Bellamy Posted May 23, 2007 at 02:23 PM Posted May 23, 2007 at 02:23 PM Steal videos?! What's that all about!! The videos are for free and there where I downloaded the Millenium concert, there are no videos with Celine Channel logo, if you mean this. By the way, it would be great if you stop putting the logo on the videos because for example I like to make captures for my own use with Celine pictures from the videos and the logo distroys them... I hope I don't offend you with this - is just my own opinion but I noticed there are some more people who are a bit annoyed with the logo. I don't mind the logo and info at the beginning of any file but the logo during the entire video in the corner.Those videos are shared on IRC without logo before. I don't even want to explain again. If you can cap videos yourself, share it whatever way you want. If not, respect our choice. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Dionesque Posted May 23, 2007 at 02:37 PM Posted May 23, 2007 at 02:37 PM Dear Bellamy, I'm not putting your videos anywhere for the simple reason: I don't have any website and won't have any. But if I could capture videos myself, I would be happy to share them with as many fans as possible because I know, that many people don't have access to some foreign TV channels or simply don't have time to watch every show they'd love to watch in time it's being aired. However, I don't understand the reason you are so angry when people share "your" videos somewhere else than here. But I don't want to argue - I'm just telling my own pretty personal point of view. Quote Visit me on Facebook 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne18th June 2008 - Köln Arena20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace ColosseumJ'étais là pour toi, Céline! Why has Javito been silenced ???
Bellamy Posted May 23, 2007 at 02:48 PM Posted May 23, 2007 at 02:48 PM Dear Bellamy, I'm not putting your videos anywhere for the simple reason: I don't have any website and won't have any. But if I could capture videos myself, I would be happy to share them with as many fans as possible because I know, that many people don't have access to some foreign TV channels or simply don't have time to watch every show they'd love to watch in time it's being aired. However, I don't understand the reason you are so angry when people share "your" videos somewhere else than here. But I don't want to argue - I'm just telling my own pretty personal point of view.You don't understand cause you are not doing the work. When other rip your hard work, you'll understand. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Koolan Posted May 23, 2007 at 03:46 PM Posted May 23, 2007 at 03:46 PM However, I don't understand the reason you are so angry when people share "your" videos somewhere else than here. We don't mind at all when other website owners ask beforehand, some did in the past and we gladly agreed. It's just common courtesty to do that. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
brasilero Posted May 23, 2007 at 06:03 PM Posted May 23, 2007 at 06:03 PM (edited) If you go to Youtube you can find some songs from this concert. Someone must have taped it when it originally aired. I'm not sure how many songs are there, but there's at least a few. I know I saw one that had her singing with Brian Adams. From watching those clips, that show looked like it was amazing, especially since it was New Year's eve 1999 and it was her final concert before taking her long break. At that time, even though I thought she would return to performing eventually, you really did not know what would happen, it could have been her final concert. I think the last LV concert will also be very emotional, especially since she's been there so long, but since it sounds like she is going to start touring after that (or so it seems) at least we know alot of people that did not get to see her in LV will finally get their chance. Céline herself stopped this from being released on VHS/DVD..ya thank God she did becauseshe did not sound good on alot of the songs Céline herself stopped this from being released on VHS/DVD..<{POST_SNAPBACK}> What was her reasoning behind stopping the release? Do you know? ...Joe...ya, cuz she did not sound good or at least not her usual excellent self ) well i still think it's quite important that they release it, cause it was an important concert and kind of like the last of celine... so hopefully they gonna release it later (of course not this year. ahahah too many things this year)no i dont want them to release it, not everything has to be released and presented It makes since why Celine didn't want this concert to be released. Even though she sounds superb, as always, she just seemed tired and her vocals weren't at their best. It's a shame - since it was an amazing line up of songs...for her to be at the top of her game would have been out of this world. But I'm still grateful we can find some of this footage online. Does anyone have the ENTIRE concert? i have the entire concert on dvd but it was transferred from VHS Edited May 23, 2007 at 06:06 PM by brasilero Quote
