HushNow Posted January 9, 2017 at 03:31 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 03:31 PM I don't know, but I never clicked with it! I always liked much much more SISDA. I acknowledge it is a very good album though. Maybe it was because I first listened to the live versions of the songs in the Live à Paris CD (I bought that album before D'eux), so after listening to those masterful performances she did, the strength of her voice in the live prowess she managed, to the studio versions of the songs, which are all inferior to me, it was kind of a disappointment. This was particular noticeable in the song Regarde-moi, whose companion live version is by far of superior quality. Also, I think it has to do with the arrangements of the songs too. Overall, except for timeless tunes like PQTME, most of the music and arrangements in D'eux sound dated to me, and they sounded dated already by 2000. This didn't happen with the orchestral arrangements that SISDA brought, on the contrary Thanks for your interest wanting to know my reasons about this. Please notice that I'm not bashing D'eux just for the sake of it, since it is Jean-Jacque's second album, SISDA which I adore and prefer the most (well, at least until I discovered 1F&4T ). But D'eux... I think it's kind of overrated, thanks to PQTME to a great extent. Well, same happened with LTAL for including MHWGO, I suppose! This is exactly how I feel about D'eux!Same for me, I discovered the songs first on the Live a Paris album. When I heard the arrangements on the original album, I wa snot impressed. Dated is the word for it. I think Jean Jacques is an absolute hero composing great songs for Celine. But his arrangements are always some kind of weird 50/50 when it comes to quality: Nice arrangements on the album for me:Pour Que Tu M’aimes Encore, Cherche Encore, J’attendais, But songs like:Le Ballet(!), Prière Païenne, J’irai Où Tu Iras ...I just don't get it SSDA holds better arrangements indeed, but still you notice it on Dans Un Autre Monde or Terre To be honest with you, I criticize her arrangements on almost every French album. I always wonder how it's possible such wonderful songs in vocals, lyrics and melodies get such poor music. D'elles had so many incredible songs, but most arrangements sound like they're put together in a few hours... Many times I wonder; what if they would put a bit more effort in the music?Everything that's fine or nice, would have been great or incredible. I loved Sans Attendre (to me her French material doesn't have to be modern, young and poppy. I love that the album was more mature with smaller songs) but I mainly loved it because the arrangements were so much better. Quality-wise it's on a different level. Or at least better than the others. That's why I am very disappointing in EUS.I love the album, I love the songs... but the arrangements are back at the level 'not much effort' and feels like a big step back.I am constantly aware that songs like eg. Je nous veux, Les yeux au ciel or Si c'était à refaire could have been stunning with better music And after 20 years to me it slowly became unacceptable that Celine and her entire team clearly don't care. I am sure that the people who love the songs now, would still love them, or even more, if the music was next level.And the people who are not impressed with her music because of the 'poor' arrangements (and I know many of them) would have no reasons to criticise her or even finally have a reason to like her music. More effort would always be a major win. Period. 1 Quote
joaofilho Posted January 9, 2017 at 06:10 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 06:10 PM Can someone translate what Celine said in the interview ??? Quote
Condor Posted January 9, 2017 at 06:34 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 06:34 PM Can someone translate what Celine said in the interview ???If this interview is not deleted by YT, like they did with "En direct de l'univers" last fall and recently with "Celine Dion Plus qu'un destin", I'll translate the interview,but before I start anything I prefer to wait for a few more days. 7 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 9, 2017 at 08:03 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 08:03 PM If this interview is not deleted by YT, like they did with "En direct de l'univers" last fall and recently with "Celine Dion Plus qu'un destin", I'll translate the interview,but before I start anything I prefer to wait for a few more days. I'm already translating it into Spanish to upload to my YouTube channel over the next couple of days. In case they delete it, we can always share our subtitled videos on Facebook, right? 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Javito Posted January 9, 2017 at 08:25 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 08:25 PM Thank you! I thought I was alien saying this, I was even afraid of saying it because D'eux album is like "sacred" and untouchable for many French fans! But yeah, lyrically I have nothing to complain about, but to me, music always comes first, and in this sense, D'eux sounds sooo dated now. Wherever there is an orchestral arrangement behind, that will never sound outdated This is exactly how I feel about D'eux!Same for me, I discovered the songs first on the Live a Paris album. When I heard the arrangements on the original album, I wa snot impressed. Dated is the word for it. I think Jean Jacques is an absolute hero composing great songs for Celine. But his arrangements are always some kind of weird 50/50 when it comes to quality: Nice arrangements on the album for me:Pour Que Tu M’aimes Encore, Cherche Encore, J’attendais, But songs like:Le Ballet(!), Prière Païenne, J’irai Où Tu Iras ...I just don't get it SSDA holds better