chocolatechip15 Posted January 7, 2017 at 10:14 PM Posted January 7, 2017 at 10:14 PM Her father was an alcoholic and somewhere I read that when Therese was travelling a lot in the 80's with Céline, her dad was using alcohol a lot. And that it was ONE of the reasons for why Therese stopped travelling with Céline at the age of 18.Now if I could remember where I read that..Celines dad was an alcoholic ??? !!! Celine's *grandfather* was an alcoholic. Adhemar's father. I've seen that numerous times. I never heard it said that Adhemar himself was an alcoholic. Quote
takeachance Posted January 7, 2017 at 10:28 PM Posted January 7, 2017 at 10:28 PM Celine's *grandfather* was an alcoholic. Adhemar's father. I've seen that numerous times. I never heard it said that Adhemar himself was an alcoholic. Oh ok !! I was thinking !! thank you for clarifying Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
scielle Posted January 7, 2017 at 11:07 PM Author Posted January 7, 2017 at 11:07 PM (edited) Celine night on Radio-Canada starts in 1 hour! Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetEn direct de l'univers at 7pm ETEn direct de l'univers Behind the Scenes at 8:30pmJoselito Michaud interview at 9pm I think whoever said earlier there must be an announcement around the corner is right. It's rare for us to get so much Celine on TV 'just 'cause'... I'm sure Aldo has something up his sleeve. Edited January 7, 2017 at 11:08 PM by scielle Quote
jessx Posted January 7, 2017 at 11:18 PM Posted January 7, 2017 at 11:18 PM (edited) Celine's *grandfather* was an alcoholic. Adhemar's father. I've seen that numerous times. I never heard it said that Adhemar himself was an alcoholic. I'm pretty sure it says in Maman Dion's bio that she was upset with Adhemar's alcohol intake, when they had the pub, and she asked him to stop drinking, and he did. Nobody actually said that he was an alcoholic. Didn't her brother, Clément, have some sort of addiction problem too? There's a quote from him somewhere saying how he appreciated Céline calling him from a hotel in 91, congratulating him on completing detox therapy. With that many people in the immediate family, they're going to see what looks like a lot of issues but really, when you think about how many people there actually are, it's probably average. I have a large family, and sometimes wonder whether we've all had more than our fair share of family heartbreak but when I really think about it, there's just so many people in my family... If that makes any sense. It's like that ridiculous thing I saw about her family being cursed with cancer. The last time I checked it was 1 in 2 /1 in 3 that get cancer. Their odds of more cancer in the family is way bigger than most. Not only that, things run in families, different types of illness, and even addictive tendencies. Edited January 7, 2017 at 11:20 PM by jessx 2 Quote
Katie Posted January 8, 2017 at 12:47 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 12:47 AM Another preview, this time from Radio Canada: http://ici.radio-can...hronique=425733 It's an audio interview with Joselito Michaudin in which he talks a bit about his experience interviewing Celine, and in fact includes an excerpt of this Saturday's interview as well. That's the link for the news Channel of Radio Canada Can't find for the entertainement channel Quote
scielle Posted January 8, 2017 at 12:56 AM Author Posted January 8, 2017 at 12:56 AM That's the link for the news Channel of Radio Canada Can't find for the entertainement channel Yes, that's the link with the preview article and the audio interview with Joselito. It's not the link for ICI Radio-Canada Tele, where the actual interview is airing. I'm not aware of one that's non geo-blocked. 1 Quote
isabel leite Posted January 8, 2017 at 01:33 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 01:33 AM Hi I am not able to watch the interview from my country. Could someone please pretty please record it? I would be forever grateful! Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted January 8, 2017 at 02:03 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 02:03 AM Is there a link to watch it live online?? Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
CelineDionFreak Posted January 8, 2017 at 02:48 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 02:48 AM I haven't been able to find anything. For anyone watching how is it? Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Dancing_Queen Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:10 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:10 AM Many 'lame' questions and answers (at least for fans who watch every interview :-). But a few interesting things, at least to me: -She is still sometimes insecure about her lack of education. She'll make spelling mistakes and get annoyed because she's such a perfectionist.- She was sad that D'Elles didn't do very well because she loves the album and is very proud of it. Can't remember much else for the moment. 4 Quote
québecflower Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:20 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:20 AM the hockey game between Montreal Toronto was better... but things didn't change there either, we still beat them And it is hard to find something new in the interview, even Joselito could not pass those walls. At the same time , i know enough, i would prefer an hour where she would talk just about music or her next album. 3 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
CelineDionFreak Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:20 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:20 AM Many 'lame' questions and answers (at least for fans who watch every interview :-). But a few interesting things, at least to me: -She is still sometimes insecure about her lack of education. She'll make spelling mistakes and get annoyed because she's such a perfectionist.- She was sad that D'Elles didn't do very well because she loves the album and is very proud of it. Can't remember much else for the moment.That's interesting about D'elles. I think she could've added more songs to the TCWT francophone concerts. I always thought Les Temps Qui Compte would've been good on the tour. I did always want to see Si J'étais Quelqu'un done too. 3 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
jpatdeleon09 Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:38 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:38 AM D'elles is the classiest album i've ever heard and hey also the photoshoot. She really looks amazing 3 Quote
