Jump to content

Celine on the Official Album of World Cup 2006


Recommended Posts

Posted

Celine is on another album.

The album of 2002 world cup is very bad comparing to 1998 fifa

Posted
I got a reply from Sony BMG Canada:

 

Hello Renato,

The tracklisting for this compilation is still being finalized.

At this time we do not have confirmation of the artists included on the package.

Thanks and best,

:whistling:

 

so?

Posted
Il Divo World Cup 2006 

February 16, 2006     

 

VOCAL quartet Il Divo will perform the World Cup's official song, 'Time of Our Lives', Fifa announced yesterday.

 

The international chart toppers, who boast on their website to have brought opera to the masses, will perform the song at the opening ceremony in Munich on 9 June.

 

The event is expected to attract a worldwide television audience of a billion people.

 

 

The song will be available exclusively on Voices, the official album of the World Cup, to be released in May.

 

The compilation will also feature contributions from Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Rod Stewart, Whitney Houston and Shakira, among others.

 

The World Cup also has an official anthem, 'Celebrate the Day', which will be sung by German performer Herbert Groenemeyer in various languages.

 

The official song of the 2002 World Cup in Japan and South Korea was 'Boom' by Anastacia. - Wire Services.

Source: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/sports/story/...,102112,00.html

Posted
does this mean a new song? or a ''old" one!? LCMM :P
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Celine Featured On Official "FIFA World Cup" Album

February 10, 2006

 

Celine will be featured on the official album of the FIFA World Cup along with other superstars such as Mariah Carey, Il Divo, Rod Stewart, and Whitney Houston (Il Divo will be performing the "Official Song" of the 2006 FIFA World Cup). This special compilation album will be entitled "VOICES" and is scheduled to be released in May 2006. Please continue to check the 'What's Goin' On' page for more details.

Source: Celine Dion OFFICIAL site

 

The official album for the 2006 FIFA World Cup "VOICES" is to be release on 12 May, but is there any word as to what Céline song is supposed to be included on this compilation?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/siggy12-25-05.jpg

Posted

Any news on the tracklist?

It should be done by now don't you think?

TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR

8 mei O2 Londen, 13 14 16 mei sportpaleis Antwerpen, 24 mei Palais omnysport Bercy Parijs, 2 juni Arena Amsterdam, 7 juli Arras

Posted
Any news on the tracklist?

It should be done by now don't you think?

 

dont hold your breath...probably an old song - "the power of the dream" or LCMM....

Posted
Or maybe My HEart Will GO On.. hehe...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/felixwhoals/CelineMe.jpg

 

So suddenly, it's clear to me

Things change

Our future lies in here and now

We live it through somehow

 

Now the greatest reward

Is the love that I can give

I'm here for you now

For as long as I live

You made me who I am

Posted
Oh no lol MHWGO again no lol

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpg

Antwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ Arras

Some people need no slogans or presentations.

 

 

 

And that was a wrap, folks!

Posted
Oh no lol MHWGO again no lol

 

 

As much as I like MHWGO, I hope she doesn't use this song :ermm:

post-789-0-85779200-1435722092_thumb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg

Posted
hope they use old rare song haha

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
:w00t:

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/saomusic1/IL%20DIVO/Voices.jpg

 

It will be IBIY, hopefully the full english version.  :in_love:

This slow song is perfectly fit for the slow motion replay on World Cup. :giggle: I don't understand SONY's song choice. :glare:

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/saomusic1/IL%20DIVO/Voices.jpg

 

It will be IBIY, hopefully the full english version.  :in_love:

 

"I Believe in You"? I think it's not a bod choice... In fact it's a great way to promote the ONCP album. :D

 

By the way... Celine and Il Divo are the first two names mentioned on the cd's cover :kicking:

Posted

OMG!!!!!! this is big news! - celine will sing the official song of the world cup - moderators , i think we should open a new thread now that we know it!! :clap:

so , she is probably going to sing it live with IL DIVO there!!

Posted
This is good promotion for Celine- I'm still pretty sure they'll release IBIY in English and promote it properly in UK etc (big footie country) so am very excited! Even if it's the bilingual version, it's good for Celine. Cool album cover too!
Posted
This is good promotion for Celine- I'm still pretty sure they'll release IBIY in English and promote it properly in UK etc (big footie country) so am very excited! Even if it's the bilingual version, it's good for Celine. Cool album cover too!

 

i still think the song is pure crap but it can fit the world cup + they would have to make it the first single from celine's next english album and release the album in the coming months so she will have a hit and the album would get some attention - if the news is true i think celine's next english album is around the corner , sony wont miss this chance .

Posted
OMG!!!!!! this is big news! - celine will sing the official song of the world cup - moderators , i think we should open a new thread now that we know it!! :clap:

so , she is probably going to sing it live with IL DIVO there!!

Excuse me? :ermm: "Time Of Our Lives" by Il Divo is the official song. IBIY is just a track of the compilation. :msn-wink:

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted
Wow is that a real album cover? Can't believe it.. is the official song sung by Il Divo out already?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/felixwhoals/CelineMe.jpg

 

So suddenly, it's clear to me

Things change

Our future lies in here and now

We live it through somehow

 

Now the greatest reward

Is the love that I can give

I'm here for you now

For as long as I live

You made me who I am

Posted
I can't believe Kelly Clarkson is there as well!!! Wow, I must buy this album for sure!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/felixwhoals/CelineMe.jpg

 

So suddenly, it's clear to me

Things change

Our future lies in here and now

We live it through somehow

 

Now the greatest reward

Is the love that I can give

I'm here for you now

For as long as I live

You made me who I am

Posted

it says featuring songs from : celine dion AND il divo . it mention them together!!

and we know IL DIVO sing the official song so yet they mention their duet with celine . do they have 2 songs in this album? i'm confused...

Posted
it says featuring songs from : celine dion AND il divo . it mention them together!!

and we know IL DIVO sing the official song so yet they mention their duet with celine . do they have 2 songs in this album? i'm confused...

Yes, the official anthem + the duet with Céline. :msn-wink:

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted
We need a rock version of IBIY for the world cup album. I hope "Time Of Our Lives" by Il Divo is not as damn slow as all their other songs.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
ohhhhhh sorry so nothing to wait for...celine is NOT singing the official anthem and she wont be there for sure .
Posted
ohhhhhh sorry so nothing to wait for...celine is NOT singing the official anthem and she wont be there for sure .

yeah. or Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson... would be there too.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...