arrangements indeed, but still you notice it on Dans Un Autre Monde or Terre To be honest with you, I criticize her arrangements on almost every French album. I always wonder how it's possible such wonderful songs in vocals, lyrics and melodies get such poor music. D'elles had so many incredible songs, but most arrangements sound like they're put together in a few hours... Many times I wonder; what if they would put a bit more effort in the music?Everything that's fine or nice, would have been great or incredible. I loved Sans Attendre (to me her French material doesn't have to be modern, young and poppy. I love that the album was more mature with smaller songs) but I mainly loved it because the arrangements were so much better. Quality-wise it's on a different level. Or at least better than the others. That's why I am very disappointing in EUS.I love the album, I love the songs... but the arrangements are back at the level 'not much effort' and feels like a big step back.I am constantly aware that songs like eg. Je nous veux, Les yeux au ciel or Si c'était à refaire could have been stunning with better music And after 20 years to me it slowly became unacceptable that Celine and her entire team clearly don't care. I am sure that the people who love the songs now, would still love them, or even more, if the music was next level.And the people who are not impressed with her music because of the 'poor' arrangements (and I know many of them) would have no reasons to criticise her or even finally have a reason to like her music. More effort would always be a major win. Period. Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
mirage Posted January 9, 2017 at 09:06 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 09:06 PM Hallelujaah!! I wish someday she has an interviewer in front of her who than ask: so why don't you sing those songs? A french month in Vegas would be cool, but wondering if the general audience would go see it. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am so damn tired of hearing/reading Celine talk about how she wishes more would have been done with certain albums/songs. Honestly, if she truly feels the way she feels about "D'elles," then SHE needs to take more control and incorporate more of its material into her projects/performances/appearances. Instead of only including one song from "D'elles" during last year's French tour, she should have incorporated more. Heck, make all the songs from "D'elles" she performs ones I don't like for all I care, but do SOMETHING with them instead of being meek, passive and regretful about things. There's a wonderful saying which applies here - "Sh!t or get off the pot!" Newsflash, Celine, you have a French song in your Vegas show, and it's a cover. It's not one from "D'elles," let alone one of your own. You do have the power to change this, ya know? It's not rocket science. Just sayin'. </end rant...for now> Quote
mirage Posted January 9, 2017 at 09:12 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 09:12 PM How GREAT would it be, that for the next anniversary of her best selling french album they would record it again with an orchestra Wish sometimes that she would do artistically more with her music.But I guess that's also the other side of her status now.That she is not "allowed" Thank you! I thought I was alien saying this, I was even afraid of saying it because D'eux album is like "sacred" and untouchable for many French fans! But yeah, lyrically I have nothing to complain about, but to me, music always comes first, and in this sense, D'eux sounds sooo dated now. Wherever there is an orchestral arrangement behind, that will never sound outdated 3 Quote
yellowrose14 Posted January 9, 2017 at 09:22 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 09:22 PM Here's a Journal de Montreal summary / key quotes -http://www.journalde...line-a-joselito 7. "I can still hear Rene say:" Céline, I love you so much No one will love you like I do.. " I am overflowing with love for the rest of my life. " Gulp....... 5 Quote
celinesounds Posted January 9, 2017 at 09:30 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 09:30 PM nice interview, i'm glad it was a video Quote #FREEJAVITO
Javito Posted January 9, 2017 at 10:21 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 10:21 PM (edited) How GREAT would it be, that for the next anniversary of her best selling french album they would record it again with an orchestra Wish sometimes that she would do artistically more with her music.But I guess that's also the other side of her status now.That she is not "allowed" Definitely! Or an album of hits rearranged and rerecorded today... Nothing new under the sun, it has been done by several artists already, but it would be interesting to hear how songs like C'est pour vivre or Falling Into You (for example) would sound today with her voice and new arrangements She still has to take a looooot of chances artistically, but I'm afraid that focusing mainly and mostly on doing concerts is not going to help in this sense This ambition of her and her team with just performing and doing concerts like a machine scares me. She would need that ambition to enter the recording studio and spend more time there to experiment and do new things, new projects, try new things without fear of failing or risking too much, and I think she's not very much into that at this time of her career... Edited January 9, 2017 at 10:24 PM by Javito 3 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
