Ronny83 Posted July 11, 2017 at 09:51 AM Posted July 11, 2017 at 09:51 AM http://www.hawtcelebs.com/celine-dionon-set-photoshoot-paris-07102017/ 2 Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
Javito Posted July 11, 2017 at 10:05 AM Posted July 11, 2017 at 10:05 AM Will that be for a magazine? Or new album? Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
GameC Posted July 11, 2017 at 10:11 AM Posted July 11, 2017 at 10:11 AM http://www.hawtceleb...paris-07102017/ Just wow... http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/celine-dionon-the-set-of-a-photoshoot-in-paris-07-10-2017_8.jpg http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/celine-dionon-the-set-of-a-photoshoot-in-paris-07-10-2017_1.jpg 3 Quote
Sazeliza Posted July 11, 2017 at 10:15 AM Posted July 11, 2017 at 10:15 AM (edited) Which show are you gonna be at? 30 July.. I know she'll have just done one in Birmingham and the other London one the day before, I'm just kidding Edited July 11, 2017 at 10:21 AM by Sazeliza Quote
mirage Posted July 11, 2017 at 11:06 AM Posted July 11, 2017 at 11:06 AM Pff and seeing it with your own eyes, is even crazier!!Outside the hotel wanting pictures with his friends, like really?!?! The mere fact that anyone is even suggesting bothering RC is so completely off-base and inappropriate it makes me question people's sanity...Seriously, the way some stalk him and all his friends and anyone remotely connected to him on Instagram and Twitter is, frankly, worrisome. 5 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 11, 2017 at 11:06 AM Posted July 11, 2017 at 11:06 AM Quite a few forum members going on the 30th 2 Quote
Popular Post GameC Posted July 11, 2017 at 11:12 AM Popular Post Posted July 11, 2017 at 11:12 AM (edited) Dear, unfortunately for some members in this forum, verbs like "expect", "hope", "ask" for things to happen and be released are words forbidden and annoying for those certain members here, when those expectations are the most natural reaction to have as the public of an artist. Of course public expects new things to be released, all the time. If she's touring Europe and doing like 30 shows around the continent, of course it's just natural that some fans expect that at least ONE show is filmed, and hopefully released on DVD. Particularly since last summer tour was NOT released. But this comes as annoying and uncalled for and even "greedy" or "selfish" to that little minority of members. Well, sometimes these words ("expect", "hope", "ask") sound here like a "firm demand", for example: "IF THAT'S TRUTH CELINE TEAM IS COMPLETELLY IGNORING THE FANS'CELINE AND WE NOT FORGET THIS!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!#!#!#!!!!!!!" And even you (no offence) say something like: "give us a DVD because otherwise I will assume you are "greedy" or ignore fans". It is rather closer to the "demand" than to the "impression of hope". For example here: If they don't release anything again, I don't think we can be called "greedy" for wanting a DVD, but I can tell you who can be looked as "greedy" on its own right for touring TWO consecutive times the same time of the year and in some cases the same cities, and not releasing anything of it for the fans. Yet they are always ready to tour -without no apparent reason- and ask for more money, and more money, and more money from the fans with not so very cheap seats. I mean, come on, they allow people to record or live stream these concerts, even from the first rows, where the equipment in the majority can caputre the image in 4k! They then allow to put these recordings on the internet, where everyone has access to them. It is hard to call it a "manifestation of greed"... And one more thing: Last year Céline did a summer tour which was regarded as her best tour for many fans here & outside this forum, and it wasn't released. This year, she does another tour for 2 consecutive years, with no apparent reason since she hasn't anything to promote, no new album and no new music (proof of this is that this tour has no name, simply "live 2017"). Still she tours again, for two consecutive years. And still, as always, there will be fans that cannot make it to see her live, so it's only common sense to expect a DVD to be released THIS time and an act of justice towards that part of the public that cannot make it to the shows. Two tour dates year after year (quoting you: "with no apparent reason since she hasn't anything to promote") and rumors about another tour next year, may suggest a series of such mini tours continued over many years. Same as Vegas. If it is true, then we will not see any DVD sooner than this series will end, same as Vegas. Which seems quite logical to me. Edited July 11, 2017 at 11:25 AM by GameC 8 Quote
celinefanonline Posted July 11, 2017 at 11:43 AM Posted July 11, 2017 at 11:43 AM i do hope they will release the concert ..... english one (london or UK concerts plz) and a french one with mixed videos or so from last year! Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
LukeD Posted July 11, 2017 at 12:07 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 12:07 PM If they don't release anything again, I don't think we can be called "greedy" for wanting a DVD, but I can tell you who can be looked as "greedy" on its own right for touring TWO consecutive times the same time of the year and in some cases the same cities, and not releasing anything of it for the fans. Yet they are always ready to tour -without no apparent reason- and ask for more money, and more money, and more money from the fans with not so very cheap seats. So I don't know who is more "greedy" here, if fans for always wanting new releases all the time, or an artist who performs and tours ceaselessly all the time but doesn't release any live material of it, doing an average of 30 shows in each tour. And God knows I don't think Céline is a greedy artist at all, being the most generous and dedicated singer out there. But her team is, undoubtedly. Greedy shouldn't be the word, but lazy. So why not releasing a DVD? It's more money for them, and they make fans happy. In my book, that's a win-win situation. Excuse me! All her DVD releases have been profitable for the label. To call them greedy because they do not release something that would normally be profitable makes no sense. 2 Quote
