doesn't need to be qualified by 'all' as it already refers to more than one person in Australia we don't say y'all but we say "youse" as in more than one you I can help anyone who wants to learn French too - I'm not as good as Mylène (obviously) but i know what it's like to have French lessons! Quote http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7108/ziegfieldgirlbanner.jpg
kathyc25 Posted April 19, 2007 at 03:58 PM Posted April 19, 2007 at 03:58 PM (edited) OOh exciting! I would love to learn too! I can pronounce most french words, because I took a french diction class in college to prepare for my senior singing recital (I sang four songs in french all from memory). I wanted to pronounce everything correctly! But now I really want to be able to understand it as well! Edited April 19, 2007 at 03:58 PM by kathyc25 Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
Kian Posted April 19, 2007 at 04:18 PM Posted April 19, 2007 at 04:18 PM I just started learning french through Pimsleur course and it's great. I'm having fun and learning at the same time . Quote
kathyc25 Posted April 19, 2007 at 04:21 PM Posted April 19, 2007 at 04:21 PM cool! I wanna do it Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
Kian Posted April 19, 2007 at 04:29 PM Posted April 19, 2007 at 04:29 PM (edited) If you want I'll send you links . Edited April 19, 2007 at 04:30 PM by Kian Quote
kathyc25 Posted April 19, 2007 at 05:17 PM Posted April 19, 2007 at 05:17 PM yeah! thanks Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
KimboCosmo Posted April 19, 2007 at 05:57 PM Author Posted April 19, 2007 at 05:57 PM Me too!!!! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
KimboCosmo Posted April 19, 2007 at 06:02 PM Author Posted April 19, 2007 at 06:02 PM Found this on Google... “How y’all doin’?” If you are rendering this common Southernism in print, be careful where you place the apostrophe, which stands for the second and third letters in “you.” Note that “y’all” stands for “you all” and is properly a plural form, though many southern speakers treat it as a singular form and resort to “all y’all” for the plural. Hope this helps! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
Célinefull Posted April 19, 2007 at 09:51 PM Posted April 19, 2007 at 09:51 PM Found this on Google... “How y’all doin’?” If you are rendering this common Southernism in print, be careful where you place the apostrophe, which stands for the second and third letters in “you.” Note that “y’all” stands for “you all” and is properly a plural form, though many southern speakers treat it as a singular form and resort to “all y’all” for the plural. Hope this helps! Quote http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7108/ziegfieldgirlbanner.jpg
KimboCosmo Posted April 20, 2007 at 04:17 AM Author Posted April 20, 2007 at 04:17 AM Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
LaFeeRailleuse Posted April 20, 2007 at 11:30 AM Posted April 20, 2007 at 11:30 AM WoW!!! These last days, I couldn't come very often on the forum so it's the first time I see that topic! GREAT! I'm French (as you can see on my profile) and I'd be more than pleased to help anybody with anything!!! (grammar, vocabulary, etc...) In exchange you could help me improve my English (I'm studying English at university). i'm still learning english and as you can see is not very good, but i could teach you spanish and you help me with the french Wow! I'd love that!!! I learned Spanish years ago... I used to be quite good at it, but now... I've forgotten everything! And i'd be glad to talk with you Denise!!! KimboCosmo, that's fun you mentionned FRIENDS, because that's what I watch the most! I love it!My question was "Can you introduce yourself?" Just to use such tools as "I am", "I have", "I like/dislike"... etc Quote
Krys Posted April 20, 2007 at 12:09 PM Posted April 20, 2007 at 12:09 PM If you want I'll send you links . ME WANTS! ME WANTS! Quote
KimboCosmo Posted April 21, 2007 at 05:16 AM Author Posted April 21, 2007 at 05:16 AM Hey for some reason, my computer will not take me where I'm suppose to when I click on those Pimsleur links. I don't know whats up, but it won't work for me! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
Krys Posted April 21, 2007 at 09:41 AM Posted April 21, 2007 at 09:41 AM (edited) Hey for some reason, my computer will not take me where I'm suppose to when I click on those Pimsleur links. I don't know whats up, but it won't work for me! works fine for me. what's your problem? Edited April 21, 2007 at 09:42 AM by lamourpourCeline Quote
nico robin Posted April 21, 2007 at 08:17 PM Posted April 21, 2007 at 08:17 PM WoW!!! These last days, I couldn't come very often on the forum so it's the first time I see that topic! GREAT! I'm French (as you can see on my profile) and I'd be more than pleased to help anybody with anything!!! (grammar, vocabulary, etc...) In exchange you could help me improve my English (I'm studying English at university). i'm still learning english and as you can see is not very good, but i could teach you spanish and you help me with the french Osinhos!!! Teach me spanish and i will teach you French and English I want to learn Spanish so much! I can help anyone who wants to learn French too - I'm not as good as Mylène (obviously) but i know what it's like to have French lessons!sure! Quote http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WTOLnq_3hiM/T-YMZXaW9JI/AAAAAAAACR4/bCmTbbqNEhY/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.20_%5B2012.06.22_00.44.23%5D.jpgI dOn'T sUfFer FrOm InSaNiTy...I eNjOy EvErY MiNuTe Of iT... Visit www.celinerific.com Erika's Desings...Rivieravibe
Elaine Posted April 22, 2007 at 02:29 AM Posted April 22, 2007 at 02:29 AM This is starting to be fun!! So many languages!! wow!! Can anyone teach me Italian or German?? Quote http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1352/opo3.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.