Davey84 Posted October 28, 2018 at 03:14 PM Posted October 28, 2018 at 03:14 PM I can't remember where the question was asked, but someone asked about some one wanting to kill Celine at the millennium concert. I received some old clippings, maybe some one can give an English summary? Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
scielle Posted October 28, 2018 at 03:26 PM Posted October 28, 2018 at 03:26 PM Wow. And now some wacko is threatening the twins. I can't believe they let him go on a $500 bond. Quote
Bruno Portugal Posted October 28, 2018 at 04:12 PM Posted October 28, 2018 at 04:12 PM Yes. I remember. I think it was one of the reasons why Celine herself decided to cancel the DVD release.There were also sound problems and her voice was not at her best. A magnificent show thought... 1 Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 28, 2018 at 07:15 PM Posted October 28, 2018 at 07:15 PM Wait, what? I don’t remember this. And who is threatening the twins? How does that not end up in the BREAKING NEWS thread? Yet, the 70th FIY, LTAL, ANDHC box set lands in there; along with the fact that Celine eats BBQ Lays. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
scielle Posted October 28, 2018 at 07:23 PM Posted October 28, 2018 at 07:23 PM Wait, what? I don't remember this. And who is threatening the twins? How does that not end up in the BREAKING NEWS thread? Yet, the 70th FIY, LTAL, ANDHC box set lands in there; along with the fact that Celine eats BBQ Lays. See: http://www.celinedionforum.com/topic/36638-random-or-common-thoughts-and-questions-about-cline/page__st__20970#entry2312508 This only refers to threats to Celine's family, but another French article I read on the subject said he specifically targeted the twins with his messages... Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted October 28, 2018 at 07:33 PM Posted October 28, 2018 at 07:33 PM I can't remember where the question was asked, but someone asked about some one wanting to kill Celine at the millennium concert. I received some old clippings, maybe some one can give an English summary? Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk Wow, I always knew there had been a crazy man with that weapon at the Millennium Concert but never actually saw any confirmation. The article says that the man had tried to get backstage twice but, since he didn't have any VIP pass, he wasn't allowed to do so. He tried a third time (apparently 20 minutes before Celine's show ended) and one of Celine's bodyguards stopped him. The man used the taser (I'm not sure if it's the correct name in English) against him and he asked for help from two more bodyguards. They came in, the man did hurt them as well and then they called the police. Thank God, the man was arrested and never got close to Celine nor any member of her team. 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Bruno Portugal Posted October 28, 2018 at 09:16 PM Posted October 28, 2018 at 09:16 PM The concert of the new year of Celine Dion, in Montreal, marking not only the change of year 1999/2000, but also her last performance on scene, could end in a tragic way. A fan, probably disappointed by the decision of his favorite singer stop singing for a few years to dedicate herself to her husband, was mastered after having tried to clear itself a passage through the security barrier, with a pistol in the hand. The fanatic hurt 3 members of staff of security and the police of Montreal admitted that if he had been able to reach the diva, "it could have been tragic". This was an article published at the time! 1 Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
Tricey3115 Posted December 6, 2018 at 01:05 AM Posted December 6, 2018 at 01:05 AM Theres an extended version of the behind the scenes of the millennium concert with celine and all her family i can post the link Quote
nuts2you Posted December 6, 2018 at 10:31 PM Posted December 6, 2018 at 10:31 PM please do I would love to see that,/ it Quote
tomdalbou Posted December 6, 2018 at 11:30 PM Posted December 6, 2018 at 11:30 PM Theres an extended version of the behind the scenes of the millennium concert with celine and all her family i can post the link Yeah I posted it Part 1https://youtu.be/MpGrIuNkA0k Part 2 (Celines show)https://youtu.be/Gvy674Dst9g 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted December 7, 2018 at 12:31 PM Posted December 7, 2018 at 12:31 PM "David Foster began negotiations to have Dion, Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston and Andrea Bocelli to conduct a mini-tour titled "Three Divas and a Tenor". The tour never came to fruition." It would be awesome if it wasn't cancelled Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted December 8, 2018 at 11:13 AM Posted December 8, 2018 at 11:13 AM "David Foster began negotiations to have Dion, Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston and Andrea Bocelli to conduct a mini-tour titled "Three Divas and a Tenor". The tour never came to fruition." It would be awesome if it wasn't cancelled I remember reading about that some years ago. Do we know when that mini-tour was supposed to take place? Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
