Jump to content

Best song in the album "S'il Suffisait D'aimer"


Best song in the album "S'il Suffisait D'aimer"  

285 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok I surrender. You all in this thread made me want to listen again the full album tonight xD

 

"Avec plaisir", like Céline would say, it will be like the 1.258 time :mdr: :P

 

Yes! I did the same earlier yesterday! Thank you again whoever bumped the topic. Not only did you make us go back to enjoy the album as a whole, but initiated a nice conversation about the album. :heart:

Posted

To me, there seemed something sad about this girl all alone, putting everying in her life on hold to wait for a Prince Charming that she doesn't even know yet . . she's even afraid to play music too loudly, for fear that she'll miss the sound of his step . . . and the "I paint flowers on the doors -- he will like that" -- it seemed like a bit of self-delusion -- most men wouldn't care about or notice flowers on doors, but she believes that it's something that will bring her closer to finding her love. Also: "Je lui dirai c'était bien long, non, je ne lui dirai sûrement pas" -- "I will tell him it's been so long [waiting for him] -- no, I will surely not tell him that" -- even when finds him, she's not willing to reveal her fears/insecurites to him.

 

Honestly, I don't think Celine would have viewed this song as sad -- because she is so passionate about the all-consuming nature of love, I think she would think it's natural that this girl is putting everything towards finding love. And I don't think the narrator of the song is supposed to seem sad -- but I think JJG saw some sadness in the situation, and that's captured in the lyrics. He captured the hope, too, and that's part of the genius of it.

 

Honestly, I think Celine's been really, really lucky in her life and that's why she's been able to keep her views about love -- the first man she fell in love with was a good man who loved her back, who respected her, who wanted the same things out of life she wanted, and with whom she has amazing chemistry. For most people, it doesn't work like that . .there are disappointments and heartbreaks and compromises, and not "one true love." Most girls who put aside everything else in their life to paint flowers on doors aren't likely to find a true love that way. (I get that the painting flowers on doors isn't supposed to be taken literally, but I think it represents a bit of the futility in things women do when they're trying desperately to find a man.). There's a lot of hope in this song, but I think there's a lot of sadness, too.

 

Just my two cents! I know most people don't see this as a sad song.

 

I get your point! Yeah maybe the girl in the song had reached a point in her life in which she had resigned not to find the love of her life, so she didn't build her hopes up anymore and held back her excitement every time she had a date. I wish we knew how the story ended. Hopefully L'abandon could be the continuation of the story :wub: :P

  • Like 1

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

I get your point! Yeah maybe the girl in the song had reached a point in her life in which she had resigned not to find the love of her life, so she didn't build her hopes up anymore and held back her excitement every time she had a date. I wish we knew how the story ended. Hopefully L'abandon could be the continuation of the story :wub: :P

L'abandon, definitely a continuation :giggle:
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted
TOO BAD Je Chanterai got so little votes. Should we consider this one the least interesting song of the album? I really like her modulations and ad libs. Her voice sounds so clear and perfect. She demonstrates her singing so well.
Posted
Just voted. je crois toi is my favourite song of this album. It seems i am the only one who likes this song ...
  • Like 1
Posted

Just voted. je crois toi is my favourite song of this album. It seems i am the only one who likes this song ...

 

Not at all! Look how many of us were talking about Je crois toi :blush: It's my favourite too but its just that I can't have only one. Too good this album to have only one favourite.

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
''J'aurais pu rester ou la roue tourne, ou tout est doux'' :whistling: I love this line!
Posted
Dans un autre monde... great song but I think it has been kind of worn down with the years for over-exploitation :P
  • Like 3

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Dans un autre monde... great song but I think it has been kind of worn down with the years for over-exploitation :P

 

Yup. And almost none of the live perfomances is as good as the studio version!

  • Like 1
Posted

Yup. And almost none of the live perfomances is as good as the studio version!

 

As usually happens with all her uptempo songs :down: :innocent:

  • Like 1

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
Did I say that I LOVE each personal story of how you all got your own copie of this CD??? :in_love: We should do that for every Celine album! :P
  • Like 2

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Did I say that I LOVE each personal story of how you all got your own copie of this CD??? :in_love: We should do that for every Celine album! :P

 

Yes, that's good idea. I thought about it. It's always interesting to read it and it can bring some nice memories. :)

Posted (edited)

Yeah that's a cool idea Jav! Maybe you should start a thread :-D

 

The First Time Ever You Hold Your Album :lmao:

Edited by Davey84
  • Like 4


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

Yeah that's a cool idea Jav! Maybe you should start a thread :-D

 

The First Time Ever You Hold Your Album :lmao:

 

That should be LTAL (as many fans :-D ) but I don't remember the precise moment when I bought it... I just know it was a strange copie because it had the blue disc from the Korea edition, something inexplicable how a Korean edition ended in a Spanish huge department store :mellow:

  • Like 2

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

As usually happens with all her uptempo songs :down: :innocent:

 

Except River Deep Mountain High

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png

Posted
I love this album! Such a tough choice. I voted for On Ne Change Pas but I also love Zora Sourit, Sur Le Meme Bateau, Terre, and so many others on this album. It's a very well rounded album. I can't believe it's been 15 years already!! Maybe that's why the topic has re-surfaced with such a vengeance lol.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

Well, I have to admit that this topic made me revisit this CD all day today. On the way to work, at work and back home. I was humming Papillon all day! LOL I even played a few songs while my classes were changing, and at the end of each class. It was truly lovely revisiting this awesome album. A real breath of fresh air. I think that it really brought me back to life giving me energy, and a hop in my step throughout the day teaching and dealing with high school kids.

