emi&celine Posted March 8, 2019 at 03:56 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 03:56 PM Anyway, is it just me or she looks radiant and young? She looks absolutely beautiful! 1 Quote
scielle Posted March 8, 2019 at 05:30 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 05:30 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 3 Quote
Xpresso Posted March 8, 2019 at 06:28 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 06:28 PM This is the best hair in a long time! 5 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted March 8, 2019 at 06:55 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 06:55 PM Anyway, is it just me or she looks radiant and young? She sounded great, imo, and looks really beautiful but I wish they would stop using so much filter to hide her age. Whoever's decision this is needs to use moderate filtering so it's not so apparent. I don't think she needs any but if they're going to use it then it shouldn't be obvious. Ashes mv is an example of way too much filter. The Celinununu commercial used it wisely, barely noticeable. 6 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted March 8, 2019 at 06:59 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 06:59 PM She sounded great, imo, and looks really beautiful but I wish they would stop using so much filter to hide her age. Whoever's decision this is needs to use moderate filtering so it's not so apparent. I don't think she needs any but if they're going to use it then it shouldn't be obvious. Ashes mv is an example of way too much filter. The Celinununu commercial used it wisely, barely noticeable. The smooth face filter. Used in K-dramas Quote
scielle Posted March 8, 2019 at 07:06 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 07:06 PM She sounded great, imo, and looks really beautiful but I wish they would stop using so much filter to hide her age. Whoever's decision this is needs to use moderate filtering so it's not so apparent. I don't think she needs any but if they're going to use it then it shouldn't be obvious. Ashes mv is an example of way too much filter. The Celinununu commercial used it wisely, barely noticeable. Agreed. The Ashes video was just awful from that perspective. Quote
Dion2000 Posted March 8, 2019 at 07:10 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 07:10 PM She sounded great, imo, and looks really beautiful but I wish they would stop using so much filter to hide her age. Whoever's decision this is needs to use moderate filtering so it's not so apparent. I don't think she needs any but if they're going to use it then it shouldn't be obvious. Ashes mv is an example of way too much filter. The Celinununu commercial used it wisely, barely noticeable. Im pretty sure in the Ashes behind the scenes ryan says that theyre doing “hologram” Celine.... i dont know if it was meant to be extremely edited to give that vibe off as a joke.... or maybe not lol. But as you see when shes standing there and Scott Barnes is doing her touch ups she looks FLAWLESS 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted March 8, 2019 at 07:32 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 07:32 PM Im pretty sure in the Ashes behind the scenes ryan says that theyre doing “hologram” Celine.... i dont know if it was meant to be extremely edited to give that vibe off as a joke.... or maybe not lol. But as you see when shes standing there and Scott Barnes is doing her touch ups she looks FLAWLESS Scott Barnes was her make up artist in A New Day... of course she’ll look flawless and Scott taught Céline more about make up during A New Day 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted March 8, 2019 at 07:35 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 07:35 PM Scott Barnes was her make up artist in A New Day... of course she’ll look flawless and Scott taught Céline more about make up during A New Day He wasn’t her makeup artist in AND?!? She did her makeup herself. He has worked with her on special performances... Kev x Quote
pat200 Posted March 8, 2019 at 07:58 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 07:58 PM she looks great. that's it. never did i imagine i would say her voice is the the least beautiful among a group of singers on a song. very dry, no color or flow to it. let the attacks begin. Quote
LVCeline Posted March 8, 2019 at 08:08 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 08:08 PM I think she sounds fine, but she has definitely gotten more nasal, like her nose is plugged all the time now. She sounds better than on Ashes in my opinion. She's always been nasal but since she's gotten older her voice is deeper and it's more pronounced now I think. Quote
comingback Posted March 8, 2019 at 08:25 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 08:25 PM (edited) Anyway, is it just me or she looks radiant and young? Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet She looks great but her voice is too nasal. But I love her .Happy Women's Day to all the ladies on this forum. Edited March 8, 2019 at 08:35 PM by comingback 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted March 8, 2019 at 08:42 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 08:42 PM Ahhhhh music to my ears.............. I love her part. 7 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