LukeD Posted July 11, 2017 at 12:12 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 12:12 PM I agree that we shouldn't bother RC about this but, desperate times call for desperate measure, so if people have to write to RC to pass the request down, then so be it. I don't fully condone it, but what else can we do at this point? I personally don't want forgetting about a DVD to be an option and I don't think a lot of other people want that either. Desperate times? I think you are missing the point of how desperate we would be had Celine terminated her career when Rene died. We have so many things to be grateful for and to define this era as ''desperate'' due to the lack of a DVD release undermines every effort made by Celine to release music, perform it live and go on with her career. 5 Quote
LukeD Posted July 11, 2017 at 12:15 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 12:15 PM (edited) Two tour dates year after year (quoting you: "with no apparent reason since she hasn't anything to promote") and rumors about another tour next year, may suggest a series of such mini tours continued over many years. Same as Vegas. If it is true, then we will not see any DVD sooner than this series will end, same as Vegas. Which seems quite logical to me.In his books to release a DVD would justify the tour. Expression through singing, interaction with fans, travelling the world = ''no apparent reason''. Edited July 11, 2017 at 12:15 PM by LukeD 4 Quote
Sazeliza Posted July 11, 2017 at 12:24 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 12:24 PM Quite a few forum members going on the 30th That's good! Quote
Popular Post DionFanAlways Posted July 11, 2017 at 12:55 PM Popular Post Posted July 11, 2017 at 12:55 PM https://instagram.com/p/BWZ16adAKjS/ 14 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
mirage Posted July 11, 2017 at 01:17 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 01:17 PM By the time this discussion ends whether or not she should release a dvd and who we need to contact to get the attention. Someone could have already made a petition and have people to sign it... So any of the I want an dvd sooo badly peeps out there who actually did something? 2 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 11, 2017 at 01:18 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 01:18 PM https://instagram.com/p/BWZ16adAKjS/That looks like a rather painful angle 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
sfbaysinger Posted July 11, 2017 at 04:55 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 04:55 PM My two cents, I don't think we are greedy for wanting a DVD, but THE WAY some want to go about it is not right. Of course the public wants new things. No kidding. But when that expectation comes with conditions, that's when it gets tough. If we don't get a DVD, if someone decides to leave fandom for that, that's kind of, not logical. I know, no one has threatened that, but will the world end if we don't get one? No. Would it be a shame if we didn't get one? Hell yes! It would. No if's, and's or but's about it, it would suck. We should have gotten one last year because I too think it was her best tour in years and I don't speak very much french. lol But life will go on if we don't get one, and for the love of god, don't bother her son. I don't think she gets upset easily, but somehow I have a feeling THAT would get her a little upset. And I for one would never want to do anything that would make her not happy! Rene said it, I think, happy wife, happy life. lol Or at least I think that was him. i know if it was not, someone on here will correct me. 4 Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
minolli Posted July 11, 2017 at 05:47 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 05:47 PM My two cents, I don't think we are greedy for wanting a DVD, but THE WAY some want to go about it is not right. Of course the public wants new things. No kidding. But when that expectation comes with conditions, that's when it gets tough. If we don't get a DVD, if someone decides to leave fandom for that, that's kind of, not logical. I know, no one has threatened that, but will the world end if we don't get one? No. Would it be a shame if we didn't get one? Hell yes! It would. No if's, and's or but's about it, it would suck. We should have gotten one last year because I too think it was her best tour in years and I don't speak very much french. lol But life will go on if we don't get one, and for the love of god, don't bother her son. I don't think she gets upset easily, but somehow I have a feeling THAT would get her a little upset. And I for one would never want to do anything that would make her not happy! Rene said it, I think, happy wife, happy life. lol Or at least I think that was him. i know if it was not, someone on here will correct me. Absolutely agree. Yes, it would amazing to have a live release, but it's not the end of the world if we don't get one. I just feel like it would be such a shame to not have professional, HQ audio and/or video of these stunning shows (and last year's as well). I would love to listen to Scott's beautiful arrangements and Celine's wonderful vocals on these songs in high quality, and the thought of those being lost forever or in some archive somewhere is discouraging. I love that everyone has been so kind to share FB/YT videos, but it just leaves me itching for professional recordings. However, when it gets to the point of bothering RC about stuff that, realistically, he probably has nothing to do with, that feels too far. Let