 

There's just no way possible that I can choose a favorite song from this CD.

 

Thanks for this great topic!! I'll be listening to it again tomorrow too!!

  • Like 5
Posted

Did I say that I LOVE each personal story of how you all got your own copie of this CD??? :in_love: We should do that for every Celine album! :P

 

We could start a topic abou that

Posted
"Je me méfie si souvent de moi, mais de toi pas, toi je te crois/ I mistrust myself so often, but of you, no, with you I believe in you" :blush: :blush: :blush: Rediscovering Je crois toi lyrics in the first rainy day of fall here :P
  • Like 1

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Yup. And almost none of the live perfomances is as good as the studio version!

 

actually the live version of Dans Un Autre Monde in Taking Chances Tour Album is the one i've listened the most since its released. In fact, i just checked and its the only song from that album that is synched to my iphone. lol

 

I just love so much the "bay bay bay bay, Ah zing zing bay bay" and then "Hey hey hey, zing zing baby"

she doesnt do that in the studio version. Just a little one lol

Posted

SSDA was the very first album I bought! Although her English repertoire has always been far more popular in the Netherlands, a local electronics store in my small native village offered some CD's (stored on a few shelves) among them -surprisingly- SSDA. For weeks I had been hooked on Zora Sourit, played quite frequently on the most popular mainstream radio station (Skyradio) in that days. I remember being so happy to discover that CD there, just around the corner, now having that beautiful song on my disposal infinitely.

I remember just LOVING the cover picture.. have we ever seen more pics from that shoot???

 

Ever since, SSDA, along with Live a Paris, has been my very favorite album. I actually listen to this album at least once a month..

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

I remember just LOVING the cover picture.. have we ever seen more pics from that shoot???

 

 

I retrieved some from past threads here, enjoy :blush:

post-6419-0-64632000-1380320609_thumb.jpg

post-6419-0-26033000-1380320620_thumb.jpg

post-6419-0-52322200-1380320636_thumb.jpg

post-6419-0-01228300-1380320646_thumb.jpg

post-6419-0-02714300-1380320661_thumb.jpg

post-6419-0-34789300-1380320748_thumb.jpg

post-6419-0-31208800-1380320761_thumb.jpg

Edited by Javito
  • Like 4

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

I retrieved some from past threads here, enjoy :blush:

 

haha.. best reply I ever had! "Thank you so very much" ;)

Now I remember the first two pics being part of that shoot.. the other ones I would have never figured out lol

Love these, so butchie, yet sexy .

  • Like 1
Posted

SSDA

Did I say that I LOVE each personal story of how you all got your own copie of this CD??? :in_love: We should do that for every Celine album! :P

 

That actually would be a really fun thread to read! SSDA is one of the few where I don't remember exactly when I got it, but it was '98 or '99 . . and my album still has the little blue sticker that says "Wall: Lifetime Music Guarantee" on it. Pretty funny, since the Wall went out of business years ago!

 

I do remember my first Celine album. . I got three at once, all on cassette tape! It was January of 1997; I was 15 years old, and I'd first become aware of Celine several months before, as I couldn't get enough of IACBMTN and BYLM. I'd been learning more about her, realizing which songs on the radio were hers; taping the VH1 specials about her . . .But I remember that moment in the store -- the store had 3 celine albums -- FIY, TCOML, and Unison. I wanted FIY for IACBTMN and BYLM, I wanted TCOML for TPOL, and I wanted Unison for WHDMYBN. I remember being so torn, not sure which one to choose -- I was with my mom, and she bought all 3 for me! :)

  • Like 1
Posted

JEAN-JACQUES!!!! COME BACK!!!!!!! :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

 

 

I'm sure he's got material to write a full album for her. It's been 10 years now. It's time!

 

Do you think, he can start writing on his own and propose an album for her, or René needs to ask him to create one?

 

and then, she needs to sit down and listen to everything he will tell her to do in studio.

Eventhough Sans Attendre was amazing, she's able to do even better with him by her side.

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

lol we should start a project....

 

we could compile all fan letters directed to Jean-Jacques requesting him to write for Celine again... and Send him all those letters in one package.

 

That would give him a boost of energy, confidence to see all this love from the fans. and would start writing for her right away lol

Edited by zuv
  • Like 2
Posted
'Sur le meme bateau' for me :) Also I'm so in love with 'On ne change pas' and 'Je crois toi' and 'L'abandon'. But SSDA has NEVER been one of my favorites on the album to be honest :innocent:
Love comes to those who believe it...
Posted

Listening to the album right now :wub2:

 

At first I didn't care that much for Zora Sourit, but I love that song to bits now.

The video Always gets me choked! :cry:

 

http://youtu.be/5UhkSnWee2Y

 

It's so weird the lead single of this album, which reached 20 in France, wasn't part of the Francophone LTAL tour setlist!

 

Though lyrically magnificent and touching a sensitive subject, I guess it wasn't strong enough to reach a broad public appeal...

 

I love this line: Mais elle sourit pour celles, Celles qui sont là-bas :wub2:

 

 

  • Like 2


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

At first I didn't care that much for Zora Sourit, but I love that song to bits now.

Same here. At some point I realised and appreciated the meaning of this song. It's basically about women's rights and being a woman now, I'm able to understand it better than when I was younger (I first heard the song more than a decade ago).

  • Like 1
16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...