ordinary fan Posted March 8, 2019 at 09:02 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 09:02 PM I love the video and celine´s part, just great 1 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted March 8, 2019 at 10:34 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 10:34 PM Im pretty sure in the Ashes behind the scenes ryan says that theyre doing “hologram” Celine.... i dont know if it was meant to be extremely edited to give that vibe off as a joke.... or maybe not lol. But as you see when shes standing there and Scott Barnes is doing her touch ups she looks FLAWLESS I took that comment as a joke like, she's so famous and busy they sent her hologram for the video, nothing more. If she were meant to be a hologram Deadpool wouldn't have had that scene with her at the end, or it would have been mentioned. Unless it was a sentient Celine hologram...but I don't think so haha. In the bts you can see she's wearing heavy stage makeup and looks great. Don't understand why on top of that they added filters. Bad combination imo. At one point her mouth almost disappears lol. 1 Quote
Xpresso Posted March 8, 2019 at 11:48 PM Posted March 8, 2019 at 11:48 PM Bad combination imo. At one point her mouth almost disappears lol.It's a theme. Deadpool doesn't have a mouth either! 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted March 9, 2019 at 12:44 AM Posted March 9, 2019 at 12:44 AM (edited) He wasn’t her makeup artist in AND?!? She did her makeup herself. He has worked with her on special performances... Kev x Isn’t he part of the final year of A new day? Teaching céline about the new make up look? We can even see his name at the end of A new day. End credits Edited March 9, 2019 at 12:45 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted March 9, 2019 at 01:32 AM Posted March 9, 2019 at 01:32 AM I thought she looked and sounded lovely. (And so did Ginette Reno. Would love to see her and Celine together again). 6 Quote
scielle Posted March 9, 2019 at 01:47 AM Posted March 9, 2019 at 01:47 AM I thought she looked and sounded lovely. (And so did Ginette Reno. Would love to see her and Celine together again). Same. That was my main take-away from that track - Ginette. I wish she were better known outside of French Canada; she truly is incredible. 5 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted March 9, 2019 at 01:56 AM Posted March 9, 2019 at 01:56 AM Same. That was my main take-away from that track - Ginette. I wish she were better known outside of French Canada; she truly is incredible. Yup. Rene sure knew how to pick his singers. 2 Quote
donpi86 Posted March 9, 2019 at 09:53 AM Posted March 9, 2019 at 09:53 AM Sorry for being negative but the song for me is boring as hell.. and I truly love slow sad songs... maybe is just a thing about I don't know what are they singing about... and the other thing is that visually (the "music video") Celine's part ruined everything... it's not her fault... but the people doing it... you can't have a lot of close upsfrom the every singer, the chorus, the studio and then... pam! a videoconference from las vegas with a Celine (over postproduced skin) like if she were a TV News host. It's clear that she couldn't go to the recording studio... but I think that with nowadays videorecording they could have done something in the line of the video... some close ups of celine singing in a smaller place.. or in the vegas stage.. but this videoconference breaks the whole thing... and it goes against Celine, because sorry.. she looks ridiculous in the entire video context... To finish I think this is a good project to be involved and I'm happy she is in...;-) 2 Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted March 9, 2019 at 10:32 AM Posted March 9, 2019 at 10:32 AM I think it's a gorgeous song. I'm always amazed at how many great singers Québec has. And Céline looks so pretty . She does sound nasal, but it doesn't bother me for the song, as none of the singers are showing off (except Ginette, who doesn't really do subtle lol). I do agree with the 'video conference' comment, it's a bit silly. They could've just put her in another studio or something. 1 Quote
Javito Posted March 9, 2019 at 11:12 AM Posted March 9, 2019 at 11:12 AM She needs to take care of her voice so bad. And reduce the overexposure of her performing activity soon. Otherwise, the consequences of years of extreme abuse doing hundreds of concerts per year are showing now. The tiredness and exhaustion of her voice is real in songs like this. Did she record this after a concert in Vegas? That may be an explanation Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Dion2000 Posted March 9, 2019 at 11:33 AM Posted March 9, 2019 at 11:33 AM ABUSE :roflmao: :roflmao: Its called aging dear. Listen to anyone whos a good vocalist whos aged. Hell its even happend to barbra streisand from her 40s into her 50s and she barely performed at that point. Lara Fabian, her voice has deteriorated and she barely toured also. Mariah, as well has