the kid live his life. From a financial perspective, maybe there is an issue of ROI for releasing live DVDs, or maybe because it's not a full-fledged world tour, they don't feel that it's a justified release. I don't know. (Though, plenty of pop stars like Beyoncé, Katy Perry, and Taylor Swift have released concert films in the last 5 years in one format or another, so the argument that people don't care about them anymore has no traction with me.) In that case, why not make it a digital-only release? That way the fans who are dedicated enough to seek it out (us) can have it, without the overhead of producing a physical release. I hesitate to fan the flames, and I don't necessarily know how I feel about fans "demanding" things from artists, but I wonder if it might be helpful to get some petition going of people who would actually purchase a hypothetical live album/video (rather than people who think it's a good idea, without necessarily intending to spend money on it) and see if we could get that to the powers that be as a "proof of concept" that it could be profitable. 3 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsg43qJH1b1qa4phqo1_400.jpg
minolli Posted July 11, 2017 at 05:50 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 05:50 PM Here's a small thing that maybe hasn't been posted yet: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/pictures/random-notes-see-photos-of-top-music-stars-celebrities-bands-w480737 It's just a picture of Celine with a caption, among a bunch of other pictures, but they're using Celine's photo as the main image for the article, and it's currently on the homepage of RollingStone.com. 5 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsg43qJH1b1qa4phqo1_400.jpg
Your_Su_Phu Posted July 11, 2017 at 06:03 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 06:03 PM (edited) Here's a small thing that maybe hasn't been posted yet: http://www.rollingst...s-bands-w480737 It's just a picture of Celine with a caption, among a bunch of other pictures, but they're using Celine's photo as the main image for the article, and it's currently on the homepage of RollingStone.com. Absolutely hilarious considering their history of tearing her to shreds in the 90's and 00's, just a part of their gradual turnaround on her since last year Edited July 11, 2017 at 06:04 PM by Your_Su_Phu 2 Quote
smw Posted July 11, 2017 at 06:13 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 06:13 PM Absolutely hilarious considering their history of tearing her to shreds in the 90's and 00's, just a part of their gradual turnaround on her since last year True -- but luckily there's a whole new generation working at Rolling Stone now. This younger generation is really loving / embracing Celine. HOORAY! Also, I think some older folks who maybe never gave her credit are coming around now that they see her longevity / class / work ethic. Also, how graceful she's been since losing Rene. 7 Quote
Popular Post scielle Posted July 11, 2017 at 07:54 PM Popular Post Posted July 11, 2017 at 07:54 PM (edited) Ha! I knew it was only a matter of time... https://www.instagra...gged=celinedion (click through... there are several good ones!) http://quebec.huffin...gue_a_23025462/ https://twitter.com/...celine&src=typd Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet ...among many, many more. Edited July 11, 2017 at 08:01 PM by scielle 17 Quote
sangstar Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:04 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:04 PM Celine will be flying into Leeds on 2nd Aug at 3.30pm approx, and flying out to Birmingham airport directly after the show at approx 00.30am 1 Quote
celine4evauk Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:11 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:11 PM Ha! I knew it was only a matter of time... https://www.instagra...gged=celinedion (click through... there are several good ones!) http://quebec.huffin...gue_a_23025462/ https://twitter.com/...celine&src=typd Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet ...among many, many more. OMG 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 1 Quote
*kirstie* Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:12 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:12 PM Ha! I knew it was only a matter of time... https://www.instagra...gged=celinedion (click through... there are several good ones!) http://quebec.huffin...gue_a_23025462/ https://twitter.com/...celine&src=typd Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet ...among many, many more. Omg. These are BRILLIANT 😂😂 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:16 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:16 PM Celine will be flying into Leeds on 2nd Aug at 3.30pm approx, and flying out to Birmingham airport directly after the show at approx 00.30am How do you know this?!? Quote
nuts2you Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:18 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:18 PM just a little of topic; but where do you think she will tour next yr ,, any idea's , Quote
sangstar Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:24 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:24 PM How do you know this?!? I work within the airline industry 3 Quote
leus Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:40 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:40 PM Celine @ the airport, leaving Lille 4 Quote
leus Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:44 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:44 PM Arriving @ Lille Airporthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK21OOXGqjw Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:47 PM Posted July 11, 2017 at 08:47 PM I work within the airline industry I work within the airline industry Wow I didn't think they would book slots so far in advance for private jets... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.