scielle Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:38 AM Author Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:38 AM Well, if you've seen the various interviews over the past year you're not really going to find anything new here. But hey, at least she's consistent! That being said, it's always wonderful to hear her speak so lovingly about Rene. I'll never get bored of that. And actually, I respect this approach. She tells us what she wants to tell us but actually keeps many private facets of her life very, very private (and rightfully so). There are plenty of difficult questions that are waiting to be asked, but either nobody has dared to ask them, or she just shuts them down with a non-response that's not even worth airing. I suspect it's the former. 6 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:55 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:55 AM Well, if you've seen the various interviews over the past year you're not really going to find anything new here. But hey, at least she's consistent! That being said, it's always wonderful to hear her speak so lovingly about Rene. I'll never get bored of that. And actually, I respect this approach. She tells us what she wants to tell us but actually keeps many private facets of her life very, very private (and rightfully so). There are plenty of difficult questions that are waiting to be asked, but either nobody has dared to ask them, or she just shuts them down with a non-response that's not even worth airing. I suspect it's the former. I agree! And I'm actually glad that no one has asked her really because while she is an open book, I think she's smart to keep some things private! It helps her to keep her sanity. While she could tell all, it's nice to keep some secrets, because she is a person just like everybody else. 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
DionFanAlways Posted January 8, 2017 at 04:27 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 04:27 AM So what were the decisions she didn't want to do? Was it MHWGO? Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
québecflower Posted January 8, 2017 at 04:32 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 04:32 AM So what were the decisions she didn't want to do? Was it MHWGO?it was nothing specific...just that they were not always on the same opinion, thank God. Otherwise i would have questionned her honesty or character or lack of it 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
DionFanAlways Posted January 8, 2017 at 05:25 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 05:25 AM it was nothing specific...just that they were not always on the same opinion, thank God. Otherwise i would have questionned her honesty or character or lack of it Good. It shows she was just not following him blindly. Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
SuperLove4Celine Posted January 8, 2017 at 06:36 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 06:36 AM Good. It shows she was just not following him blindly. Or maybe she was... 1 Quote
isabel leite Posted January 8, 2017 at 07:37 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 07:37 AM Does anybody know where I can watch the interview? thanks Quote
mirage Posted January 8, 2017 at 09:00 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 09:00 AM This the second time that she spoke about her album D'elles and being sad it didn't performed that well. I think it's also the second time that she is really honest about what she feels for her own records and sales. But what I don't get, it's Celine Dion, she can do a one night only D'elles show (or 5) I would NOT mind! I even would fly to Vegas for that! 3 Quote
celine4evauk Posted January 8, 2017 at 10:28 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 10:28 AM Or if she does any francophone shows this year maybe she'll include a few songs from D'elles. She must be aware of the audience enjoying the "rarities" in the summer tour. Hopefully it'll give her the confidence to look at her other albums now. 1 Quote
Danystar Posted January 8, 2017 at 10:59 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 10:59 AM Someone recorded it? 1 Quote
Angel2006 Posted January 8, 2017 at 11:22 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 11:22 AM I am just curious, Does anyone know if Celine did in fact say that she breastfed Nelson until he was 4, or was that a misunderstanding? I am only asking to know what was indeed said. It's not question of judgement or anything like that. Also, did the interviewer ask Celine if she thinks she will ever find love again, or any kind of personal questions about love? If so, what was Celine's response? Oh and other question. What did Celine's mom have to say during this interview? I am guessing that Celine probably gave the same answers that she's been giving so far. I hope she wasn't asked the finding love question. I find it to be rude and in poor taste to ask her that in my opinion. From what I could see, this looked like a pretty good interview. Celine appeared calm and relaxed and not at all sad. I am glad this wasn't an emotional, crying kind of interview. Celine looked so beautiful. Her eyes were like Bambi! Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 8, 2017 at 11:41 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 11:41 AM Apparently The Red Heads will do a live stream this afternoon at 19:00 (Paris time) / 13:00 (Montreal time) to share their recording of the interview. 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
angelil78 Posted January 8, 2017 at 12:42 PM Posted January 8, 2017 at 12:42 PM I'm pretty sure it says in Maman Dion's bio that she was upset with Adhemar's alcohol intake, when they had the pub, and she asked him to stop drinking, and he did. Nobody actually said that he was an alcoholic. Didn't her brother, Clément, have some sort of addiction problem too? There's a quote from him somewhere saying how he appreciated Céline calling him from a hotel in 91, congratulating him on completing detox therapy. Thanx! I could not remember where I read it but that's where I read it. I LOVED D'Elles album. I thought it was amazing. I do not like all of Célines albums. But that album was fantastic 1 Quote
Javito Posted January 8, 2017 at 01:58 PM Posted January 8, 2017 at 01:58 PM D'elles is her French album I listen the least And D'eux comes closer I think all the concept about womankind around the album is not for everyone. However, give me SISDA or 1F&4T and I'll listen anytime. And EUS is coming closer in my favourites too Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
dodobird Posted January 8, 2017 at 02:46 PM Posted January 8, 2017 at 02:46 PM D'elles is her French album I listen the least And D'eux comes closer I think all the concept about womankind around the album is not for everyone. However, give me SISDA or 1F&4T and I'll listen anytime. And EUS is coming closer in my favourites too You really don't like D'Eux? I was really surprised to read that. Of course it all comes down to personal taste so I'm not trying to start an argument! I was just surprised because JJG's album is one of the best in her career (anglophone and francophone)!! Can I ask what is it that you don't like about it? It's an honest question btw, I'm not being sarcastic or anything 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:21 PM Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:21 PM Or maybe she was... Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
jpatdeleon09 Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:41 PM Posted January 8, 2017 at 03:41 PM Me, Sans Attendre is the least french album that i listen to. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.