having nodules, her voice even when rested and in great condition is still 1/3 as good as her prime. EVEN YOUR FAVE LAURA PAUSINI. Her voice has deteriorated as well. It happens to all female singers. Often male singers voices last longer simply due to females going through many, many hormonal changes. Pregnancies, menopause, post pregnancy and such. Whilst this isnt the only reason, it is a big one. And as such, many women’s experience with voice is different from the next. You even notice changes in younger Celine simply from age. Her debut voice was fresh, youthful but had a sort of waily sound at time, by Incognito her voice was quite full and strong as she developed, by Her self titled era it had thickened again and by LTAL her voice was the more mature, thick tone we know. It progressively gets thicker and thicker although there are slight moments where she sounds “youthful”. Even in 2002, her voice had 100% matured and changed since pregnancy 1 Quote
angelil78 Posted March 9, 2019 at 03:35 PM Posted March 9, 2019 at 03:35 PM Sorry for being negative but the song for me is boring as hell.. and I truly love slow sad songs... maybe is just a thing about I don't know what are they singing about... and the other thing is that visually (the "music video") Celine's part ruined everything... it's not her fault... but the people doing it... you can't have a lot of close upsfrom the every singer, the chorus, the studio and then... pam! a videoconference from las vegas with a Celine (over postproduced skin) like if she were a TV News host. It's clear that she couldn't go to the recording studio... but I think that with nowadays videorecording they could have done something in the line of the video... some close ups of celine singing in a smaller place.. or in the vegas stage.. but this videoconference breaks the whole thing... and it goes against Celine, because sorry.. she looks ridiculous in the entire video context... To finish I think this is a good project to be involved and I'm happy she is in...;-) As a fan I loved Célines part of the video. It was like she was the star of the video, the main part and the most beautiful and with the best lines. But I do agree with you. They should have filmed Célines part the same way as the others. Seriously, it would have been easy. Even RC has a microphone like that in his room. She wouldn't even have to leave the house. And I hate the song, It's dead boring. But it's for a good cause and it's an original song by Renée Claude who is battling Alzheimer, so I'll forgive them that. But I have no desire to listen to the whole song again except Célines part in the video because it looks great. 2 Quote
Davey84 Posted March 9, 2019 at 06:36 PM Posted March 9, 2019 at 06:36 PM It's a pretty song, but IMO it would have been better if there was a bit more harmonizing in the voices. She looks fab in the video, but yeah an in studio take would have been more appropriate Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
gafsa Posted March 9, 2019 at 11:27 PM Posted March 9, 2019 at 11:27 PM Sorry for being negative but the song for me is boring as hell.. and I truly love slow sad songs... maybe is just a thing about I don't know what are they singing about... and the other thing is that visually (the "music video") Celine's part ruined everything... it's not her fault... but the people doing it... you can't have a lot of close upsfrom the every singer, the chorus, the studio and then... pam! a videoconference from las vegas with a Celine (over postproduced skin) like if she were a TV News host. It's clear that she couldn't go to the recording studio... but I think that with nowadays videorecording they could have done something in the line of the video... some close ups of celine singing in a smaller place.. or in the vegas stage.. but this videoconference breaks the whole thing... and it goes against Celine, because sorry.. she looks ridiculous in the entire video context... To finish I think this is a good project to be involved and I'm happy she is in...;-) I don't like the song either, and the fact I don't understand French make it harder to like the song. And yeah I don't like the video too, it's like put a random video in an original video LOL Quote
Thnswlsn25 Posted March 10, 2019 at 11:43 AM Posted March 10, 2019 at 11:43 AM I kinda like the idea of this 'video conference'. It really make her stands out from the rest. While the others are singing in the studio, and do some moves, she just sit there with just a minor movement, in the colosseum holding a wired microphone. She's the queen guys. The REAL DEAL. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted March 10, 2019 at 12:09 PM Posted March 10, 2019 at 12:09 PM (edited) I like the song. But i want only Céline to sing that song. 4 months to go and we will hear the new songs from the upcoming english album Edited March 10, 2019 at 12:09 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
isurrender Posted March 10, 2019 at 05:04 PM Posted March 10, 2019 at 05:04 PM Poor music, poor lyrics, poor vocals, poor video ( why isn't she in studio?). Next, please. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.