ordinary fan Posted December 8, 2018 at 11:25 AM Posted December 8, 2018 at 11:25 AM (edited) I remember reading about that some years ago. Do we know when that mini-tour was supposed to take place? I believe in 1999 but it never happened because the singers simply didn´t had the time, Celine was busy with her Ltabl tour, whitney with her my love is your love tour...for example Edited December 8, 2018 at 11:30 AM by ordinary fan 2 Quote
ryba Posted December 8, 2018 at 03:03 PM Posted December 8, 2018 at 03:03 PM I’m sure they earned more money with their individual tours anyway Quote
actofcontrition Posted December 8, 2018 at 03:06 PM Posted December 8, 2018 at 03:06 PM If they think her voice was not good on this concert well why the hell they released the A new day live in vegas album?! I prefer 100000 times her voice from the millennium concert and would LOVE bluray! 3 Quote
ryba Posted December 8, 2018 at 05:08 PM Posted December 8, 2018 at 05:08 PM If they think her voice was not good on this concert well why the hell they released the A new day live in vegas album?! I prefer 100000 times her voice from the millennium concert and would LOVE bluray!yeah, right? Quote
Dion2000 Posted December 9, 2018 at 11:49 AM Posted December 9, 2018 at 11:49 AM I’m sure they earned more money with their individual tours anyway Maybe not... those 4 couldve done 2-3 shows per city for stadiums no problem.... if Celine and Whitney by themselves could sell out Wembley stadium twice who knows how many times they couldve sold with andrea and barbra 1 Quote
Overjoyed Posted January 24, 2020 at 04:40 PM Posted January 24, 2020 at 04:40 PM Well, 20 years after, I'm hearing the concert and it's not an official release still... 1 Quote
ryba Posted January 24, 2020 at 05:24 PM Posted January 24, 2020 at 05:24 PM Well, 20 years after, I'm hearing the concert and it's not an official release still... her most generous concert ever! It really deserved an official release... 3 Quote
comingback Posted January 24, 2020 at 07:39 PM Posted January 24, 2020 at 07:39 PM (edited) Well, 20 years after, I'm hearing the concert and it's not an official release still... her most generous concert ever! It really deserved an official release... http://www.celinedion.com.br/pics/ukposter.jpg The DVD was scheduled for release in 2001, but Celine disliked her performance and stopped it.1 Edited January 24, 2020 at 07:56 PM by comingback 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted January 24, 2020 at 08:49 PM Posted January 24, 2020 at 08:49 PM (edited) Céline disliked her performance? She sounded amazing on that concert. Maybe they ask céline in a wrong time.. maybe she’s on a period that time. Edited January 24, 2020 at 08:49 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted January 24, 2020 at 09:07 PM Posted January 24, 2020 at 09:07 PM The singer who dueted with her on When I Fall In Love was WAY off-pitch. Her microphone pack fell of twice, once during J’rai Ou Tu Iras which I’ve always thought visibly pissed her off cuz it happened when she usually does her goofy dance moves that she enjoy doing then. She also sings the entire first verse of SSDA in a different key than the one being played by the piano. I LOVED that show - was 12th row center - but I think there were other vocal mistakes of the evening. Now, today, of course, all of that could be fixed in post but I wonder if the technology wasn’t there at the time. I’d think it must have been though. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted January 24, 2020 at 09:33 PM Posted January 24, 2020 at 09:33 PM (edited) All can be fixed in post prod... so, that only means she really doesn’t want dubbing. That’s the part where she’s lazy and that’s great. No complaints on that part Edited January 24, 2020 at 09:34 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Jay718 Posted January 24, 2020 at 09:38 PM Posted January 24, 2020 at 09:38 PM One of my biggest hopes is that this would be released commercially. You think 2020 could have been the year...maybe 2025? I mean...I have it somewhere recorded on VHS, but who has a VCR anymore? I also remember the story about how she didn't like the way she sounded...but damn I think it was a great show! Fingers crossed for some day. 1 Quote http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Jay7180/im_13.jpg
AdrienneM Posted January 24, 2020 at 09:48 PM Posted January 24, 2020 at 09:48 PM The singer who dueted with her on When I Fall In Love was WAY off-pitch. Her microphone pack fell of twice, once during J’rai Ou Tu Iras which I’ve always thought visibly pissed her off cuz it happened when she usually does her goofy dance moves that she enjoy doing then. She also sings the entire first verse of SSDA in a different key than the one being played by the piano. I LOVED that show - was 12th row center - but I think there were other vocal mistakes of the evening. Now, today, of course, all of that could be fixed in post but I wonder if the technology wasn’t there at the time. I’d think it must have been though. As well as the super nasal note at the end of Damour ou Damitie and there were alot of issues with pitching due to her in ears or simply due to something external, as you said, something which couldve been fixed in post now a days but i really dont know without dubbing how they wouldve fixed it back then Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.