DestinMg5 Posted January 9, 2017 at 10:53 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 10:53 PM Definitely! Or an album of hits rearranged and rerecorded today... Nothing new under the sun, it has been done by several artists already, but it would be interesting to hear how songs like C'est pour vivre or Falling Into You (for example) would sound today with her voice and new arrangements She still has to take a looooot of chances artistically, but I'm afraid that focusing mainly and mostly on doing concerts is not going to help in this sense This ambition of her and her team with just performing and doing concerts like a machine scares me. She would need that ambition to enter the recording studio and spend more time there to experiment and do new things, new projects, try new things without fear of failing or risking too much, and I think she's not very much into that at this time of her career... It is sad but hope there could be some change in the future Quote [url=http://s1383.photobucket
Javito Posted January 9, 2017 at 10:57 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 10:57 PM It is sad but hope there could be some change in the future When she says and assures she has "nothing to prove anymore"... that scares me. And she said it again in this interview, it had been a while since she didn't say it. But it's when she started to say this sentence repeatedly since mid 00's and on that most of the artistic side of her career started to vanish 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
isabel leite Posted January 9, 2017 at 10:58 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 10:58 PM 7. "I can still hear Rene say:" Céline, I love you so much No one will love you like I do.. " I am overflowing with love for the rest of my life. " Gulp.......beautiful, isn`t it!!! I am such a fan of this couple 1 Quote
celine4evauk Posted January 9, 2017 at 11:18 PM Posted January 9, 2017 at 11:18 PM When she says and assures she has "nothing to prove anymore"... that scares me. And she said it again in this interview, it had been a while since she didn't say it. But it's when she started to say this sentence repeatedly since mid 00's and on that most of the artistic side of her career started to vanish I always take that quote from celine as she has nothing to prove within the industry anymore. She's made her name, she's been there and done it all, and proved people wrong many times. I don't see the quote as she doesn't care about trying new things or experimenting in the studio etc. I do think we'll know more after hearing the new English album. It was positive signs after hearing EUS when a lot of fans were saying it's going to be a sad album etc. And she said she wants to take her time etc for the next english album, so it's all moving in a great direction if you ask me. As for Celine rerecording some songs , yes. But I can't see her doing it until she's less busy. Not performing live so much etc. And then I wonder whether she would then either. I can just hear celine say "why do it again, we can't improve it" lol no matter how the arrangements are changed 😂 Personally I would love it to be songs from her 80's recordings more than any 90's +. 7 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 10, 2017 at 05:23 PM Posted January 10, 2017 at 05:23 PM I've added Spanish subtitles to the entire interview, hope Spanish-speaking fans, well actually everybody, will enjoy it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVX56ERXn38&t=662s 3 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
DestinMg5 Posted January 10, 2017 at 08:44 PM Posted January 10, 2017 at 08:44 PM I've added Spanish subtitles to the entire interview, hope Spanish-speaking fans, well actually everybody, will enjoy it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVX56ERXn38&t=662s Thank you very much appreciated!!! 1 Quote [url=http://s1383.photobucket
donpi86 Posted January 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM Posted January 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM I've added Spanish subtitles to the entire interview, hope Spanish-speaking fans, well actually everybody, will enjoy it! Eres muy Grande!!! GRACIAS! 1 Quote
isurrender Posted January 13, 2017 at 11:42 AM Posted January 13, 2017 at 11:42 AM This interview was really really poor. Both from Céline than from Jose. It's amazing how we don't learn anything (absolutely NOTHING ) new from a 40 min long interview. Céline using the same métaphores than 20 years ago and Jose asking " what has fame brought to you?"(just like she got famous last year ) or " when did u start dreaming about an international career", sorry I just can't. There was not even a single question about her art. This guy did a very poor job to my opinion. All of his questions have been asked before. 4 Quote
RosieBarron Posted January 13, 2017 at 07:04 PM Posted January 13, 2017 at 07:04 PM This interview was really really poor. Both from Céline than from Jose. It's amazing how we don't learn anything (absolutely NOTHING ) new from a 40 min long interview. Céline using the same métaphores than 20 years ago and Jose asking " what has fame brought to you?"(just like she got famous last year ) or " when did u start dreaming about an international career", sorry I just can't. There was not even a single question about her art. This guy did a very poor job to my opinion. All of his questions have been asked before. I thought there were several interesting parts of this interview. Mainly the bits where she is talking about her life now. I felt quite sad for her at the end when she was talking about RC not being around at home for much longer. You can tell that the last year would have been a lot worse for her were it not for him in particular, and him being a very mature, supportive young man. Got to love him! Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 13, 2017 at 07:07 PM Posted January 13, 2017 at 07:07 PM I think some people just want to hear about the music and music only and I can understand that but she has so many more sides to me that I adore! ❤️ 6 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelineDionFreak Posted January 14, 2017 at 12:01 AM Posted January 14, 2017 at 12:01 AM I think some people just want to hear about the music and music only and I can understand that but she has so many more sides to me that I adore! ❤️I so agree! 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Popular Post Condor Posted January 14, 2017 at 01:01 AM Popular Post Posted January 14, 2017 at 01:01 AM I think some people just want to hear about the music and music only and I can understand that but she has so many more sides to me that I adore! ❤️ I am in the process of translating this interview and although I know almost all of Céline's answers,I find that Josélito has done a good interview. The atmosphere is intimate and I like it. Those who say they do not learn anything new should ask themselves whether to scrutinize every moment and facet of Celine Dion's life on a daily basis,as many members of this forum do,may be the reason for this disappointment about this interview. The public in general is not so aware of Celine's life, or even if they know her life well, still enjoy watching another interview simply because they love her.After so many long interviews in a single year, Celine does not have much new to say about her life after René. She leads a life of a working single mother and there has never been any scandal in her life on which an interviewer could ask questions.In addition,sometimes Celine voluntarily responds beside the question. The one that made the funniest and most interesting interviews,in my opinion,was Julie Snyder and I personally miss her. 11 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 14, 2017 at 01:32 AM Posted January 14, 2017 at 01:32 AM I am in the process of translating this interview and although I know almost all of Céline's answers,I find that Josélito has done a good interview. The atmosphere is intimate and I like it. Those who say they do not learn anything new should ask themselves whether to scrutinize every moment and facet of Celine Dion's life on a daily basis,as many members of this forum do,may be the reason for this disappointment about this interview. The public in general is not so aware of Celine's life, or even if they know her life well, still enjoy watching another interview simply because they love her.After so many long interviews in a single year, Celine does not have much new to say about her life after René. She leads a life of a working single mother and there has never been any scandal in her life on which an interviewer could ask questions.In addition,sometimes Celine voluntarily responds beside the question. The one that made the funniest and most interesting interviews,in my opinion,was Julie Snyder and I personally miss her.Yes! 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
chocolatechip15 Posted January 14, 2017 at 02:42 AM Posted January 14, 2017 at 02:42 AM The one that made the funniest and most interesting interviews,in my opinion,was Julie Snyder and I personally miss her. I miss Julie, too. The thing is, Julie and Celine had an ongoing relationship. So every interview was a little different, because they'd had so many interviews already. And Julie asked offbeat and random questions that were a lot of fun. One disappointing thing about this year's interviews is that most of them (the French ones, anyway) have been with people that Celine never interviewed with before; people she didn't really know. Sometimes that can be good, and can offer a different perspective. But when they're *all* that way, I think we really lose something. But I'm still so glad that you're translating this interview -- thank you so much for all the translating work you do, Condor - you are so wonderful!! 5 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 14, 2017 at 02:46 AM Posted January 14, 2017 at 02:46 AM I miss Julie, too. The thing is, Julie and Celine had an ongoing relationship. So every interview was a little different, because they'd had so many interviews already. And Julie asked offbeat and random questions that were a lot of fun. But I'm still so glad that you're translating this interview -- thank you so much for all the translating work you do, Condor - you are so wonderful!!Yes to this also! 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
nuts2you Posted January 14, 2017 at 04:41 PM Posted January 14, 2017 at 04:41 PM cant wait for this one Quote
takeachance Posted January 14, 2017 at 08:42 PM Posted January 14, 2017 at 08:42 PM Id like an Oprah interview, im suprised there hasnt been once since Rene died.................???. 1 Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
celine4evauk Posted January 14, 2017 at 09:04 PM Posted January 14, 2017 at 09:04 PM Id like an Oprah interview, im suprised there hasnt been once since Rene died.................???. It's probably more likely to happen (if it ever does) when a new English album comes out. Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 14, 2017 at 09:45 PM Posted January 14, 2017 at 09:45 PM The Oprah ship has sailed. If it didn't happen for Rene's death it ain't gonna happen for an English album. This is my opinion of course, sorry if that sounded like a fact. 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
scielle Posted January 14, 2017 at 09:51 PM Author Posted January 14, 2017 at 09:51 PM The Oprah ship has sailed. If it didn't happen for Rene's death it ain't gonna happen for an English album. This is my opinion of course, sorry if that sounded like a fact. Does she even still do celebrity interviews?All I know of her these days is Weight Watchers commercials... 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.